|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Over 100,000.
(b) Only 5.
(c) Nearly 20.
(d) Over 5,000,000.
2. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
(a) Groupies to carry their equipment.
(b) More expensive instruments.
(c) Higher-quality recordings.
(d) Women fawning all over them.
3. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Temptations.
(c) The Wailers.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
5. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(a) The Holy Piby.
(d) King James Bible.
6. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
(b) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(c) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(d) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
7. How old was Bob in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Thirty years old.
8. What was the name of the influential music producer that Bob met in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
9. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
(a) Nesta Marley.
(b) Robert Malcolm.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Cedella Marley.
10. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
(a) All the neighbors.
(b) Their classmates.
(c) Each other.
(d) No one.
11. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The White Queen.
(b) The Black Queen.
(c) The White King.
(d) The Black King.
12. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) The superior education system.
(b) The access to the upper-class.
(c) The musical industry.
(d) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
13. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(a) A bug.
(b) A hot sliver of metal.
(d) A piece of glass.
14. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) His family's money.
(b) The governorship of Harar.
(c) A large castle in Egypt.
(d) Control over nature.
15. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) World governments.
(b) Many priests and powerful people.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
2. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
3. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
4. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
5. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)