|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who still frequented Island House, despite developing his own work?
2. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
3. Why were Marley's new songs a marvel?
4. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
5. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
2. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
3. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
4. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
5. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
6. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
7. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
8. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
9. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
10. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 3
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the biography be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)