|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
(a) It increased.
(b) The Wailers did not lose a contest.
(c) Bob would never beat up the winners!
(d) It decreased.
2. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Robert Marley.
(b) Haile Selassie I.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Nesta Roberts.
3. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
(a) Miss Grey.
(b) Captain Marley.
(d) Robert Nesta.
4. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(b) He does not believe her child is really his.
(c) He has a wife in another country.
(d) He is cheating on her.
5. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
(a) Rita Anderson Marley.
(b) Ziggy Marley.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Cedella Marley.
6. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
(a) To file for divorce from Captain Marley.
(b) To file a formal complaint that he remarried without first divorcing her.
(c) To get a new copy of Bob's birth certificate.
(d) To obtain a marriage license to marry Toddy Livingston.
7. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
(a) A stigmata.
(b) Nothing unusual existed on his palms.
(c) A tattoo.
8. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He hits the man.
(b) He cries.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He faints.
9. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The Black Queen.
(b) The White Queen.
(c) The White King.
(d) The Black King.
10. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(b) The Wailers.
11. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(b) His supernatural powers.
(c) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(d) His friendships with women.
12. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
13. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Thirty years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Eight years old.
14. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Toddy Livingston.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Captain Marley.
15. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
(a) He thought it suited him perfectly.
(b) He found it monotonous and boring.
(c) He liked it much better than his old neighborhood.
(d) He got into fights every day because he was poorer than his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
2. How did Captain Marley die?
3. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
4. What was special about Tafari's ring?
5. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)