|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
2. What do Angela and Tycho notice about the state of the car that was involved in the accident?
3. Dido explains why she didn't answer the phone the previous night. What does she say?
4. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
5. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
2. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
3. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
4. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
5. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
6. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
7. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
8. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
9. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
10. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 8, Angela enlists Tycho's help to carry off her plan to confront her father. While he waits for her in the car, he reads a book. What is the theme in the book that has caught his attention? And what is the significance of that theme to the events of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Seeing how upset Angela is at the meeting with Roland in the coffee shop, and his rejection of her, Tycho advises her to write off her father altogether. Based on what we know of Tycho from the text, what do you think are his motives for giving this advice?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, it is clear that Dido would prefer that Angela date Tycho, rather than Robin, because she considers Tycho safer. Do you consider this an odd preference, given what you know about the way that Dido chooses to live her life?
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)