|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
2. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
3. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
4. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
5. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
2. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
3. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
4. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
5. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
6. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
7. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
8. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
9. What happened on February 6, 1945?
10. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bob and Rita's relationship and marriage affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
Which people are present in Marley's biography as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these people labeled in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the Wailers so successful? How did their music influence the Jamaican people?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)