|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
2. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
3. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
4. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
5. Why does Frank enjoy attending a Methodist church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
2. Frank manages to avoid being caught for several years. Imagine, though, that he is caught. How do you think he is caught earlier? How much of his good fortune is luck and how much is skill?
3. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
4. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
5. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
6. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
7. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
8. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
9. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
10. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of Frank's cons and write a comparison/contrast essay about them. Explain what makes each con work, and what role Frank plays in each.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the friends Frank makes as he plays his different roles. Many of his friends know him primarily under a name or in a role that is a fake. How do you think this affects Frank's relationships with his friends? Does he consider them to be true friends or just part of his role playing? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Papa Lavalier. What role does he play in Frank's life? Do you think that Frank takes advantage of him, or does he benefit just as much from their transactions as Frank does? Do you think that Papa Lavalier understands as little as Frank believes he does?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)