|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bob dream about on September 10, 1964 that caused him to wake with severe chest pain?
(b) Nine Miles.
2. Where was Cedella when Bob dreamed in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) Sitting next to him.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) At work.
(d) The store.
3. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Island Records.
(b) JAD and Cayman Music.
(c) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(d) Jamaican Records.
4. In what year did the Wailers tour England the United States to promote "Catch a Fire"?
5. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His band.
6. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He was indifferent.
(c) He never went to Delaware.
(d) He hated it.
7. What did Bob decide to do before leaving Jamaica?
(a) Disband the Wailers.
(b) Marry Rita.
(c) Break up with Rita.
(d) Release one more record.
8. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
(a) It was a gigantic failure.
(b) It was released after Bob's death.
(c) It was never released.
(d) It was a huge success.
9. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
(a) As prophets.
(b) As useless.
(c) As a hindrance.
(d) As child bearers.
10. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) The Wailers disbanded when Bob leaves Jamaica.
11. What did Jamaicans fear which caused them to hide inside on July 7, 1977?
(a) The month of July.
(b) The number 7.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) The heat.
12. Where was Bob invited to visit in a letter he received in February?
(a) New York.
(d) Nine Miles.
13. What news did Bob break to his mother in stages?
(a) His parenthood.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His career in music.
(d) His decision to quit music.
14. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
(a) Marley Manor.
(b) Spliff House.
(c) Jamaican House.
(d) Island House.
15. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
2. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
3. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
4. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
5. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)