|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(b) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(c) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(d) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
2. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Cell phones.
(b) Computer networking.
(d) Video surveillance cameras.
3. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(b) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(c) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(d) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
4. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
(a) He gets it from the company that makes the I.D. cards.
(b) He draws it himself and puts it on his card.
(c) He takes it from a Pan Am brochure.
(d) He takes it off a model airplane from a hobby shop.
5. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(b) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(c) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
(d) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
2. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
3. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
4. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
5. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)