|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
3. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
4. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
5. What was Cedella's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
2. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
3. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
4. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
5. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
6. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
7. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
8. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
9. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
10. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the Wailers so successful? How did their music influence the Jamaican people?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)