Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
3. What was the name of Rita's daughter?
4. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
5. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
2. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
3. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
4. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
5. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
6. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
7. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
8. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
9. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
10. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 2
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)