|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Haile Selassie.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
2. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(b) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(c) Because it was their native religion.
(d) Because it appealed to the poor.
3. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Duppy Conqueror.
(b) The Wailer.
(c) The One.
(d) The Black King.
4. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Over 5,000,000.
(b) Nearly 20.
(c) Only 5.
(d) Over 100,000.
5. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(b) King James Bible.
(c) The Holy Piby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
2. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
3. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
4. What was Cedella's nickname?
5. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)