|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Does This Tab Include the Tip?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He never gets his high school diploma.
(b) He is a wanted criminal.
(c) He is too young to get a good job.
(d) He is not good at learning new things.
2. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
(b) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(c) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(d) He refuses to answer any questions.
3. What does Frank pose as in Philadelphia?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A construction company executive.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A lawyer.
4. What does Frank do when he is released from the police station in New Orleans?
(a) He buys a plane ticket to Atlanta.
(b) He goes home to New York City.
(c) He decides to stay with a girlfriend in New Orleans.
(d) He deadheads to Atlanta.
5. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
(a) The hospital tells him he does not actually have to practice medicine.
(b) He needs the money while he is living in Atlanta.
(c) He thinks he knows enough about medicine to fake it.
(d) He thinks that he learns the job as he goes along by watching the interns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
2. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
3. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
4. Why does Frank's plan work?
5. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)