|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Wailer.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The One.
(d) The Duppy Conqueror.
2. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Peter Tosh.
3. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
(a) That Cedella was crazy.
(b) That Bob was coming to live with his father.
(c) That Captain Marley had several children.
(d) That Captain Marley had been married before.
4. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Haile Selassie.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Ras Makonnen.
5. Who started to promote Bob's records in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
6. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
(a) Because it appealed to the newly-independent people of Jamaica.
(b) Because Bob forced everyone he knows to promote his music.
(c) Because it appealed to the rich, upper-class people in Jamaica.
(d) Bob's music did not start to catch on.
7. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
8. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
9. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
(a) Bad spirits.
(b) Angry insects.
(c) Drunken neighbors.
(d) Friendly ghosts.
10. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) June 25, 1985.
(b) September 2, 1937.
(c) January 1, 1940.
(d) July 23, 1892.
11. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(b) Nine Miles.
(d) Trench Town.
12. How did Captain Marley die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) From a stroke.
(c) From old age.
(d) From a car accident.
13. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
(a) Bob does not break ties with Kong.
(b) Because another producer offers more money.
(c) Because the producer has refused to pay him.
(d) Because Kong is rude to Cedella.
14. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Temptations.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Wailers.
15. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Haile Selassie I.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Nesta Roberts.
(d) Robert Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
2. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
3. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
4. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
5. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)