|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors circulated upon Marley's return to Jamaica?
(a) That he was dead.
(b) That he would not be as good as he once was.
(c) That he would be better than ever before.
(d) No rumors circulated about Marley upon his return to Jamaica.
2. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) The Wailers disbanded when Bob leaves Jamaica.
3. Who quickly became a musical prophet for Jamaicans?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Winston Matthews.
4. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Cedella Marley.
(c) Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
5. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
(a) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(b) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
(c) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(d) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
6. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
(a) His wife.
(b) His bed.
(c) His body.
(d) His clothes.
7. What group did Marley join that Prophet Gad was also a part of?
(a) Selassie's Servants.
(b) The Twelve Tribes of Israel.
(c) Muslim Mayhem.
8. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
(b) The state of the country at the time.
(d) The pending civil war.
9. When Marley ran out of money to produce his own records, who helped him out?
10. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
(a) The police.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Wailers.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
11. Where was Bob invited to visit in a letter he received in February?
(c) Nine Miles.
(d) New York.
12. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
(a) Rita's career in music.
(b) Bob's increased popularity.
(c) Rita leaving Bob.
(d) Bob Marley's early demise.
13. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
(a) Jamaican House.
(b) Marley Manor.
(c) Spliff House.
(d) Island House.
14. What religion did Rita convert to?
15. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Bunny Livingston.
(d) Peter Tosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular label in Jamaica did the Wailers release a song on in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
2. Who still frequented Island House, despite developing his own work?
3. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
4. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
5. How did Cedella feel about Bob's dream in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)