|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
(a) He is hiding in the apartment of a girlfriend.
(b) He is on a plane to Paris.
(c) He is at the airport stealing the money from the bank's night depository.
(d) He is 500 miles away.
2. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
(a) He gets a bail bondsman to bail him out.
(b) He manages to steal a set of keys from a guard.
(c) He phones the desk sergeant posing as a doctor and claims that Frank Abagnale is diabetic.
(d) He poses as a lawyer for one of the other prisoners and convinces the guard to let him out.
3. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
(a) He gets on the wrong plane when he is leaving Sweden.
(b) He talks the FBI agents into letting him go to the bathroom and then runs away.
(c) He unsnaps the toilet and drops through the hole onto the tarmac.
(d) He remains on the plane, hiding, after the other passengers deplane.
4. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The all-night check-in counter.
(b) The security officers inside the airport.
(c) The computer at the gate.
(d) The after-hours depository for a bank.
5. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(b) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(c) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
(d) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
6. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In Boston's harbor.
(b) In a locker at the bus station.
(c) In a suitcase in the airport.
(d) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
7. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
(a) The Italian police.
(b) The Swiss police.
(c) The Swedish police.
(d) The British police.
8. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
(a) He cashes checks late in the day so they are not processed right away.
(b) He uses checks in which the bank indicatese routing number is not the bank listed on the check. by th
(c) He cashes checks under a different name than the one he is traveling under.
(d) He uses checks issued by a bank in another city.
9. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
(a) Print his own checks with a printing press.
(b) Travel around the country while forging checks.
(c) Manipulate the routing numbers on the bottom of checks.
(d) Steal such a large amount of money in such a short time.
10. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
(a) He thinks printing so many makes him look like he really does work for Pan Am.
(b) He expects to have to hire others to help him with his schemes.
(c) He is planning to expand his operations dramatically.
(d) He anticipates needing that many checks to pay for his European vacation.
11. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He is still angry about the divorce.
(b) He does not want to have to lie to them.
(c) He fears that they turn him in.
(d) He is too ashamed to face them.
12. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(b) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(c) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(d) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
13. Why doesn't Frank return to visit his parents while he is in New York City living as a fugitive from the police and the FBI?
(a) He is embarrassed to have them know he is a fugitive.
(b) He does not want to see them.
(c) He thinks that they may turn him in to the authorities.
(d) He fears their homes are under surveillance.
14. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
(a) Never see her again.
(b) Help her to get a job with Pan Am.
(c) Not take the break up personally.
(d) Continue to help Papa Lavalier in his business.
15. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than a million dollars.
(b) More than $62,000.00.
(c) More than $10,000.00.
(d) More than $20,000.00.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
2. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
3. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
4. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
5. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)