|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
(a) He supports himself writing bad checks.
(b) He lives off money sent to him by his parents.
(c) He takes a job in a stationery store for $1.50 an hour.
(d) He works part-time in a warehouse.
2. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
(a) His siblings blame Frank for the divorce.
(b) His mother refuses to let Frank live with her.
(c) His father tries to use Frank to woo his mother back.
(d) His teachers feel sorry for him because of the divorce.
3. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
(a) He buys a generic uniform and sews stripes onto the cuffs.
(b) He steals one from a pilot's luggage.
(c) He calls Pan Am and tells them his uniform is stolen.
(d) He buys one from a uniform supply store.
4. What is "deadheading"?
(a) Failing to pay a credit card bill.
(b) Forging a check.
(c) Tricking a teacher or school with a fake note.
(d) Getting a free ride in the cockpit of an airplane.
5. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is not good at learning new things.
(b) He never gets his high school diploma.
(c) He is a wanted criminal.
(d) He is too young to get a good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
2. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
3. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
4. What does Frank learn from watching his father's business dealings?
5. What event in his personal life serves as the trigger for Frank to become a juvenile delinquent?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)