|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
(a) He hangs out in the airport and watches what flight crews do.
(b) He starts his con and learns as he goes along.
(c) He poses as a high school reporter and interviews a captain.
(d) He reads Pan Am's travel brochures.
2. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
(a) By carrying messages to his mother.
(b) By getting a part-time job in a warehouse.
(c) By paying off his credit card debt.
(d) By getting good grades in school.
3. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
(a) He is afraid his boss finds out he is forging checks.
(b) He does not like working for a living.
(c) He cannot live on that amount of money.
(d) He hopes to find a job where he meets more girls.
4. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
5. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
(a) He pities his father, who still loves his mother.
(b) He is angry with his mother for moving out.
(c) He gets along better with his father than his mother.
(d) He does not want to live with his siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
2. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
3. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
4. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
5. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)