|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
(a) They wanted to become more popular than Marley.
(b) They wanted to leave the Wailers.
(c) They were looking for more money.
(d) They did not record singles with Dodd individually.
2. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(b) Tuff Gong.
(c) Jamaican Records.
(d) JAD and Cayman Music.
3. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(a) Captain Marley.
4. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A new silver BMW.
(b) A platinum album.
(c) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
(d) A house in Jamaica.
5. At his funeral, why was Omeriah's body reversed?
(a) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(b) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
(c) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(d) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
2. Who wanted Marley's ring from Wossen after Marley's death?
3. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
4. Who were the two new additions to Marley's house in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
5. Who had left the Wailers by Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
2. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
3. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
4. What happened to the Wailers in England?
5. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
6. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
7. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
8. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
9. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
10. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)