|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
(b) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(c) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(d) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
2. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
(a) The American embassy in Mexico City.
(b) Pan Am's Mexico City office.
(c) A writer with political influence in Mexico.
(d) A Mexican politician.
3. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
(a) He goes temporarily insane.
(b) He talks to other prisoners.
(c) He imagines that he is somewhere else.
(d) He embarks on an exercise program.
4. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
(a) He is allowed to leave for the day as part of a work release program.
(b) He pretends to be very sick and is removed to a hospital.
(c) His lawyer gets him out while awaiting trial.
(d) He tells the prison officials that he has an urgent meeting and they let him walk out.
5. How does Frank describe Rosalie?
(a) Easy to manipulate.
(b) Loyal and honest.
(c) Dishonest and unfaithful.
(d) Desperate for attention.
6. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
(a) A bucket that is rarely emptied.
(b) An ordinary toilet.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A hole in the ground.
7. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) In Armand's vineyards.
(c) As he is getting into his car.
(d) At his grandparents' house.
8. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A local printer.
(c) An Air France pilot.
(d) An Air France flight attendant.
9. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
(a) Not take the break up personally.
(b) Continue to help Papa Lavalier in his business.
(c) Help her to get a job with Pan Am.
(d) Never see her again.
10. Why does Frank write his own name and address on the back of the blank expense check?
(a) He means to give it to his girlfriend so she is able to contact him later.
(b) He plans to give it to a fisherman to exchange pictures of Fords.
(c) He forgets that the piece of paper he is writing on is a check.
(d) He intends to give it to a friend who is going to mail him a package.
11. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
(b) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(c) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(d) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
12. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than $20,000.00.
(b) More than $10,000.00.
(c) More than a million dollars.
(d) More than $62,000.00.
13. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
(a) By the end of the summer they are all wondering.
(b) None of them ever suspect.
(c) One or two grow suspicious.
(d) At the end of the summer one tries to turn Frank in.
14. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
(a) He tells them they are on a special assignment and should only ask questions of him personally.
(b) He tells them that asking questions invalidates their internships.
(c) He tells them that they are sent home if they tell anyone what they are doing.
(d) He tells them that they are part of an illegal scheme and are arrested if they tell anyone.
15. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
2. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
3. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
4. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
5. Where does Frank go in an attempt to escape the manhunt for him?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)