|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
2. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
3. Who suggested that Marley and Johnny Nash go to Sweden in 1970?
4. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
5. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
2. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
3. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
4. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
5. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
6. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
7. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
8. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
9. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
10. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)