|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
(a) Banks are starting to tell him that they don't believe he is a pilot.
(b) He hopes the crew make it harder for the FBI to trace him.
(c) He likes the idea of having beautiful women around.
(d) It makes his check-cashing scheme more believable.
2. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
(a) He claims that he plans to open a newspaper.
(b) He claims that he is working for a publisher.
(c) He claims that he is opening his own print shop.
(d) He claims that he is a commercial artist.
3. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
(a) He talks to other prisoners.
(b) He goes temporarily insane.
(c) He embarks on an exercise program.
(d) He imagines that he is somewhere else.
4. Why doesn't Frank return to visit his parents while he is in New York City living as a fugitive from the police and the FBI?
(a) He is embarrassed to have them know he is a fugitive.
(b) He does not want to see them.
(c) He thinks that they may turn him in to the authorities.
(d) He fears their homes are under surveillance.
5. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
(a) He threatens to call his lawyer and sues the police station.
(b) He argues that he cannot do any harm with them in a jail cell.
(c) He cites his constitutional rights.
(d) He says that company regulations require him to keep them on him at all times.
6. Where does Frank go in an attempt to escape the manhunt for him?
(a) New York City.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Washington D.C..
7. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(b) She wants to get married and settle down.
(c) She does not like Frank very well.
(d) She figures out that he is a con man.
8. While he is watching the bank, Frank is approached by ____________________ who know his real identity.
(a) Two pilots working for Pan Am.
(b) Two former girlfriends.
(c) Two FBI agents.
(d) Two Massachusetts state troopers.
9. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
(a) He makes one himself.
(b) He just wears his Pan Am pilot's uniform instead.
(c) He gets one from a uniform supply company.
(d) He does not bother with a uniform.
10. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
(a) He returns to Sweden.
(b) He returns to France.
(c) He goes straight after he serves his prison time.
(d) He continues his art education.
11. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
(a) He insists on cashing the interns' checks himself.
(b) He refuses to sleep with any of the interns.
(c) He never steals money from the interns.
(d) He refuses to send any more business to Papa Lavalier.
12. Why does Frank have 10,000 payroll checks printed?
(a) He expects to have to hire others to help him with his schemes.
(b) He anticipates needing that many checks to pay for his European vacation.
(c) He thinks printing so many makes him look like he really does work for Pan Am.
(d) He is planning to expand his operations dramatically.
13. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A construction company executive.
14. Why does Frank decide to swindle a bank back in the States?
(a) He likes the challenge of trying to rook money out of banks.
(b) He cannot stop conning people.
(c) He overhears the banker treating an underling badly.
(d) He still needs more money.
15. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
(a) He decides to return to school at the university when the summer is over.
(b) He makes a copy of a degree and then forges his own diplomas.
(c) He slips a student file for himself in the pile with the prospective intern files.
(d) He sneaks into the registrar's office and sets up a file.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
2. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
3. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
4. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
5. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)