|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Wailers tour England the United States to promote "Catch a Fire"?
2. At his funeral, why was Omeriah's body reversed?
(a) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
(b) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(c) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(d) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
3. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
(a) His godmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His grandfather.
4. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Winston Matthews.
5. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Leslie Kong.
(c) Peter Sims.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
2. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
3. What group did Marley join that Prophet Gad was also a part of?
4. After Bunny was released from prison, who did Marley look to produce with in Kingston?
5. Where did Cedella go to see Marley play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
2. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
3. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
4. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
5. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
6. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
7. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
8. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
9. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
10. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)