|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
(a) The Doors.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) The Wailers.
(d) The police.
2. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His bed.
(c) His wife.
(d) His body.
3. What did Bob decide to do before leaving Jamaica?
(a) Release one more record.
(b) Marry Rita.
(c) Break up with Rita.
(d) Disband the Wailers.
4. Why was Bunny imprisoned?
(a) For fighting another band.
(b) For marijuana possession.
(c) For stealing food for his children.
(d) For murdering his wife.
5. Why would Bob need to sponsor Rita?
(a) If she developed an alcohol addiction.
(b) If he liked America.
(c) If she chose to adopt a child.
(d) If she became addicted to marijuana.
6. What group did Marley join that Prophet Gad was also a part of?
(a) Selassie's Servants.
(b) The Twelve Tribes of Israel.
(d) Muslim Mayhem.
7. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
(a) He did not try to convince Cedella to move to Miami.
(b) Because he missed his mother.
(c) Because he wanted to join her in Miami.
(d) Because he believed Delaware is too cold for her.
8. What did Bob dream that he was given in Chapter 11, "Rat Race"?
(a) A house in Jamaica.
(b) A ring with a black jewel embossed with an insignia.
(c) A new silver BMW.
(d) A platinum album.
9. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
(a) To prevent more deaths in the family.
(b) To preserve his spirit for reincarnation.
(c) To prevent Omeriah from rising from the dead.
(d) To confuse any evil spirits lurking around.
10. While visiting friends in Delaware, how old did Marley say he would be when he died?
11. Who wrote a long letter to Bob in February?
(b) Captain Marley.
12. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
(a) As useless.
(b) As child bearers.
(c) As a hindrance.
(d) As prophets.
13. When did Haile Selassie visit Jamaica?
(b) While Bob Marley was still living in Delaware.
(c) After Bob Marley returned from Delaware.
(d) Before Bob Marley went to Delaware
14. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
(a) To prevent upheaval.
(b) To scare the Wailers.
(c) This did not occur.
(d) To break up fights.
15. What did Jamaicans fear which caused them to hide inside on July 7, 1977?
(a) The number 7.
(b) The heat.
(c) The month of July.
(d) Bob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob show no desire to do after Omeriah's death?
2. Who cut ties with the Wailers after his girlfriend was killed in a car accident after leaving Island House?
3. What did the band do when they were not rehearing or recording?
4. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
5. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)