|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
2. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
3. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
4. How does Frank avoid blowing his cover while he is working at the hospital?
5. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
2. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
3. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
4. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
5. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
6. Describe Frank's appearance.
7. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
8. What is Frank's pattern of preparing himself for a new role?
9. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
10. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Papa Lavalier. What role does he play in Frank's life? Do you think that Frank takes advantage of him, or does he benefit just as much from their transactions as Frank does? Do you think that Papa Lavalier understands as little as Frank believes he does?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank's role as a supervisory resident at the hospital in Atlanta with his role as a lawyer. How are the two roles similar? How are they different? Include the process Frank goes through to get each job, and the reasons that lead up to his departure from each.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)