|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
(a) He does not really like his girlfriend that well.
(b) He is afraid the police are still looking for him there.
(c) He likes Atlanta better than New Orleans.
(d) He does not want to leave his job as a doctor.
2. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
3. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
(a) He goes West.
(b) He stays in the South.
(c) He returns home to New York.
(d) He goes to the Pacific Northwest.
4. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
(a) He lists whatever hotel he stays at last.
(b) He lists Pan Am's address in New York.
(c) He makes up a phony address.
(d) He gives General Delivery, New York as his address.
5. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to go on dates with girls.
(b) He wants to save for college.
(c) He wants to travel.
(d) He wants to buy a car.
6. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(b) The ability to fake paperwork.
(c) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
(d) The ability to learn new information quickly.
7. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A green slip.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) A red slip.
(d) A blue slip.
8. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
(a) He hangs around the hospital to prepare for his new role.
(b) He does research on the staff by looking up doctors in the hospital directory.
(c) A doctor friend takes him there and introduces him to the staff.
(d) He poses as a student writer and interviews hospital staff members.
9. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He goes home to New York City.
(b) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(c) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(d) He deadheads to Atlanta.
10. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
(a) He gets a copy of the exam and cheats.
(b) He doesn't pass the exam, but he forges documents showing that he does.
(c) He studies hard and takes it three times.
(d) He has someone else take the exam for him.
11. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
(b) He loses his job and is unemployed.
(c) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
(d) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
12. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
(a) His cover is blown and he is discovered.
(b) The hospital administrator finally locates a permanent replacement.
(c) He is afraid that he is responsible for a child's death.
(d) He decides that his salary at the hospital is not enough to live on.
13. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He forges a check.
(b) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(c) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(d) He tricks the gas station attendant.
14. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are disbelieving.
(b) They are distraught.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are angry.
15. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is too young to get a good job.
(b) He is a wanted criminal.
(c) He never gets his high school diploma.
(d) He is not good at learning new things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
2. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
3. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
4. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
5. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)