|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cedella lose her case?
2. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
3. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
4. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
5. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
2. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
3. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
4. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
5. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
6. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
7. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
8. What happened on February 6, 1945?
9. What happened to Rita after Marley's death?
10. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Catch a Fire"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting of this biography important? How would Bob's life have been different if he had been raised in a different location?
Essay Topic 3
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the biography be different if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)