|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He has a wife in another country.
(b) He is cheating on her.
(c) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(d) He does not believe her child is really his.
2. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Norval Marley.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
3. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
4. What was Cedella's nickname?
5. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Cedella Marley.
(c) Ziggy Marley.
(d) Rita Anderson Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
2. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
3. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
4. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
5. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
2. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
3. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
4. How were Jamaican mystic beliefs on display during Omeriah's funeral?
5. What happened on February 6, 1945?
6. How did Bob's godmother offend the family during Omeriah's wake, and what did this indicate?
7. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
8. How did Rita lead Bob to convert to Rastafarianism?
9. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
10. When and why did Marley decide to marry Rita?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)