|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
2. What was Cedella's nickname?
3. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
4. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
5. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
2. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
3. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
4. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
5. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
6. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
7. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
8. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
9. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
10. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Bob Marley and Haile Selassie.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)