|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
2. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
3. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
4. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
5. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
2. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
3. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
4. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
5. Why do you think Frank is tempted to return to a life of crime?
6. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
7. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
9. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
10. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
Essay Topic 1
An introvert is someone who tends to be turned inward, who likes to spend a lot of time alone. An extrovert is someone who tends to be turned outward toward other people, who gets charged up by spending time with people. Do you describe Frank as an introvert or an extrovert? Support your answer with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the kindness of the Swedish prison guards make Frank feel? How does his experience in Sweden affect his thoughts and reflections about life? Support your answer with quotations from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank's tour of Europe with the interns, with his usual practice of deadheading around alone as a fake pilot. How are the two experiences similar and different? Which strategy do you think best suits Frank's character?
This section contains 1,677 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)