|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
(a) He explains that he wants to settle down and work in one location.
(b) He says that flying does not present him with enough of a challenge.
(c) He explains that he never really works for Pan Am.
(d) He says that he is furloughed because of personnel cutbacks.
2. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) His freedom is restricted.
(c) There are no girls.
(d) He misses his family.
3. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) This is his first pair.
(b) They are stolen.
(c) His two-year-old took them.
(d) He loses them.
4. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(b) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(c) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
(d) He asks a stewardess for a date.
5. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are distraught.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are disbelieving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank's supervisor at the Attorney General's office treat him?
2. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
3. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
4. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
5. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
2. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
3. Frank manages to avoid being caught for several years. Imagine, though, that he is caught. How do you think he is caught earlier? How much of his good fortune is luck and how much is skill?
4. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
5. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
6. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
7. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
8. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
9. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
10. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)