|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to leave Atlanta?
(a) He misses life as a pilot.
(b) He is worried about the FBI catching up with him.
(c) His job ends and his apartment lease is up.
(d) He feels restless and wants to go to another city.
2. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
(a) He has someone else take the exam for him.
(b) He studies hard and takes it three times.
(c) He doesn't pass the exam, but he forges documents showing that he does.
(d) He gets a copy of the exam and cheats.
3. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
(a) He makes up a phony address.
(b) He gives General Delivery, New York as his address.
(c) He lists Pan Am's address in New York.
(d) He lists whatever hotel he stays at last.
4. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(b) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(c) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(d) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
5. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(b) He wants to see the world.
(c) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(d) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
6. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He forges a check.
(b) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(c) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(d) He tricks the gas station attendant.
7. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
(a) Because now he can travel without having to deadhead his way across the country.
(b) Because now he has a quick way to leave any location if he needs to.
(c) Because the FBI are tracking him through rental cars that he abandons at airports.
(d) Because now he can go out on dates.
8. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(b) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(c) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
(d) Frank researches his new role carefully.
9. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Cell phones.
(c) Video surveillance cameras.
(d) Computer networking.
10. Why does Frank pretend to be a representative of Carib Air?
(a) To get a sample I.D. card made.
(b) To get a pilot's uniform.
(c) To deadhead on a flight.
(d) To get a pilot's license made.
11. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
(a) His cover is blown and he is discovered.
(b) The hospital administrator finally locates a permanent replacement.
(c) He decides that his salary at the hospital is not enough to live on.
(d) He is afraid that he is responsible for a child's death.
12. Why does Frank have a checking account?
(a) He has to have a checking account to get a job.
(b) His father sets one up for him a year earlier.
(c) He starts his own account when he gets his first job.
(d) He never has a checking account; he only pretends he does.
13. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
(a) He decides to open a new account in a different bank.
(b) He decides to forge some new identification.
(c) He decides to pose as an airline pilot.
(d) He decides to go to more places where he is not known.
14. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
(a) He uses a phony check.
(b) He uses a real check from an overdrawn account.
(c) He uses a Pan Am check that he forges.
(d) He has the hotels bill Pan Am for his rooms.
15. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(b) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(c) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
(d) He refuses to answer any questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank enjoy attending a Methodist church?
2. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
3. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
4. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
5. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)