|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
2. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
3. What did Bob dream about on September 10, 1964 that caused him to wake with severe chest pain?
4. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
5. When rumors spread that Bob Marley was dead, how did he prove that he was back on top?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
2. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
3. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
4. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
5. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
6. What happened to the Wailers in England?
7. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
8. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
9. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
10. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 3
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)