|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank enjoy attending a Methodist church?
(a) He has the chance to work with kids as a volunteer.
(b) He hopes to meet women at church.
(c) He is genuinely interested in becoming a Methodist.
(d) He knows that many of his clients are Methodists.
2. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(b) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(c) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(d) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
3. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
(b) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(c) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(d) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
4. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
(a) The hospital tells him he does not actually have to practice medicine.
(b) He needs the money while he is living in Atlanta.
(c) He thinks that he learns the job as he goes along by watching the interns.
(d) He thinks he knows enough about medicine to fake it.
5. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
(a) His cover is blown and he is discovered.
(b) The hospital administrator finally locates a permanent replacement.
(c) He is afraid that he is responsible for a child's death.
(d) He decides that his salary at the hospital is not enough to live on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
2. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
3. Why does Frank pretend to be a representative of Carib Air?
4. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
5. Why does Frank's plan work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Frank gives different names to different stewardesses?
2. How does Frank's father feel about Frank?
3. What legitimate use can Frank make of his imagination and ability to do research?
4. Does Frank manage to fool everyone in his new position as a lawyer?
5. What changes happen at home while Frank is away at the reformatory?
6. Why does Frank need money in order to pursue his interest in girls?
7. Looking back on his pilot con as he writes the book, do you think that Frank regrets his actions? Why or why not?
8. Why do you think that Frank is concerned when the pilot of the flight he is on does not let him listen to conversations with the tower on a courtesy headset?
9. How does his job as a doctor fit into Frank's plans for living in Atlanta?
10. Why does Frank feel safe perpetuating his scams? Why do you think he is not more worried about being caught?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)