|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
(a) Robert Nesta.
(b) Bobby Ray.
(d) Peter Bunny.
2. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
3. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
(a) He was having a good time.
(b) He was on his way home.
(c) He was lost in Kingston.
(d) They heard from Bob every couple days.
4. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Wailer.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The One.
(d) The Duppy Conqueror.
5. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Robert Marley.
(b) Haile Selassie I.
(c) Nesta Roberts.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
2. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
3. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
4. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
5. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
2. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
3. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
4. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
5. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
6. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
7. What happened on February 6, 1945?
8. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
9. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
10. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)