|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
2. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
3. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
4. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
5. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
2. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
3. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
4. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
5. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
6. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
7. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
8. How did Bob start to promote his records?
9. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
10. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social events played a role in Bob Marley's life? How did these affect his private and professional life?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols used throughout Marley's biography to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)