|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Ras Makonnen.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Haile Selassie.
2. Who tried to give Bob home remedies for his injury while working as a welder?
3. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
4. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(a) A hot sliver of metal.
(b) A bug.
(d) A piece of glass.
5. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
(a) He found it monotonous and boring.
(b) He thought it suited him perfectly.
(c) He got into fights every day because he was poorer than his neighbors.
(d) He liked it much better than his old neighborhood.
6. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
7. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Only 5.
(b) Nearly 20.
(c) Over 100,000.
(d) Over 5,000,000.
8. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) African police beating their own people.
(b) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(c) Their emaciated forms.
(d) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
9. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The White King.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The White Queen.
(d) The Black Queen.
10. What was Cedella's nickname?
11. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(c) King James Bible.
(d) The Holy Piby.
12. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) Control over nature.
(b) The governorship of Harar.
(c) A large castle in Egypt.
(d) His family's money.
13. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He faints.
(d) He hits the man.
14. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) June 25, 1985.
(b) January 1, 1940.
(c) July 23, 1892.
(d) September 2, 1937.
15. What was the name of Rita's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
2. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
3. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
4. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
5. Who did Bob push his music on?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)