|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Rita convert to?
2. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
(a) Spliff House.
(b) Island House.
(c) Marley Manor.
(d) Jamaican House.
3. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
(a) It was a huge success.
(b) It was never released.
(c) It was released after Bob's death.
(d) It was a gigantic failure.
4. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(b) Tuff Gong.
(c) JAD and Cayman Music.
(d) Jamaican Records.
5. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
(a) His sermon.
(b) The stigmata.
(c) A poster.
(d) His eyes.
6. Who purchased a house in Kingston in the early 1970s in order to get some Jamaican roots?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Bob Marley.
7. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His godmother.
(d) His sister.
8. How did Bob's godmother offend the family?
(a) By claiming she is better than they are.
(b) By questioning their beliefs.
(c) She does not offend Bob's family.
(d) By blaming Bob for Omeriah's death.
9. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) The Wailers disbanded when Bob leaves Jamaica.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Winston Matthews.
10. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) His band.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) His mother.
11. How did Cedella feel about Bob's dream in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) She felt it was insignificant.
(b) Bob never told Cedella about his dream in Chapter 11.
(c) She felt it was an important sign.
(d) She felt he should pray about it.
12. Who were the two new additions to Marley's house in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Cedella and Pearl.
(b) David "Ziggy" Marley and Cedella.
(c) Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh.
(d) Haile Selassie and Prophet Gad.
13. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(b) Captain Marley.
14. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A new silver BMW.
(b) A house in Jamaica.
(c) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
(d) A platinum album.
15. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
(a) For fighting another band.
(b) For stealing food for his children.
(c) For murdering his wife.
(d) For marijuana possession.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose jealousy became apparent during the Wailers' tour?
2. After Bunny was released from prison, who did Marley look to produce with in Kingston?
3. Where were the Wailers sent to stimulate some interest in the label and music in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
4. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
5. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)