|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
2. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
3. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
4. Who did Bob push his music on?
5. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
2. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
3. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
4. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
5. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
6. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
7. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
8. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
9. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
10. What happened to Rita after Marley's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social events played a role in Bob Marley's life? How did these affect his private and professional life?
Essay Topic 2
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the biography be different if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)