|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: People Get Ready.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to Cedella inviting Bob to Kingston?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
2. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
(a) Twenty-one years old.
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
3. Who did Bob push his music on?
(a) Winston Matthews.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Coxsone Dodd.
4. Who formed a group called the Soulettes?
(a) Pearl Malcolm.
(b) Rita Anderson.
(c) Cedella Marley.
(d) Bunny Livingston.
5. What was the name of the studio that Coxsone built?
(a) Jamaican Beats Recording and Publishing Studio, Co.
(b) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(c) Island House Recording and Publishing Studio, Inc.
(d) Rude Boy Entertainment, LLC.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Captain Marley die?
2. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
3. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
4. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
5. Where did Cedella decide to move when she discovered she was pregnant for a second time?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)