|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Rita convert to?
2. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
(a) That he would be better than ever before.
(b) That he would not be as good as he once was.
(c) No rumors circulated about Marley upon his return to Jamaica.
(d) That he was dead.
3. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) Peter Tosh.
4. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
(a) They wanted to leave the Wailers.
(b) They wanted to become more popular than Marley.
(c) They were looking for more money.
(d) They did not record singles with Dodd individually.
5. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
(a) Marley Manor.
(b) Jamaican House.
(c) Spliff House.
(d) Island House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
2. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
3. What did Jamaicans fear which caused them to hide inside on July 7, 1977?
4. After Bunny was released from prison, who did Marley look to produce with in Kingston?
5. Who died at the shooting at Island House in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
2. What happened to the Wailers in England?
3. Describe what happened at Island House in Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit".
4. What happened during Marley's meeting with Crown Prince Asfa Wossen?
5. What happened to Leslie Kong when he tried to re- release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
6. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
7. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
8. What occurred during the Third Annual Independence Parade in Kingston?
9. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
10. After Marley returned to Jamaica, how did the Wailers afford their recordings?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)