|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
(a) Waiting while an airline employee calls the FAA tower.
(b) Having to present his pilot's license and I.D. card.
(c) Trying to find the jumpseat in the cockpit.
(d) Answering questions from the pilot and copilot during the flight.
2. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(b) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(c) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(d) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
3. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
(a) They think he lets them get away with anything.
(b) They think he has confidence in them as doctors.
(c) They hope to learn from his medical expertise.
(d) They like him because he jokes a lot.
4. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
(b) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(c) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
(d) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
5. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
(b) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(c) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(d) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
2. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
3. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
4. Why does Frank feel safe from the law while he is working as an attorney?
5. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Frank's con works today? Why or why not?
2. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
3. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
4. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
5. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
6. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
7. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
8. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
9. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
10. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)