|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the band do when they were not rehearing or recording?
(a) Hang around at Island House.
(b) Fly to other countries.
(c) Go swimming in the ocean.
(d) Argue with one another.
2. Why were Marley's new songs a marvel?
(a) Because they are highly personal but universal simultaneously.
(b) Because the music is so catchy.
(c) Because Peter Dodd actually approved of it.
(d) They are not.
3. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Leslie Kong.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
4. What did Bob show no desire to do after Omeriah's death?
(a) Experiment with mysticism.
(b) Continue recording music.
(c) Fill the role his grandfather had left behind.
(d) Talk to his godmother.
5. When Marley ran out of money to produce his own records, who helped him out?
6. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
(a) Cedella Marley.
(b) Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King.
(c) Haile Selassie.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
7. Who did the London Rastas put Marley in touch with while he was in England?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Haile Selassie.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
8. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(a) Captain Marley.
9. What kind of car did Bob Marley drive in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Jaguar.
10. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) Peter Tosh.
11. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
(b) Nine Miles.
(c) New York City.
12. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Jamaican Records.
(b) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(c) JAD and Cayman Music.
(d) Island Records.
13. What did Bob decide to do before leaving Jamaica?
(a) Break up with Rita.
(b) Disband the Wailers.
(c) Marry Rita.
(d) Release one more record.
14. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
(a) For marijuana possession.
(b) For murdering his wife.
(c) For fighting another band.
(d) For stealing food for his children.
15. Why would Bob need to sponsor Rita?
(a) If she developed an alcohol addiction.
(b) If he liked America.
(c) If she became addicted to marijuana.
(d) If she chose to adopt a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Cedella marry in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
2. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
3. When rumors spread that Bob Marley was dead, how did he prove that he was back on top?
4. After Bunny was released from prison, who did Marley look to produce with in Kingston?
5. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)