|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Time Will Tell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
(a) Because it appealed to the newly-independent people of Jamaica.
(b) Bob's music did not start to catch on.
(c) Because Bob forced everyone he knows to promote his music.
(d) Because it appealed to the rich, upper-class people in Jamaica.
2. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
(a) Because he believed Delaware is too cold for her.
(b) He did not try to convince Cedella to move to Miami.
(c) Because he wanted to join her in Miami.
(d) Because he missed his mother.
3. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
(a) As child bearers.
(b) As useless.
(c) As prophets.
(d) As a hindrance.
4. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. How did Bob feel about Delaware as soon as he arrived?
(a) He never went to Delaware.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He was indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went to the airport to see Selassie?
2. How did Rita's aunt Viola respond to finding Rita and Bob in her house?
3. Who wanted to sign the Wailers to his record label in Chapter 13, "Crisis"?
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
5. How did Bob feel about going to Kingston?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)