|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
2. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
3. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
4. What happened when Rita stayed the night with Bob?
5. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
2. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
3. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
4. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
5. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
6. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
7. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
8. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
9. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
10. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this biography and detail its recurrences throughout the book. What does it add to Marley's biography? How does it affect the different individuals in his life?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)