Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
2. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
3. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
4. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
5. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
2. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
3. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
4. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
5. Why do you think Frank is tempted to return to a life of crime?
6. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
7. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
9. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
10. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
Why is Frank able to forge so many checks? Describe his methods. Then reflect on how banks might be able to protect themselves against other con artists using Frank Abegnale's methodology. Explain what strategies you think banks and other financial institutions are able to use to protect themselves.
Choose two of Frank's cons and write a comparison/contrast essay about them. Explain what makes each con work, and what role Frank plays in each.
Compare and contrast the various prisons and jail cells in which Frank does time. Be sure to include Perpignan Prison, Malmo Prison, and the Fulton County Jail. How are these prisons similar? How are they different?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)