|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was a girl in Bob's culture seen if she was not pregnant by the time she was out of her teens?
2. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
3. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
4. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
5. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
2. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
3. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
4. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
5. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
6. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
7. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
8. What happened on February 6, 1945?
9. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
10. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 2
How would Bob's life story be different if Bob's father had not abandoned Cedella and Bob?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Catch a Fire"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)