|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(b) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(c) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
(d) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
2. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
3. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Forging a check.
(b) His credit card scheme.
(c) Truancy from school.
(d) His arrest for stealing a car.
4. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
(a) By paying off his credit card debt.
(b) By getting a part-time job in a warehouse.
(c) By carrying messages to his mother.
(d) By getting good grades in school.
5. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
(a) He wants to buy a car.
(b) He wants to go on dates with girls.
(c) He wants to travel.
(d) He wants to save for college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
2. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
3. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
4. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
5. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)