|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
(a) An ordinary toilet.
(b) A bucket that is rarely emptied.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A hole in the ground.
2. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
(a) He is considering returning to school.
(b) He hopes to get a legitimate job working for an airline.
(c) He plans to loaf for the rest of his life.
(d) He is thinking of moving in with his grandparents.
3. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
(b) Pan Am.
(c) Papa Lavalier.
(d) The University of Arizona.
4. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
(a) At the airport in Montreal, Canada.
(b) At his girlfriend's home in the Bronx.
(c) At a gas station in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) At a cafe in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
5. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
(a) He tells them they are on a special assignment and should only ask questions of him personally.
(b) He tells them that they are sent home if they tell anyone what they are doing.
(c) He tells them that asking questions invalidates their internships.
(d) He tells them that they are part of an illegal scheme and are arrested if they tell anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
2. Why does Frank write his own name and address on the back of the blank expense check?
3. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
4. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
5. How do the French police locate Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
2. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
3. What is Frank's code of honor?
4. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
5. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
6. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
7. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
8. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
9. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
10. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)