|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Cedella's nickname?
2. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
(a) A stigmata.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) Nothing unusual existed on his palms.
3. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
(a) Because the producer has refused to pay him.
(b) Because another producer offers more money.
(c) Bob does not break ties with Kong.
(d) Because Kong is rude to Cedella.
4. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
(b) Because he thought he was ugly.
(c) Because these were the people with power.
(d) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
5. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
2. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
3. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
4. What did Marley call himself?
5. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
2. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
3. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
4. Describe Bob's childhood as seen in Chapter 3, "Misty Morning".
5. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
6. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
7. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
8. How did Bob and Bunny react when radios become popular in their neighborhood?
9. Describe Ras Tafari's childhood.
10. Why did Bob go to the hospital, and what did he tell Cedella while he was there?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)