|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
(a) One or two grow suspicious.
(b) None of them ever suspect.
(c) By the end of the summer they are all wondering.
(d) At the end of the summer one tries to turn Frank in.
2. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
(b) He quickly leaves town.
(c) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
(d) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
3. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) His checks are very good forgeries.
(b) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(c) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
(d) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
4. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
(b) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(c) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
(d) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
5. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The all-night check-in counter.
(b) The security officers inside the airport.
(c) The after-hours depository for a bank.
(d) The computer at the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
2. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
3. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
4. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
5. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)