|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) He misses his family.
(b) His freedom is restricted.
(c) There are no girls.
(d) There is nothing to do for fun.
2. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(b) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
(c) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(d) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
3. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
(b) It is easy to con a businessman.
(c) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(d) Alcohol and business do not mix.
4. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
(a) He is determined to turn things around.
(b) He is broken by it.
(c) He is philosophical about it.
(d) He does not care one way or the other.
5. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He does not steal very much money.
(b) He does not committed a violent crime.
(c) He is still a juvenile.
(d) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
2. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
3. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
4. Why does Frank have a checking account?
5. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)