|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
(d) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
2. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He is still a juvenile.
(b) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
(c) He does not committed a violent crime.
(d) He does not steal very much money.
3. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
(a) He uses a method of trial and error.
(b) He conducts more interviews.
(c) He reads airline magazines.
(d) He goes to the library.
4. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Truancy from school.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) His credit card scheme.
(d) His arrest for stealing a car.
5. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
(a) He uses an electronic organizer.
(b) He keeps it all in his head.
(c) He takes notes in a notebook.
(d) He does not bother to keep track of it all.
6. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
(a) He does not like working for a living.
(b) He hopes to find a job where he meets more girls.
(c) He cannot live on that amount of money.
(d) He is afraid his boss finds out he is forging checks.
7. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
(a) He starts his con and learns as he goes along.
(b) He poses as a high school reporter and interviews a captain.
(c) He reads Pan Am's travel brochures.
(d) He hangs out in the airport and watches what flight crews do.
8. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(b) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(c) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(d) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
9. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
(b) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
(c) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
(d) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
10. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
(a) A nurse becomes suspicious of him.
(b) He doesn't know what to do for a blue baby.
(c) He gets bored with the practice of medicine.
(d) He becomes faint at the sight of blood.
11. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
(a) He studies hard and takes it three times.
(b) He has someone else take the exam for him.
(c) He doesn't pass the exam, but he forges documents showing that he does.
(d) He gets a copy of the exam and cheats.
12. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(b) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(c) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(d) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
13. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
(b) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(c) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
(d) So that the salesman believes him.
14. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
(a) He takes a job in a stationery store for $1.50 an hour.
(b) He lives off money sent to him by his parents.
(c) He supports himself writing bad checks.
(d) He works part-time in a warehouse.
15. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(b) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(c) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(d) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
2. How does Frank add to his university lectures?
3. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
4. How does Frank earn the respect of the hospital's interns?
5. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)