|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He deadheads to Atlanta.
(b) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(c) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(d) He goes home to New York City.
2. How does Frank avoid blowing his cover while he is working at the hospital?
(a) He spends a lot of time doing research.
(b) He talks to the nurses to find out what he needs to know.
(c) He presents himself as distant and all-knowing.
(d) He presents himself as a jokester.
3. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
(a) He takes a job in a stationery store for $1.50 an hour.
(b) He works part-time in a warehouse.
(c) He supports himself writing bad checks.
(d) He lives off money sent to him by his parents.
4. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is transferred to another state.
(b) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
(c) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(d) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
5. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(b) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(c) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(d) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
2. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
3. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
4. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
5. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
2. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
3. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
4. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
5. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
6. Describe Frank's appearance.
7. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
8. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
9. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
10. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)