|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
(a) Long enough to wait until his next deadhead flight.
(b) Long enough to throw the police off his trail.
(c) Long enough to have a new box of checks delivered to him.
(d) Long enough to finish a relationship with his current girlfriend.
2. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
3. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(b) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(c) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(d) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
4. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(b) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(c) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(d) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
5. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
(a) Because he has an FBI inspector concentrating on his case alone now.
(b) Because patients at the hospital where he works are complaining.
(c) Because a paper trail leads straight to his apartment at River Bend.
(d) Because he is easily identified by any of the people he works with.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
2. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
3. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
4. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
5. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
2. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
3. Describe Frank's appearance.
4. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
5. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
6. What is Frank's pattern of preparing himself for a new role?
7. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
8. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
9. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
10. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)