|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
2. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Composing songs.
(b) His apprenticeship.
(c) Applying to colleges.
3. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
(b) Captain Marley, her husband.
(c) Pearl, her sister.
(d) Omeriah, her father.
4. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Toddy Livingston.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Captain Norval Marley.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
5. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Peter Tosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bob push his music on?
2. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
3. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
4. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
5. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
2. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
3. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
4. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
5. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
6. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
7. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
8. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
9. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
10. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)