|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
(a) He becomes a university professor for the summer.
(b) He goes to work for TWA.
(c) He goes back to work in a children's hospital.
(d) He finds another job as an attorney.
2. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
(a) Because he has an FBI inspector concentrating on his case alone now.
(b) Because a paper trail leads straight to his apartment at River Bend.
(c) Because patients at the hospital where he works are complaining.
(d) Because he is easily identified by any of the people he works with.
3. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(b) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
(c) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
4. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
(a) He gives the officers names of pilots and stewardesses who can vouch for him.
(b) He shows the officers his phony I.D. and pilot's license.
(c) He has the officers call Pan Am's business office and ask about him.
(d) He convinces the officers by talking and using terminology only a pilot would know.
5. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) They are stolen.
(b) This is his first pair.
(c) His two-year-old took them.
(d) He loses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank's plan work?
2. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
3. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
4. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
5. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
2. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
3. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
4. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
5. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
6. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
7. Why do you think Frank is tempted to return to a life of crime?
8. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
9. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
10. How does Frank feel about not being entrusted with any actual legal work?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)