|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
(a) As prophets.
(b) As a hindrance.
(c) As useless.
(d) As child bearers.
2. Who wanted Marley's ring from Wossen after Marley's death?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Prophet Gad.
3. What did Bob decide to do before leaving Jamaica?
(a) Release one more record.
(b) Marry Rita.
(c) Disband the Wailers.
(d) Break up with Rita.
4. What did the house at 56 Hope Road become known as?
(a) Island House.
(b) Marley Manor.
(c) Spliff House.
(d) Jamaican House.
5. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Chris Blackwell.
(c) Leslie Kong.
(d) Peter Sims.
6. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
(a) It was released after Bob's death.
(b) It was a huge success.
(c) It was never released.
(d) It was a gigantic failure.
7. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He was indifferent.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He never went to Delaware.
8. What kind of car did Bob Marley drive in Chapter 15, "Redemption Song"?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Jaguar.
9. When rumors spread that Bob Marley was dead, how did he prove that he was back on top?
(a) By hosting a large party.
(b) By giving a free concert.
(c) By releasing a new single.
(d) He ignored the rumors.
10. What concert was Marley asked to do by two conflicting political sides in order to avoid civil war in Jamaica?
(a) Island Friends Concert.
(b) One Love Peace Concert.
(c) Smile Jamaica Concert.
(d) Rasta-Jammin' Concert.
11. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
(a) For stealing food for his children.
(b) For marijuana possession.
(c) For murdering his wife.
(d) For fighting another band.
12. What news did Bob break to his mother in stages?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His decision to quit music.
(c) His career in music.
(d) His parenthood.
13. What religion did Rita convert to?
14. Where did Cedella go to see Marley play?
(c) Nine Miles.
(d) New York.
15. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
(a) Nothing unusual.
(b) His last record has been a failure.
(c) Cedella lost her baby in childbirth.
(d) Omeriah has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
2. Who questioned Bob's talents and overall gifts with the mystic world?
3. What group did Marley join that Prophet Gad was also a part of?
4. How did Cedella feel about Bob's dream in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
5. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)