|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(b) He refuses to marry her.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because the law demands it.
2. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He hits the man.
3. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
(a) Women fawning all over them.
(b) Groupies to carry their equipment.
(c) Higher-quality recordings.
(d) More expensive instruments.
4. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
5. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
(a) He was on his way home.
(b) He was lost in Kingston.
(c) They heard from Bob every couple days.
(d) He was having a good time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
2. Why did Cedella lose her case?
3. What did Marley call himself?
4. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
5. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the members of the Wailers, and who offered them a contract?
2. What happened when Rita spent the night with Bob?
3. How did Bob Marley feel about the African people during the concert for Independence Day in Zimbabwe?
4. What role did sex play in Bob's life in Kingston?
5. What did Bob and Bunny learn in Kingston?
6. After returning to Nine Miles where did Cedella decide to move, and why?
7. Describe Bob Marley at age fourteen.
8. Who was Marcus Garvey, and why was he famous?
9. Why did Cedella decide to move to Trench Town, and how did Bob feel about the move?
10. What religious beliefs and symbols surrounded Ras Tafari?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)