|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) He loses them.
(b) They are stolen.
(c) This is his first pair.
(d) His two-year-old took them.
2. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
(a) He immediately deadheads on a flight.
(b) He asks a stewardess for a date.
(c) He hangs out at LaGuardia and meets pilots and stewardesses.
(d) He asks a Pan Am employee whether his disguise works.
3. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He is broken by it.
(b) He does not care one way or the other.
(c) He is determined to turn things around.
(d) He is philosophical about it.
4. How does Frank find out that he does not yet know enough about being a pilot?
(a) He tests his new identity before trying it out.
(b) He meets a TWA pilot who is suspicious of him.
(c) He is not allowed to deadhead on flights at first.
(d) He is stopped by airport security because his I.D. is not correct.
5. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(b) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(c) He feels angry and tries to escape.
(d) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "deadheading"?
2. What technology, which does not exist at the time, might have stopped Frank's crime spree?
3. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
4. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
5. When he realizes that airline employees are suspicious of him, how does Frank gather more information about his role as a pilot?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)