|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are disbelieving.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are distraught.
(d) They are understanding.
2. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(b) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
3. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
(a) He hangs around the hospital to prepare for his new role.
(b) He poses as a student writer and interviews hospital staff members.
(c) A doctor friend takes him there and introduces him to the staff.
(d) He does research on the staff by looking up doctors in the hospital directory.
4. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
(b) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
(c) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
(d) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
5. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(b) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
(c) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
(d) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
2. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
3. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
4. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
5. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
2. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
3. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
4. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
5. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
6. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
7. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
8. Describe Frank's appearance.
9. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
10. What is Frank's pattern of preparing himself for a new role?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)