|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
(a) Nothing unusual existed on his palms.
(b) A stigmata.
(d) A tattoo.
2. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He does not believe her child is really his.
(b) He is cheating on her.
(c) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(d) He has a wife in another country.
3. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
4. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
(a) Bob would never beat up the winners!
(b) It increased.
(c) It decreased.
(d) The Wailers did not lose a contest.
5. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
2. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
3. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
4. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
5. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
2. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
3. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
4. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
5. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
6. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
7. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
8. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
9. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
10. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)