|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
(a) There is nothing to do for fun.
(b) His freedom is restricted.
(c) There are no girls.
(d) He misses his family.
2. Why does Frank want to deadhead on a flight out of New York City?
(a) He wants to see the world.
(b) He suspects the police are looking for him.
(c) He has to in order to be believable as a pilot.
(d) He wants to visit relatives in another city.
3. How old is Frank when he leaves home?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
4. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
(b) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
(c) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
(d) He loses his job and is unemployed.
5. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
(b) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(c) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(d) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank earn his father's trust?
2. Why does Frank think he doesn't get in much trouble if he is caught?
3. Where does Frank get the Pan Am logo for his I.D. card?
4. How is Frank affected by his parents' divorce?
5. How does Frank earn a living when he first runs away from home?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)