|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14: Who the Cap Fit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Cedella marry in Chapter 9, "Natural Mystic"?
(a) Toddy Livingston.
(b) Edward Booker.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Captain Marley.
2. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
(a) Because it appealed to the rich, upper-class people in Jamaica.
(b) Because it appealed to the newly-independent people of Jamaica.
(c) Because Bob forced everyone he knows to promote his music.
(d) Bob's music did not start to catch on.
3. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
(a) To prevent upheaval.
(b) This did not occur.
(c) To scare the Wailers.
(d) To break up fights.
4. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
(a) Captain Marley's wealthy nephew.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) This is not specified.
5. What did the meeting between Selassie and Rita ultimately affect?
(a) Bob Marley's early demise.
(b) Rita leaving Bob.
(c) Bob's increased popularity.
(d) Rita's career in music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
2. Who suggested that Marley and Johnny Nash go to Sweden in 1970?
3. As Rita wondered if Selassie is the True God, what did he do?
4. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
5. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)