|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) Nothing unusual existed on his palms.
(d) A stigmata.
2. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He nearly dies.
(b) He learns to read.
(c) He begins to walk.
(d) He is kidnapped.
3. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Wailers.
(b) The Temptations.
(c) The Doors.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
5. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
2. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
3. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
4. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
5. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
2. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
3. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
4. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
5. How did Cedella meet and marry Captain Marley?
6. Why did the Wailers' music start to catch on?
7. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
8. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
9. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
10. How did Rastafarianism affect Jamaicans?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)