Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
3. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
4. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
5. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
Essay Topic 1
During the picnic breakfast Angela and Dido have, what do we learn about the kind of relationship that exists between the two of them? Do you get a positive impression of Dido from this scene? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 4, one of the main themes of the novel is introduced: Truth and common sense are often at odds. With respect to the experiences of Angela and Tycho, discuss the implications of the idea that truth "wobbles." Use specific examples from the text to illustrate.
Essay Topic 3
Tycho insists that Angela be honest with herself about her motives for wanting to meet Roland and about her expectations. Is Tycho playing the devil's advocate here, or is he demonstrating that he is a true friend? Discuss your impressions of Tycho's actions in this respect.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)