|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank get the prison officials at the Federal Detention Center in Atlanta to treat him well?
(a) He poses as a newspaper reporter.
(b) He poses as a prison inspector.
(c) He poses as a lawyer.
(d) He poses as a doctor.
2. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
(a) He unsnaps the toilet and drops through the hole onto the tarmac.
(b) He gets on the wrong plane when he is leaving Sweden.
(c) He talks the FBI agents into letting him go to the bathroom and then runs away.
(d) He remains on the plane, hiding, after the other passengers deplane.
3. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
(a) He uses checks in which the bank indicatese routing number is not the bank listed on the check. by th
(b) He cashes checks late in the day so they are not processed right away.
(c) He cashes checks under a different name than the one he is traveling under.
(d) He uses checks issued by a bank in another city.
4. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
(a) Because Frank is not behaving well in prison.
(b) Because Frank is being treated exactly like the French prisoners.
(c) Because Frank commits the crimes for which he is tried.
(d) Because Frank also commits crimes in the United States.
5. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
(a) He sneaks into the registrar's office and sets up a file.
(b) He decides to return to school at the university when the summer is over.
(c) He makes a copy of a degree and then forges his own diplomas.
(d) He slips a student file for himself in the pile with the prospective intern files.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
2. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
3. Does Frank make money on the intern scheme?
4. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
5. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank's code of honor?
2. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
3. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
4. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
5. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
6. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
7. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
8. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
9. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
10. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)