|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Walking toward home.
(b) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(c) Looking for a telephone.
(d) Running away from the car accident.
2. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
3. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
(a) Vodka twists.
(b) Broken angels.
(c) Fallen angels.
(d) Falling stars.
4. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
(a) Africa would move back home.
(b) Hudson would hit Africa.
(c) Africa would reunite with Hudson.
(d) Hamish would soon have a little brother or sister.
5. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
(b) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
(c) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
(d) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
2. How does Chapter 12 end?
3. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
4. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
5. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
2. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
3. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
4. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
5. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
6. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
7. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
8. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
9. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
10. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
This section contains 1,576 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)