|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "The Pilot".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the tone of the first chapter, how does Frank feels about the choices he makes?
(a) He feels ashamed about betraying his father's trust.
(b) He dreams about other paths he takes.
(c) He is proud of his resourcefulness.
(d) He deeply regrets ever turning to crime.
2. How does Frank get his pilot's license?
(a) He has a plaque made and then has the plaque copied.
(b) He forges one himself using a typewriter.
(c) He buys one from a company that prints licenses.
(d) He steals one from a pilot and adds his own name.
3. Why does Frank tell the sales representative that he needs to order 200 I.D. cards when he really only needs one for himself?
(a) So that the salesman believes him.
(b) He wants to keep a few extras just in case.
(c) At first he thinks he needs 200 cards.
(d) He plans to sell ID cards to other criminals.
4. What impression might a reader form about Frank's character from the first chapter?
(a) He does not like to have to think anything through.
(b) He likes to follow the rules and play by the book.
(c) He likes to find creative ways to avoid following the rules.
(d) He is very greedy and dreams of having many possessions.
5. Why does Frank decide to live with his father?
(a) He gets along better with his father than his mother.
(b) He is angry with his mother for moving out.
(c) He pities his father, who still loves his mother.
(d) He does not want to live with his siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's biggest complaint about the reformatory?
2. What does Frank tell the Pan Am stores clerk about what happens to his wings and hat emblem?
3. How does Frank feel about being sent to reform school?
4. What does Frank decide to do to make it possible for him to cash more bad checks?
5. How does Frank get a Pan Am uniform?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)