|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
2. In Chapter 16, Angela receives a surprise telephone call from _____.
3. After the events of the night before, why does Tycho seem jubilant.
4. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
5. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
2. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
3. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
4. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
5. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
6. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
7. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
8. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
9. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
10. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the closing chapter of the novel, Dido has finally told Angela the whole truth about Roland; Tycho has become a hero, and Angela and Tycho have embarked on a new stage in their relationship. Both Angela and Tycho have grown up in different ways. Describe how their respective experiences throughout the novel have helped them to become more mature.
Essay Topic 2
While the rest of the Potters go to Africa's party, Tycho stays home alone. When he speaks with Dido on the phone, she asks him if he were aware of Angela's plans to confront Roland. How does he answer, and why do you think he answers in this way?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, we get a much more complete picture of Mrs. Potter and of the relationship between her and Tycho. Describe your impressions of her as a mother. What do we learn about her attitude toward and feelings about Tycho? Be specific, using the text to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 1,428 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)