|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Wailers sent to stimulate some interest in the label and music in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
2. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Issels.
(c) Prophet Gad.
3. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
(a) Smile Jamaica Concert.
(b) Island Friends Concert.
(c) One Love Peace Concert.
(d) Rasta-Jammin' Concert.
4. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
(a) Bob never left Jamaica.
(b) Escape the music industry.
(c) Never return.
(d) Improve their situation.
5. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He never went to Delaware.
(d) He was indifferent.
6. Who were the two new additions to Marley's house in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Cedella and Pearl.
(b) Haile Selassie and Prophet Gad.
(c) David "Ziggy" Marley and Cedella.
(d) Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh.
7. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
(a) Winston Matthews.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Peter Tosh.
8. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
9. What did Bob dream about on September 10, 1964 that caused him to wake with severe chest pain?
(d) Nine Miles.
10. Who purchased a house in Kingston in the early 1970s in order to get some Jamaican roots?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Chris Blackwell.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
11. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
(a) Nine Miles.
(d) New York City.
12. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
(a) The Wailers.
(b) The police.
(c) The Doors.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
13. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) His mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) His band.
(d) Her daughter.
14. When did Haile Selassie visit Jamaica?
(a) Before Bob Marley went to Delaware
(c) After Bob Marley returned from Delaware.
(d) While Bob Marley was still living in Delaware.
15. What news did Bob break to his mother in stages?
(a) His decision to quit music.
(b) His parenthood.
(c) His career in music.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marley ran out of money to produce his own records, who helped him out?
2. How did Bob's mother feel about his desire to return to the ghetto and the music industry?
3. Who suggested that Marley and Johnny Nash go to Sweden in 1970?
4. When rumors spread that Bob Marley was dead, how did he prove that he was back on top?
5. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)