Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
3. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
4. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
5. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
Essay Topic 1
In the closing chapter of the novel, Dido has finally told Angela the whole truth about Roland; Tycho has become a hero, and Angela and Tycho have embarked on a new stage in their relationship. Both Angela and Tycho have grown up in different ways. Describe how their respective experiences throughout the novel have helped them to become more mature.
Essay Topic 2
Richard and Tycho are portrayed as two very different characters, but in some ways they are also quite similar. Discuss both their difference and their similarities (especially with respect to their attitudes toward Africa).
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, one of the main themes of the novel is introduced: Truth and common sense are often at odds. With respect to the experiences of Angela and Tycho, discuss the implications of the idea that truth "wobbles." Use specific examples from the text to illustrate.
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)