|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
(a) Because another producer offers more money.
(b) Bob does not break ties with Kong.
(c) Because Kong is rude to Cedella.
(d) Because the producer has refused to pay him.
2. Who did Cedella greet at Captain Marley's home?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) His new wife.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
3. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) The musical industry.
(b) The access to the upper-class.
(c) The superior education system.
(d) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
4. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Only 5.
(b) Over 100,000.
(c) Nearly 20.
(d) Over 5,000,000.
5. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
(a) Women fawning all over them.
(b) Groupies to carry their equipment.
(c) Higher-quality recordings.
(d) More expensive instruments.
6. What was the name of the influential music producer that Bob met in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Leslie Kong.
(c) Coxsone Dodd.
(d) Chris Blackwell.
7. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Peter Tosh.
8. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
(a) Toward Trench Town.
(b) Toward Whitfield Town.
(c) Toward Wilmington.
(d) Toward Nine Miles.
9. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
(a) His elder cousin.
(d) His older sister.
10. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) He refuses to marry her.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because the law demands it.
(d) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
11. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
12. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
(b) Bobby Ray.
(c) Robert Nesta.
(d) Peter Bunny.
13. Who started to promote Bob's records in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
14. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
(a) Kingston, Jamaica.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) Nine Miles, Jamaica.
15. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
(a) Captain Marley was going to die soon anyway.
(b) Karma would repay Captain Marley.
(c) Bob did not tell his mother not to worry.
(d) They did not need Captain Marley anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
2. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
3. How did Captain Marley die?
4. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
5. Who did Bob push his music on?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)