|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
(a) He goes to the library.
(b) He conducts more interviews.
(c) He uses a method of trial and error.
(d) He reads airline magazines.
2. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) His freedom is restricted.
(c) There is nothing to do for fun.
(d) There are no girls.
3. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to fake paperwork.
(b) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
(c) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(d) The ability to learn new information quickly.
4. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(b) He feels angry and tries to escape.
(c) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(d) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
5. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
(a) That he is transferred to another state.
(b) That he is gone for a few weeks because of a death in the family.
(c) That he is leaving for good because the FBI is chasing him.
(d) That he is rehired by Pan Am.
6. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(b) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(c) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(d) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
7. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(b) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(c) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(d) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
8. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
9. Why does Frank later realize that it is just as well that he leaves Atlanta when he does?
(a) Because patients at the hospital where he works are complaining.
(b) Because a paper trail leads straight to his apartment at River Bend.
(c) Because he is easily identified by any of the people he works with.
(d) Because he has an FBI inspector concentrating on his case alone now.
10. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
(b) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(c) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(d) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
11. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
(a) He does not bother to keep track of it all.
(b) He keeps it all in his head.
(c) He uses an electronic organizer.
(d) He takes notes in a notebook.
12. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) His arrest for stealing a car.
(b) Truancy from school.
(c) Forging a check.
(d) His credit card scheme.
13. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(b) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(c) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
(d) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
14. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(b) He refuses to answer any questions.
(c) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
(d) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
15. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
(b) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
(c) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
(d) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
2. Why does Frank agree to take the bar and start posing as a lawyer?
3. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
4. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
5. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)