|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "A Small Crew Will Do - It's Just a Paper Airplane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank prove that he really is employed by Pan Am?
(a) He gives the officers names of pilots and stewardesses who can vouch for him.
(b) He shows the officers his phony I.D. and pilot's license.
(c) He convinces the officers by talking and using terminology only a pilot would know.
(d) He has the officers call Pan Am's business office and ask about him.
2. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
(b) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(c) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
(d) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
3. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
(a) He does not want to live with his siblings.
(b) He gets along better with his father than his mother.
(c) He is angry with his mother for moving out.
(d) He pities his father, who still loves his mother.
4. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(b) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(c) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(d) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
5. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident scares Frank into thinking about resigning?
2. Why does Frank write his own name and address on the back of the blank expense check?
3. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
4. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
5. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)