|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(b) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(c) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
(d) He feels angry and tries to escape.
2. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
(a) He explains that he is going to Dallas to get more training.
(b) He says that Pan Am is planning to start flying out of Dallas.
(c) He says he is going to fly a freight plane.
(d) He refuses to answer any questions.
3. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
(a) In an extra seat in first class.
(b) In an extra seat in coach.
(c) In the copilot's seat.
(d) In a jumpseat in the cockpit.
4. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(b) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
(c) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
(d) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
5. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He does not care one way or the other.
(b) He is broken by it.
(c) He is philosophical about it.
(d) He is determined to turn things around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
2. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
3. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
4. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
5. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)