|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
2. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
3. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
4. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
5. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
2. While Tycho is outside on the porch, Richard calls from the party. What does Richard say, and what does this mean for the unfolding of the story?
3. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
4. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
5. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
6. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
7. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
8. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
9. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
10. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While the rest of the Potters go to Africa's party, Tycho stays home alone. When he speaks with Dido on the phone, she asks him if he were aware of Angela's plans to confront Roland. How does he answer, and why do you think he answers in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Although Tycho clearly thinks of Angela as very responsible (e.g., he is shocked when he learns she has not gone home after her confrontation with Roland), it also clear that Angela does have a rather rebellious, daring streak. Describe two or three examples of this rebellious side of Angela's character, and say why you think she is acting in such a manner in those situations.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Angela enlists Tycho's help to carry off her plan to confront her father. While he waits for her in the car, he reads a book. What is the theme in the book that has caught his attention? And what is the significance of that theme to the events of the novel?
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)