|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword and Q&A with the Author.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank feel about being treated like a gopher?
(a) He is determined to prove that he is capable.
(b) He is offended not to have a chance to prove himself.
(c) He is happy to be left to focus on other things.
(d) He is relieved not to have to practice law.
2. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
(a) At his girlfriend's home in the Bronx.
(b) At a gas station in Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) At the airport in Montreal, Canada.
(d) At a cafe in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
3. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(b) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(c) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(d) He forges a check.
4. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
(a) He is considering returning to school.
(b) He plans to loaf for the rest of his life.
(c) He hopes to get a legitimate job working for an airline.
(d) He is thinking of moving in with his grandparents.
5. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
(b) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
(c) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(d) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
2. What explanation does Frank give the state's attorney's office for his decision to stop working as a pilot?
3. Who does Monique leave Frank for?
4. Where does Frank go when he leaves his job at the Attorney General's office?
5. Why is it lucky for Frank that he decides to buy a car?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)