|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
2. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He is still angry about the divorce.
(b) He fears that they turn him in.
(c) He is too ashamed to face them.
(d) He does not want to have to lie to them.
3. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
(b) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
(c) He quickly leaves town.
(d) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
4. How does Frank dupe Cheryl?
(a) He pays her with a phony check, and she gives him $400.00 in change.
(b) He convinces her that he pays her in a few days when he gets paid.
(c) He pays her with a credit card that is over its limit.
(d) He pays her with a worthless check, so she doesn't get paid at all.
5. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
(a) He plans to loaf for the rest of his life.
(b) He is considering returning to school.
(c) He is thinking of moving in with his grandparents.
(d) He hopes to get a legitimate job working for an airline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
2. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
3. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
4. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
5. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
2. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
3. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
4. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
5. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
6. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
7. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
8. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
9. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
10. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)