|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He learns to read.
(b) He nearly dies.
(c) He begins to walk.
(d) He is kidnapped.
2. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(b) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(c) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(d) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
3. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
4. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
5. What was Cedella's nickname?
6. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
7. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Captain Norval Marley.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Bob Marley.
8. What did Bob tell his mother about his career goals in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) That he has none.
(b) That he wants to be a famous actor.
(c) That he is going to be a welder.
(d) That he is going to start a musical career.
9. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He does not believe her child is really his.
(c) He has a wife in another country.
(d) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
10. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it appealed to the poor.
(b) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(c) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(d) Because it was their native religion.
11. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
(a) That Captain Marley had been married before.
(b) That Captain Marley had several children.
(c) That Bob was coming to live with his father.
(d) That Cedella was crazy.
12. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
(a) He liked it much better than his old neighborhood.
(b) He thought it suited him perfectly.
(c) He got into fights every day because he was poorer than his neighbors.
(d) He found it monotonous and boring.
13. Who did Bob push his music on?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
14. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
(a) Nine Miles.
(c) New York.
15. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) September 2, 1937.
(b) January 1, 1940.
(c) July 23, 1892.
(d) June 25, 1985.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
2. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
3. What was the name of Rita's daughter?
4. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
5. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)