|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
(a) His last record has been a failure.
(b) Omeriah has died.
(c) Nothing unusual.
(d) Cedella lost her baby in childbirth.
2. Where was Cedella when Bob dreamed in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) Sitting next to him.
(b) The store.
(c) At work.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
(a) The Wailers.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The police.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
4. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
(a) One Love Peace Concert.
(b) Rasta-Jammin' Concert.
(c) Smile Jamaica Concert.
(d) Island Friends Concert.
5. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
(a) To scare the Wailers.
(b) To break up fights.
(c) This did not occur.
(d) To prevent upheaval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Rita convert to?
2. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
3. Where were the Wailers sent to stimulate some interest in the label and music in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
4. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
5. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
2. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
3. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
4. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
5. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
6. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
7. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
8. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
9. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
10. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)