|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bob's godmother offend the family?
2. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
3. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
4. How did Bob's mother feel about his desire to return to the ghetto and the music industry?
5. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
2. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
3. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
4. What happened to the Wailers in England?
5. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
6. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
7. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
8. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
9. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
10. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this biography and detail its recurrences throughout the book. What does it add to Marley's biography? How does it affect the different individuals in his life?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Catch a Fire"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)