|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
(b) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
(c) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(d) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
2. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He takes courses at another university.
(b) He makes it up as he goes along.
(c) He studies sociology in the library.
(d) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
3. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
4. Why does Frank end up leaving his job as an attorney?
(a) He meets another Harvard man who becomes suspicious.
(b) He gets tired of being treated like a gopher.
(c) He misses traveling around the country as a pilot.
(d) He decides that it is time to move on in case the FBI is catching up.
5. What does Frank do for a living when he first moves into the River Bend complex?
(a) He immediately starts working as a pediatrician.
(b) He doesn't earn any money; he just enjoys the single life.
(c) He gets a part-time job in a local warehouse.
(d) He continues to pose as a pilot but stops deadheading.
6. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Video surveillance cameras.
(b) Computer networking.
(c) Cell phones.
7. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
(a) He gets a legitimate job for a while.
(b) He asks around to find out if anyone is looking for him.
(c) He deadheads to another city.
(d) He stays with a girlfriend for a few days.
8. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) His two-year-old took them.
(b) This is his first pair.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) He loses them.
9. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(b) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(c) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(d) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
10. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
11. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Forging a check.
(b) His credit card scheme.
(c) Truancy from school.
(d) His arrest for stealing a car.
12. Which of the following does NOT help Frank to avoid being caught by the FBI while he is living in Atlanta?
(a) Frank researches his new role carefully.
(b) Frank does not need to cash any fake checks.
(c) The FBI are looking in the wrong city.
(d) The FBI are looking for a fake pilot.
13. Why is Frank forced to pose as a lawyer?
(a) He wants to find a job where he cannot accidentally kill anyone.
(b) He is looking for a job that helps him to earn a good salary.
(c) He needs a job that allows him to avoid the FBI.
(d) An old girlfriend remembers that he tells her he has a law degree from Harvard.
14. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(b) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(c) He deadheads to Atlanta.
(d) He goes home to New York City.
15. What skills must Frank possess in order to pass himself off as a doctor?
(a) The ability to charm anyone he meets.
(b) The ability to remain unflustered in any situation.
(c) The ability to fake paperwork.
(d) The ability to learn new information quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank manage to pass the bar exam?
2. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
3. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
4. How does Frank manage to keep track of the information he collects?
5. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)