Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does deadheading to Dallas give Frank a nervous moment?
(a) The stewardess asks if he knows a Pan Am pilot who she flies with.
(b) He learns that Pan Am does not fly out of Dallas.
(c) He does not know the answers to questions the pilots ask on the way.
(d) The Dallas FAA tower becomes suspicious of Frank.
2. How does Frank's father's financial situation change during the first chapter?
(a) He rises from his job as a postal clerk to become a businessman.
(b) He leaves his job as a businessman and becomes a politician.
(c) He goes from being a businessman to being a postal clerk.
(d) He loses his job and is unemployed.
3. How does Frank find a place to stay after he runs away?
(a) He becomes homeless and has to live on the streets.
(b) He puts his apartment rent on his credit card bill.
(c) He forges checks to pay for hotel rooms.
(d) He convinces a friend's parents that he is an orphan.
4. Why does Frank's plan work?
(a) Because it relies on the kindness of strangers.
(b) Because it is so simple.
(c) Because it is impossible to detect.
(d) Because it is so brazen.
5. How does Frank avoid leaving a trail at his apartment building?
(a) He pays cash and never wears his uniform there.
(b) He pays his rent with a nonexistent checking account.
(c) He uses money orders and cashier's checks.
(d) He never pays his rent but moves out when the rent is due.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
2. What skills does Frank have that serve him well if he goes back to school?
3. Why does Frank have a checking account?
4. What mistake does Frank's father have expunged from Frank's record?
5. Why can't Frank earn a decent living at an ordinary job?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)