|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He quickly leaves town.
(b) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
(c) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
(d) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
2. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
(b) He photocopies it for her.
(c) He tells her that he gives it back later.
(d) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
3. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
(a) More than a million dollars.
(b) More than $10,000.
(c) More than $40,000.
(d) More than $2,000.
4. Does Frank make money on the intern scheme?
(a) Yes, he makes more than $300,000.00.
(b) No, but he does not care since he had fun.
(c) Yes, but he spends it all on the interns.
(d) No, but he enjoys the summer of travel.
5. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
(a) Three hundred copies of a cashier's check for $1,200.00.
(b) 1,500 personal checks for Frank.
(c) A second set of phony identification cards.
(d) 10,000 more payroll checks for Pan Am.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
2. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
3. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
4. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
5. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
2. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
3. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
4. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
5. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
6. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
7. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
8. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
9. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
10. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)