|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
2. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
4. After the events of the night before, why does Tycho seem jubilant.
5. Tycho tries to tend to the accident victim's injuries. How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roland clearly believes that he does not owe Angela anything or have any responsibility toward her. Is he correct in this? What does this attitude tell you about the kind of person he is at heart?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, it is clear that Dido would prefer that Angela date Tycho, rather than Robin, because she considers Tycho safer. Do you consider this an odd preference, given what you know about the way that Dido chooses to live her life?
Essay Topic 3
Tycho insists that Angela be honest with herself about her motives for wanting to meet Roland and about her expectations. Is Tycho playing the devil's advocate here, or is he demonstrating that he is a true friend? Discuss your impressions of Tycho's actions in this respect.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)