|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
(a) Robert Nesta.
(b) Miss Grey.
(c) Captain Marley.
2. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(b) Native American traditions.
(c) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(d) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
3. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
4. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
(a) That Captain Marley had been married before.
(b) That Bob was coming to live with his father.
(c) That Captain Marley had several children.
(d) That Cedella was crazy.
5. Where did Cedella decide to move in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(c) New York.
(d) Nine Miles.
6. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
(b) Directly to school.
(c) To his own home.
(d) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
7. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
(a) His older sister.
(c) His elder cousin.
8. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
9. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) The musical industry.
(b) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
(c) The superior education system.
(d) The access to the upper-class.
10. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
(b) Omeriah, her father.
(c) Captain Marley, her husband.
(d) Pearl, her sister.
11. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
(b) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
(c) Because he thought he was ugly.
(d) Because these were the people with power.
12. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
13. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
(a) Ras Tafari.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Prophet Gad.
(d) Jim Morrison.
14. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Captain Marley.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
15. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Bob Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
2. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
3. What did Marley call himself?
4. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
5. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)