|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank give as his address when he stays at hotels?
(a) He lists whatever hotel he stays at last.
(b) He lists Pan Am's address in New York.
(c) He makes up a phony address.
(d) He gives General Delivery, New York as his address.
2. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) There are no girls.
(c) His freedom is restricted.
(d) There is nothing to do for fun.
3. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) His arrest for stealing a car.
(b) Truancy from school.
(c) His credit card scheme.
(d) Forging a check.
4. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
(a) He feels angry and tries to escape.
(b) He uses it as a chance to learn more about being a con artist.
(c) He feels it is unfair because his father forgives him.
(d) He likes the reform school better than living at home.
5. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(b) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(c) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(d) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank handle the questions about his trip to Dallas?
2. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
3. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
4. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
5. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)