|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
2. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
3. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
4. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
5. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
2. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
3. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
4. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
5. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
6. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
7. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
8. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
9. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
10. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Bob Marley and Haile Selassie.
Essay Topic 3
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)