|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(b) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(c) He forges a check.
(d) He impersonates an airline pilot.
2. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(b) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(c) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(d) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
3. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(b) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
(c) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
(d) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
4. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) His freedom is restricted.
(c) He misses his family.
(d) There are no girls.
5. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
(b) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(c) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
(d) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
2. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
3. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
4. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
5. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)