|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: People Get Ready.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) He refuses to marry her.
(c) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(d) Because the law demands it.
2. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
(a) Nesta Marley.
(b) Robert Malcolm.
(c) Cedella Marley.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
3. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(d) The Wailers.
4. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
(a) Karma would repay Captain Marley.
(b) Captain Marley was going to die soon anyway.
(c) They did not need Captain Marley anyway.
(d) Bob did not tell his mother not to worry.
5. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
(b) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
(c) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(d) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
2. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
3. What was the name of the group that Bob organized in Chapter 7, "Who Feels It, Knows It"?
4. How was a girl in Bob's culture seen if she was not pregnant by the time she was out of her teens?
5. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)