|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "If I'm a Kid Doctor, Where's My Jar of Lollipops".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank accept the job as a supervising resident, even though he knows that he is not qualified to practice medicine?
(a) He thinks he knows enough about medicine to fake it.
(b) The hospital tells him he does not actually have to practice medicine.
(c) He needs the money while he is living in Atlanta.
(d) He thinks that he learns the job as he goes along by watching the interns.
2. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) He loses them.
(b) They are stolen.
(c) This is his first pair.
(d) His two-year-old took them.
3. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(b) He wants to see the world.
(c) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(d) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
4. How does Frank find out what a "blue baby" is?
(a) He figures it out when he sees the baby.
(b) He asks a nurse.
(c) He checks his pocket medical dictionary.
(d) He asks an intern.
5. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
(a) He starts his con and learns as he goes along.
(b) He reads Pan Am's travel brochures.
(c) He poses as a high school reporter and interviews a captain.
(d) He hangs out in the airport and watches what flight crews do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
2. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
3. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
4. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
5. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)