|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
2. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
3. Where did Cedella decide to move in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
5. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
2. In what way does Marley's death still manage to contribute to the music industry?
3. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
5. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
6. What happened on February 6, 1945?
7. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
8. What happened to Rita after Marley's death?
9. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
10. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)