|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
2. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
3. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
4. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
5. What did Bob tell his mother about his career goals in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
2. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
3. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
4. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
5. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
6. How did Bob start to promote his records?
7. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
8. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
9. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
10. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this biography and detail its recurrences throughout the book. What does it add to Marley's biography? How does it affect the different individuals in his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Catch a Fire"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)