|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "A Law Degree Is Just an Illegal Technicality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do after traveling through the western United States?
(a) He becomes a university professor for the summer.
(b) He goes back to work in a children's hospital.
(c) He finds another job as an attorney.
(d) He goes to work for TWA.
2. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(b) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(c) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(d) He forges a check.
3. Why does Frank finally leave the hospital?
(a) He is afraid that he is responsible for a child's death.
(b) He decides that his salary at the hospital is not enough to live on.
(c) His cover is blown and he is discovered.
(d) The hospital administrator finally locates a permanent replacement.
4. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(b) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He dreams about other paths he takes.
5. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(b) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(c) He wants to see the world.
(d) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to stop posing as a pilot for a while?
2. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
3. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
4. Why does Frank decide to pose as a pediatrician?
5. What does Frank tell his girlfriend when he leaves town and abandons his job as a lawyer?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)