|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(b) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(c) His friendships with women.
(d) His supernatural powers.
2. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Captain Marley.
3. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
(a) Bad spirits.
(b) Drunken neighbors.
(c) Friendly ghosts.
(d) Angry insects.
4. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
(a) Because the producer has refused to pay him.
(b) Because another producer offers more money.
(c) Bob does not break ties with Kong.
(d) Because Kong is rude to Cedella.
5. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
(a) Bob's music did not start to catch on.
(b) Because Bob forced everyone he knows to promote his music.
(c) Because it appealed to the rich, upper-class people in Jamaica.
(d) Because it appealed to the newly-independent people of Jamaica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
3. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
4. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
5. What happened when Rita stayed the night with Bob?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
2. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
3. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
4. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
5. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
6. What happened on February 6, 1945?
7. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
8. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
9. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
10. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)