|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho tries to tend to the accident victim's injuries. How?
2. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
3. Tycho's mother expresses her opinion of Angela. What does she say?
4. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
5. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, it is clear that Dido would prefer that Angela date Tycho, rather than Robin, because she considers Tycho safer. Do you consider this an odd preference, given what you know about the way that Dido chooses to live her life?
Essay Topic 2
When Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her, she is both shocked and very angry, and tells Dido that she does not want any parents at all. What underlies her anger? Is her reaction justified? Is she reacting in an immature way? Support your opinion with reference to the text.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Tycho and Angela discuss her determination to have Roland acknowledge her. A number of things are revealed during this chapter about Angela's personality. For instance, although overall she seems very responsible and down-to-earth, this chapter reveals that she also harbors romantic illusions about Roland. Using concrete examples from the text, discuss how this romantic side of her nature is illustrated by the author.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)