|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
(a) The FBI are still looking for him and they are getting closer.
(b) With an I-Tek camera and a printing press he can print his own checks.
(c) Las Vegas is the perfect place for him to operate for a while.
(d) The routing numbers on checks tell where a bank is located.
2. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He tells her that he gives it back later.
(b) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
(c) He photocopies it for her.
(d) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
3. How does Frank manage to buy an I-Tek camera and printing press?
(a) He claims that he is opening his own print shop.
(b) He claims that he plans to open a newspaper.
(c) He claims that he is working for a publisher.
(d) He claims that he is a commercial artist.
4. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
(a) He unsnaps the toilet and drops through the hole onto the tarmac.
(b) He gets on the wrong plane when he is leaving Sweden.
(c) He talks the FBI agents into letting him go to the bathroom and then runs away.
(d) He remains on the plane, hiding, after the other passengers deplane.
5. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
(a) Prisoners are treated humanely, but have little to eat.
(b) Prisoners live in damp, dark cells with no sanitation.
(c) Prisoners are given their own apartments.
(d) Prisoners come and go as they please on work release.
6. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
(a) He likes the bail bondsman personally.
(b) He thinks he may need to be bailed out again some other day.
(c) He hopes the bail bondman does not talk to O'Riley if he is paid.
(d) His code of honor requires it.
7. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
(a) A Mexican politician.
(b) A writer with political influence in Mexico.
(c) The American embassy in Mexico City.
(d) Pan Am's Mexico City office.
8. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
(a) He thinks the FBI cannot find him in Montpellier.
(b) He knows that French police are not likely to track him down.
(c) He hopes to start a bank swindling scheme there.
(d) He thinks it is a nice place to settle down.
9. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
(a) Bank tellers get suspicious if they see a number that is not the real account number.
(b) When banks call to verify the amounts, Pan Am's bank confirms that there is enough money to pay the check.
(c) The bank account number makes the checks look more real.
(d) Banks check the account numbers against a list of account numbers that they have.
10. Why does Frank write his own name and address on the back of the blank expense check?
(a) He forgets that the piece of paper he is writing on is a check.
(b) He means to give it to his girlfriend so she is able to contact him later.
(c) He plans to give it to a fisherman to exchange pictures of Fords.
(d) He intends to give it to a friend who is going to mail him a package.
11. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
(b) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(c) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
(d) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
12. Why does Frank decide to swindle a bank back in the States?
(a) He still needs more money.
(b) He overhears the banker treating an underling badly.
(c) He likes the challenge of trying to rook money out of banks.
(d) He cannot stop conning people.
13. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His parents.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) His grandparents.
14. Where does Frank go in an attempt to escape the manhunt for him?
(a) Washington D.C..
(b) New York City.
(d) Las Vegas.
15. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
(a) In Boston's harbor.
(b) In the bathtub of his hotel room.
(c) In a suitcase in the airport.
(d) In a locker at the bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
2. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
3. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
4. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
5. How do the French police locate Frank?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)