|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
2. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
3. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
4. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
5. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
2. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
3. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
4. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
5. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
6. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
7. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
8. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
9. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
10. Why do you think that Frank is concerned when the pilot of the flight he is on does not let him listen to conversations with the tower on a courtesy headset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about the friends Frank makes as he plays his different roles. Many of his friends know him primarily under a name or in a role that is a fake. How do you think this affects Frank's relationships with his friends? Does he consider them to be true friends or just part of his role playing? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Frank's role as a supervisory resident at the hospital in Atlanta with his role as a lawyer. How are the two roles similar? How are they different? Include the process Frank goes through to get each job, and the reasons that lead up to his departure from each.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frank's techniques for escaping when he is caught or when he faces a situation in which he is about to be caught. What strategies does he use? How does his research help him when he needs to make an escape?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)