|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
2. What did Bob tell his mother about his career goals in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
3. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
5. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
2. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
3. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
4. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
5. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
6. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
7. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
8. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
9. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
10. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 3
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)