|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(b) He goes home to New York City.
(c) He deadheads to Atlanta.
(d) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
2. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
(a) He stays with a girlfriend for a few days.
(b) He asks around to find out if anyone is looking for him.
(c) He gets a legitimate job for a while.
(d) He deadheads to another city.
3. Why does Frank feel safe from the law while he is working as an attorney?
(a) Because he no longer lives in New Orleans or Atlanta.
(b) Because he does not think the FBI thinks to look for him in the Attorney General's office.
(c) Because he thinks that the FBI forgets all about him by now.
(d) Because he does not pass any phony checks in almost two years.
4. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
(a) In the copilot's seat.
(b) In a jumpseat in the cockpit.
(c) In an extra seat in first class.
(d) In an extra seat in coach.
5. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
(a) Because now he can travel without having to deadhead his way across the country.
(b) Because now he can go out on dates.
(c) Because now he has a quick way to leave any location if he needs to.
(d) Because the FBI are tracking him through rental cars that he abandons at airports.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
2. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
3. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
4. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
5. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
2. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
3. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
4. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
5. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
6. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
7. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
8. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
9. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
10. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)