|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) His arrest for stealing a car.
(b) Truancy from school.
(c) Forging a check.
(d) His credit card scheme.
2. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
(b) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
(c) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
(d) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
3. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
(a) He is certain that as a juvenile, he cannot be charged.
(b) He feels sure that his crimes are small compared to others they must solve.
(c) He thinks that he is several steps ahead of the police.
(d) He is certain he leaves no trail for police to follow.
4. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
(a) He decides that his salary at the hospital is not enough to live on.
(b) He is afraid that he is responsible for a child's death.
(c) His cover is blown and he is discovered.
(d) The hospital administrator finally locates a permanent replacement.
5. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
(b) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(c) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
(d) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
2. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
3. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
4. Why does Frank decide to leave Atlanta?
5. How does Frank's supervisor at the Attorney General's office treat him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the overall tone of Chapter One, "The Fledgling"?
2. How does Frank test his con before actually deadheading on a flight?
3. How do changes in technology make Frank's con harder to pull off today?
4. How does Frank's credit card scheme work?
5. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
6. First Frank poses as a pilot, then as a pediatrician. Do you see a pattern in his choices of role? Why do you think Frank chooses the roles that he does?
7. Why do you think that presenting himself as a jokester helps Frank to be accepted and look as though he knows what he is doing in the hospital?
8. Is Frank well-respected by his new boss in the state's attorney's office?
9. How does Frank rely on Pan Am to help him?
10. How does Frank manage to escape the New Orleans police?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)