|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A hot sliver of metal.
(d) A bug.
2. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) The access to the upper-class.
(b) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
(c) The musical industry.
(d) The superior education system.
3. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
(a) Pearl, her sister.
(c) Captain Marley, her husband.
(d) Omeriah, her father.
4. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) In order to find a husband.
(b) She did not decide to relocate.
(c) Because they were evicted from their home.
(d) In order to save money for Bob's education.
5. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
(b) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(c) It never left his hand.
(d) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
2. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
3. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
4. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
5. Why was a pact made to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
2. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
3. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
4. What happened on February 6, 1945?
5. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
6. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
7. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
8. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
9. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
10. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)