|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He is too ashamed to face them.
(b) He does not want to have to lie to them.
(c) He is still angry about the divorce.
(d) He fears that they turn him in.
2. How do the French police locate Frank?
(a) The FBI tell them where to find Frank.
(b) Frank's grandparents turn him in for his own good.
(c) They follow a paper trail of forged checks.
(d) They receive a tip from an Air France flight attendant.
3. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) An Air France flight attendant.
(b) A local printer.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) An Air France pilot.
4. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He writes his life story.
(b) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
(c) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(d) He takes classes in art.
5. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
(a) He convinces her that the money is pending on his Philadelphia account.
(b) He convinces her that he is a lawyer.
(c) He uses a Pan Am expense check.
(d) He charms her into cashing the check for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
2. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
3. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
4. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
5. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
2. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
3. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
4. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
5. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
6. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
7. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
8. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
9. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
10. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)