|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) A large castle in Egypt.
(b) The governorship of Harar.
(c) Control over nature.
(d) His family's money.
2. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
(a) In Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(b) In Brooklyn, New York.
(c) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) In Kingston, Jamaica.
3. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) His apprenticeship.
(c) Applying to colleges.
(d) Composing songs.
4. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
(a) Because Kong is rude to Cedella.
(b) Bob does not break ties with Kong.
(c) Because another producer offers more money.
(d) Because the producer has refused to pay him.
5. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
2. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
3. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
4. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
5. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
2. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
3. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
5. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
6. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
7. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
8. What circumstances led to Cedella moving away from Jamaica, and where did she move to?
9. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
10. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)