|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword and Q&A with the Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
(a) The check is not a good forgery and it is detected.
(b) He does not realize the FBI is tracking his phony checks.
(c) He forgets he writes his own name and address on the back.
(d) He passes a phony check to the same bank teller twice.
2. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She is not willing to move with him.
(c) She is not serious about him.
(d) She tells the police about him.
3. Why do some people consider Frank's story to be one of redemption?
(a) He sincerely regrets the mistakes of his youth.
(b) He ends up saving banks more money than he ever steals.
(c) He turns to religion later in life.
(d) He teaches young people not to make the same mistakes he does.
4. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
(a) He fears the job exposes him to the authorities.
(b) He does not need the money.
(c) He does not enjoy physical labor.
(d) He thinks the work is boring.
5. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) It is easy to con a businessman.
(b) Alcohol and business do not mix.
(c) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(d) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
2. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
3. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
4. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
5. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)