|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The White Queen.
(b) The Black Queen.
(c) The White King.
(d) The Black King.
2. Why did Cedella lose her case?
(a) Because she did not bring a lawyer with her.
(b) Because she had no grounds for her case.
(c) Because Bob testified against his mother.
(d) Because she could not afford the court fees.
3. Who formed a group called the Soulettes?
(a) Pearl Malcolm.
(b) Cedella Marley.
(c) Rita Anderson.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
4. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(b) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(c) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(d) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
5. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He does not believe her child is really his.
(b) He has a wife in another country.
(c) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(d) He is cheating on her.
6. Who tried to give Bob home remedies for his injury while working as a welder?
7. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) Their emaciated forms.
(b) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(c) African police beating their own people.
(d) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
8. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) More studio time.
(b) A record deal.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) A free record.
9. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) Because they were evicted from their home.
(b) She did not decide to relocate.
(c) In order to save money for Bob's education.
(d) In order to find a husband.
10. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
11. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
(b) To his own home.
(c) Directly to school.
(d) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
12. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) His apprenticeship.
(b) Applying to colleges.
(d) Composing songs.
13. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
(b) Jamaica broke into civil war.
(c) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(d) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
14. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
15. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(b) King James Bible.
(d) The Holy Piby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
2. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
3. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
4. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
5. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)