|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "A Small Crew Will Do - It's Just a Paper Airplane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
(a) He is too ashamed to face them.
(b) He does not want to have to lie to them.
(c) He is still angry about the divorce.
(d) He fears that they turn him in.
2. How does Frank prepare to teach sociology courses?
(a) He audits some courses taught by the head of the deparment.
(b) He takes courses at another university.
(c) He studies sociology in the library.
(d) He makes it up as he goes along.
3. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
(a) The hospital administrator finally locates a permanent replacement.
(b) He decides that his salary at the hospital is not enough to live on.
(c) He is afraid that he is responsible for a child's death.
(d) His cover is blown and he is discovered.
4. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(b) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
(c) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(d) He feels angry and tries to escape.
5. How does Frank award himself a bachelor's and master's degree from the University of Arizona?
(a) He slips a student file for himself in the pile with the prospective intern files.
(b) He sneaks into the registrar's office and sets up a file.
(c) He makes a copy of a degree and then forges his own diplomas.
(d) He decides to return to school at the university when the summer is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
2. Why doesn't Frank move back to New Orleans when his girlfriend is transferred?
3. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
4. Who prints Pan Am payroll checks for Frank?
5. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)