|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
2. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
3. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
4. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
5. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
2. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
3. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
4. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
5. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
6. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
7. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
8. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
9. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
10. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class have in "Catch a Fire"? What different classes are represented and by which people? How does social class affect the Wailers' success?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of music in this book? What events are driven by Bob's career in the music industry? How are people viewed based on their involvement in the music industry?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)