|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
(a) He is thinking of moving in with his grandparents.
(b) He hopes to get a legitimate job working for an airline.
(c) He plans to loaf for the rest of his life.
(d) He is considering returning to school.
2. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
(a) To try posing as a banker.
(b) To settle down for good.
(c) To meditate on his life.
(d) To hide from the police.
3. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than a million dollars.
(b) More than $10,000.00.
(c) More than $20,000.00.
(d) More than $62,000.00.
4. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
(a) 10,000 more payroll checks for Pan Am.
(b) A second set of phony identification cards.
(c) 1,500 personal checks for Frank.
(d) Three hundred copies of a cashier's check for $1,200.00.
5. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
(a) He manages to steal a set of keys from a guard.
(b) He poses as a lawyer for one of the other prisoners and convinces the guard to let him out.
(c) He gets a bail bondsman to bail him out.
(d) He phones the desk sergeant posing as a doctor and claims that Frank Abagnale is diabetic.
6. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
(b) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
(c) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(d) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
7. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In a locker at the bus station.
(b) In Boston's harbor.
(c) In a suitcase in the airport.
(d) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
8. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(b) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
(c) His checks are very good forgeries.
(d) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
9. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
(a) Cashing the interns' paychecks for them as a group.
(b) Making sure the interns wear their uniforms at all times.
(c) Never traveling on Pan Am itself, only on other carriers.
(d) Carrying the interns' passports for them as a group.
10. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) A local printer.
(b) An Air France flight attendant.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) An Air France pilot.
11. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
(a) Never see her again.
(b) Not take the break up personally.
(c) Help her to get a job with Pan Am.
(d) Continue to help Papa Lavalier in his business.
12. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He takes classes in art.
(b) He writes his life story.
(c) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
(d) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
13. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He photocopies it for her.
(b) He tells her that he gives it back later.
(c) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
(d) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
14. Why does Frank write his own name and address on the back of the blank expense check?
(a) He plans to give it to a fisherman to exchange pictures of Fords.
(b) He means to give it to his girlfriend so she is able to contact him later.
(c) He intends to give it to a friend who is going to mail him a package.
(d) He forgets that the piece of paper he is writing on is a check.
15. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
(a) A college student intern.
(b) A Miami prostitute.
(c) A bail bondsman.
(d) A Pan Am stewardess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank describe Rosalie?
2. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
3. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
4. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
5. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)