|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
(a) It is easy to cheat on the bar exam.
(b) He is smart enough to finish school and get a good job.
(c) Frank should stay in his job as an attorney.
(d) Anyone can be a lawyer.
2. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
(a) He gets bored with the practice of medicine.
(b) A nurse becomes suspicious of him.
(c) He doesn't know what to do for a blue baby.
(d) He becomes faint at the sight of blood.
3. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
(b) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(c) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
(d) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
4. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(b) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(c) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(d) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
5. How does Frank's supervisor at the Attorney General's office treat him?
(a) Like a gopher.
(b) Like a future politician.
(c) Like a secretary.
(d) Like a competent attorney.
6. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
(b) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
(c) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
(d) Forging a check.
7. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(b) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
(c) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(d) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
8. How does Frank avoid blowing his cover while he is working at the hospital?
(a) He presents himself as distant and all-knowing.
(b) He presents himself as a jokester.
(c) He spends a lot of time doing research.
(d) He talks to the nurses to find out what he needs to know.
9. How does Frank earn the respect of the hospital's interns?
(a) He lets them practice medicine.
(b) He tells them what to do.
(c) He shows them how much he knows.
(d) He questions every choice they make.
10. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
(a) He cannot think of anything else to do.
(b) He is excited by the challenge.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He wants to be a lawyer.
11. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
(a) He uses a Pan Am check that he forges.
(b) He uses a phony check.
(c) He uses a real check from an overdrawn account.
(d) He has the hotels bill Pan Am for his rooms.
12. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(b) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(c) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(d) He forges a check.
13. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(b) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
(c) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
(d) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
14. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
(b) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(c) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
15. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(b) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
2. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
3. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
4. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
5. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)