|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his funeral, why was Omeriah's body reversed?
2. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
3. What did Bob decide to do before leaving Jamaica?
4. Whose jealousy became apparent during the Wailers' tour?
5. What did Bob show no desire to do after Omeriah's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
2. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
3. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
4. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
5. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
6. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
7. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
8. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
9. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
10. What happened to the Wailers in England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which people are present in Marley's biography as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these people labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the Wailers so successful? How did their music influence the Jamaican people?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)