|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Stir It Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bob ask Rita to write to for him?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His sister.
2. Who was thought to be a prophet for the African people?
(a) Prophet Gad.
(b) Asfa Wossen.
(c) Jim Morrison.
(d) Ras Tafari.
3. Who was Bob given the opportunity to sing for in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
(a) Coxsone Dodd.
(b) Leslie Kong.
(c) Chris Blackwell.
(d) Peter Tosh.
4. What type of music was Bob interested in at age fourteen?
5. What did the rumors spread about Ras Tafari's childhood refer to?
(a) His friendships with women.
(b) His relationship with priests and other learned people.
(c) His parents' sudden and unexplained deaths.
(d) His supernatural powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cedella's family feel when Bob returned to Nine Miles with his mother?
2. What did the fears of total chaos in Jamaica symbolize?
3. What was the name of Cedella's second child?
4. What career did Cedella want to get Bob an apprenticeship to?
5. What was the name of the influential music producer that Bob met in Chapter 6, "Small Axe"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)