|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
(a) They did not need Captain Marley anyway.
(b) Karma would repay Captain Marley.
(c) Captain Marley was going to die soon anyway.
(d) Bob did not tell his mother not to worry.
2. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
(a) More expensive instruments.
(b) Higher-quality recordings.
(c) Women fawning all over them.
(d) Groupies to carry their equipment.
3. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(c) The Holy Piby.
(d) King James Bible.
4. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
(a) It decreased.
(b) Bob would never beat up the winners!
(c) It increased.
(d) The Wailers did not lose a contest.
5. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
(a) In the music they hear.
(b) In school.
(c) In the country.
(d) In the big city.
6. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
(b) Jamaica broke into civil war.
(c) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(d) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
7. Who did Bob push his music on?
(a) Chris Blackwell.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
8. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
9. Who did Cedella greet at Captain Marley's home?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Bob Marley.
10. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Coxsone Dodd.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
11. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Ras Makonnen.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Haile Selassie.
12. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Nesta Roberts.
(c) Haile Selassie I.
(d) Robert Marley.
13. How did Captain Marley die?
(a) From old age.
(b) From a car accident.
(c) From a heart attack.
(d) From a stroke.
14. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Twenty-one years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
15. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
(a) He got into fights every day because he was poorer than his neighbors.
(b) He thought it suited him perfectly.
(c) He found it monotonous and boring.
(d) He liked it much better than his old neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
2. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
3. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
4. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
5. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)