|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming In from the Cold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Haile Selassie.
2. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) Their emaciated forms.
(b) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(c) African police beating their own people.
(d) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
3. How did Rita's aunt Viola respond to finding Rita and Bob in her house?
(a) She invited them to stay.
(b) She kicked them out.
(c) She called the police.
(d) She shot at them.
4. What caused Rita to wonder if Selassie was the True God?
(a) The stigmata.
(b) His eyes.
(c) A poster.
(d) His sermon.
5. While Bob was gone, who was the most aggressive Wailer who tried to continue writing?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) The Wailers disbanded when Bob leaves Jamaica.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
2. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
3. Who did Bob push his music on?
4. Why did Cedella lose her case?
5. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)