|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) His freedom is restricted.
(b) There is nothing to do for fun.
(c) He misses his family.
(d) There are no girls.
2. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(b) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
(c) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(d) He feels angry and tries to escape.
3. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(b) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
(c) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
(d) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
4. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(b) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(c) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(d) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
5. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(b) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He dreams about other paths he takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
2. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
3. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
4. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
5. Why does Frank's plan work?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)