|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She figures out that he is a con man.
(b) She does not like Frank very well.
(c) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(d) She wants to get married and settle down.
2. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
(a) He is provided with medical care.
(b) He is not given enough to eat.
(c) He is not given room to move freely.
(d) He is not allowed to bathe.
3. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) His lover, Rosalie.
(b) A female bank manager.
(c) His friend, the fisherman.
(d) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
4. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
(a) A state trooper.
(b) A desk sergeant.
(c) A bail bondsman.
(d) A Pan Am pilot.
5. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(b) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
(c) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(d) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
6. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
(a) He goes straight after he serves his prison time.
(b) He returns to France.
(c) He continues his art education.
(d) He returns to Sweden.
7. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
(b) His checks are very good forgeries.
(c) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(d) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
8. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
(b) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
(c) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
(d) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
9. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In a locker at the bus station.
(b) In a suitcase in the airport.
(c) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
(d) In Boston's harbor.
10. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
(a) He thinks the FBI cannot find him in Montpellier.
(b) He hopes to start a bank swindling scheme there.
(c) He knows that French police are not likely to track him down.
(d) He thinks it is a nice place to settle down.
11. Where does Frank go in an attempt to escape the manhunt for him?
(a) New York City.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Washington D.C..
12. Why doesn't Frank answer Jan's questions at first?
(a) He thinks that he is extradited to Italy soon.
(b) He does not expect to be treated humanely after his trial.
(c) He fears that he is in a Swedish prison for 20 years.
(d) He believes that he is turned back over to the FBI.
13. Why doesn't Frank return to visit his parents while he is in New York City living as a fugitive from the police and the FBI?
(a) He thinks that they may turn him in to the authorities.
(b) He is embarrassed to have them know he is a fugitive.
(c) He does not want to see them.
(d) He fears their homes are under surveillance.
14. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
(b) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
(c) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
(d) He never steals money from the interns.
15. How do the French police locate Frank?
(a) They follow a paper trail of forged checks.
(b) The FBI tell them where to find Frank.
(c) They receive a tip from an Air France flight attendant.
(d) Frank's grandparents turn him in for his own good.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
2. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
3. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
4. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
5. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)