|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) He has a great dislike of Dido.
(b) His real name isn't Roland.
(c) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
(d) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
2. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(b) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
(c) The police officer.
3. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
(a) An elegant warehouse.
(b) A pink-and-cream structure.
(c) Boring and efficiently laid out.
(d) Huge but ugly.
4. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
(a) Africa would move back home.
(b) Hudson would hit Africa.
(c) Africa would reunite with Hudson.
(d) Hamish would soon have a little brother or sister.
5. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
(a) A moan coming from inside the car.
(b) Someone yelling for the police.
(c) A moan coming from the top of the bridge.
(d) An ambulance siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dido asks Tycho a pointed question during their telephone call. What does she ask?
2. Who keeps staring at Angela while she waits in Roland's office?
3. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
4. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
5. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
2. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
3. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
4. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
5. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
6. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
7. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
8. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
9. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
10. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
This section contains 1,429 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)