|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
2. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
3. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
4. What did Marley call himself?
5. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
2. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
3. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
4. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
5. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
6. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
7. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
8. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
9. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
10. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What social events played a role in Bob Marley's life? How did these affect his private and professional life?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Catch a Fire" as a biography. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical biography? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a biography? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a biography?
Essay Topic 3
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)