|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bob invited to visit in a letter he received in February?
2. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
3. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
4. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
5. Why were Marley's new songs a marvel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
2. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
3. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
4. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
5. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
6. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
7. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
8. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
9. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
10. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols used throughout Marley's biography to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)