|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
2. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
3. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
4. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
5. What was the name of Rita's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
2. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
3. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
4. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
5. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
6. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
7. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
8. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
9. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
10. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Bob Marley and Haile Selassie.
Essay Topic 3
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the biography be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)