|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
3. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
4. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
5. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
2. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
3. How did Bob start to promote his records?
4. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
5. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
6. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
7. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
8. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
9. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
10. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
Essay Topic 1
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 2
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)