|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Peter Sims.
(b) Leslie Kong.
(c) Coxsone Dodd.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
2. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
3. What did Jamaicans fear which caused them to hide inside on July 7, 1977?
(a) The month of July.
(b) The heat.
(c) The number 7.
(d) Bob Marley.
4. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A new silver BMW.
(b) A house in Jamaica.
(c) A platinum album.
(d) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
5. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
6. Who worked hard to make the Wailers a success?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
7. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
(a) They did not record singles with Dodd individually.
(b) They wanted to leave the Wailers.
(c) They wanted to become more popular than Marley.
(d) They were looking for more money.
8. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
(a) The state of the country at the time.
(d) The pending civil war.
9. Who cut ties with the Wailers after his girlfriend was killed in a car accident after leaving Island House?
(a) Winston Matthews.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Bunny Livingston.
(d) Peter Tosh.
10. What did the band do when they were not rehearing or recording?
(a) Hang around at Island House.
(b) Argue with one another.
(c) Fly to other countries.
(d) Go swimming in the ocean.
11. Who died at the shooting at Island House in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(a) No one.
12. What did Bob show no desire to do after Omeriah's death?
(a) Experiment with mysticism.
(b) Continue recording music.
(c) Talk to his godmother.
(d) Fill the role his grandfather had left behind.
13. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
(a) Because he wanted to join her in Miami.
(b) Because he believed Delaware is too cold for her.
(c) He did not try to convince Cedella to move to Miami.
(d) Because he missed his mother.
14. At his funeral, why was Omeriah's body reversed?
(a) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
(b) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(c) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
(d) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
15. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Tuff Gong.
(b) JAD and Cayman Music.
(c) Jamaican Records.
(d) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
2. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
3. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
4. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
5. Who went to the airport to see Selassie?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)