|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
2. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) Drinks at the bar.
(b) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(c) A gift for him.
(d) A taxi ride to the bar.
3. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(b) That he has a headache.
(c) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
(d) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
4. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
(b) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(c) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(d) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
5. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
(a) That Angela has been in an accident.
(b) That Angela might harm herself.
(c) That Angela has run away.
(d) That Angela will not forgive her for the mistruths she has told about Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
2. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
3. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
4. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
5. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)