|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Redemption Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of the founding tenants of Rastafarianism, who was a prophet for the black people?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Haile Selassie.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Bob Marley.
2. What city did the Wailers give a show in on Christmas morning in 1964?
(b) Nine Miles.
(d) New York City.
3. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
(c) King James Bible.
(d) The Holy Piby.
4. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Leslie Kong.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Peter Tosh.
5. What religion did Rita convert to?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Omeriah's funeral, why were the mirrors turned in the house?
2. When the Wailers lost a contest, what happened to their popularity when Bob decided to beat up the winners?
3. What was Ras Tafari promised from birth that he did not inherit?
4. What entered Bob's eye while he was working as a welder?
5. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)