|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
(b) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(c) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
(d) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
2. Why do the interns like to have Frank supervising them?
(a) They hope to learn from his medical expertise.
(b) They think he has confidence in them as doctors.
(c) They like him because he jokes a lot.
(d) They think he lets them get away with anything.
3. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
(a) He is excited by the challenge.
(b) He wants to be a lawyer.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He cannot think of anything else to do.
4. How does Frank get a temporary license to practice medicine in Georgia?
(a) He forges one himself.
(b) He is interviewed by a panel of doctors.
(c) He copies a license belonging to another doctor.
(d) He says that he has a license but is never asked to show it.
5. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
(a) By getting a part-time job in a warehouse.
(b) By paying off his credit card debt.
(c) By getting good grades in school.
(d) By carrying messages to his mother.
6. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
(b) He asks an intern.
(c) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(d) He asks a nurse.
7. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
(b) Pilots and copilots.
(c) The police.
(d) Hotel staff.
8. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
(a) Because a paper trail leads straight to his apartment at River Bend.
(b) Because patients at the hospital where he works are complaining.
(c) Because he has an FBI inspector concentrating on his case alone now.
(d) Because he is easily identified by any of the people he works with.
9. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
10. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(b) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
(c) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
(d) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
11. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He deadheads to Atlanta.
(b) He goes home to New York City.
(c) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(d) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
12. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There are no girls.
(b) There is nothing to do for fun.
(c) His freedom is restricted.
(d) He misses his family.
13. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
(a) He needs the money while he is living in Atlanta.
(b) He thinks that he learns the job as he goes along by watching the interns.
(c) He thinks he knows enough about medicine to fake it.
(d) The hospital tells him he does not actually have to practice medicine.
14. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(b) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(c) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(d) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
15. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
(a) He explains that he wants to settle down and work in one location.
(b) He explains that he never really works for Pan Am.
(c) He says that flying does not present him with enough of a challenge.
(d) He says that he is furloughed because of personnel cutbacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
2. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
3. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
4. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
5. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)