|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) As he is getting into his car.
(b) At his grandparents' house.
(c) In a grocery store.
(d) In Armand's vineyards.
2. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
(a) He fears the job exposes him to the authorities.
(b) He does not enjoy physical labor.
(c) He does not need the money.
(d) He thinks the work is boring.
3. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
(a) Not take the break up personally.
(b) Continue to help Papa Lavalier in his business.
(c) Never see her again.
(d) Help her to get a job with Pan Am.
4. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(b) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
(c) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(d) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
5. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
(a) He anticipates needing that many checks to pay for his European vacation.
(b) He is planning to expand his operations dramatically.
(c) He expects to have to hire others to help him with his schemes.
(d) He thinks printing so many makes him look like he really does work for Pan Am.
6. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(b) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(c) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
(d) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
7. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She does not like Frank very well.
(b) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(c) She figures out that he is a con man.
(d) She wants to get married and settle down.
8. Who does Frank confess to?
(a) A female bank manager.
(b) His friend, the fisherman.
(c) The FBI agent who is chasing him.
(d) His lover, Rosalie.
9. How does Frank get the prison officials at the Federal Detention Center in Atlanta to treat him well?
(a) He poses as a prison inspector.
(b) He poses as a lawyer.
(c) He poses as a doctor.
(d) He poses as a newspaper reporter.
10. What does Frank expect happens when he is released from Perpignan?
(a) He is sent to a more humane French prison.
(b) He is released on parole.
(c) He has to stand trial in another European country.
(d) He is sent home to the United States.
11. Who is Frank released to when he leaves Perpignan?
(a) The Italian police.
(b) The Swedish police.
(c) The British police.
(d) The Swiss police.
12. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She tells the police about him.
(c) She is not serious about him.
(d) She is not willing to move with him.
13. While he is watching the bank, Frank is approached by ____________________ who know his real identity.
(a) Two former girlfriends.
(b) Two pilots working for Pan Am.
(c) Two Massachusetts state troopers.
(d) Two FBI agents.
14. How does Frank avoid being caught when the bank figures out that his check is phony?
(a) He changes to a different identity and avoids banks.
(b) He quickly leaves town.
(c) He decides to stay with a girlfriend for a few weeks.
(d) He poses as an FBI agent and confiscates the phony check.
15. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His cousins.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
2. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
3. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
4. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
5. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)