|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
2. What was the name of the influential music producer that Bob met in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
3. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
4. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
5. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
2. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
3. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
4. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
5. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
6. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
7. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
8. What happened on February 6, 1945?
9. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
10. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 2
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)