|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
2. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
3. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
4. Who did the London Rastas put Marley in touch with while he was in England?
5. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
2. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
3. What happened to the Wailers in England?
4. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
5. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
6. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
7. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
8. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
9. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
10. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)