|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Redemption Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
(a) His band.
(b) His mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
(a) Peter Tosh.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Haile Selassie.
3. How did Rita's aunt Viola respond to finding Rita and Bob in her house?
(a) She shot at them.
(b) She kicked them out.
(c) She invited them to stay.
(d) She called the police.
4. Who hung out on her porch every day in order to try to get the Wailers' attention?
(a) Bunny Livingston.
(b) Pearl Malcolm.
(c) Rita Anderson.
(d) Cedella Marley.
5. How was "Catch a Fire" received?
(a) It was released after Bob's death.
(b) It was never released.
(c) It was a huge success.
(d) It was a gigantic failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Bob need to sponsor Rita?
2. How was a girl in Bob's culture seen if she was not pregnant by the time she was out of her teens?
3. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
4. Who did Omeriah bequeath his entire estate to?
5. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)