|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
(a) He gets bored with the practice of medicine.
(b) A nurse becomes suspicious of him.
(c) He doesn't know what to do for a blue baby.
(d) He becomes faint at the sight of blood.
2. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
(b) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(c) He wants to be a doctor.
(d) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
3. Why does Frank pretend to be a representative of Carib Air?
(a) To get a pilot's license made.
(b) To get a pilot's uniform.
(c) To deadhead on a flight.
(d) To get a sample I.D. card made.
4. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(b) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
(c) It is easy to con a businessman.
(d) Alcohol and business do not mix.
5. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He is determined to turn things around.
(b) He is philosophical about it.
(c) He does not care one way or the other.
(d) He is broken by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
2. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
3. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
4. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
5. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
2. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
3. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
4. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
5. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
6. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
7. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
8. Why do you think that Frank is concerned when the pilot of the flight he is on does not let him listen to conversations with the tower on a courtesy headset?
9. Describe Frank's appearance.
10. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)