|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
(a) Steal such a large amount of money in such a short time.
(b) Travel around the country while forging checks.
(c) Print his own checks with a printing press.
(d) Manipulate the routing numbers on the bottom of checks.
2. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
(a) He does not realize the FBI is tracking his phony checks.
(b) The check is not a good forgery and it is detected.
(c) He forgets he writes his own name and address on the back.
(d) He passes a phony check to the same bank teller twice.
3. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(b) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
(c) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(d) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
4. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The all-night check-in counter.
(b) The after-hours depository for a bank.
(c) The security officers inside the airport.
(d) The computer at the gate.
5. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
(a) 10,000 more payroll checks for Pan Am.
(b) Three hundred copies of a cashier's check for $1,200.00.
(c) 1,500 personal checks for Frank.
(d) A second set of phony identification cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
2. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
3. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
4. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
5. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
2. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County jail?
3. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
4. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
5. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
6. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
7. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
8. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
9. What is Frank's code of honor?
10. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)