|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died at the shooting at Island House in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(c) No one.
2. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
(a) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(b) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
(c) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(d) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
3. What happened to the producer of "The Best of the Wailers"?
(a) Nothing unusual.
(b) He was paralyzed in a car accident the next day.
(c) He succeeded at all of his future ventures.
(d) He died of a massive heart attack at thirty-eight years old.
4. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His wife.
(c) His bed.
(d) His body.
5. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
(a) The pending civil war.
(b) The state of the country at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
2. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
3. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
4. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
5. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
2. How did Marley disprove rumors that he would not be as good as he once was when he returned to Jamaica?
3. What did Marley dream of on September 10, 1964, and what did this seem to be related to?
4. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
5. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
6. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
7. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
8. What happened during the Wailers' tour in America to promote "Catch a Fire"?
9. How did Bob tell Cedella about his marriage?
10. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)