Chapter 1, "The Fledgling"
* Frank's parents divorce and he goes to live with his father.
* Frank becomes a juvenile delinquent, starting with running up a large credit card bill that he cannot pay.
* Frank is sent to a reformatory, and when he comes back, he finds out that his father loses his job and becomes a postal clerk.
Chapter 2, "The Pilot"
* Frank runs away from home at the age of 16 and begins to support himself by cashing checks on an overdrawn account.
* Frank finds out that pilots can cash checks anywhere.
* Frank supplies himself with a pilot's uniform, an I.D. card, and a pilot's license.
Chapter 3, "Fly a Crooked Sky"
* Frank realizes he does not know enough to bluff his way onto a plane as a pilot, even if he is only going to ride in the jumpseat.
* Frank does more research...
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)