|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pass It On.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rastafarianism flourish in Jamaica?
(a) Because it appealed to the poor.
(b) Because it was their native religion.
(c) No one has ever discovered the reason.
(d) It did not flourish in Jamaica.
2. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) African police beating their own people.
(b) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
(c) The people fighting amongst themselves.
(d) Their emaciated forms.
3. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
(a) To get a new copy of Bob's birth certificate.
(b) To file a formal complaint that he remarried without first divorcing her.
(c) To obtain a marriage license to marry Toddy Livingston.
(d) To file for divorce from Captain Marley.
4. How old was Cedella Marley when she gave birth to her first child?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Twenty-one years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
5. Who did Garvey claim would be the Redeemer?
(a) The Black Queen.
(b) The White Queen.
(c) The White King.
(d) The Black King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bob Marley grow up?
2. In Chapter 5, "Pass It On", where did Cedella head on Saturday?
3. Who did Cedella quickly fall in love with?
4. Who was seen as a man who had the capacity to repel evil by many people in the Third World?
5. Who would Bob be under the care of in Kingston?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)