|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
2. In what year did the Wailers tour England the United States to promote "Catch a Fire"?
3. What did the band do when they were not rehearing or recording?
4. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
5. What news did Bob break to his mother in stages?
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Catch a Fire"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the biography be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)