|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
(a) He does not bother with a uniform.
(b) He makes one himself.
(c) He just wears his Pan Am pilot's uniform instead.
(d) He gets one from a uniform supply company.
2. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A construction company executive.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A lawyer.
3. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
(a) He is allowed to leave for the day as part of a work release program.
(b) He pretends to be very sick and is removed to a hospital.
(c) He tells the prison officials that he has an urgent meeting and they let him walk out.
(d) His lawyer gets him out while awaiting trial.
4. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
(a) He finds out more about what Pan Am pilot's uniforms should look like.
(b) He gets a copy of her passport and starts printing his own passports.
(c) He cashes a check for her and keeps her paycheck to use as a template.
(d) He gets more information about the way Pan Am works.
5. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
(a) Frank brazenly tells Pan Am what he is doing.
(b) Pan Am begins to realize that its checks are being forged.
(c) A Pan Am pilot sees Frank in Europe and becomes suspicious.
(d) Frank has proofs from the photo sessions sent to Pan Am's offices.
6. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
(a) He returns to France.
(b) He returns to Sweden.
(c) He continues his art education.
(d) He goes straight after he serves his prison time.
7. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
(a) He plans to loaf for the rest of his life.
(b) He is considering returning to school.
(c) He is thinking of moving in with his grandparents.
(d) He hopes to get a legitimate job working for an airline.
8. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
(a) When banks call to verify the amounts, Pan Am's bank confirms that there is enough money to pay the check.
(b) The bank account number makes the checks look more real.
(c) Banks check the account numbers against a list of account numbers that they have.
(d) Bank tellers get suspicious if they see a number that is not the real account number.
9. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
(a) He embarks on an exercise program.
(b) He imagines that he is somewhere else.
(c) He goes temporarily insane.
(d) He talks to other prisoners.
10. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
(a) At a gas station in Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) At a cafe in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
(c) At his girlfriend's home in the Bronx.
(d) At the airport in Montreal, Canada.
11. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
(b) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
(c) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(d) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
12. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
(a) He tells them they are on a special assignment and should only ask questions of him personally.
(b) He tells them that they are part of an illegal scheme and are arrested if they tell anyone.
(c) He tells them that they are sent home if they tell anyone what they are doing.
(d) He tells them that asking questions invalidates their internships.
13. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
(a) He uses checks issued by a bank in another city.
(b) He uses checks in which the bank indicatese routing number is not the bank listed on the check. by th
(c) He cashes checks under a different name than the one he is traveling under.
(d) He cashes checks late in the day so they are not processed right away.
14. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
(a) He uses a Pan Am expense check.
(b) He convinces her that the money is pending on his Philadelphia account.
(c) He convinces her that he is a lawyer.
(d) He charms her into cashing the check for him.
15. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
(a) He is not given enough to eat.
(b) He is provided with medical care.
(c) He is not given room to move freely.
(d) He is not allowed to bathe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank answer Jan's questions at first?
2. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
3. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
4. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
5. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)