|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
2. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
3. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
4. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
5. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
Short Essay Questions
1. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
2. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
3. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
4. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
5. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
6. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
7. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
8. Describe Frank's appearance.
9. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
10. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following people who help Frank at various times during his criminal career: Kitty Corbett, Bailout Bailey, Jan Lundstrom. Which of these people does Frank admire the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the kindness of the Swedish prison guards make Frank feel? How does his experience in Sweden affect his thoughts and reflections about life? Support your answer with quotations from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank's role as a supervisory resident at the hospital in Atlanta with his role as a lawyer. How are the two roles similar? How are they different? Include the process Frank goes through to get each job, and the reasons that lead up to his departure from each.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)