|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
2. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
3. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
4. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
5. What religion did Rita convert to?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
2. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
3. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
4. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
5. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
6. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
7. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
8. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
9. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
10. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social events played a role in Bob Marley's life? How did these affect his private and professional life?
Essay Topic 2
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
Essay Topic 3
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)