|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Toddy Livingston.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Captain Marley.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A record deal.
(c) More studio time.
(d) A free record.
3. Why was a pact made to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) Because he was a heretic.
(b) Because people were jealous of him.
(c) Because he was far too dangerous.
(d) No such pact was made.
4. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Haile Selassie I.
(c) Robert Marley.
(d) Nesta Roberts.
5. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(a) King James Bible.
(c) The Holy Piby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
2. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
3. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
4. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
5. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
2. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
3. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
4. What was the significance of Ras Tafari's ring?
5. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
6. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
7. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
8. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
9. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
10. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)