|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
2. How did Captain Marley die?
(a) From old age.
(b) From a car accident.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From a heart attack.
3. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Robert Marley.
(b) Nesta Roberts.
(c) Haile Selassie I.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
4. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
(a) Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) Kingston, Jamaica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
2. What was Cedella's nickname?
3. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
4. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
5. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
2. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
3. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
4. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
5. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
6. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
7. What happened on February 6, 1945?
8. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
9. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
10. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)