|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
(a) Long enough to throw the police off his trail.
(b) Long enough to wait until his next deadhead flight.
(c) Long enough to have a new box of checks delivered to him.
(d) Long enough to finish a relationship with his current girlfriend.
2. Why does Frank pretend to be a representative of Carib Air?
(a) To get a sample I.D. card made.
(b) To get a pilot's license made.
(c) To deadhead on a flight.
(d) To get a pilot's uniform.
3. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(b) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
(c) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
(d) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
4. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(b) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(c) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(d) He does not like to have to think anything through.
5. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
(a) Video surveillance cameras.
(b) Cell phones.
(c) Computer networking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
2. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
3. What is "deadheading"?
4. Why does Frank's plan work?
5. Why doesn't Frank worry that the hotels may call the police?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)