|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank's plan work?
(a) Because it is so brazen.
(b) Because it is impossible to detect.
(c) Because it relies on the kindness of strangers.
(d) Because it is so simple.
2. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(b) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(c) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
(d) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
3. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
(b) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
(c) He loses his job and is unemployed.
(d) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
4. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(b) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(c) He forges a check.
(d) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
5. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(b) He feels angry and tries to escape.
(c) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(d) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
2. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
3. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
4. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
5. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)