|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
(a) Watch the street for any sign of Angela.
(b) Go to look for Angela.
(c) Watch Jupiter.
(d) Have a cigarette.
2. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(b) Dido May's daughter.
(d) Ms. May.
3. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Walking toward home.
(b) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(c) Looking for a telephone.
(d) Running away from the car accident.
4. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That that is more than deep enough.
(c) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(d) That beauty is as beauty does.
5. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
(a) Whether they will go to the party.
(b) Who else will be at the party.
(c) Richard's refusal to go to the party.
(d) What type of liquor they will take to the party later in the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
2. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
3. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
4. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
5. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
2. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
3. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
4. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
5. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
6. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
7. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
8. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
9. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
10. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
This section contains 1,582 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)