|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His father.
2. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(b) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(c) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
(d) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
3. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Truancy from school.
(b) His credit card scheme.
(c) His arrest for stealing a car.
(d) Forging a check.
4. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He impersonates an airline pilot.
(b) He forges a check.
(c) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(d) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
5. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He loses his job and is unemployed.
(b) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
(c) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
(d) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
2. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
3. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
4. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
5. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)