|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pass It On.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Because these were the people with power.
(b) Because he thought he was ugly.
(c) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
(d) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
2. Who married Cedella when she became pregnant?
(a) Omeriah Malcolm.
(b) Captain Marley.
(c) Toddy Livingston.
(d) Bob Marley.
3. What did Marley call himself?
(a) The Wailer.
(b) The One.
(c) The Black King.
(d) The Duppy Conqueror.
4. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Peter Tosh.
5. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
(a) Toward Whitfield Town.
(b) Toward Trench Town.
(c) Toward Wilmington.
(d) Toward Nine Miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
2. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
3. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
4. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
5. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)