|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(b) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(c) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(d) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
2. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
(a) He says that flying does not present him with enough of a challenge.
(b) He says that he is furloughed because of personnel cutbacks.
(c) He explains that he wants to settle down and work in one location.
(d) He explains that he never really works for Pan Am.
3. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
(b) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
(c) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
(d) Forging a check.
4. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(b) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(c) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(d) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
5. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
2. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
3. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
4. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
5. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
2. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
3. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
4. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
5. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
6. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
7. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
8. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
9. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
10. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)