|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
(b) So that the salesman believes him.
(c) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(d) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
2. Why does Frank have a checking account?
(a) He starts his own account when he gets his first job.
(b) His father sets one up for him a year earlier.
(c) He has to have a checking account to get a job.
(d) He never has a checking account; he only pretends he does.
3. If Frank gets a regular job, which of the following professions do you think he is best suited for?
4. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(b) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He dreams about other paths he takes.
5. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There are no girls.
(b) There is nothing to do for fun.
(c) He misses his family.
(d) His freedom is restricted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a deal does Frank make with the gas station attendant?
2. Why is Frank so determined to raise money?
3. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
4. How do the bill collector and Frank's father react when they find out he is running up thousands of dollars in charges that he cannot pay?
5. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)