|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
2. Why do the hospital doctors and staff think that Frank is very committed to his education?
(a) He seems to know a lot about pediatric medicine.
(b) He tells them that he is working on a research paper.
(c) He spends a lot of time in the hospital library.
(d) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
3. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to save for college.
(b) He wants to buy a car.
(c) He wants to travel.
(d) He wants to go on dates with girls.
4. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
(b) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
(c) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(d) That he is transferred to another state.
5. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
(a) He returns home to New York.
(b) He goes West.
(c) He stays in the South.
(d) He goes to the Pacific Northwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
2. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
3. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
4. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
5. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
2. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
3. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
4. Describe Frank's appearance.
5. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
6. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
7. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
8. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
9. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
10. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)