Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
3. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
4. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
5. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
Essay Topic 1
When Tycho and Angela finally get together in a romantic sense, who initiates their first sexual encounter and how? What factors do you think have influenced Angela's change of heart with respect to dating Tycho?
Essay Topic 2
During the picnic breakfast Angela and Dido have, what do we learn about the kind of relationship that exists between the two of them? Do you get a positive impression of Dido from this scene? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the closing chapter of the novel, Dido has finally told Angela the whole truth about Roland; Tycho has become a hero, and Angela and Tycho have embarked on a new stage in their relationship. Both Angela and Tycho have grown up in different ways. Describe how their respective experiences throughout the novel have helped them to become more mature.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)