|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he is watching the bank, Frank is approached by ____________________ who know his real identity.
(a) Two pilots working for Pan Am.
(b) Two FBI agents.
(c) Two former girlfriends.
(d) Two Massachusetts state troopers.
2. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
(a) His code of honor requires it.
(b) He hopes the bail bondman does not talk to O'Riley if he is paid.
(c) He likes the bail bondsman personally.
(d) He thinks he may need to be bailed out again some other day.
3. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
(a) He gets a copy of her passport and starts printing his own passports.
(b) He cashes a check for her and keeps her paycheck to use as a template.
(c) He finds out more about what Pan Am pilot's uniforms should look like.
(d) He gets more information about the way Pan Am works.
4. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
(b) He never steals money from the interns.
(c) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
(d) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
5. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
(a) He claims that he is opening his own print shop.
(b) He claims that he plans to open a newspaper.
(c) He claims that he is a commercial artist.
(d) He claims that he is working for a publisher.
6. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
(a) He pretends to be very sick and is removed to a hospital.
(b) He tells the prison officials that he has an urgent meeting and they let him walk out.
(c) His lawyer gets him out while awaiting trial.
(d) He is allowed to leave for the day as part of a work release program.
7. Does Frank make money on the intern scheme?
(a) No, but he enjoys the summer of travel.
(b) No, but he does not care since he had fun.
(c) Yes, but he spends it all on the interns.
(d) Yes, he makes more than $300,000.00.
8. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
(a) One or two grow suspicious.
(b) None of them ever suspect.
(c) By the end of the summer they are all wondering.
(d) At the end of the summer one tries to turn Frank in.
9. How does Frank eventually pay his bail bondsman?
(a) With a credit card.
(b) With a phony Pan Am check.
(c) With a legitimate cashier's check.
(d) With cash.
10. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
(b) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
(c) He quickly leaves town.
(d) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
11. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In Boston's harbor.
(b) In a suitcase in the airport.
(c) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
(d) In a locker at the bus station.
12. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
(a) He tells them they are on a special assignment and should only ask questions of him personally.
(b) He tells them that they are part of an illegal scheme and are arrested if they tell anyone.
(c) He tells them that asking questions invalidates their internships.
(d) He tells them that they are sent home if they tell anyone what they are doing.
13. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(b) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
(c) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(d) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
14. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
(a) He poses as a lawyer who is a guest of the hotel.
(b) He poses as a plainclothes police officer.
(c) He poses as an FBI agent and asks for O'Riley.
(d) He poses as a member of the hotel's wait staff.
15. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) As he is getting into his car.
(c) In Armand's vineyards.
(d) At his grandparents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
2. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
3. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
4. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
5. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)