|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Captain Marley.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) A free record.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) More studio time.
(d) A record deal.
3. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
4. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(c) The Wailers.
5. Where did Cedella decide to move in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Nine Miles.
(d) New York.
6. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
(a) That Bob was coming to live with his father.
(b) That Captain Marley had been married before.
(c) That Cedella was crazy.
(d) That Captain Marley had several children.
7. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
(b) To his own home.
(c) Directly to school.
(d) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
8. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(b) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(c) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(d) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
9. What did Bob think about his new neighborhood in Chapter 6 "Small Axe"?
(a) He thought it suited him perfectly.
(b) He found it monotonous and boring.
(c) He got into fights every day because he was poorer than his neighbors.
(d) He liked it much better than his old neighborhood.
10. When Cedella found Bob in Chapter 4, "Bad Card", whose care was he under?
(a) Captain Marley.
(b) Miss Grey.
(c) Robert Nesta.
11. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
12. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
(a) Jim Morrison.
(b) Ras Tafari.
(c) Prophet Gad.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
13. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
(a) Omeriah, her father.
(b) Pearl, her sister.
(d) Captain Marley, her husband.
14. What did Bob tell his mother about his career goals in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) That he wants to be a famous actor.
(b) That he has none.
(c) That he is going to start a musical career.
(d) That he is going to be a welder.
15. Who liked to tell everyone he was the leader of the group Bob organized?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Bunny Livingston.
(d) Winston Matthews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
2. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
3. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
4. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
5. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)