|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Small Axe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Because he thought he was ugly.
(b) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
(c) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
(d) Because these were the people with power.
2. How did Captain Marley die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) From old age.
(c) From a stroke.
(d) From a car accident.
3. What was Cedella's nickname?
4. How was a girl in Bob's culture seen if she was not pregnant by the time she was out of her teens?
(a) This is not considered.
(b) As a barren and worthless woman.
(c) As intelligent and resourceful.
(d) As prude and snobbish.
5. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
(a) Captain Marley was going to die soon anyway.
(b) They did not need Captain Marley anyway.
(c) Bob did not tell his mother not to worry.
(d) Karma would repay Captain Marley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
2. Why did Cedella lose her case?
3. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
4. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
5. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)