|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Temptations.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Wailers.
2. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Composing songs.
(b) Applying to colleges.
(c) His apprenticeship.
3. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
(a) Winston Matthews.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Bunny Livingston.
(d) Bob Marley.
4. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
5. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) Because the law demands it.
(b) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) He refuses to marry her.
6. How did Rita's aunt Viola respond to finding Rita and Bob in her house?
(a) She invited them to stay.
(b) She called the police.
(c) She kicked them out.
(d) She shot at them.
7. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(b) The Holy Piby.
(c) King James Bible.
8. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
(b) South Africa.
9. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He has a wife in another country.
(c) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(d) He does not believe her child is really his.
10. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
(c) Nine Miles.
(d) New York.
11. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
(b) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
(c) Because he thought he was ugly.
(d) Because these were the people with power.
12. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The White King.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The White Queen.
(d) The Black Queen.
13. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Toddy Livingston.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Captain Marley.
14. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Peter Tosh.
15. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
3. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
5. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)