|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stir It Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived in Jamaica shortly after the Wailers released their single, "Rude Boy"?
(a) Asfa Wossen.
(b) Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King.
(c) Cedella Marley.
(d) Haile Selassie.
2. How did Bob react to seeing his father for the first time?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hits the man.
(d) He faints.
3. Who made a pact to prevent Tafari from gaining power?
(a) Many priests and powerful people.
(b) World governments.
(c) No one.
4. Why did Cedella decide to relocate?
(a) She did not decide to relocate.
(b) In order to find a husband.
(c) In order to save money for Bob's education.
(d) Because they were evicted from their home.
5. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A free record.
(c) A record deal.
(d) More studio time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Malcolm family realize after they did not hear from Bob for several weeks?
2. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
3. Why was the militia preemptively called in during the third annual independence parade in Kingston?
4. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
5. Where did Cedella and Bob move in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)