|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
(a) For murdering his wife.
(b) For stealing food for his children.
(c) For marijuana possession.
(d) For fighting another band.
2. Who wanted Marley's ring from Wossen after Marley's death?
(a) Prophet Gad.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
3. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
(a) The pending civil war.
(b) The state of the country at the time.
4. What record company gained the rights to "Catch a Fire"?
(a) Island Records.
(b) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(c) JAD and Cayman Music.
(d) Jamaican Records.
5. Where did Cedella go to see Marley play?
(b) New York.
(c) Nine Miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
2. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
3. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
4. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
5. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
2. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
3. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
4. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
5. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
6. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
7. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
8. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
9. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
10. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)