|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
2. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
(a) Captain Marley.
(c) This is not specified.
(d) Captain Marley's wealthy nephew.
3. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it appealed to the poor.
(b) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(c) Because it was their native religion.
(d) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
4. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
5. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He hits the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
2. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
3. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
4. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
5. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
2. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
3. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
4. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
5. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
6. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
7. How did Bob start to promote his records?
8. What happened on February 6, 1945?
9. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
10. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)