|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
(a) He has the officers call Pan Am's business office and ask about him.
(b) He convinces the officers by talking and using terminology only a pilot would know.
(c) He gives the officers names of pilots and stewardesses who can vouch for him.
(d) He shows the officers his phony I.D. and pilot's license.
2. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
(b) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(c) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(d) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
3. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(b) Cell phones.
(c) Computer networking.
(d) Video surveillance cameras.
4. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
(a) He feels sure that his crimes are small compared to others they must solve.
(b) He is certain that as a juvenile, he cannot be charged.
(c) He is certain he leaves no trail for police to follow.
(d) He thinks that he is several steps ahead of the police.
5. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(b) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
(c) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
(d) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
2. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
3. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
4. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
5. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
2. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
3. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
4. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
5. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
6. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
7. Frank manages to avoid being caught for several years. Imagine, though, that he is caught. How do you think he is caught earlier? How much of his good fortune is luck and how much is skill?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
9. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
10. How does Frank feel about not being entrusted with any actual legal work?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)