|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He is still a juvenile.
(b) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
(c) He does not steal very much money.
(d) He does not committed a violent crime.
2. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(b) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
(c) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
(d) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
3. What does Frank need to fill out in order to deadhead on a flight?
(a) A red slip.
(b) A pink slip.
(c) A green slip.
(d) A blue slip.
4. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
(a) He supports himself writing bad checks.
(b) He takes a job in a stationery store for $1.50 an hour.
(c) He works part-time in a warehouse.
(d) He lives off money sent to him by his parents.
5. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) His freedom is restricted.
(b) There is nothing to do for fun.
(c) There are no girls.
(d) He misses his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
2. How long does Frank usually stay in a new apartment?
3. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
4. What does Frank do if he suspects the police are starting to catch up with him?
5. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)