|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
(a) He is certain that as a juvenile, he cannot be charged.
(b) He thinks that he is several steps ahead of the police.
(c) He is certain he leaves no trail for police to follow.
(d) He feels sure that his crimes are small compared to others they must solve.
2. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(b) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(c) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(d) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
3. Why do the hospital doctors and staff think that Frank is very committed to his education?
(a) He seems to know a lot about pediatric medicine.
(b) He spends a lot of time in the hospital library.
(c) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
(d) He tells them that he is working on a research paper.
4. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(b) It is easy to con a businessman.
(c) Alcohol and business do not mix.
(d) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
5. How does Frank add to his university lectures?
(a) He asks his students to tell stories from their experience.
(b) He goes to the library to find more information.
(c) He makes up stories to illustrate points in the text.
(d) He tells stories based on his own experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "deadheading"?
2. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
3. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
4. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
5. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
2. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
3. How does Frank feel about not being entrusted with any actual legal work?
4. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
5. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
6. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
7. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
8. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
9. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
10. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)