|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
(a) A bucket that is rarely emptied.
(b) An ordinary toilet.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A hole in the ground.
2. How does Frank dupe Cheryl?
(a) He pays her with a phony check, and she gives him $400.00 in change.
(b) He convinces her that he pays her in a few days when he gets paid.
(c) He pays her with a credit card that is over its limit.
(d) He pays her with a worthless check, so she doesn't get paid at all.
3. How does Frank get a flight crew to travel with him?
(a) He asks Pan Am to supply him with a flight crew.
(b) He takes a group of women into his confidence and explains the scheme.
(c) He finds a flight crew that is traveling his direction and asks to travel with them.
(d) He recruits a group of stewardess interns from the University of Arizona.
4. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
(a) To settle down for good.
(b) To try posing as a banker.
(c) To hide from the police.
(d) To meditate on his life.
5. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A construction company executive.
6. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
(c) New York City.
7. Does Frank make money on the intern scheme?
(a) No, but he enjoys the summer of travel.
(b) No, but he does not care since he had fun.
(c) Yes, but he spends it all on the interns.
(d) Yes, he makes more than $300,000.00.
8. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
(a) Cashing the interns' paychecks for them as a group.
(b) Making sure the interns wear their uniforms at all times.
(c) Carrying the interns' passports for them as a group.
(d) Never traveling on Pan Am itself, only on other carriers.
9. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
(a) He claims that he is a commercial artist.
(b) He claims that he is opening his own print shop.
(c) He claims that he is working for a publisher.
(d) He claims that he plans to open a newspaper.
10. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
(a) He gets more information about the way Pan Am works.
(b) He finds out more about what Pan Am pilot's uniforms should look like.
(c) He gets a copy of her passport and starts printing his own passports.
(d) He cashes a check for her and keeps her paycheck to use as a template.
11. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(b) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(c) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(d) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
12. What feature of a Boston airport gives Frank an idea for another con?
(a) The after-hours depository for a bank.
(b) The computer at the gate.
(c) The all-night check-in counter.
(d) The security officers inside the airport.
13. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
(b) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(c) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
(d) His checks are very good forgeries.
14. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
(a) A Miami prostitute.
(b) A bail bondsman.
(c) A Pan Am stewardess.
(d) A college student intern.
15. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(b) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(c) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
(d) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank confess to?
2. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
3. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County Jail?
4. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
5. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)