|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
2. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Thirty years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
3. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
4. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) In order to find a husband.
(b) She did not decide to relocate.
(c) In order to save money for Bob's education.
(d) Because they were evicted from their home.
5. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Directly to school.
(b) To his own home.
(c) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
(d) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
2. Who formed a group called the Soulettes?
3. Who did Bob push his music on?
4. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
5. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
2. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
3. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
4. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
5. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
6. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
7. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
8. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
9. How and where did Cedella find Bob in Kingston?
10. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)