|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
(a) The check is not a good forgery and it is detected.
(b) He passes a phony check to the same bank teller twice.
(c) He forgets he writes his own name and address on the back.
(d) He does not realize the FBI is tracking his phony checks.
2. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
(a) Three hundred copies of a cashier's check for $1,200.00.
(b) A second set of phony identification cards.
(c) 10,000 more payroll checks for Pan Am.
(d) 1,500 personal checks for Frank.
3. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
(a) A Pan Am pilot.
(b) A bail bondsman.
(c) A desk sergeant.
(d) A state trooper.
4. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
(a) More than $62,000.00.
(b) More than $10,000.00.
(c) More than $20,000.00.
(d) More than a million dollars.
5. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
(b) He tells her that he gives it back later.
(c) He photocopies it for her.
(d) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
6. How much does Frank make by stealing money from small deposits that people make at the bank?
(a) More than $2,000.
(b) More than $10,000.
(c) More than $40,000.
(d) More than a million dollars.
7. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
8. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
(a) Las Vegas is the perfect place for him to operate for a while.
(b) The routing numbers on checks tell where a bank is located.
(c) The FBI are still looking for him and they are getting closer.
(d) With an I-Tek camera and a printing press he can print his own checks.
9. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
(a) He makes one himself.
(b) He just wears his Pan Am pilot's uniform instead.
(c) He does not bother with a uniform.
(d) He gets one from a uniform supply company.
10. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She does not like Frank very well.
(b) She wants to get married and settle down.
(c) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(d) She figures out that he is a con man.
11. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The all-night check-in counter.
(b) The after-hours depository for a bank.
(c) The computer at the gate.
(d) The security officers inside the airport.
12. How does Frank get the prison officials at the Federal Detention Center in Atlanta to treat him well?
(a) He poses as a prison inspector.
(b) He poses as a doctor.
(c) He poses as a newspaper reporter.
(d) He poses as a lawyer.
13. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
(a) He fears the job exposes him to the authorities.
(b) He does not enjoy physical labor.
(c) He thinks the work is boring.
(d) He does not need the money.
14. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A construction company executive.
(d) A university professor.
15. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
(a) He wanders aimlessly around the prison.
(b) He studies law, hoping to find a loophole in his case.
(c) He takes classes in art.
(d) He writes his life story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
2. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
3. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
4. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
5. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)