|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Cedella marry in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
(a) Edward Booker.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Captain Marley.
2. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
3. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His band.
(d) Her daughter.
4. Where was Cedella when Bob dreamed in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) The store.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Sitting next to him.
(d) At work.
5. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Jamaican Records.
(b) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(c) Island Records.
(d) JAD and Cayman Music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Rita convert to?
2. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
3. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
4. How did Bob's mother feel about his desire to return to the ghetto and the music industry?
5. What concert was Bob asked to do that would be sponsored by the Jamaican Ministry of Culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
2. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
3. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
4. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
5. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
6. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
7. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
8. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
9. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
10. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)