|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) Their emaciated forms.
(b) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
(c) African police beating their own people.
(d) The people fighting amongst themselves.
2. Who was performing a concert for Independence Day at the beginning of the biography?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Rita Anderson Marley.
(c) Cedella Marley.
(d) Ziggy Marley.
3. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) July 23, 1892.
(b) June 25, 1985.
(c) September 2, 1937.
(d) January 1, 1940.
4. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
(a) Toddy Livingston.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Captain Norval Marley.
(d) Omeriah Malcolm.
5. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) Native American traditions.
(b) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(c) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
(d) Jamaican mystic traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
2. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
3. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
4. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
5. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)