|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
(a) Because now he can go out on dates.
(b) Because now he can travel without having to deadhead his way across the country.
(c) Because the FBI are tracking him through rental cars that he abandons at airports.
(d) Because now he has a quick way to leave any location if he needs to.
2. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He takes courses at another university.
(b) He makes it up as he goes along.
(c) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
(d) He studies sociology in the library.
3. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
(a) In the copilot's seat.
(b) In an extra seat in coach.
(c) In a jumpseat in the cockpit.
(d) In an extra seat in first class.
4. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
(a) Having to present his pilot's license and I.D. card.
(b) Answering questions from the pilot and copilot during the flight.
(c) Trying to find the jumpseat in the cockpit.
(d) Waiting while an airline employee calls the FAA tower.
5. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(b) That he is transferred to another state.
(c) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
(d) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
6. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is a wanted criminal.
(b) He is not good at learning new things.
(c) He is too young to get a good job.
(d) He never gets his high school diploma.
7. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) They are stolen.
(b) He loses them.
(c) This is his first pair.
(d) His two-year-old took them.
8. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
(a) He is smart enough to finish school and get a good job.
(b) Frank should stay in his job as an attorney.
(c) It is easy to cheat on the bar exam.
(d) Anyone can be a lawyer.
9. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) There are no girls.
(c) His freedom is restricted.
(d) He misses his family.
10. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(b) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(c) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
(d) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
11. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
(a) They think he lets them get away with anything.
(b) They think he has confidence in them as doctors.
(c) They like him because he jokes a lot.
(d) They hope to learn from his medical expertise.
12. How does Frank's supervisor at the Attorney General's office treat him?
(a) Like a secretary.
(b) Like a gopher.
(c) Like a competent attorney.
(d) Like a future politician.
13. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(b) He feels angry and tries to escape.
(c) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
(d) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
14. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
(a) He goes to the Pacific Northwest.
(b) He goes West.
(c) He stays in the South.
(d) He returns home to New York.
15. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Video surveillance cameras.
(b) Cell phones.
(d) Computer networking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
2. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
3. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
4. Why does Frank's plan work?
5. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)