|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
2. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
3. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
4. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
5. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
2. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
3. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
5. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
6. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
7. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
8. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
9. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
10. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
Essay Topic 1
How did Bob Marley change throughout his life? Detail the changes he made and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How is religion portrayed in "Catch a Fire"? How does Rastafarianism affect Bob's life and career? Are these changes positive or negative, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How did the people Marley knows affect his life? How would his life have be different if he had never met some of these people?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)