|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
(a) Rita's career in music.
(b) Rita leaving Bob.
(c) Bob Marley's early demise.
(d) Bob's increased popularity.
2. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
(b) A platinum album.
(c) A house in Jamaica.
(d) A new silver BMW.
3. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
(a) To prevent upheaval.
(b) To scare the Wailers.
(c) This did not occur.
(d) To break up fights.
4. Who died at the shooting at Island House in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(a) No one.
5. How did Bob's mother feel about his desire to return to the ghetto and the music industry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the two new additions to Marley's house in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
2. Who did Cedella marry in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
3. What did Bob dream about on September 10, 1964 that caused him to wake with severe chest pain?
4. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
5. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
2. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
3. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
4. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
5. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
6. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
7. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
8. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
9. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
10. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)