|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
2. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
3. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
4. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
2. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
3. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
4. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
5. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
6. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
7. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
8. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
9. Chapter 9 is a pivotal one, in that Angela finally has a chance to meet with Roland. Describe Roland's reaction to the meeting.
10. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roland clearly believes that he does not owe Angela anything or have any responsibility toward her. Is he correct in this? What does this attitude tell you about the kind of person he is at heart?
Essay Topic 2
While the rest of the Potters go to Africa's party, Tycho stays home alone. When he speaks with Dido on the phone, she asks him if he were aware of Angela's plans to confront Roland. How does he answer, and why do you think he answers in this way?
Essay Topic 3
The accident involving the Cherrys seems to be a turning point for Angela. Explain why this incident has such a strong impact on Angela and how it is instrumental in changing her attitude not only toward Dido but also toward Roland.
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)