|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: Redemption Song.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it was their native religion.
(b) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(c) Because it appealed to the poor.
(d) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
2. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His supernatural powers.
(b) His friendships with women.
(c) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(d) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
3. What happened to the producer of "The Best of the Wailers"?
(a) He was paralyzed in a car accident the next day.
(b) Nothing unusual.
(c) He died of a massive heart attack at thirty-eight years old.
(d) He succeeded at all of his future ventures.
4. What did Bob say attacked him at night?
(a) Angry insects.
(b) Friendly ghosts.
(c) Bad spirits.
(d) Drunken neighbors.
5. Who did Marley sign a contract with in Chapter 12, "Coming In From the Cold"?
(a) Jamaica Recording and Publishing Studio, Ltd.
(b) JAD and Cayman Music.
(c) Jamaican Records.
(d) Island Records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
2. What did Marley call himself?
3. Why did Bob tell his mother not to worry about his father's remarriage?
4. Who gave Bob permission to marry Rita?
5. What was special about Tafari's ring?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)