|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Ras Makonnen.
(c) Haile Selassie.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
2. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(a) A bug.
(c) A hot sliver of metal.
(d) A piece of glass.
3. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) Control over nature.
(b) His family's money.
(c) The governorship of Harar.
(d) A large castle in Egypt.
4. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
(a) Bobby Ray.
(b) Peter Bunny.
(d) Robert Nesta.
5. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
2. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
3. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
4. What did Marley call himself?
5. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
2. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
3. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
4. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
5. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
6. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
7. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
8. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
9. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
10. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)