|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(b) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(c) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(d) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
2. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
3. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
(b) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(c) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(d) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
4. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(b) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
5. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He does not care one way or the other.
(b) He is broken by it.
(c) He is philosophical about it.
(d) He is determined to turn things around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
2. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
3. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
4. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
5. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
2. What is Frank's code of honor?
3. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
4. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County jail?
5. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
6. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
7. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
8. Why does Frank have a hard time finding work when he is released from prison?
9. Describe Frank's appearance.
10. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)