|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
2. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
3. Where did Cedella decide to move in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
5. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
2. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
3. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
4. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
5. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
6. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
7. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
8. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
9. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
10. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Bob Marley and Haile Selassie.
Essay Topic 2
How does Bob Marley's life and death affect the music industry? What permanent changes are made? What changes are temporary? Who is influenced by Bob Marley's career?
Essay Topic 3
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)