|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Island Records.
(b) Jamaican Records.
(c) JAD and Cayman Music.
(d) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
2. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Chris Blackwell.
(c) Peter Sims.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
3. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
4. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
(a) His sister.
(b) His godmother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
5. At his funeral, why was Omeriah's body reversed?
(a) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
(b) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
(c) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(d) To prevent more deaths in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
2. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
3. Who purchased a house in Kingston in the early 1970s in order to get some Jamaican roots?
4. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
5. Who went to the airport to see Selassie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
2. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
3. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
4. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
5. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
6. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
7. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
8. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
9. What happened to the Wailers in England?
10. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)