|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bob tell his mother about his career goals in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) That he wants to be a famous actor.
(b) That he is going to be a welder.
(c) That he has none.
(d) That he is going to start a musical career.
2. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(b) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
(c) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(d) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
3. What was Cedella's nickname?
4. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
5. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
(a) Prophet Gad.
(b) Jim Morrison.
(c) Ras Tafari.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
2. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
3. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
4. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
5. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
2. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
3. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
4. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
5. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
6. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
7. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
8. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
9. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
10. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)