|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
(a) A Miami prostitute.
(b) A college student intern.
(c) A bail bondsman.
(d) A Pan Am stewardess.
2. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
(a) He cashes checks late in the day so they are not processed right away.
(b) He cashes checks under a different name than the one he is traveling under.
(c) He uses checks in which the bank indicatese routing number is not the bank listed on the check. by th
(d) He uses checks issued by a bank in another city.
3. How does Frank get the money from the night depository out of the airport?
(a) Two state troopers help him to carry it to his car.
(b) He stashes it in an airport locker.
(c) He carries it out on the next flight.
(d) He carries it in bags one at a time.
4. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
(a) More than $2,000.
(b) More than a million dollars.
(c) More than $40,000.
(d) More than $10,000.
5. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
(b) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
(c) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(d) His checks are very good forgeries.
6. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
(a) Because Frank commits the crimes for which he is tried.
(b) Because Frank is being treated exactly like the French prisoners.
(c) Because Frank is not behaving well in prison.
(d) Because Frank also commits crimes in the United States.
7. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(b) He writes his life story.
(c) He takes classes in art.
(d) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
8. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
(a) An English printer.
(b) Pam Am prints them for Frank.
(c) His girlfriend's father.
(d) He prints them himself.
9. Does Frank make money on the intern scheme?
(a) Yes, he makes more than $300,000.00.
(b) Yes, but he spends it all on the interns.
(c) No, but he does not care since he had fun.
(d) No, but he enjoys the summer of travel.
10. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
11. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
(a) He phones people pretending to be from their banks.
(b) He types his account number on a pile of deposit slips.
(c) He makes up account numbers and some turn out to be accurate.
(d) He finds out how to get account numbers from customers.
12. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
(a) At his girlfriend's home in the Bronx.
(b) At the airport in Montreal, Canada.
(c) At a gas station in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) At a cafe in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
13. How does Frank eventually pay his bail bondsman?
(a) With a credit card.
(b) With a legitimate cashier's check.
(c) With a phony Pan Am check.
(d) With cash.
14. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) His friend, the fisherman.
(b) His lover, Rosalie.
(c) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
(d) A female bank manager.
15. Where does Frank go in an attempt to escape the manhunt for him?
(a) New York City.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Washington D.C..
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
2. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
3. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
4. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
5. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)