|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What record company gained the rights to "Catch a Fire"?
2. In what year did the Wailers tour England the United States to promote "Catch a Fire"?
3. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
4. What religion did Rita convert to?
5. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
2. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
3. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
4. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
5. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
6. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
7. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
8. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
9. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
10. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
Essay Topic 3
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)