|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(b) A piece of glass.
(c) A hot sliver of metal.
(d) A bug.
2. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(b) His friendships with women.
(c) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(d) His supernatural powers.
3. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
(a) Each other.
(b) Their classmates.
(c) No one.
(d) All the neighbors.
4. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
5. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
(a) Omeriah, her father.
(b) Captain Marley, her husband.
(c) Pearl, her sister.
6. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He learns to read.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He nearly dies.
(d) He begins to walk.
7. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
(a) Toward Wilmington.
(b) Toward Trench Town.
(c) Toward Nine Miles.
(d) Toward Whitfield Town.
8. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
9. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
(a) Jamaica became a free and independent nation.
(b) Omeriah died from a heart attack.
(c) Cedella gave birth to a daughter named Pearl.
(d) Jamaica broke into civil war.
10. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
11. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
12. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Toddy Livingston.
(c) Captain Norval Marley.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
13. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
(a) In school.
(b) In the big city.
(c) In the country.
(d) In the music they hear.
14. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The Duppy Conqueror.
(c) The One.
(d) The Wailer.
15. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) June 25, 1985.
(b) July 23, 1892.
(c) January 1, 1940.
(d) September 2, 1937.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
2. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
3. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
4. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
5. Why did Cedella lose her case?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)