|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
2. How did Captain Marley die?
3. Where did Cedella decide to move in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
5. Who did Cedella greet at Captain Marley's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
2. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
3. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
4. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
5. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
6. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
7. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
8. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
9. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
10. How did Bob start to promote his records?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)