|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was special about Tafari's ring?
2. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
3. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
4. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
5. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
2. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
3. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
4. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
5. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
6. How did Bob start to promote his records?
7. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
8. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
9. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
10. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
Essay Topic 3
Which people are present in Marley's biography as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these people labeled in this way?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)