|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
2. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
(a) His last record has been a failure.
(b) Cedella lost her baby in childbirth.
(c) Omeriah has died.
(d) Nothing unusual.
3. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
(a) Marley Manor.
(b) Spliff House.
(c) Jamaican House.
(d) Island House.
4. Who were the two new additions to Marley's house in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Cedella and Pearl.
(b) David "Ziggy" Marley and Cedella.
(c) Haile Selassie and Prophet Gad.
(d) Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh.
5. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
(a) That he would be better than ever before.
(b) No rumors circulated about Marley upon his return to Jamaica.
(c) That he was dead.
(d) That he would not be as good as he once was.
6. Who died at the shooting at Island House in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(a) No one.
7. Who wanted Marley's ring from Wossen after Marley's death?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Prophet Gad.
8. What concert was Bob asked to do that would be sponsored by the Jamaican Ministry of Culture?
(a) Smile Jamaica.
(b) One Love Peace.
(d) Island Friends.
9. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(c) Captain Marley.
10. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Bob Marley.
11. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
(a) New York City.
(c) Nine Miles.
12. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
(a) A poster.
(b) His eyes.
(c) The stigmata.
(d) His sermon.
13. Who still frequented Island House, despite developing his own work?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Bunny Livingston.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
14. In what year did the Wailers tour England the United States to promote "Catch a Fire"?
15. After Bunny was released from prison, who did Marley look to produce with in Kingston?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) Leslie Kong.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bob invited to visit in a letter he received in February?
2. What group did Marley join that Prophet Gad was also a part of?
3. At his funeral, why was Omeriah's body reversed?
4. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
5. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)