|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming In from the Cold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Peter Tosh.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Haile Selassie.
2. Who did Bob push his music on?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Chris Blackwell.
(c) Winston Matthews.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
3. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Island Records.
(b) JAD and Cayman Music.
(c) Jamaican Records.
(d) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
4. Who started to promote Bob's records in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
5. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
(a) To file for divorce from Captain Marley.
(b) To obtain a marriage license to marry Toddy Livingston.
(c) To get a new copy of Bob's birth certificate.
(d) To file a formal complaint that he remarried without first divorcing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bob break ties with Kong?
2. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
3. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
4. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
5. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)