|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
(b) He is polite.
(c) He is hostile and rude.
(d) He smiles.
2. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
3. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(a) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
(b) The police officer.
4. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
(a) They've been in an accident.
(b) They've gone shopping.
(c) His father has become ill, and the family stayed at Africa's overnight.
(d) They've gone on vacation.
5. Dido explains why she didn't answer the phone the previous night. What does she say?
(a) She was angry at Angela and didn't want to speak with her.
(b) She was out for a walk and missed the call.
(c) Angela must have dialed a wrong number.
(d) She took the phone off the hook so she could sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
2. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
3. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
4. Tycho's mother expresses her opinion of Angela. What does she say?
5. How does Chapter 12 end?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
2. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
3. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
4. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
5. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
6. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
7. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
8. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
9. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
10. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)