|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Misty Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the father of Cedella's child marry her?
(a) To save Bob from being a bastard child.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because the law demands it.
(d) He refuses to marry her.
2. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Haile Selassie.
(c) Bob Marley.
(d) Peter Tosh.
3. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(b) No one.
(c) Many priests and powerful people.
(d) World governments.
4. What was special about Tafari's ring?
(a) It would randomly disappear from his hand.
(b) It never left his hand.
(c) It contained a very rare moonstone.
(d) It was thought to contain elements of Solomon's famous ring.
5. Who was the most respected citizen in Nine Miles?
(a) Cedella Marley.
(b) Omeriah Malcolm.
(c) Nesta Marley.
(d) Robert Malcolm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
2. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
3. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
4. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
5. Why was a pact made to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)