|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) This is his first pair.
(b) His two-year-old took them.
(c) He loses them.
(d) They are stolen.
2. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
(a) They think he has confidence in them as doctors.
(b) They think he lets them get away with anything.
(c) They hope to learn from his medical expertise.
(d) They like him because he jokes a lot.
3. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are disbelieving.
(c) They are distraught.
(d) They are angry.
4. Why does Frank's plan work?
(a) Because it is so simple.
(b) Because it relies on the kindness of strangers.
(c) Because it is impossible to detect.
(d) Because it is so brazen.
5. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He loses his job and is unemployed.
(b) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
(c) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
(d) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
6. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
(a) He is smart enough to finish school and get a good job.
(b) Anyone can be a lawyer.
(c) It is easy to cheat on the bar exam.
(d) Frank should stay in his job as an attorney.
7. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
(b) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(c) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(d) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
8. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(b) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(c) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(d) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
9. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
(a) He decides to forge some new identification.
(b) He decides to go to more places where he is not known.
(c) He decides to open a new account in a different bank.
(d) He decides to pose as an airline pilot.
10. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(b) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(c) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
(d) He refuses to answer any questions.
11. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
(b) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(c) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(d) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
12. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) His arrest for stealing a car.
(b) Truancy from school.
(c) Forging a check.
(d) His credit card scheme.
13. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
(a) He takes it off a model airplane from a hobby shop.
(b) He takes it from a Pan Am brochure.
(c) He draws it himself and puts it on his card.
(d) He gets it from the company that makes the I.D. cards.
14. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(b) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(c) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(d) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
15. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(b) He asks an intern.
(c) He asks a nurse.
(d) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
2. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
3. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
4. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
5. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)