|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to leave Atlanta?
2. Why does Frank enjoy attending a Methodist church?
3. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
4. How does Frank earn the respect of the hospital's interns?
5. Why does Frank's plan work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Frank manages to avoid being caught for several years. Imagine, though, that he is caught. How do you think he is caught earlier? How much of his good fortune is luck and how much is skill?
2. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
3. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
4. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
5. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
6. Describe Frank's appearance.
7. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
8. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
9. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
10. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An introvert is someone who tends to be turned inward, who likes to spend a lot of time alone. An extrovert is someone who tends to be turned outward toward other people, who gets charged up by spending time with people. Do you describe Frank as an introvert or an extrovert? Support your answer with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Frank's "code of honor." What does Frank consider to be moral behavior for himself? What does he consider to be immoral? How do you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Frank's career as a criminal occurs before law enforcement agencies have computers that are linked together. Do you think that Frank is able to commit the same crimes if he starts again today? How do you think technology affects his criminal career?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)