Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
3. What was the name of Rita's daughter?
4. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
5. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
2. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
3. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
4. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
5. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
6. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
7. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
8. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
9. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
10. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
Essay Topic 1
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Which people are present in Marley's biography as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these people labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Catch a Fire"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)