|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
(a) He gets along better with his father than his mother.
(b) He pities his father, who still loves his mother.
(c) He does not want to live with his siblings.
(d) He is angry with his mother for moving out.
2. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(b) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(c) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(d) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
3. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
(a) He is a wanted criminal.
(b) He is too young to get a good job.
(c) He is not good at learning new things.
(d) He never gets his high school diploma.
4. Where does a deadheading pilot sit on a plane?
(a) In the copilot's seat.
(b) In a jumpseat in the cockpit.
(c) In an extra seat in coach.
(d) In an extra seat in first class.
5. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
(a) He is still a juvenile.
(b) He does not committed a violent crime.
(c) He does not steal very much money.
(d) He does not realize what he does is illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
2. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
3. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
4. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
5. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)