|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
(a) Rita's career in music.
(b) Bob Marley's early demise.
(c) Rita leaving Bob.
(d) Bob's increased popularity.
2. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(b) JAD and Cayman Music.
(c) Tuff Gong.
(d) Jamaican Records.
3. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A new silver BMW.
(b) A house in Jamaica.
(c) A platinum album.
(d) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
4. How did Bob's mother feel about his desire to return to the ghetto and the music industry?
5. Who wanted Marley's ring from Wossen after Marley's death?
(b) Prophet Gad.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had left the Wailers by Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
2. According to Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit", who was always the last to bed and first to rise in the house?
3. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
4. What did "Rude Boy" describe?
5. When rumors spread that Bob Marley was dead, how did he prove that he was back on top?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did "Rude Boy" describe and why was it popular?
2. How did Marley get in a bad situation which culminates with a shooting before the "Smile Jamaica" concert?
3. What caused Peter and Bunny to withdraw further from the Wailers in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
4. How was the house at 56 Hope Road significant?
5. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
6. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
7. What did the Wailers do while Marley is in Delaware?
8. Describe the interaction between Bob and Cedella in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic".
9. How was "Catch a Fire" released, and how was it received?
10. What did Marley dream about while in Delaware?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)