|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) There are no girls.
(c) His freedom is restricted.
(d) He misses his family.
2. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) So that the salesman believes him.
(b) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
(c) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(d) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
3. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Truancy from school.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) His credit card scheme.
(d) His arrest for stealing a car.
4. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
(a) He tricks the gas station attendant.
(b) He forges a check.
(c) He takes a job as a substitute teacher.
(d) He impersonates an airline pilot.
5. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
(b) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(c) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(d) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
2. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
3. Why does Frank have a checking account?
4. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
5. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)