|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(b) Jamaica broke into civil war.
(c) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
(d) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
2. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) Many priests and powerful people.
(b) World governments.
(d) No one.
3. What happened when Rita stayed the night with Bob?
(a) They never spoke again.
(b) She was attacked by the evil things he had described earlier.
(c) She was harassed by his nosy neighbors.
(d) They got married.
4. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It never left his hand.
(b) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
(c) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(d) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
5. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it was their native religion.
(b) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(c) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(d) Because it appealed to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
2. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
3. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
4. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
5. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bob cut his first recording, and what did he receive as payment?
2. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
3. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
4. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
5. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
6. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
7. How did Rita Anderson become involved with Bob Marley?
8. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
9. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
10. When did Ras Tafari change his name, and what did he change it to?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)