|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
2. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
3. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
4. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
5. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
2. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
3. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
4. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
5. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
6. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
7. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
8. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
9. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
10. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the Wailers so successful? How did their music influence the Jamaican people?
Essay Topic 2
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)