|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Does This Tab Include the Tip?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank pay for his hotel bill while he is traveling as a pilot?
(a) He uses a phony check.
(b) He has the hotels bill Pan Am for his rooms.
(c) He uses a real check from an overdrawn account.
(d) He uses a Pan Am check that he forges.
2. How do the French police locate Frank?
(a) Frank's grandparents turn him in for his own good.
(b) They receive a tip from an Air France flight attendant.
(c) They follow a paper trail of forged checks.
(d) The FBI tell them where to find Frank.
3. Why is it so hard for the FBI to find out anything about Frank?
(a) His checks are very good forgeries.
(b) None of their usual informants know who he is.
(c) He is very average-looking and no one can describe him.
(d) The phony checks are never left in the same place twice.
4. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
(a) Because Frank commits the crimes for which he is tried.
(b) Because Frank is being treated exactly like the French prisoners.
(c) Because Frank also commits crimes in the United States.
(d) Because Frank is not behaving well in prison.
5. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
(a) He takes it when she is not paying attention.
(b) He photocopies it for her.
(c) He tells her that it is evidence in a prosecution.
(d) He tells her that he gives it back later.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank test out what he learns about airline terms and procedures?
2. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
3. Why doesn't Frank call his parents when he returns to New York?
4. Which of the following groups of people is NOT conned by Frank?
5. Why does Frank refuse a job in his friend Armand's vineyards?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)