|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Redemption Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A hot sliver of metal.
(d) A bug.
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) More studio time.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) A record deal.
(d) A free record.
3. Why did Bob's music start to catch on?
(a) Because Bob forced everyone he knows to promote his music.
(b) Bob's music did not start to catch on.
(c) Because it appealed to the newly-independent people of Jamaica.
(d) Because it appealed to the rich, upper-class people in Jamaica.
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Haile Selassie.
5. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) In order to save money for Bob's education.
(b) In order to find a husband.
(c) Because they were evicted from their home.
(d) She did not decide to relocate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the band do when they were not rehearing or recording?
2. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
3. What group did Marley join that Prophet Gad was also a part of?
4. Why did Bob try to convince Cedella to move in Miami?
5. How were women seen in Rita's new religion?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)