|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: People Get Ready.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) July 23, 1892.
(b) September 2, 1937.
(c) June 25, 1985.
(d) January 1, 1940.
2. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it was their native religion.
(b) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(c) Because it appealed to the poor.
(d) No one has ever discovered the reason.
3. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Nearly 20.
(b) Over 100,000.
(c) Over 5,000,000.
(d) Only 5.
4. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
(a) Women fawning all over them.
(b) More expensive instruments.
(c) Higher-quality recordings.
(d) Groupies to carry their equipment.
5. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Because he thought he was ugly.
(b) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
(c) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
(d) Because these were the people with power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
3. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
4. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
5. What year did the Wailers become highly successful on summer stage shows?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)