|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
2. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
3. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
4. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) Many priests and powerful people.
(c) World governments.
(d) No one.
5. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
2. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
3. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
4. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
5. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the connection between Haile Selassie and Rastafarianism?
2. Who was Omeriah Malcolm, and what did he think about Bob?
3. Why did Captain Marley write Cedella in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. What happened when Bob arrived in Kingston?
5. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse, what happened there and how did Bob respond?
6. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
7. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
8. What disturbed Bob and Rita's sleep at her place, and what was the result of this event?
9. Why did Cedella visit Captain Marley in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
10. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)