|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
(a) Travel around the country while forging checks.
(b) Manipulate the routing numbers on the bottom of checks.
(c) Steal such a large amount of money in such a short time.
(d) Print his own checks with a printing press.
2. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
(a) Banks check the account numbers against a list of account numbers that they have.
(b) When banks call to verify the amounts, Pan Am's bank confirms that there is enough money to pay the check.
(c) The bank account number makes the checks look more real.
(d) Bank tellers get suspicious if they see a number that is not the real account number.
3. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The after-hours depository for a bank.
(b) The computer at the gate.
(c) The security officers inside the airport.
(d) The all-night check-in counter.
4. How does Frank describe Rosalie?
(a) Dishonest and unfaithful.
(b) Easy to manipulate.
(c) Desperate for attention.
(d) Loyal and honest.
5. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
(a) Because Frank is not behaving well in prison.
(b) Because Frank is being treated exactly like the French prisoners.
(c) Because Frank also commits crimes in the United States.
(d) Because Frank commits the crimes for which he is tried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
2. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
3. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
4. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
5. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
2. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
3. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
4. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
5. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
6. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
7. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
8. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
9. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
10. What is Frank's code of honor?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)