|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(c) The Wailers.
2. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(b) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
(c) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(d) Native American traditions.
3. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
(a) Each other.
(b) Their classmates.
(c) All the neighbors.
(d) No one.
4. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
(b) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
(c) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(d) Jamaica broke into civil war.
5. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
(a) Cedella Marley.
(b) Pearl Malcolm.
(c) Rita Anderson.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
6. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
7. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
(a) In school.
(b) In the music they hear.
(c) In the big city.
(d) In the country.
8. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) In order to save money for Bob's education.
(b) In order to find a husband.
(c) She did not decide to relocate.
(d) Because they were evicted from their home.
9. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
(a) Drunken neighbors.
(b) Friendly ghosts.
(c) Angry insects.
(d) Bad spirits.
10. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His supernatural powers.
(b) His friendships with women.
(c) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(d) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
11. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
(a) That Bob was coming to live with his father.
(b) That Captain Marley had several children.
(c) That Cedella was crazy.
(d) That Captain Marley had been married before.
12. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Only 5.
(b) Nearly 20.
(c) Over 5,000,000.
(d) Over 100,000.
13. Who tried to give Bob home remedies for his injury while working as a welder?
14. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(b) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(c) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(d) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
15. How did Rita's aunt Viola respond to finding Rita and Bob in her house?
(a) She invited them to stay.
(b) She shot at them.
(c) She kicked them out.
(d) She called the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
2. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
3. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
4. What did Marley call himself?
5. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)