|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was special about Tafari's ring?
2. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
3. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
4. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
5. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
2. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
3. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
4. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
5. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
6. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
7. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
8. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
9. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
10. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols used throughout Marley's biography to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)