|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
(b) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(c) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(d) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
2. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
(a) His girlfriend's father.
(b) Pam Am prints them for Frank.
(c) He prints them himself.
(d) An English printer.
3. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In Boston's harbor.
(b) In a locker at the bus station.
(c) In a suitcase in the airport.
(d) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
4. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
(a) At the end of the summer one tries to turn Frank in.
(b) One or two grow suspicious.
(c) None of them ever suspect.
(d) By the end of the summer they are all wondering.
5. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She figures out that he is a con man.
(b) She wants to get married and settle down.
(c) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(d) She does not like Frank very well.
6. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
(a) He passes a phony check to the same bank teller twice.
(b) The check is not a good forgery and it is detected.
(c) He does not realize the FBI is tracking his phony checks.
(d) He forgets he writes his own name and address on the back.
7. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
(a) He is provided with medical care.
(b) He is not given enough to eat.
(c) He is not allowed to bathe.
(d) He is not given room to move freely.
8. While he is watching the bank, Frank is approached by ____________________ who know his real identity.
(a) Two pilots working for Pan Am.
(b) Two former girlfriends.
(c) Two Massachusetts state troopers.
(d) Two FBI agents.
9. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
(b) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(c) He takes classes in art.
(d) He writes his life story.
10. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
(a) He cites his constitutional rights.
(b) He threatens to call his lawyer and sues the police station.
(c) He says that company regulations require him to keep them on him at all times.
(d) He argues that he cannot do any harm with them in a jail cell.
11. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
(a) He returns to Sweden.
(b) He continues his art education.
(c) He returns to France.
(d) He goes straight after he serves his prison time.
12. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
(a) Pan Am begins to realize that its checks are being forged.
(b) Frank has proofs from the photo sessions sent to Pan Am's offices.
(c) A Pan Am pilot sees Frank in Europe and becomes suspicious.
(d) Frank brazenly tells Pan Am what he is doing.
13. How does Frank describe Rosalie?
(a) Dishonest and unfaithful.
(b) Desperate for attention.
(c) Easy to manipulate.
(d) Loyal and honest.
14. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
(a) He makes up account numbers and some turn out to be accurate.
(b) He finds out how to get account numbers from customers.
(c) He phones people pretending to be from their banks.
(d) He types his account number on a pile of deposit slips.
15. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
(b) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(c) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(d) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
2. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
3. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
4. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
5. Why does Frank write his own name and address on the back of the blank expense check?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)