|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are disbelieving.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are distraught.
2. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is too young to get a good job.
(b) He is a wanted criminal.
(c) He never gets his high school diploma.
(d) He is not good at learning new things.
3. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(b) He refuses to answer any questions.
(c) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(d) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
4. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
(a) In the copilot's seat.
(b) In an extra seat in first class.
(c) In a jumpseat in the cockpit.
(d) In an extra seat in coach.
5. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to learn new information quickly.
(b) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(c) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
(d) The ability to fake paperwork.
6. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
(a) He supports himself writing bad checks.
(b) He works part-time in a warehouse.
(c) He takes a job in a stationery store for $1.50 an hour.
(d) He lives off money sent to him by his parents.
7. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(b) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(c) He feels angry and tries to escape.
(d) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
8. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(b) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
(c) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
(d) That he is transferred to another state.
9. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His friends.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
(a) He hopes he can earn a good income as a doctor.
(b) He knows the FBI is looking for a fake pilot.
(c) He happens to meet a doctor who works at a local hospital.
(d) He wants to be a doctor.
11. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(b) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
(c) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(d) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
12. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to go on dates with girls.
(b) He wants to save for college.
(c) He wants to buy a car.
(d) He wants to travel.
13. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
(b) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
(c) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
(d) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
14. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
(b) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
(c) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(d) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
15. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He asks a nurse.
(b) He asks an intern.
(c) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
(d) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
2. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
3. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
4. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
5. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)