|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
2. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
(a) He loses them.
(b) His two-year-old took them.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) This is his first pair.
3. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They are distraught.
(d) They are disbelieving.
4. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
(b) He loses his job and is unemployed.
(c) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
(d) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
5. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
(a) He decides to forge some new identification.
(b) He decides to open a new account in a different bank.
(c) He decides to pose as an airline pilot.
(d) He decides to go to more places where he is not known.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
2. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
3. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
4. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
5. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)