|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
2. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
3. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
4. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
5. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, we get a much more complete picture of Mrs. Potter and of the relationship between her and Tycho. Describe your impressions of her as a mother. What do we learn about her attitude toward and feelings about Tycho? Be specific, using the text to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Tycho insists that Angela be honest with herself about her motives for wanting to meet Roland and about her expectations. Is Tycho playing the devil's advocate here, or is he demonstrating that he is a true friend? Discuss your impressions of Tycho's actions in this respect.
Essay Topic 3
Although Tycho clearly thinks of Angela as very responsible (e.g., he is shocked when he learns she has not gone home after her confrontation with Roland), it also clear that Angela does have a rather rebellious, daring streak. Describe two or three examples of this rebellious side of Angela's character, and say why you think she is acting in such a manner in those situations.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)