|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
2. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
3. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
4. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
5. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
2. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
3. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
4. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
5. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
6. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
7. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
8. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
9. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
10. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The accident involving the Cherrys seems to be a turning point for Angela. Explain why this incident has such a strong impact on Angela and how it is instrumental in changing her attitude not only toward Dido but also toward Roland.
Essay Topic 2
In the closing chapter of the novel, Dido has finally told Angela the whole truth about Roland; Tycho has become a hero, and Angela and Tycho have embarked on a new stage in their relationship. Both Angela and Tycho have grown up in different ways. Describe how their respective experiences throughout the novel have helped them to become more mature.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way in which Dido is introduced in the novel and what this initial view of her tells the reader about her nature, character, and personality. Use specific examples from the text to illustrate.
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)