|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
(a) To file a formal complaint that he remarried without first divorcing her.
(b) To file for divorce from Captain Marley.
(c) To obtain a marriage license to marry Toddy Livingston.
(d) To get a new copy of Bob's birth certificate.
2. Why did Cedella lose her case?
(a) Because she could not afford the court fees.
(b) Because Bob testified against his mother.
(c) Because she had no grounds for her case.
(d) Because she did not bring a lawyer with her.
3. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Ras Makonnen.
4. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
5. How did Captain Marley die?
(a) From old age.
(b) From a car accident.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From a heart attack.
6. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Over 5,000,000.
(b) Over 100,000.
(c) Only 5.
(d) Nearly 20.
7. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
(c) New York.
(d) Nine Miles.
8. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Miss Grey.
(d) Robert Nesta.
9. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The Black Queen.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The White King.
(d) The White Queen.
10. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He faints.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He hits the man.
11. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(b) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(c) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
(d) Native American traditions.
12. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
(a) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) In Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(c) In Kingston, Jamaica.
(d) In Brooklyn, New York.
13. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) A large castle in Egypt.
(b) Control over nature.
(c) The governorship of Harar.
(d) His family's money.
14. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Trench Town.
(d) Nine Miles.
15. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
(a) They heard from Bob every couple days.
(b) He was having a good time.
(c) He was lost in Kingston.
(d) He was on his way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was special about Tafari's ring?
2. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
3. What was the name of the influential music producer that Bob met in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
4. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
5. What did Marley call himself?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)