|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) His freedom is restricted.
(b) There is nothing to do for fun.
(c) There are no girls.
(d) He misses his family.
2. Why does Frank have a checking account?
(a) He starts his own account when he gets his first job.
(b) He has to have a checking account to get a job.
(c) His father sets one up for him a year earlier.
(d) He never has a checking account; he only pretends he does.
3. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
(a) Truancy from school.
(b) His arrest for stealing a car.
(c) His credit card scheme.
(d) Forging a check.
4. How does Frank find out about airline procedures and routines?
(a) He hangs out in the airport and watches what flight crews do.
(b) He reads Pan Am's travel brochures.
(c) He poses as a high school reporter and interviews a captain.
(d) He starts his con and learns as he goes along.
5. Who is the first victim of Frank's cons?
(a) His friends.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
2. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
3. What con does Frank commit at the very beginning of the book?
4. What is "deadheading"?
5. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)