|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
(a) He decides to forge some new identification.
(b) He decides to go to more places where he is not known.
(c) He decides to open a new account in a different bank.
(d) He decides to pose as an airline pilot.
2. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(b) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
3. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
(a) He is certain that as a juvenile, he cannot be charged.
(b) He feels sure that his crimes are small compared to others they must solve.
(c) He is certain he leaves no trail for police to follow.
(d) He thinks that he is several steps ahead of the police.
4. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(b) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(c) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(d) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
5. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(b) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(c) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
(d) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
2. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
3. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
4. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
5. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
3. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
4. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
5. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
6. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
7. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
8. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
9. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
10. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)