|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
(a) He explains that he wants to settle down and work in one location.
(b) He explains that he never really works for Pan Am.
(c) He says that flying does not present him with enough of a challenge.
(d) He says that he is furloughed because of personnel cutbacks.
2. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(b) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
(c) He asks an intern.
(d) He asks a nurse.
3. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
(a) Because he is easily identified by any of the people he works with.
(b) Because patients at the hospital where he works are complaining.
(c) Because a paper trail leads straight to his apartment at River Bend.
(d) Because he has an FBI inspector concentrating on his case alone now.
4. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(b) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(c) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
(d) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
5. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A pink slip.
(b) A red slip.
(c) A blue slip.
(d) A green slip.
6. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
(a) He cannot live on that amount of money.
(b) He hopes to find a job where he meets more girls.
(c) He is afraid his boss finds out he is forging checks.
(d) He does not like working for a living.
7. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
(b) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
(c) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
(d) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
8. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to fake paperwork.
(b) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(c) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
(d) The ability to learn new information quickly.
9. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
(a) He becomes a university professor for the summer.
(b) He finds another job as an attorney.
(c) He goes to work for TWA.
(d) He goes back to work in a children's hospital.
10. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Twenty-five years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
11. How does Frank add to his university lectures?
(a) He tells stories based on his own experiences.
(b) He goes to the library to find more information.
(c) He makes up stories to illustrate points in the text.
(d) He asks his students to tell stories from their experience.
12. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
13. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(b) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(c) He forges a check.
(d) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
14. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(b) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
(c) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
(d) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
15. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(b) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(c) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(d) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to leave Atlanta?
2. What is "deadheading"?
3. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
4. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
5. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)