|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
(a) His older sister.
(b) His elder cousin.
2. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Kingston, Jamaica.
(c) Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(d) Wilmington, Delaware.
3. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(c) Nine Miles.
(d) Trench Town.
4. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
(a) They did not need Captain Marley anyway.
(b) Bob did not tell his mother not to worry.
(c) Karma would repay Captain Marley.
(d) Captain Marley was going to die soon anyway.
5. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
(a) Cedella Marley.
(b) Ziggy Marley.
(c) Rita Anderson Marley.
(d) Bob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
2. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
3. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
4. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
5. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
2. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
3. What happened on February 6, 1945?
4. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
5. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
6. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
7. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
8. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
9. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
10. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)