|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
(a) He lists whatever hotel he stays at last.
(b) He gives General Delivery, New York as his address.
(c) He makes up a phony address.
(d) He lists Pan Am's address in New York.
2. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He is philosophical about it.
(b) He is determined to turn things around.
(c) He does not care one way or the other.
(d) He is broken by it.
3. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(b) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
(c) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(d) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
4. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(b) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
(c) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
(d) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
5. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His father.
(c) His friends.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
2. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
3. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
4. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
5. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)