|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) The governorship of Harar.
(b) Control over nature.
(c) A large castle in Egypt.
(d) His family's money.
2. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(b) He does not believe her child is really his.
(c) He is cheating on her.
(d) He has a wife in another country.
3. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
(a) Prophet Gad.
(b) Ras Tafari.
(c) Jim Morrison.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
4. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
(a) Nesta Marley.
(b) Robert Malcolm.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Cedella Marley.
5. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His supernatural powers.
(b) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(c) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(d) His friendships with women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
2. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
3. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
4. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
5. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)