|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
(a) At a cafe in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
(b) At his girlfriend's home in the Bronx.
(c) At the airport in Montreal, Canada.
(d) At a gas station in Atlanta, Georgia.
2. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than $62,000.00.
(b) More than a million dollars.
(c) More than $20,000.00.
(d) More than $10,000.00.
3. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
(a) Frank has proofs from the photo sessions sent to Pan Am's offices.
(b) Frank brazenly tells Pan Am what he is doing.
(c) Pan Am begins to realize that its checks are being forged.
(d) A Pan Am pilot sees Frank in Europe and becomes suspicious.
4. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
(a) The check is not a good forgery and it is detected.
(b) He forgets he writes his own name and address on the back.
(c) He passes a phony check to the same bank teller twice.
(d) He does not realize the FBI is tracking his phony checks.
5. How does Frank describe Rosalie?
(a) Desperate for attention.
(b) Dishonest and unfaithful.
(c) Easy to manipulate.
(d) Loyal and honest.
6. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
(a) He sneaks into the registrar's office and sets up a file.
(b) He makes a copy of a degree and then forges his own diplomas.
(c) He slips a student file for himself in the pile with the prospective intern files.
(d) He decides to return to school at the university when the summer is over.
7. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
(a) More than $2,000.
(b) More than a million dollars.
(c) More than $10,000.
(d) More than $40,000.
8. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
(b) He never steals money from the interns.
(c) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
(d) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
9. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He fears that they turn him in.
(b) He is too ashamed to face them.
(c) He does not want to have to lie to them.
(d) He is still angry about the divorce.
10. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
(a) 1,500 personal checks for Frank.
(b) 10,000 more payroll checks for Pan Am.
(c) Three hundred copies of a cashier's check for $1,200.00.
(d) A second set of phony identification cards.
11. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
(a) He goes straight after he serves his prison time.
(b) He returns to France.
(c) He returns to Sweden.
(d) He continues his art education.
12. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
(b) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
(c) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(d) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
13. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
(a) She tells the police about him.
(b) She is not serious about him.
(c) She is not willing to move with him.
(d) She asks him to leave.
14. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
(a) He thinks the FBI cannot find him in Montpellier.
(b) He knows that French police are not likely to track him down.
(c) He hopes to start a bank swindling scheme there.
(d) He thinks it is a nice place to settle down.
15. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
(a) He talks the FBI agents into letting him go to the bathroom and then runs away.
(b) He unsnaps the toilet and drops through the hole onto the tarmac.
(c) He remains on the plane, hiding, after the other passengers deplane.
(d) He gets on the wrong plane when he is leaving Sweden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
2. How does Frank eventually pay his bail bondsman?
3. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
4. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
5. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)