|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
2. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
3. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
4. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
5. How does Frank's supervisor at the Attorney General's office treat him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
2. Frank manages to avoid being caught for several years. Imagine, though, that he is caught. How do you think he is caught earlier? How much of his good fortune is luck and how much is skill?
3. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
4. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
5. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
6. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
7. How does Frank feel about not being entrusted with any actual legal work?
8. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
9. What is Frank's pattern of preparing himself for a new role?
10. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the following people who help Frank at various times during his criminal career: Kitty Corbett, Bailout Bailey, Jan Lundstrom. Which of these people does Frank admire the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the chapter titles for the book. How do the chapter titles develop the tone of Catch Me If You Can? How do the chapter titles reflect Frank's own personality?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)