|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
(a) That he would not be as good as he once was.
(b) No rumors circulated about Marley upon his return to Jamaica.
(c) That he was dead.
(d) That he would be better than ever before.
2. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Peter Tosh.
3. Why would Bob need to sponsor Rita?
(a) If she chose to adopt a child.
(b) If she developed an alcohol addiction.
(c) If she became addicted to marijuana.
(d) If he liked America.
4. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Peter Sims.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
5. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) His band.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) Her daughter.
6. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
7. Why were Marley's new songs a marvel?
(a) Because they are highly personal but universal simultaneously.
(b) They are not.
(c) Because the music is so catchy.
(d) Because Peter Dodd actually approved of it.
8. Who cut ties with the Wailers after his girlfriend was killed in a car accident after leaving Island House?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Winston Matthews.
9. As Rita wondered if Selassie is the True God, what did he do?
(a) Smiled knowingly.
(b) Shook his head negatively.
(c) Looked at her and nod slowly.
(d) Laughed at her stupidity.
10. Where did Cedella go to see Marley play?
(b) New York.
(c) Nine Miles.
11. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
(a) For marijuana possession.
(b) For fighting another band.
(c) For murdering his wife.
(d) For stealing food for his children.
12. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
(a) The Wailers.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) The police.
(d) The Doors.
13. What concert was Bob asked to do that would be sponsored by the Jamaican Ministry of Culture?
(b) One Love Peace.
(c) Island Friends.
(d) Smile Jamaica.
14. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A platinum album.
(b) A house in Jamaica.
(c) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
(d) A new silver BMW.
15. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(c) Captain Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
2. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
3. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
4. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
5. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)