|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Wailers sent to stimulate some interest in the label and music in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
2. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Leslie Kong.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Peter Sims.
3. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
(a) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(b) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
(c) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(d) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
4. What kind of car did Bob Marley drive in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(a) A Jaguar.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A BMW.
5. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) The Wailers disbanded when Bob leaves Jamaica.
(d) Peter Tosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
2. Who did Cedella marry in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
3. Who went to the airport to see Selassie?
4. In what year did the Wailers tour England the United States to promote "Catch a Fire"?
5. How did Bob's godmother offend the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
2. How did The Wailers change in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
3. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
4. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
5. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
6. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
7. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
8. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
9. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
10. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)