|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Cedella's nickname?
2. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(b) He refuses to marry her.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because the law demands it.
3. Who started to promote Bob's records in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
4. Who did Cedella greet at Captain Marley's home?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) His new wife.
5. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Norval Marley.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Bob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
2. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
3. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
4. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
5. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
2. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
3. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
4. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
5. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
6. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
7. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
8. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
9. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
10. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)