|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
(b) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
(c) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
(d) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
2. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(b) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
(c) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
(d) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
3. What does Frank's ability to pass the bar exam prove?
(a) It is easy to cheat on the bar exam.
(b) Frank should stay in his job as an attorney.
(c) He is smart enough to finish school and get a good job.
(d) Anyone can be a lawyer.
4. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(b) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
5. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
(b) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
(c) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
(d) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
6. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He takes courses at another university.
(b) He makes it up as he goes along.
(c) He studies sociology in the library.
(d) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
7. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
(a) He deadheads to another city.
(b) He gets a legitimate job for a while.
(c) He asks around to find out if anyone is looking for him.
(d) He stays with a girlfriend for a few days.
8. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(b) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
(c) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
9. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(b) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He dreams about other paths he takes.
10. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(b) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
(c) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(d) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
11. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A red slip.
(b) A blue slip.
(c) A green slip.
(d) A pink slip.
12. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Cell phones.
(b) Video surveillance cameras.
(c) Computer networking.
13. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He refuses to answer any questions.
(b) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(c) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(d) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
14. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He does not committed a violent crime.
(b) He is still a juvenile.
(c) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
(d) He does not steal very much money.
15. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
(b) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(c) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(d) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
2. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
3. How does Frank earn the respect of the hospital's interns?
4. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
5. What is "deadheading"?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)