|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
2. What happened when Rita stayed the night with Bob?
3. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
4. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
5. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
2. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
3. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
4. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
5. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
6. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
7. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
8. How did Bob start to promote his records?
9. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
10. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Cedella and Rita. How are their relationships with Bob Marley similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)