|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
(a) He forges one himself.
(b) He copies a license belonging to another doctor.
(c) He says that he has a license but is never asked to show it.
(d) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
2. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(b) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
(c) That he is transferred to another state.
(d) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
3. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(b) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(c) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(d) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
4. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(b) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(c) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(d) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
5. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(b) He deadheads to Atlanta.
(c) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(d) He goes home to New York City.
6. Why does Frank's plan work?
(a) Because it is so simple.
(b) Because it is so brazen.
(c) Because it relies on the kindness of strangers.
(d) Because it is impossible to detect.
7. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) He misses his family.
(c) His freedom is restricted.
(d) There are no girls.
8. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He asks a nurse.
(b) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(c) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
(d) He asks an intern.
9. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
(b) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(c) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(d) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
10. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(b) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(c) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(d) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
11. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(b) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(c) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(d) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
12. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
(a) He cannot live on that amount of money.
(b) He does not like working for a living.
(c) He hopes to find a job where he meets more girls.
(d) He is afraid his boss finds out he is forging checks.
13. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
(a) He uses a real check from an overdrawn account.
(b) He uses a phony check.
(c) He has the hotels bill Pan Am for his rooms.
(d) He uses a Pan Am check that he forges.
14. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
(a) He draws it himself and puts it on his card.
(b) He takes it from a Pan Am brochure.
(c) He takes it off a model airplane from a hobby shop.
(d) He gets it from the company that makes the I.D. cards.
15. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
(a) He has the officers call Pan Am's business office and ask about him.
(b) He shows the officers his phony I.D. and pilot's license.
(c) He gives the officers names of pilots and stewardesses who can vouch for him.
(d) He convinces the officers by talking and using terminology only a pilot would know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
2. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
3. How does Frank add to his university lectures?
4. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
5. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)