|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(b) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
(c) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(d) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
2. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
3. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(b) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
(c) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
(d) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
4. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
(a) It is easy to con a businessman.
(b) Businessmen never drink while they work.
(c) Alcohol and business do not mix.
(d) Alcohol encourages businessmen to make deals.
5. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are distraught.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
2. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
3. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
4. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
5. Why does Frank leave his $1.50/hour job?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)