|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
(b) A female bank manager.
(c) His lover, Rosalie.
(d) His friend, the fisherman.
2. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
(b) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(c) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
(d) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
3. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
(a) A bail bondsman.
(b) A desk sergeant.
(c) A Pan Am pilot.
(d) A state trooper.
4. While he is watching the bank, Frank is approached by ____________________ who know his real identity.
(a) Two Massachusetts state troopers.
(b) Two pilots working for Pan Am.
(c) Two former girlfriends.
(d) Two FBI agents.
5. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) An Air France pilot.
(b) A local printer.
(c) An Air France flight attendant.
(d) An FBI agent.
6. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(b) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
(c) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(d) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
7. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
(b) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
(c) He never steals money from the interns.
(d) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
8. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
(a) He embarks on an exercise program.
(b) He goes temporarily insane.
(c) He imagines that he is somewhere else.
(d) He talks to other prisoners.
9. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
(a) New York City.
10. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
(a) He phones the desk sergeant posing as a doctor and claims that Frank Abagnale is diabetic.
(b) He manages to steal a set of keys from a guard.
(c) He poses as a lawyer for one of the other prisoners and convinces the guard to let him out.
(d) He gets a bail bondsman to bail him out.
11. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
(a) Never traveling on Pan Am itself, only on other carriers.
(b) Making sure the interns wear their uniforms at all times.
(c) Carrying the interns' passports for them as a group.
(d) Cashing the interns' paychecks for them as a group.
12. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He is still angry about the divorce.
(b) He does not want to have to lie to them.
(c) He fears that they turn him in.
(d) He is too ashamed to face them.
13. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The security officers inside the airport.
(b) The all-night check-in counter.
(c) The computer at the gate.
(d) The after-hours depository for a bank.
14. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(b) He takes classes in art.
(c) He writes his life story.
(d) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
15. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
(a) A Pan Am stewardess.
(b) A Miami prostitute.
(c) A bail bondsman.
(d) A college student intern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
2. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
3. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
4. How do the French police locate Frank?
5. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)