|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
(a) They are understanding.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are distraught.
2. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
(b) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
(c) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(d) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
3. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
(b) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
(c) So that the salesman believes him.
(d) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
4. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
(a) He uses his credit card to pay back the money he owes.
(b) He charges tires, but sells them back to the gas station for less than they are worth.
(c) He uses his gas card to buy groceries and other items as well as gas.
(d) He works to pay for gas instead of paying for it with his credit card.
5. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
(a) He works part-time in a warehouse.
(b) He lives off money sent to him by his parents.
(c) He takes a job in a stationery store for $1.50 an hour.
(d) He supports himself writing bad checks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
2. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
3. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
4. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
5. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)