|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) A local printer.
(b) An Air France pilot.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) An Air France flight attendant.
2. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
(a) He cites his constitutional rights.
(b) He threatens to call his lawyer and sues the police station.
(c) He says that company regulations require him to keep them on him at all times.
(d) He argues that he cannot do any harm with them in a jail cell.
3. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
(a) He claims that he is a commercial artist.
(b) He claims that he plans to open a newspaper.
(c) He claims that he is opening his own print shop.
(d) He claims that he is working for a publisher.
4. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) In Armand's vineyards.
(b) As he is getting into his car.
(c) In a grocery store.
(d) At his grandparents' house.
5. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He is still angry about the divorce.
(b) He fears that they turn him in.
(c) He is too ashamed to face them.
(d) He does not want to have to lie to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
2. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
3. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
4. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
5. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
2. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
3. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
4. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
5. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
6. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
7. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
8. What is Frank's code of honor?
9. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
10. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)