|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: People Get Ready.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
(b) Native American traditions.
(c) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(d) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
2. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
(b) The access to the upper-class.
(c) The superior education system.
(d) The musical industry.
3. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
(a) South Africa.
4. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
(a) In Brooklyn, New York.
(b) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(c) In Kingston, Jamaica.
(d) In Nine Miles, Jamaica.
5. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
(a) Pearl Malcolm.
(b) Bunny Livingston.
(c) Rita Anderson.
(d) Cedella Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the influential music producer that Bob met in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
2. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
3. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
4. What did Captain Marley's new wife realize during his conversation with Cedella?
5. What occurred at midnight on August 5?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)