|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
(b) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(c) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
(d) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
2. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
(b) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(c) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
(d) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
3. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
(b) So that the salesman believes him.
(c) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(d) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
4. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
(b) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(c) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
(d) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
5. What does NOT make Frank nervous the first time he deadheads on a flight?
(a) Waiting while an airline employee calls the FAA tower.
(b) Trying to find the jumpseat in the cockpit.
(c) Answering questions from the pilot and copilot during the flight.
(d) Having to present his pilot's license and I.D. card.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
2. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
3. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
4. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
5. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)