|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to buy a car.
(b) He wants to travel.
(c) He wants to save for college.
(d) He wants to go on dates with girls.
2. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(b) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
3. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
(b) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(c) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(d) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
4. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
5. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
(a) He thinks that he learns the job as he goes along by watching the interns.
(b) The hospital tells him he does not actually have to practice medicine.
(c) He needs the money while he is living in Atlanta.
(d) He thinks he knows enough about medicine to fake it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank feel safe from the law while he is working as an attorney?
2. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
3. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
4. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
5. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Frank thinks it is important never to wear his uniform around his apartment building?
2. How does Frank feel about not being entrusted with any actual legal work?
3. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
4. Describe Frank's appearance.
5. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
6. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
7. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
8. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
9. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
10. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)