|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the producer of "The Best of the Wailers"?
(a) He was paralyzed in a car accident the next day.
(b) He died of a massive heart attack at thirty-eight years old.
(c) Nothing unusual.
(d) He succeeded at all of his future ventures.
2. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
(a) Bob Marley's early demise.
(b) Rita's career in music.
(c) Bob's increased popularity.
(d) Rita leaving Bob.
3. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His godmother.
4. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(d) Captain Marley.
5. When did Haile Selassie visit Jamaica?
(a) Before Bob Marley went to Delaware
(c) After Bob Marley returned from Delaware.
(d) While Bob Marley was still living in Delaware.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
2. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
3. How did Bob's godmother offend the family?
4. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
5. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marley's illness progress until his death?
2. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
3. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
4. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
5. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
6. Describe Rita's meeting with Haile Selassie.
7. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
8. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
9. What happened at the Wailers' show on December 25, 1964?
10. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)