|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
(b) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
(c) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
(d) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
2. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(b) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
(c) He wants to see the world.
(d) He suspects the police are looking for him.
3. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) Alcohol and business do not mix.
(b) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(c) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
(d) It is easy to con a businessman.
4. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) He misses his family.
(c) There are no girls.
(d) His freedom is restricted.
5. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
(d) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
2. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
3. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
4. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
5. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)