|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
2. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
3. What did Bob decide to do before leaving Jamaica?
4. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
5. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
2. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
3. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
4. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
5. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
6. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
7. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
8. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
9. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
10. What happened to the Wailers in England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)