|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
(a) The Italian police.
(b) The British police.
(c) The Swedish police.
(d) The Swiss police.
2. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
(a) He remains on the plane, hiding, after the other passengers deplane.
(b) He talks the FBI agents into letting him go to the bathroom and then runs away.
(c) He unsnaps the toilet and drops through the hole onto the tarmac.
(d) He gets on the wrong plane when he is leaving Sweden.
3. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
(a) He plans to loaf for the rest of his life.
(b) He is considering returning to school.
(c) He is thinking of moving in with his grandparents.
(d) He hopes to get a legitimate job working for an airline.
4. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
(a) An Air France pilot.
(b) A local printer.
(c) An Air France flight attendant.
(d) An FBI agent.
5. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
(b) He never steals money from the interns.
(c) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
(d) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
6. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
(a) His lawyer gets him out while awaiting trial.
(b) He tells the prison officials that he has an urgent meeting and they let him walk out.
(c) He pretends to be very sick and is removed to a hospital.
(d) He is allowed to leave for the day as part of a work release program.
7. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
(a) He types his account number on a pile of deposit slips.
(b) He phones people pretending to be from their banks.
(c) He finds out how to get account numbers from customers.
(d) He makes up account numbers and some turn out to be accurate.
8. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
(a) More than $2,000.
(b) More than a million dollars.
(c) More than $40,000.
(d) More than $10,000.
9. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
(a) He is hiding in the apartment of a girlfriend.
(b) He is at the airport stealing the money from the bank's night depository.
(c) He is on a plane to Paris.
(d) He is 500 miles away.
10. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
(a) She is not willing to move with him.
(b) She is not serious about him.
(c) She tells the police about him.
(d) She asks him to leave.
11. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
(b) A female bank manager.
(c) His friend, the fisherman.
(d) His lover, Rosalie.
12. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
(b) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(c) His checks are very good forgeries.
(d) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
13. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In a suitcase in the airport.
(b) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
(c) In a locker at the bus station.
(d) In Boston's harbor.
14. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
(a) Pan Am's Mexico City office.
(b) A writer with political influence in Mexico.
(c) A Mexican politician.
(d) The American embassy in Mexico City.
15. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She does not like Frank very well.
(b) She figures out that he is a con man.
(c) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(d) She wants to get married and settle down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
2. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
3. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
4. How does Frank get the prison officials at the Federal Detention Center in Atlanta to treat him well?
5. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)