|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
2. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
4. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
5. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 9 is a pivotal one, in that Angela finally has a chance to meet with Roland. Describe Roland's reaction to the meeting.
2. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
3. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
4. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
5. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
6. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
7. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
8. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
9. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
10. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Tycho and Angela finally get together in a romantic sense, who initiates their first sexual encounter and how? What factors do you think have influenced Angela's change of heart with respect to dating Tycho?
Essay Topic 2
Roland clearly believes that he does not owe Angela anything or have any responsibility toward her. Is he correct in this? What does this attitude tell you about the kind of person he is at heart?
Essay Topic 3
The accident involving the Cherrys seems to be a turning point for Angela. Explain why this incident has such a strong impact on Angela and how it is instrumental in changing her attitude not only toward Dido but also toward Roland.
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)