|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
(a) That he would not be as good as he once was.
(b) No rumors circulated about Marley upon his return to Jamaica.
(c) That he would be better than ever before.
(d) That he was dead.
2. Why would Bob need to sponsor Rita?
(a) If she chose to adopt a child.
(b) If he liked America.
(c) If she developed an alcohol addiction.
(d) If she became addicted to marijuana.
3. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Leslie Kong.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
4. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
(a) It was a huge success.
(b) It was released after Bob's death.
(c) It was a gigantic failure.
(d) It was never released.
5. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
(a) Rita leaving Bob.
(b) Bob Marley's early demise.
(c) Rita's career in music.
(d) Bob's increased popularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Marley's new songs a marvel?
2. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
3. Whose jealousy became apparent during the Wailers' tour?
4. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
5. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
2. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
3. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
4. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
5. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
6. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
7. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
8. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
9. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
10. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)