|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who still frequented Island House, despite developing his own work?
2. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
3. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
4. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
5. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
2. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
3. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
4. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
5. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
6. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
7. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
8. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
9. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
10. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)