|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(b) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(c) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(d) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
2. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
(a) They like him because he jokes a lot.
(b) They hope to learn from his medical expertise.
(c) They think he has confidence in them as doctors.
(d) They think he lets them get away with anything.
3. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
(a) Because now he has a quick way to leave any location if he needs to.
(b) Because now he can go out on dates.
(c) Because now he can travel without having to deadhead his way across the country.
(d) Because the FBI are tracking him through rental cars that he abandons at airports.
4. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
(b) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
(c) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
(d) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
5. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He does not care one way or the other.
(b) He is philosophical about it.
(c) He is determined to turn things around.
(d) He is broken by it.
6. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
(a) Long enough to wait until his next deadhead flight.
(b) Long enough to have a new box of checks delivered to him.
(c) Long enough to throw the police off his trail.
(d) Long enough to finish a relationship with his current girlfriend.
7. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
(b) The ability to fake paperwork.
(c) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(d) The ability to learn new information quickly.
8. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
(b) The police.
(c) Hotel staff.
(d) Pilots and copilots.
9. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
(a) He wants to be a lawyer.
(b) He cannot think of anything else to do.
(c) He is excited by the challenge.
(d) He needs the money.
10. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
(a) He gets a copy of the exam and cheats.
(b) He has someone else take the exam for him.
(c) He studies hard and takes it three times.
(d) He doesn't pass the exam, but he forges documents showing that he does.
11. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
(a) He finds another job as an attorney.
(b) He becomes a university professor for the summer.
(c) He goes to work for TWA.
(d) He goes back to work in a children's hospital.
12. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(b) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
(c) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(d) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
13. Why does Frank's plan work?
(a) Because it relies on the kindness of strangers.
(b) Because it is so simple.
(c) Because it is impossible to detect.
(d) Because it is so brazen.
14. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
(a) He stays in the South.
(b) He goes to the Pacific Northwest.
(c) He goes West.
(d) He returns home to New York.
15. Why does Frank have a checking account?
(a) He starts his own account when he gets his first job.
(b) He has to have a checking account to get a job.
(c) He never has a checking account; he only pretends he does.
(d) His father sets one up for him a year earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
2. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
3. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
4. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
5. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)