|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank avoid blowing his cover while he is working at the hospital?
(a) He presents himself as a jokester.
(b) He talks to the nurses to find out what he needs to know.
(c) He spends a lot of time doing research.
(d) He presents himself as distant and all-knowing.
2. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(b) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(c) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(d) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
3. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is a wanted criminal.
(b) He is too young to get a good job.
(c) He never gets his high school diploma.
(d) He is not good at learning new things.
4. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(b) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
(c) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
5. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
(b) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(c) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(d) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
6. How does Frank add to his university lectures?
(a) He tells stories based on his own experiences.
(b) He asks his students to tell stories from their experience.
(c) He goes to the library to find more information.
(d) He makes up stories to illustrate points in the text.
7. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
(a) He is certain that as a juvenile, he cannot be charged.
(b) He is certain he leaves no trail for police to follow.
(c) He thinks that he is several steps ahead of the police.
(d) He feels sure that his crimes are small compared to others they must solve.
8. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
(b) He takes courses at another university.
(c) He studies sociology in the library.
(d) He makes it up as he goes along.
9. Why does Frank feel safe from the law while he is working as an attorney?
(a) Because he thinks that the FBI forgets all about him by now.
(b) Because he does not think the FBI thinks to look for him in the Attorney General's office.
(c) Because he no longer lives in New Orleans or Atlanta.
(d) Because he does not pass any phony checks in almost two years.
10. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
(a) He gives General Delivery, New York as his address.
(b) He lists whatever hotel he stays at last.
(c) He lists Pan Am's address in New York.
(d) He makes up a phony address.
11. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(b) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(c) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(d) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
12. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) His credit card scheme.
(b) His arrest for stealing a car.
(c) Forging a check.
(d) Truancy from school.
13. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
(b) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(c) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
(d) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
14. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
(a) He deadheads to another city.
(b) He gets a legitimate job for a while.
(c) He stays with a girlfriend for a few days.
(d) He asks around to find out if anyone is looking for him.
15. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
(b) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(c) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
(d) So that the salesman believes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
2. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
3. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
4. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
5. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)