|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Small Axe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Captain Marley ask Cedella about when she visited his home in Chapter 5, "Pass It On"?
2. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it appealed to the poor.
(b) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(c) Because it was their native religion.
(d) No one has ever discovered the reason.
3. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He nearly dies.
(b) He learns to read.
(c) He begins to walk.
(d) He is kidnapped.
4. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The White Queen.
(c) The Black Queen.
(d) The White King.
5. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
(a) Bob did not tell his mother not to worry.
(b) Captain Marley was going to die soon anyway.
(c) Karma would repay Captain Marley.
(d) They did not need Captain Marley anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marley call himself?
2. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
3. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
4. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
5. When was Ras Tafari born?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)