|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bob's godmother offend the family?
2. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
3. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
4. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
5. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
2. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
3. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
4. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
5. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
6. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
7. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
8. What happened to the Wailers in England?
9. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
10. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
Essay Topic 2
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How would Bob's life story be different if Bob's father had not abandoned Cedella and Bob?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)