|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
(a) The British police.
(b) The Swiss police.
(c) The Swedish police.
(d) The Italian police.
2. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
(a) At a cafe in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
(b) At his girlfriend's home in the Bronx.
(c) At a gas station in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) At the airport in Montreal, Canada.
3. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
(b) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(c) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(d) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
4. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
(a) To settle down for good.
(b) To meditate on his life.
(c) To try posing as a banker.
(d) To hide from the police.
5. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
(a) His code of honor requires it.
(b) He hopes the bail bondman does not talk to O'Riley if he is paid.
(c) He thinks he may need to be bailed out again some other day.
(d) He likes the bail bondsman personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
2. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
3. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
4. Where does Frank go in an attempt to escape the manhunt for him?
5. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
2. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
3. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
4. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
5. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
6. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
7. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
8. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
9. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
10. What is Frank's code of honor?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)