|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Bad Card.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) He refuses to marry her.
(b) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because the law demands it.
2. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He faints.
(d) He hits the man.
3. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) His family's money.
(b) A large castle in Egypt.
(c) The governorship of Harar.
(d) Control over nature.
4. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
(a) To a nice house in the rich part of town.
(b) Directly to school.
(c) To a decrepit house on Heywood Street.
(d) To his own home.
5. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The One.
(c) The Wailer.
(d) The Duppy Conqueror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
2. What was special about Tafari's ring?
3. Who did Cedella decide to move with in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
5. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)