|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stir It Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides European influence, what type of traditions was Ras Tafari raised with?
(a) Jamaican mystic traditions.
(b) He never revealed the traditions he was raised with.
(c) Native American traditions.
(d) Shoan-Amharic traditions.
2. What did Bob receive for cutting his first recording?
(a) More studio time.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) A free record.
(d) A record deal.
3. Who was blamed when a fight broke out at the Wailer's show on Christmas morning of 1964?
(a) The Doors.
(b) Coxsone Dodd.
(c) The police.
(d) The Wailers.
4. Where was Bob invited to visit in a letter he received in February?
(a) New York.
(b) Nine Miles.
5. What did Cedella want Bob to take advantage of in Kingston?
(a) Cedella does not want Bob to go to Kingston.
(b) The musical industry.
(c) The superior education system.
(d) The access to the upper-class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob hope to do by leaving Jamaica in Chapter 10, "Stir It Up"?
2. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
3. Where did Cedella decide to move in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
4. Where did Captain Marley take Bob upon Bob's arrival in Kingston in Chapter 4, "Bad Card"?
5. What existed on Tafari's palms that was inexplicable?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)