|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pass It On.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His friendships with women.
(b) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(c) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(d) His supernatural powers.
2. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(b) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
(c) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(d) Native American traditions.
3. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
(a) Haile Selassie.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Peter Tosh.
(d) Asfa Wossen.
4. Why did Bob want to look more like a white person?
(a) Because he was told his skin was sinful.
(b) Because he thought he was ugly.
(c) Bob did not want to look more like a white person.
(d) Because these were the people with power.
5. What happened to Cedella's child when he was only four months old?
(a) He begins to walk.
(b) He learns to read.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He nearly dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Ras Tafari become leader of?
2. Who was partially credited with bringing Rastafarianism to the islands?
3. How did Captain Marley die?
4. What is the name of the "Black Man's Bible" of Rastafarianism?
5. Where was a concert taking place as the biography opened?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)