|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Coming In from the Cold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Marley's new songs a marvel?
(a) Because the music is so catchy.
(b) Because Peter Dodd actually approved of it.
(c) Because they are highly personal but universal simultaneously.
(d) They are not.
2. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He learns to read.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He begins to walk.
(d) He nearly dies.
3. What did the band's competitors have that the Wailers began to get jealous of in Chapter 8, "People Get Ready"?
(a) Groupies to carry their equipment.
(b) More expensive instruments.
(c) Women fawning all over them.
(d) Higher-quality recordings.
4. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
(a) To prevent upheaval.
(b) To break up fights.
(c) To scare the Wailers.
(d) This did not occur.
5. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
(a) Escape the music industry.
(b) Never return.
(c) Improve their situation.
(d) Bob never left Jamaica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was placed outside the house for three days after Omeriah's death?
2. Who decided to release the Wailers' old tracks for pure profit?
3. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
4. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
5. Two days after Bob's dream that caused him chest pain, what did he learn?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)