Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
(a) He forges one himself.
(b) He copies a license belonging to another doctor.
(c) He says that he has a license but is never asked to show it.
(d) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
2. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(b) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
(c) That he is transferred to another state.
(d) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
3. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(b) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(c) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(d) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
4. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(b) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(c) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(d) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
5. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(b) He deadheads to Atlanta.
(c) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(d) He goes home to New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank's plan work?
2. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
3. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
4. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
5. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
2. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
3. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
4. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
5. Why do you think Frank is tempted to return to a life of crime?
6. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
7. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
8. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
9. Does Frank feel that he is in any danger of being caught when he begins working as a lawyer?
10. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)