|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(b) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(c) Native American traditions.
(d) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) A record deal.
(b) A free record.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) More studio time.
3. Why was a pact made to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) No such pact was made.
(b) Because he was far too dangerous.
(c) Because he was a heretic.
(d) Because people were jealous of him.
4. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
5. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He begins to walk.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He learns to read.
(d) He nearly dies.
6. How did Captain Marley die?
(a) From a stroke.
(b) From a heart attack.
(c) From old age.
(d) From a car accident.
7. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(b) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
(c) Jamaica broke into civil war.
(d) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
8. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
(a) He got into fights every day because he was poorer than his neighbors.
(b) He thought it suited him perfectly.
(c) He found it monotonous and boring.
(d) He liked it much better than his old neighborhood.
9. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
10. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
(a) Rita Anderson Marley.
(b) Cedella Marley.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Ziggy Marley.
11. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Nearly 20.
(b) Over 5,000,000.
(c) Only 5.
(d) Over 100,000.
12. How was a girl in Bob's culture seen if she was not pregnant by the time she was out of her teens?
(a) This is not considered.
(b) As intelligent and resourceful.
(c) As prude and snobbish.
(d) As a barren and worthless woman.
13. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Nesta Roberts.
(b) Haile Selassie I.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Robert Marley.
14. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
15. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ras Tafari born?
2. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
3. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
4. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
5. What was Cedella's nickname?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)