|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hits the man.
(d) He faints.
2. Why did Cedella lose her case?
(a) Because she could not afford the court fees.
(b) Because Bob testified against his mother.
(c) Because she had no grounds for her case.
(d) Because she did not bring a lawyer with her.
3. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He does not believe her child is really his.
(b) He has a wife in another country.
(c) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(d) He is cheating on her.
4. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) His family's money.
(b) A large castle in Egypt.
(c) Control over nature.
(d) The governorship of Harar.
5. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
(a) His older sister.
(d) His elder cousin.
6. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
(a) Robert Nesta.
(b) Miss Grey.
(c) Captain Marley.
7. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) World governments.
(b) No one.
(d) Many priests and powerful people.
8. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
(a) He was on his way home.
(b) He was having a good time.
(c) He was lost in Kingston.
(d) They heard from Bob every couple days.
9. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
10. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It never left his hand.
(b) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(c) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
(d) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
11. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(b) Nine Miles.
(d) Trench Town.
12. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
(a) Nothing unusual existed on his palms.
(c) A stigmata.
(d) A tattoo.
13. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
(a) Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) Kingston, Jamaica.
14. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The Black Queen.
(c) The White King.
(d) The White Queen.
15. Who did Cedella greet at Captain Marley's home?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Captain Marley.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marley call himself?
2. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
3. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
4. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
5. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)