|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
(b) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
(c) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
(d) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
2. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
(a) Drink as much as she has tonight.
(b) Tell Dido she has been drinking.
(c) Want another girl.
(d) Ask questions about Roland.
3. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(b) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(c) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(d) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
4. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
5. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Wash her hair.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Have a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela sees Dido after the accident, she is described as overcome with emotion. Why?
2. Dido explains why she didn't answer the phone the previous night. What does she say?
3. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
4. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
5. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
2. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
3. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
4. Chapter 9 is a pivotal one, in that Angela finally has a chance to meet with Roland. Describe Roland's reaction to the meeting.
5. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
6. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
7. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
8. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
9. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
10. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)