|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
(a) Kingston, Jamaica.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) Nine Miles, Jamaica.
2. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
(b) To his own home.
(c) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
(d) Directly to school.
3. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) World governments.
(c) No one.
(d) Many priests and powerful people.
4. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(a) A bug.
(c) A hot sliver of metal.
(d) A piece of glass.
5. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
(a) It decreased.
(b) It increased.
(c) Bob would never beat up the winners!
(d) The Wailers did not lose a contest.
6. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Robert Marley.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Haile Selassie I.
(d) Nesta Roberts.
7. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
(a) The Wailers.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Temptations.
8. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(b) His supernatural powers.
(c) His friendships with women.
(d) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
9. Who did Bob push his music on?
(a) Chris Blackwell.
(b) Winston Matthews.
(c) Coxsone Dodd.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
10. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
(a) Pearl, her sister.
(b) Captain Marley, her husband.
(d) Omeriah, her father.
11. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
12. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
(a) Rita Anderson Marley.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Cedella Marley.
(d) Ziggy Marley.
13. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Toddy Livingston.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Captain Marley.
14. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(b) Because it was their native religion.
(c) Because it appealed to the poor.
(d) No one has ever discovered the reason.
15. What happened when Rita stayed the night with Bob?
(a) They never spoke again.
(b) They got married.
(c) She was attacked by the evil things he had described earlier.
(d) She was harassed by his nosy neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
2. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
3. Who tried to give Bob home remedies for his injury while working as a welder?
4. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
5. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)