|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
2. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
3. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
4. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
5. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
2. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
3. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
4. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
5. What is Frank's code of honor?
6. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
7. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
8. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
9. Do you think Frank regrets his crimes?
10. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An introvert is someone who tends to be turned inward, who likes to spend a lot of time alone. An extrovert is someone who tends to be turned outward toward other people, who gets charged up by spending time with people. Do you describe Frank as an introvert or an extrovert? Support your answer with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the chapter titles for the book. How do the chapter titles develop the tone of Catch Me If You Can? How do the chapter titles reflect Frank's own personality?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the following people who help Frank at various times during his criminal career: Kitty Corbett, Bailout Bailey, Jan Lundstrom. Which of these people does Frank admire the most? Why?
This section contains 1,659 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)