|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(b) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
(c) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
(d) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
2. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) His friend, the fisherman.
(b) His lover, Rosalie.
(c) A female bank manager.
(d) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
3. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
(a) Carrying the interns' passports for them as a group.
(b) Making sure the interns wear their uniforms at all times.
(c) Cashing the interns' paychecks for them as a group.
(d) Never traveling on Pan Am itself, only on other carriers.
4. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
(a) He does not realize the FBI is tracking his phony checks.
(b) He forgets he writes his own name and address on the back.
(c) He passes a phony check to the same bank teller twice.
(d) The check is not a good forgery and it is detected.
5. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
(a) He is not given enough to eat.
(b) He is not given room to move freely.
(c) He is not allowed to bathe.
(d) He is provided with medical care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
2. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
3. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
4. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
5. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
2. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
3. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
4. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
5. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
6. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
7. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
8. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
9. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
10. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)