|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
2. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
3. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
4. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
5. Why do the hospital doctors and staff think that Frank is very committed to his education?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
2. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
3. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
4. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
5. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
6. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
7. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
9. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
10. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Frank's techniques for escaping when he is caught or when he faces a situation in which he is about to be caught. What strategies does he use? How does his research help him when he needs to make an escape?
Essay Topic 3
How does the kindness of the Swedish prison guards make Frank feel? How does his experience in Sweden affect his thoughts and reflections about life? Support your answer with quotations from the book.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)