|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He wants to be a doctor.
(b) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
(c) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(d) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
2. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
(a) He has the hotels bill Pan Am for his rooms.
(b) He uses a real check from an overdrawn account.
(c) He uses a Pan Am check that he forges.
(d) He uses a phony check.
3. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) He loses them.
(b) This is his first pair.
(c) His two-year-old took them.
(d) They are stolen.
4. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
(b) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(c) So that the salesman believes him.
(d) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
5. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
(a) His parents' divorce.
(b) Getting his first credit card.
(c) His first arrest.
(d) Moving in with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
2. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
3. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
4. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
5. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
2. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
3. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
4. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
5. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
6. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
7. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
8. How does Frank feel about not being entrusted with any actual legal work?
9. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
10. Describe Frank's appearance.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)