|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
(a) He hangs out in the airport and watches what flight crews do.
(b) He poses as a high school reporter and interviews a captain.
(c) He starts his con and learns as he goes along.
(d) He reads Pan Am's travel brochures.
2. Why do the hospital doctors and staff think that Frank is very committed to his education?
(a) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
(b) He tells them that he is working on a research paper.
(c) He seems to know a lot about pediatric medicine.
(d) He spends a lot of time in the hospital library.
3. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
(a) Waiting while an airline employee calls the FAA tower.
(b) Answering questions from the pilot and copilot during the flight.
(c) Trying to find the jumpseat in the cockpit.
(d) Having to present his pilot's license and I.D. card.
4. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(b) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
(c) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(d) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
5. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
(b) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
(c) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
(d) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
6. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
(b) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
(c) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(d) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
7. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Computer networking.
(b) Video surveillance cameras.
(c) Cell phones.
8. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
(a) He returns home to New York.
(b) He goes West.
(c) He goes to the Pacific Northwest.
(d) He stays in the South.
9. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
(b) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
(c) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
(d) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
10. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
(a) He forges one himself.
(b) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
(c) He says that he has a license but is never asked to show it.
(d) He copies a license belonging to another doctor.
11. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
12. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
(b) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
(c) That he is transferred to another state.
(d) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
13. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(b) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
14. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He asks a nurse.
(b) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(c) He asks an intern.
(d) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
15. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(b) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(c) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(d) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn the respect of the hospital's interns?
2. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
3. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
4. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
5. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)