|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
(a) Nesta Marley.
(b) Cedella Marley.
(c) Omeriah Malcolm.
(d) Robert Malcolm.
2. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(a) King James Bible.
(c) The Holy Piby.
3. Why was a pact made to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) Because he was far too dangerous.
(b) Because he was a heretic.
(c) No such pact was made.
(d) Because people were jealous of him.
4. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Robert Marley.
(b) Nesta Roberts.
(c) Haile Selassie I.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
5. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(b) Because it appealed to the poor.
(c) Because it was their native religion.
(d) No one has ever discovered the reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was convinced that an evil spirit is trying to do bad things to Cedella's child?
2. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
3. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
4. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
5. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)