|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bob's godmother offend the family?
2. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
3. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
4. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
5. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
2. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
3. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
4. What happened to the Wailers in England?
5. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
6. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
7. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
8. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
9. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
10. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
Essay Topic 3
How would Bob's life story be different if Bob's father had not abandoned Cedella and Bob?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)