|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
2. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
3. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
4. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
5. When was Ras Tafari born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
2. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
3. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
4. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
5. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
6. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
7. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
8. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
9. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
10. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 2
Which people are present in Marley's biography as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these people labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)