|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
2. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
3. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
4. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
5. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
2. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
3. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
4. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
5. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
6. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
7. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
8. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
9. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
10. How did Bob start to promote his records?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this biography and detail its recurrences throughout the book. What does it add to Marley's biography? How does it affect the different individuals in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What social events played a role in Bob Marley's life? How did these affect his private and professional life?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the Wailers so successful? How did their music influence the Jamaican people?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)