|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
(a) To file for divorce from Captain Marley.
(b) To get a new copy of Bob's birth certificate.
(c) To file a formal complaint that he remarried without first divorcing her.
(d) To obtain a marriage license to marry Toddy Livingston.
2. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He hits the man.
(b) He cries.
(c) He faints.
(d) He runs away.
3. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
4. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
5. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(b) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
(c) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
(d) It never left his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
2. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
3. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
4. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
5. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
2. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
3. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
4. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
5. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
6. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
7. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
8. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
9. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
10. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)