|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
2. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
3. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
4. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
5. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, it is clear that Dido would prefer that Angela date Tycho, rather than Robin, because she considers Tycho safer. Do you consider this an odd preference, given what you know about the way that Dido chooses to live her life?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, we get a more complete picture of Roland. In contrast to the falsehoods Dido has told Angela, Roland insists on telling Angela the truth. Is Roland being unnecessary cruel in this respect? What does this scene demonstrate about Roland and Dido as parents? As human beings?
Essay Topic 3
Although Tycho clearly thinks of Angela as very responsible (e.g., he is shocked when he learns she has not gone home after her confrontation with Roland), it also clear that Angela does have a rather rebellious, daring streak. Describe two or three examples of this rebellious side of Angela's character, and say why you think she is acting in such a manner in those situations.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)