|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(b) Their emaciated forms.
(c) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
(d) African police beating their own people.
2. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
(a) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) In Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(c) In Kingston, Jamaica.
(d) In Brooklyn, New York.
3. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Haile Selassie.
4. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
(a) South Africa.
5. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(b) Many priests and powerful people.
(c) No one.
(d) World governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
2. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
3. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
4. Why was a pact made to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
5. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)