|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(a) The Holy Piby.
(b) King James Bible.
2. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
(c) He has a wife in another country.
(d) He does not believe her child is really his.
3. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(b) His friendships with women.
(c) His supernatural powers.
(d) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
4. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The Black Queen.
(c) The White Queen.
(d) The White King.
5. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(b) Because it appealed to the poor.
(c) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(d) Because it was their native religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cedella's nickname?
2. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
3. Who was Ras Tafari born to?
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
5. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)