|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
(a) A state trooper.
(b) A Pan Am pilot.
(c) A desk sergeant.
(d) A bail bondsman.
2. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
(a) Because Frank also commits crimes in the United States.
(b) Because Frank is being treated exactly like the French prisoners.
(c) Because Frank is not behaving well in prison.
(d) Because Frank commits the crimes for which he is tried.
3. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
(a) An English printer.
(b) Pam Am prints them for Frank.
(c) He prints them himself.
(d) His girlfriend's father.
4. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
(a) To settle down for good.
(b) To hide from the police.
(c) To meditate on his life.
(d) To try posing as a banker.
5. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
(a) Papa Lavalier.
(b) Pan Am.
(c) The University of Arizona.
6. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) His parents.
7. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than a million dollars.
(b) More than $62,000.00.
(c) More than $20,000.00.
(d) More than $10,000.00.
8. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
(a) He phones people pretending to be from their banks.
(b) He finds out how to get account numbers from customers.
(c) He makes up account numbers and some turn out to be accurate.
(d) He types his account number on a pile of deposit slips.
9. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
(a) He thinks printing so many makes him look like he really does work for Pan Am.
(b) He anticipates needing that many checks to pay for his European vacation.
(c) He expects to have to hire others to help him with his schemes.
(d) He is planning to expand his operations dramatically.
10. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In a suitcase in the airport.
(b) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
(c) In Boston's harbor.
(d) In a locker at the bus station.
11. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
(a) He makes one himself.
(b) He just wears his Pan Am pilot's uniform instead.
(c) He gets one from a uniform supply company.
(d) He does not bother with a uniform.
12. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
(b) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
(c) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
(d) He quickly leaves town.
13. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) His lover, Rosalie.
(b) A female bank manager.
(c) His friend, the fisherman.
(d) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
14. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
(a) She is not serious about him.
(b) She tells the police about him.
(c) She is not willing to move with him.
(d) She asks him to leave.
15. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
(b) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(c) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(d) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
2. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
3. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
4. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
5. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)