|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
(b) It is easy to con a businessman.
(c) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(d) Alcohol and business do not mix.
2. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friends.
(d) His teacher.
3. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) He loses them.
(b) His two-year-old took them.
(c) This is his first pair.
(d) They are stolen.
4. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
(b) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(c) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
(d) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
5. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(b) He forges a check.
(c) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(d) He tricks the gas station attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
2. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
3. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
4. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
5. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)