|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
2. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
4. Dido finally tells Angela the truth about how she and Roland parted. What does she say?
5. Dido explains why she didn't answer the phone the previous night. What does she say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard and Tycho are portrayed as two very different characters, but in some ways they are also quite similar. Discuss both their difference and their similarities (especially with respect to their attitudes toward Africa).
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, we get a much more complete picture of Mrs. Potter and of the relationship between her and Tycho. Describe your impressions of her as a mother. What do we learn about her attitude toward and feelings about Tycho? Be specific, using the text to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The accident involving the Cherrys seems to be a turning point for Angela. Explain why this incident has such a strong impact on Angela and how it is instrumental in changing her attitude not only toward Dido but also toward Roland.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)