|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
2. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
3. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
4. What did Bob show no desire to do after Omeriah's death?
5. Who eventually took over the house at 56 Hope Road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
2. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
3. What happened to the Wailers in England?
4. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
5. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
6. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
7. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
8. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
9. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
10. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this biography and detail its recurrences throughout the book. What does it add to Marley's biography? How does it affect the different individuals in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)