|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
2. Why does Frank's plan work?
3. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
4. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
5. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
2. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
4. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
5. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
6. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
7. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
8. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
9. Why do you think that Frank is concerned when the pilot of the flight he is on does not let him listen to conversations with the tower on a courtesy headset?
10. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An introvert is someone who tends to be turned inward, who likes to spend a lot of time alone. An extrovert is someone who tends to be turned outward toward other people, who gets charged up by spending time with people. Do you describe Frank as an introvert or an extrovert? Support your answer with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Frank's career as a criminal occurs before law enforcement agencies have computers that are linked together. Do you think that Frank is able to commit the same crimes if he starts again today? How do you think technology affects his criminal career?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)