|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
(b) New York City.
2. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(b) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(c) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(d) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
3. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
(a) He does not enjoy physical labor.
(b) He fears the job exposes him to the authorities.
(c) He does not need the money.
(d) He thinks the work is boring.
4. Why doesn't Frank return to visit his parents while he is in New York City living as a fugitive from the police and the FBI?
(a) He fears their homes are under surveillance.
(b) He does not want to see them.
(c) He thinks that they may turn him in to the authorities.
(d) He is embarrassed to have them know he is a fugitive.
5. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A construction company executive.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A university professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
2. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
3. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
4. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
5. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
2. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
3. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
4. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
5. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
6. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
7. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
8. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
9. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
10. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)