|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
2. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
3. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
4. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
5. Who did Cedella greet at Captain Marley's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
2. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
3. What happened on February 6, 1945?
4. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
5. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
6. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
7. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
8. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
9. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
10. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)