|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(b) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(c) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(d) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
2. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
(b) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(c) He wants to see the world.
(d) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
3. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
(a) He gets along better with his father than his mother.
(b) He does not want to live with his siblings.
(c) He pities his father, who still loves his mother.
(d) He is angry with his mother for moving out.
4. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
(b) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
(c) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(d) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
5. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Truancy from school.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) His arrest for stealing a car.
(d) His credit card scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
2. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
3. How does Frank's father react to his reversal in fortune?
4. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
5. What is "deadheading"?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)