|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(b) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(c) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(d) He does not like to have to think anything through.
2. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(b) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(c) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(d) He dreams about other paths he takes.
3. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) It is easy to con a businessman.
(b) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(c) Alcohol and business do not mix.
(d) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
4. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He does not steal very much money.
(b) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
(c) He is still a juvenile.
(d) He does not committed a violent crime.
5. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) He loses them.
(b) This is his first pair.
(c) His two-year-old took them.
(d) They are stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
2. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
3. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
4. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
5. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)