|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(b) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(c) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(d) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
2. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(b) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(c) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
(d) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
3. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His father.
(b) His friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
4. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to learn new information quickly.
(b) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(c) The ability to fake paperwork.
(d) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
5. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
2. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
3. How does Frank earn the respect of the hospital's interns?
4. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
5. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
2. What is Frank's pattern of preparing himself for a new role?
3. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
4. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
5. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
6. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
7. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
8. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
9. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
10. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)