|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to give Bob home remedies for his injury while working as a welder?
2. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) September 2, 1937.
(b) June 25, 1985.
(c) January 1, 1940.
(d) July 23, 1892.
3. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) Their emaciated forms.
(b) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(c) African police beating their own people.
(d) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
4. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
5. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Robert Marley.
(b) Nesta Roberts.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Haile Selassie I.
6. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(b) He refuses to marry her.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because the law demands it.
7. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Temptations.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) The Wailers.
(d) The Doors.
8. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
9. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
10. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Bob Marley.
11. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
12. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
13. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
(a) In the music they hear.
(b) In the big city.
(c) In school.
(d) In the country.
14. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Ras Makonnen.
(d) Bob Marley.
15. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He has a wife in another country.
(b) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(c) He is cheating on her.
(d) He does not believe her child is really his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
2. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
3. Who began handing Rita love notes from Bob?
4. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
5. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)