|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(b) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
(c) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(d) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
2. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In Boston's harbor.
(b) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
(c) In a locker at the bus station.
(d) In a suitcase in the airport.
3. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His cousins.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) His parents.
4. Why doesn't Frank answer Jan's questions at first?
(a) He believes that he is turned back over to the FBI.
(b) He fears that he is in a Swedish prison for 20 years.
(c) He thinks that he is extradited to Italy soon.
(d) He does not expect to be treated humanely after his trial.
5. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
(a) Frank has proofs from the photo sessions sent to Pan Am's offices.
(b) A Pan Am pilot sees Frank in Europe and becomes suspicious.
(c) Pan Am begins to realize that its checks are being forged.
(d) Frank brazenly tells Pan Am what he is doing.
6. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than $20,000.00.
(b) More than $10,000.00.
(c) More than a million dollars.
(d) More than $62,000.00.
7. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(b) He writes his life story.
(c) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
(d) He takes classes in art.
8. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(b) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
(c) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(d) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
9. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
(a) He tells them that asking questions invalidates their internships.
(b) He tells them they are on a special assignment and should only ask questions of him personally.
(c) He tells them that they are part of an illegal scheme and are arrested if they tell anyone.
(d) He tells them that they are sent home if they tell anyone what they are doing.
10. How does Frank get the prison officials at the Federal Detention Center in Atlanta to treat him well?
(a) He poses as a prison inspector.
(b) He poses as a doctor.
(c) He poses as a newspaper reporter.
(d) He poses as a lawyer.
11. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
12. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(b) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(c) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(d) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
13. Where is Frank apprehended by the French police?
(a) In Armand's vineyards.
(b) At his grandparents' house.
(c) As he is getting into his car.
(d) In a grocery store.
14. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(b) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
(c) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(d) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
15. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
(a) He thinks it is a nice place to settle down.
(b) He knows that French police are not likely to track him down.
(c) He hopes to start a bank swindling scheme there.
(d) He thinks the FBI cannot find him in Montpellier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
2. How does Frank dupe Cheryl?
3. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
4. How many of Frank's interns begin to suspect that he is duping them?
5. How does Frank eventually pay his bail bondsman?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)