|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Does This Tab Include the Tip?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it help Frank to have Pan Am checks with Pan Am's bank account number printed on them?
(a) Banks check the account numbers against a list of account numbers that they have.
(b) Bank tellers get suspicious if they see a number that is not the real account number.
(c) The bank account number makes the checks look more real.
(d) When banks call to verify the amounts, Pan Am's bank confirms that there is enough money to pay the check.
2. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A green slip.
(b) A red slip.
(c) A pink slip.
(d) A blue slip.
3. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
(a) He is tired of flying around the country and wants to settle down.
(b) He wants to see what other professions he can pass himself off as.
(c) One of his phony checks is not accepted when he tries to cash it.
(d) He is arrested in New Orleans for having suspicious credentials.
4. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
(a) He cannot live on that amount of money.
(b) He does not like working for a living.
(c) He is afraid his boss finds out he is forging checks.
(d) He hopes to find a job where he meets more girls.
5. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
(a) He finds another job as an attorney.
(b) He goes to work for TWA.
(c) He becomes a university professor for the summer.
(d) He goes back to work in a children's hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
2. How does Frank get the money from the night depository out of the airport?
3. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
4. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
5. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)