|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
(a) He gets a bail bondsman to bail him out.
(b) He poses as a lawyer for one of the other prisoners and convinces the guard to let him out.
(c) He phones the desk sergeant posing as a doctor and claims that Frank Abagnale is diabetic.
(d) He manages to steal a set of keys from a guard.
2. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A construction company executive.
(d) A pilot.
3. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
(b) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(c) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(d) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
4. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
(a) Making sure the interns wear their uniforms at all times.
(b) Never traveling on Pan Am itself, only on other carriers.
(c) Carrying the interns' passports for them as a group.
(d) Cashing the interns' paychecks for them as a group.
5. Why does Frank decide to swindle a bank back in the States?
(a) He still needs more money.
(b) He cannot stop conning people.
(c) He likes the challenge of trying to rook money out of banks.
(d) He overhears the banker treating an underling badly.
6. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He takes classes in art.
(b) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(c) He writes his life story.
(d) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
7. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than $62,000.00.
(b) More than $10,000.00.
(c) More than a million dollars.
(d) More than $20,000.00.
8. How does Frank get the money from the night depository out of the airport?
(a) He stashes it in an airport locker.
(b) He carries it in bags one at a time.
(c) He carries it out on the next flight.
(d) Two state troopers help him to carry it to his car.
9. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) His friend, the fisherman.
(b) A female bank manager.
(c) His lover, Rosalie.
(d) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
10. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
(a) More than $10,000.
(b) More than a million dollars.
(c) More than $40,000.
(d) More than $2,000.
11. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(b) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
(c) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
(d) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
12. Why doesn't Frank return to visit his parents while he is in New York City living as a fugitive from the police and the FBI?
(a) He is embarrassed to have them know he is a fugitive.
(b) He fears their homes are under surveillance.
(c) He does not want to see them.
(d) He thinks that they may turn him in to the authorities.
13. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
(a) Banks check the account numbers against a list of account numbers that they have.
(b) The bank account number makes the checks look more real.
(c) When banks call to verify the amounts, Pan Am's bank confirms that there is enough money to pay the check.
(d) Bank tellers get suspicious if they see a number that is not the real account number.
14. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(b) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(c) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
(d) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
15. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
(a) He claims that he plans to open a newspaper.
(b) He claims that he is working for a publisher.
(c) He claims that he is a commercial artist.
(d) He claims that he is opening his own print shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
2. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
3. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
4. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
5. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)