|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
(d) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
2. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(b) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(c) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
(d) He refuses to answer any questions.
3. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(b) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
(c) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
(d) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
4. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
(b) He does not committed a violent crime.
(c) He does not steal very much money.
(d) He is still a juvenile.
5. Why does Frank pretend to be a representative of Carib Air?
(a) To get a pilot's license made.
(b) To get a sample I.D. card made.
(c) To deadhead on a flight.
(d) To get a pilot's uniform.
6. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to travel.
(b) He wants to buy a car.
(c) He wants to go on dates with girls.
(d) He wants to save for college.
7. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(b) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(c) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(d) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
8. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(b) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(c) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
(d) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
9. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
(a) He cannot think of anything else to do.
(b) He needs the money.
(c) He wants to be a lawyer.
(d) He is excited by the challenge.
10. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
(a) He thinks that he is several steps ahead of the police.
(b) He is certain he leaves no trail for police to follow.
(c) He feels sure that his crimes are small compared to others they must solve.
(d) He is certain that as a juvenile, he cannot be charged.
11. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is a wanted criminal.
(b) He is not good at learning new things.
(c) He never gets his high school diploma.
(d) He is too young to get a good job.
12. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
(a) He says that he is furloughed because of personnel cutbacks.
(b) He explains that he wants to settle down and work in one location.
(c) He explains that he never really works for Pan Am.
(d) He says that flying does not present him with enough of a challenge.
13. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A green slip.
(b) A red slip.
(c) A blue slip.
(d) A pink slip.
14. Why does Frank's plan work?
(a) Because it is so brazen.
(b) Because it is impossible to detect.
(c) Because it is so simple.
(d) Because it relies on the kindness of strangers.
15. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
(a) He decides to open a new account in a different bank.
(b) He decides to pose as an airline pilot.
(c) He decides to go to more places where he is not known.
(d) He decides to forge some new identification.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank have a checking account?
2. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
3. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
4. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
5. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)