|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
(a) In Kingston, Jamaica.
(b) In Brooklyn, New York.
(c) In Nine Miles, Jamaica.
(d) In Wilmington, Delaware.
2. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
(a) The governorship of Harar.
(b) Control over nature.
(c) His family's money.
(d) A large castle in Egypt.
3. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Robert Malcolm.
(c) Nesta Marley.
(d) Cedella Marley.
4. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
(b) Because it was their native religion.
(c) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(d) Because it appealed to the poor.
5. How many Rastas surrounded Selassie's plane when he visited Jamaica in 1966?
(a) Nearly 20.
(b) Over 100,000.
(c) Only 5.
(d) Over 5,000,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cedella's nickname?
2. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
3. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
4. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
5. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)