|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
2. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
3. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
4. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
5. Tycho tries to tend to the accident victim's injuries. How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, we get a much more complete picture of Mrs. Potter and of the relationship between her and Tycho. Describe your impressions of her as a mother. What do we learn about her attitude toward and feelings about Tycho? Be specific, using the text to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Richard and Tycho are portrayed as two very different characters, but in some ways they are also quite similar. Discuss both their difference and their similarities (especially with respect to their attitudes toward Africa).
Essay Topic 3
When Tycho and Angela finally get together in a romantic sense, who initiates their first sexual encounter and how? What factors do you think have influenced Angela's change of heart with respect to dating Tycho?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)