|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
2. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
(a) Toward Nine Miles.
(b) Toward Wilmington.
(c) Toward Trench Town.
(d) Toward Whitfield Town.
3. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Twenty-one years old.
(d) Nineteen years old.
4. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Bob Marley.
5. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
(b) It never left his hand.
(c) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(d) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who formed a group called the Soulettes?
2. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
3. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
4. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
5. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
2. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
3. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
4. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
5. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
6. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
7. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
8. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
9. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
10. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)