|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
(a) An English printer.
(b) Pam Am prints them for Frank.
(c) His girlfriend's father.
(d) He prints them himself.
2. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
(a) He remains on the plane, hiding, after the other passengers deplane.
(b) He gets on the wrong plane when he is leaving Sweden.
(c) He unsnaps the toilet and drops through the hole onto the tarmac.
(d) He talks the FBI agents into letting him go to the bathroom and then runs away.
3. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
(a) He is not given enough to eat.
(b) He is not given room to move freely.
(c) He is not allowed to bathe.
(d) He is provided with medical care.
4. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
(a) He slips a student file for himself in the pile with the prospective intern files.
(b) He decides to return to school at the university when the summer is over.
(c) He makes a copy of a degree and then forges his own diplomas.
(d) He sneaks into the registrar's office and sets up a file.
5. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
(a) He says that company regulations require him to keep them on him at all times.
(b) He argues that he cannot do any harm with them in a jail cell.
(c) He threatens to call his lawyer and sues the police station.
(d) He cites his constitutional rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
2. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
3. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
4. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
5. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
2. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
3. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
4. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
5. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
6. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
7. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
8. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
9. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
10. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)