|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Angela and Tycho notice about the state of the car that was involved in the accident?
(a) It is oozing gasoline.
(b) It's in surprisingly good shape.
(c) It has no bumpers.
(d) It is smoldering.
2. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
(b) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
(c) Angela has never done that before.
(d) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
3. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
(a) Broken angels.
(b) Vodka twists.
(c) Fallen angels.
(d) Falling stars.
4. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
(b) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
(c) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
(d) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
5. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
(a) She says it is too late and pleads with him to stay clear of the car.
(b) She faints.
(c) She says Tycho is a hero.
(d) She is angry at Tycho for playing hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
2. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
3. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
4. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
5. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
2. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
3. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
4. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
5. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
6. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
7. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
8. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
9. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
10. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
This section contains 1,459 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)