|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
2. What news did Bob break to his mother in stages?
3. Who died at the shooting at Island House in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
4. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
5. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
2. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
3. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
4. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
5. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
6. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
7. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
8. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
9. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
10. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)