|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(b) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(c) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(d) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
2. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to see the world.
(b) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(c) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(d) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
3. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
(b) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
(c) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
(d) Forging a check.
4. Why does Frank pretend to be a representative of Carib Air?
(a) To get a sample I.D. card made.
(b) To get a pilot's uniform.
(c) To get a pilot's license made.
(d) To deadhead on a flight.
5. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
2. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
3. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
4. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
5. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)