|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: People Get Ready.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
(a) That Cedella was crazy.
(b) That Bob was coming to live with his father.
(c) That Captain Marley had several children.
(d) That Captain Marley had been married before.
2. What had Bob already began in regards to a career in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Composing songs.
(b) Applying to colleges.
(d) His apprenticeship.
3. How was a girl in Bob's culture seen if she was not pregnant by the time she was out of her teens?
(a) As prude and snobbish.
(b) As a barren and worthless woman.
(c) This is not considered.
(d) As intelligent and resourceful.
4. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
5. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) African police beating their own people.
(b) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(c) Their emaciated forms.
(d) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
2. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
3. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
4. Who did Bunny and Bob make friends with over time?
5. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)