Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
3. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
4. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
5. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Tycho's family is introduced. Describe the family dynamic of the Potters and the role each of the family members plays within this dynamic. How do you think having this particular family has influenced Tycho's personality and temperament?
Essay Topic 2
Seeing how upset Angela is at the meeting with Roland in the coffee shop, and his rejection of her, Tycho advises her to write off her father altogether. Based on what we know of Tycho from the text, what do you think are his motives for giving this advice?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Tycho and Angela discuss her determination to have Roland acknowledge her. A number of things are revealed during this chapter about Angela's personality. For instance, although overall she seems very responsible and down-to-earth, this chapter reveals that she also harbors romantic illusions about Roland. Using concrete examples from the text, discuss how this romantic side of her nature is illustrated by the author.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)