|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) July 23, 1892.
(b) January 1, 1940.
(c) September 2, 1937.
(d) June 25, 1985.
2. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
(a) In Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(b) In Kingston, Jamaica.
(c) In Brooklyn, New York.
(d) In Wilmington, Delaware.
3. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(b) It never left his hand.
(c) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
(d) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
4. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A free record.
(c) A record deal.
(d) More studio time.
5. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
(b) The access to the upper-class.
(c) The superior education system.
(d) The musical industry.
6. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(b) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
(c) Native American traditions.
(d) Jamaican mystic traditions.
7. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
8. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
(a) No one.
(b) All the neighbors.
(c) Their classmates.
(d) Each other.
9. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(b) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
(c) Jamaica broke into civil war.
(d) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
10. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
(b) His elder cousin.
(c) His older sister.
11. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because the law demands it.
(c) He refuses to marry her.
(d) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
12. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Haile Selassie.
13. Why did Cedella lose her case?
(a) Because she had no grounds for her case.
(b) Because she could not afford the court fees.
(c) Because she did not bring a lawyer with her.
(d) Because Bob testified against his mother.
14. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Temptations.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Doors.
(d) The Wailers.
15. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
(b) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(c) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(d) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
2. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
3. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
4. What happened when Rita stayed the night with Bob?
5. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)