|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
2. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
3. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
4. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
5. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
2. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
3. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
4. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
5. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
6. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
7. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
8. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
9. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
10. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does mysticism play in Marley's biography? How do mystic events affect Bob's life and career?
Essay Topic 2
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this biography and detail its recurrences throughout the book. What does it add to Marley's biography? How does it affect the different individuals in his life?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)