|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
(a) A college student intern.
(b) A Pan Am stewardess.
(c) A bail bondsman.
(d) A Miami prostitute.
2. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
(a) He charms her into cashing the check for him.
(b) He uses a Pan Am expense check.
(c) He convinces her that he is a lawyer.
(d) He convinces her that the money is pending on his Philadelphia account.
3. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His aunt and uncle.
(c) His cousins.
(d) His parents.
4. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
(b) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
(c) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(d) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
5. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
(a) He tells the prison officials that he has an urgent meeting and they let him walk out.
(b) He is allowed to leave for the day as part of a work release program.
(c) He pretends to be very sick and is removed to a hospital.
(d) His lawyer gets him out while awaiting trial.
6. Why does Frank decide to swindle a bank back in the States?
(a) He likes the challenge of trying to rook money out of banks.
(b) He cannot stop conning people.
(c) He overhears the banker treating an underling badly.
(d) He still needs more money.
7. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
(a) To settle down for good.
(b) To hide from the police.
(c) To meditate on his life.
(d) To try posing as a banker.
8. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
(a) Pan Am's Mexico City office.
(b) The American embassy in Mexico City.
(c) A writer with political influence in Mexico.
(d) A Mexican politician.
9. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The after-hours depository for a bank.
(b) The security officers inside the airport.
(c) The all-night check-in counter.
(d) The computer at the gate.
10. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
(a) He makes a copy of a degree and then forges his own diplomas.
(b) He sneaks into the registrar's office and sets up a file.
(c) He decides to return to school at the university when the summer is over.
(d) He slips a student file for himself in the pile with the prospective intern files.
11. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
(a) Frank brazenly tells Pan Am what he is doing.
(b) A Pan Am pilot sees Frank in Europe and becomes suspicious.
(c) Pan Am begins to realize that its checks are being forged.
(d) Frank has proofs from the photo sessions sent to Pan Am's offices.
12. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
(a) A hole in the ground.
(b) An outhouse.
(c) A bucket that is rarely emptied.
(d) An ordinary toilet.
13. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
(a) With an I-Tek camera and a printing press he can print his own checks.
(b) Las Vegas is the perfect place for him to operate for a while.
(c) The routing numbers on checks tell where a bank is located.
(d) The FBI are still looking for him and they are getting closer.
14. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In a locker at the bus station.
(b) In a suitcase in the airport.
(c) In Boston's harbor.
(d) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
15. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
(b) He tells her that he gives it back later.
(c) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
(d) He photocopies it for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get the money from the night depository out of the airport?
2. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
3. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
4. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
5. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)