|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
2. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
3. What do Angela and Tycho notice about the state of the car that was involved in the accident?
4. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
5. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
2. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
3. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
4. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
5. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
6. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
7. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
8. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
9. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
10. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her, she is both shocked and very angry, and tells Dido that she does not want any parents at all. What underlies her anger? Is her reaction justified? Is she reacting in an immature way? Support your opinion with reference to the text.
Essay Topic 2
Overall, Tycho is portrayed as very practical and rationale. However, we see a different side of him when he questions his mother about the origins of his name. What do his hopes about how he came to be called Tycho reveal about him?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Angela enlists Tycho's help to carry off her plan to confront her father. While he waits for her in the car, he reads a book. What is the theme in the book that has caught his attention? And what is the significance of that theme to the events of the novel?
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)