|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "A Small Crew Will Do - It's Just a Paper Airplane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(b) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(c) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(d) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
2. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
(a) She is jealous of Frank's summer interns.
(b) She wants to get married and settle down.
(c) She does not like Frank very well.
(d) She figures out that he is a con man.
3. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
(a) He types his account number on a pile of deposit slips.
(b) He makes up account numbers and some turn out to be accurate.
(c) He finds out how to get account numbers from customers.
(d) He phones people pretending to be from their banks.
4. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
(b) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(c) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(d) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
5. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
(a) He tells them they are on a special assignment and should only ask questions of him personally.
(b) He tells them that they are sent home if they tell anyone what they are doing.
(c) He tells them that asking questions invalidates their internships.
(d) He tells them that they are part of an illegal scheme and are arrested if they tell anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
2. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
3. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
4. How does Frank get a security guard's uniform?
5. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)