|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword and Q&A with the Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
(a) He says that he is furloughed because of personnel cutbacks.
(b) He explains that he never really works for Pan Am.
(c) He says that flying does not present him with enough of a challenge.
(d) He explains that he wants to settle down and work in one location.
2. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He studies sociology in the library.
(b) He makes it up as he goes along.
(c) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
(d) He takes courses at another university.
3. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
(a) He has a grudge against Pan Am and wants to hurt the company.
(b) The criminal penalty is the same whether he passes a phony check for $100 or $5000.
(c) His expenses get larger and he needs more money.
(d) It is easier to forge a corporate check than a personal check.
4. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) His freedom is restricted.
(c) There is nothing to do for fun.
(d) There are no girls.
5. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
(a) He is not given enough to eat.
(b) He is not given room to move freely.
(c) He is not allowed to bathe.
(d) He is provided with medical care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get to know the staff at a pediatric hospital?
2. Why do some people consider Frank's story to be one of redemption?
3. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
4. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
5. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)