|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pass It On.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cedella's husband tell her the day after their marriage?
(a) He is cheating on her.
(b) He has a wife in another country.
(c) He does not believe her child is really his.
(d) He is leaving Nine Miles never to return.
2. What did Ras Tafari change his name to?
(a) Haile Selassie I.
(b) Nesta Roberts.
(c) Asfa Wossen.
(d) Robert Marley.
3. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
(a) He was lost in Kingston.
(b) He was having a good time.
(c) He was on his way home.
(d) They heard from Bob every couple days.
4. When was Ras Tafari born?
(a) January 1, 1940.
(b) July 23, 1892.
(c) June 25, 1985.
(d) September 2, 1937.
5. What did Marley witness that shattered his illusions of grandeur with the African people?
(a) Their emaciated forms.
(b) African police beating their own people.
(c) Nothing shatters his illusions of grandeur with the African people.
(d) The people fighting amongst themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Cedella's first child?
2. Why did Cedella go to the courthouse a few days after visiting Captain Marley?
3. What was Bob Marley's nickname during his childhood?
4. Who did Bob hang out with in Kingston?
5. Who became king of Ethiopia, granting Garvey renown and fame for predicting it in America and Jamaica?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)