|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) At his grandparents' house.
(c) As he is getting into his car.
(d) In Armand's vineyards.
2. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
(a) A Pan Am pilot sees Frank in Europe and becomes suspicious.
(b) Frank brazenly tells Pan Am what he is doing.
(c) Pan Am begins to realize that its checks are being forged.
(d) Frank has proofs from the photo sessions sent to Pan Am's offices.
3. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
(b) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
(c) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
(d) He quickly leaves town.
4. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) A local printer.
(b) An Air France pilot.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) An Air France flight attendant.
5. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
(a) The Swedish police.
(b) The British police.
(c) The Swiss police.
(d) The Italian police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
2. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
3. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
4. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
5. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
2. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
3. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
4. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
5. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
6. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
7. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
8. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
9. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
10. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)