|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) An Air France flight attendant.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) An Air France pilot.
(d) A local printer.
2. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
(a) Continue to help Papa Lavalier in his business.
(b) Never see her again.
(c) Not take the break up personally.
(d) Help her to get a job with Pan Am.
3. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) As he is getting into his car.
(c) At his grandparents' house.
(d) In Armand's vineyards.
4. While he is watching the bank, Frank is approached by ____________________ who know his real identity.
(a) Two FBI agents.
(b) Two former girlfriends.
(c) Two Massachusetts state troopers.
(d) Two pilots working for Pan Am.
5. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
(b) He photocopies it for her.
(c) He tells her that he gives it back later.
(d) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
2. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
3. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
4. How do the French police locate Frank?
5. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
2. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
3. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
4. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
5. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
6. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
7. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
8. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
9. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
10. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)