|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
(a) As a hindrance.
(b) As useless.
(c) As prophets.
(d) As child bearers.
2. What religion did Rita convert to?
3. What concert was Bob asked to do that would be sponsored by the Jamaican Ministry of Culture?
(b) Smile Jamaica.
(c) Island Friends.
(d) One Love Peace.
4. Why did Bunny and Peter record singles with Dodd individually?
(a) They did not record singles with Dodd individually.
(b) They were looking for more money.
(c) They wanted to leave the Wailers.
(d) They wanted to become more popular than Marley.
5. How did Bob's mother feel about his desire to return to the ghetto and the music industry?
6. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(c) Captain Marley.
7. What record company gained the rights to "Catch a Fire"?
(a) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(b) Jamaican Records.
(c) Island Records.
(d) JAD and Cayman Music.
8. Who treated Marley in Bavaria?
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Issels.
(d) Prophet Gad.
9. What did "Rude Boy" describe?
(a) The discontent found on the Jamaican streets.
(b) Religious repression.
(c) A rebellious teenage boy.
(d) Intercourse with many women.
10. As Rita wondered if Selassie is the True God, what did he do?
(a) Laughed at her stupidity.
(b) Smiled knowingly.
(c) Looked at her and nod slowly.
(d) Shook his head negatively.
11. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) His band.
(b) His mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her aunt.
12. Who did the London Rastas put Marley in touch with while he was in England?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
13. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
(a) His bed.
(b) His body.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His wife.
14. Who wanted Marley's ring from Wossen after Marley's death?
(a) Prophet Gad.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
15. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
(a) Cedella lost her baby in childbirth.
(b) Omeriah has died.
(c) Nothing unusual.
(d) His last record has been a failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
2. Who had left the Wailers by Chapter 14, "Who the Cap Fit"?
3. Where were the Wailers sent to stimulate some interest in the label and music in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
4. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
5. What did Cedella believe Bob would be successful at when she received his note in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)