|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
2. Why would Bob need to sponsor Rita?
3. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
4. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
5. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
2. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
3. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
4. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
5. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
6. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
7. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
8. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
9. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
10. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout Marley's biography to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
Which people are present in Marley's biography as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these people labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)