|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(b) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(c) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(d) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
2. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(b) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
(c) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
(d) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
3. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
(a) He cannot live on that amount of money.
(b) He does not like working for a living.
(c) He is afraid his boss finds out he is forging checks.
(d) He hopes to find a job where he meets more girls.
4. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(b) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
(c) He wants to see the world.
(d) He suspects the police are looking for him.
5. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
(a) He does not want to live with his siblings.
(b) He is angry with his mother for moving out.
(c) He gets along better with his father than his mother.
(d) He pities his father, who still loves his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
2. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
3. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
4. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
5. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)