|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
2. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
3. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
4. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
5. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
2. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
3. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
4. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
5. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
6. While Tycho is outside on the porch, Richard calls from the party. What does Richard say, and what does this mean for the unfolding of the story?
7. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
8. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
9. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
10. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her, she is both shocked and very angry, and tells Dido that she does not want any parents at all. What underlies her anger? Is her reaction justified? Is she reacting in an immature way? Support your opinion with reference to the text.
Essay Topic 2
Overall, Tycho is portrayed as very practical and rationale. However, we see a different side of him when he questions his mother about the origins of his name. What do his hopes about how he came to be called Tycho reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
When Tycho and Angela finally get together in a romantic sense, who initiates their first sexual encounter and how? What factors do you think have influenced Angela's change of heart with respect to dating Tycho?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)