|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Rita convert to?
2. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
(a) The pending civil war.
(b) The state of the country at the time.
3. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
(a) No one.
(c) Dr. Issels.
(d) Prophet Gad.
4. Where was Bob invited to visit in a letter he received in February?
(a) New York.
(d) Nine Miles.
5. What did "Rude Boy" describe?
(a) Intercourse with many women.
(b) Religious repression.
(c) The discontent found on the Jamaican streets.
(d) A rebellious teenage boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
2. Who cut ties with the Wailers after his girlfriend was killed in a car accident after leaving Island House?
3. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
4. As Rita wondered if Selassie is the True God, what did he do?
5. After Bunny was released from prison, who did Marley look to produce with in Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
2. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
3. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
4. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
5. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
6. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
7. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
8. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
9. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
10. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)