|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
(a) He decides to open a new account in a different bank.
(b) He decides to pose as an airline pilot.
(c) He decides to forge some new identification.
(d) He decides to go to more places where he is not known.
2. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(b) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
(c) He asks a nurse.
(d) He asks an intern.
3. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
(a) He has the officers call Pan Am's business office and ask about him.
(b) He convinces the officers by talking and using terminology only a pilot would know.
(c) He gives the officers names of pilots and stewardesses who can vouch for him.
(d) He shows the officers his phony I.D. and pilot's license.
4. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
(a) He goes West.
(b) He returns home to New York.
(c) He goes to the Pacific Northwest.
(d) He stays in the South.
5. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
(a) He uses an electronic organizer.
(b) He takes notes in a notebook.
(c) He does not bother to keep track of it all.
(d) He keeps it all in his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
2. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
3. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
4. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
5. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
2. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
3. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
4. What are the drawbacks, for Frank, of working as a doctor?
5. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
6. Do you think that Frank wants to pose as a pilot only because he wants to cash bad checks? Or is there some other reason? Please explain.
7. Describe Frank's method for finding out the things he needs to know.
8. What skills do you think Frank needs to have in order to pass himself off as a pilot?
9. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
10. Why do you think that Frank is concerned when the pilot of the flight he is on does not let him listen to conversations with the tower on a courtesy headset?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)