|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Small Axe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Bob on the bus ride to Kingston?
(a) His elder cousin.
(b) His older sister.
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) A record deal.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) A free record.
(d) More studio time.
3. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Captain Marley.
(d) Toddy Livingston.
4. What became popular in Bob's neighborhood in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(b) The Wailers.
5. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) She did not decide to relocate.
(b) In order to find a husband.
(c) Because they were evicted from their home.
(d) In order to save money for Bob's education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
2. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
3. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
5. Where did the boys in Kingston learn to be more independent and more mischievous?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)