|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank enjoy attending a Methodist church?
(a) He hopes to meet women at church.
(b) He knows that many of his clients are Methodists.
(c) He has the chance to work with kids as a volunteer.
(d) He is genuinely interested in becoming a Methodist.
2. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
(b) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(c) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(d) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
3. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
(b) That he is transferred to another state.
(c) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(d) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
4. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) His two-year-old took them.
(b) He loses them.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) This is his first pair.
5. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
(a) Hotel staff.
(b) Pilots and copilots.
(d) The police.
6. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He makes it up as he goes along.
(b) He takes courses at another university.
(c) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
(d) He studies sociology in the library.
7. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
(a) He uses a phony check.
(b) He uses a real check from an overdrawn account.
(c) He uses a Pan Am check that he forges.
(d) He has the hotels bill Pan Am for his rooms.
8. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to learn new information quickly.
(b) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(c) The ability to fake paperwork.
(d) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
9. How does Frank avoid blowing his cover while he is working at the hospital?
(a) He presents himself as distant and all-knowing.
(b) He spends a lot of time doing research.
(c) He presents himself as a jokester.
(d) He talks to the nurses to find out what he needs to know.
10. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
(b) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
(c) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
(d) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
11. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A red slip.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) A green slip.
(d) A blue slip.
12. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
(a) They think he has confidence in them as doctors.
(b) They hope to learn from his medical expertise.
(c) They like him because he jokes a lot.
(d) They think he lets them get away with anything.
13. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(b) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(c) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
(d) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
14. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
(a) Moving in with his father.
(b) Getting his first credit card.
(c) His first arrest.
(d) His parents' divorce.
15. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
(a) The hospital tells him he does not actually have to practice medicine.
(b) He thinks he knows enough about medicine to fake it.
(c) He thinks that he learns the job as he goes along by watching the interns.
(d) He needs the money while he is living in Atlanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
2. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
3. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
4. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
5. How does Frank add to his university lectures?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)