|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
2. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
3. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
4. Why does Frank decide to leave Atlanta?
5. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
2. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
3. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
4. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
5. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
6. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
7. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
8. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
9. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
10. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Frank's role as a supervisory resident at the hospital in Atlanta with his role as a lawyer. How are the two roles similar? How are they different? Include the process Frank goes through to get each job, and the reasons that lead up to his departure from each.
Essay Topic 2
How does the kindness of the Swedish prison guards make Frank feel? How does his experience in Sweden affect his thoughts and reflections about life? Support your answer with quotations from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the life of a pilot seems appealing to a teenage boy? What parts of Frank's life as a pilot do you think make him feel accepted and admired? What aspects of his life as a pilot make him feel anxious about getting caught?
This section contains 1,709 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)