|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
2. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
3. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
4. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
5. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
2. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
3. What is Frank's pattern of preparing himself for a new role?
4. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
5. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
6. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
7. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
8. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
9. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
10. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Frank's role as a supervisory resident at the hospital in Atlanta with his role as a lawyer. How are the two roles similar? How are they different? Include the process Frank goes through to get each job, and the reasons that lead up to his departure from each.
Essay Topic 2
In some ways, the plot of Catch Me If You Can is described as a spiral: the same series of events happens over and over. Describe the spiral of the plot. Use Frank's different cons to help with your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the following people who help Frank at various times during his criminal career: Kitty Corbett, Bailout Bailey, Jan Lundstrom. Which of these people does Frank admire the most? Why?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)