|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Only 5.
(b) Over 5,000,000.
(c) Over 100,000.
(d) Nearly 20.
2. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
3. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The White Queen.
(b) The White King.
(c) The Black Queen.
(d) The Black King.
4. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(b) Native American traditions.
(c) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(d) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
5. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
(a) Toward Nine Miles.
(b) Toward Whitfield Town.
(c) Toward Trench Town.
(d) Toward Wilmington.
6. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
(b) Directly to school.
(c) To his own home.
(d) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
7. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Thirty years old.
8. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Toddy Livingston.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Captain Norval Marley.
9. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
10. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
11. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) She did not decide to relocate.
(b) Because they were evicted from their home.
(c) In order to find a husband.
(d) In order to save money for Bob's education.
12. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) The superior education system.
(b) The access to the upper-class.
(c) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
(d) The musical industry.
13. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His friendships with women.
(b) His supernatural powers.
(c) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(d) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
14. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Temptations.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Wailers.
15. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The Duppy Conqueror.
(c) The Wailer.
(d) The One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
2. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
3. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
4. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
5. Who started to promote Bob's records in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)