|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
(a) The Italian police.
(b) The Swiss police.
(c) The British police.
(d) The Swedish police.
2. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
(b) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(c) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(d) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
3. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
(a) Three hundred copies of a cashier's check for $1,200.00.
(b) 10,000 more payroll checks for Pan Am.
(c) A second set of phony identification cards.
(d) 1,500 personal checks for Frank.
4. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
(a) At the end of the summer one tries to turn Frank in.
(b) By the end of the summer they are all wondering.
(c) None of them ever suspect.
(d) One or two grow suspicious.
5. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
(a) A Pan Am pilot.
(b) A state trooper.
(c) A desk sergeant.
(d) A bail bondsman.
6. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
(a) The American embassy in Mexico City.
(b) Pan Am's Mexico City office.
(c) A Mexican politician.
(d) A writer with political influence in Mexico.
7. Why does Frank decide to swindle a bank back in the States?
(a) He overhears the banker treating an underling badly.
(b) He cannot stop conning people.
(c) He likes the challenge of trying to rook money out of banks.
(d) He still needs more money.
8. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
(a) Making sure the interns wear their uniforms at all times.
(b) Cashing the interns' paychecks for them as a group.
(c) Carrying the interns' passports for them as a group.
(d) Never traveling on Pan Am itself, only on other carriers.
9. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
(a) He makes up account numbers and some turn out to be accurate.
(b) He types his account number on a pile of deposit slips.
(c) He finds out how to get account numbers from customers.
(d) He phones people pretending to be from their banks.
10. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
(a) He gets more information about the way Pan Am works.
(b) He cashes a check for her and keeps her paycheck to use as a template.
(c) He finds out more about what Pan Am pilot's uniforms should look like.
(d) He gets a copy of her passport and starts printing his own passports.
11. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(b) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(c) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
(d) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
12. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
(b) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(c) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(d) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
13. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He never steals money from the interns.
(b) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
(c) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
(d) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
14. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
(a) He expects to have to hire others to help him with his schemes.
(b) He thinks printing so many makes him look like he really does work for Pan Am.
(c) He anticipates needing that many checks to pay for his European vacation.
(d) He is planning to expand his operations dramatically.
15. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
(a) Pan Am.
(c) The University of Arizona.
(d) Papa Lavalier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank expect happens when he is released from Perpignan?
2. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
3. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
4. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
5. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)