|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to see the world.
(b) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
(c) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(d) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
2. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
(a) He gives the officers names of pilots and stewardesses who can vouch for him.
(b) He shows the officers his phony I.D. and pilot's license.
(c) He convinces the officers by talking and using terminology only a pilot would know.
(d) He has the officers call Pan Am's business office and ask about him.
3. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to travel.
(b) He wants to go on dates with girls.
(c) He wants to save for college.
(d) He wants to buy a car.
4. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He is broken by it.
(b) He is philosophical about it.
(c) He does not care one way or the other.
(d) He is determined to turn things around.
5. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
(b) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
2. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
3. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
4. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
5. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
2. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
3. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
4. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
5. Why do you think that Frank is concerned when the pilot of the flight he is on does not let him listen to conversations with the tower on a courtesy headset?
6. Frank manages to avoid being caught for several years. Imagine, though, that he is caught. How do you think he is caught earlier? How much of his good fortune is luck and how much is skill?
7. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
9. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
10. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)