|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
(b) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
(c) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
(d) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
2. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(c) Dido May's daughter.
(d) Ms. May.
3. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
(a) That Dido wanted to keep Roland away from her out of vengence.
(b) That it was her grandmother's fault that Dido and Roland were not together.
(c) That Dido lied to her to protect her feelings.
(d) That Roland's wife knew all along about Angela's existence.
4. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
(a) The car catches fire.
(b) The car plummets off the bridge.
(c) The car crashes into one of the uprights on the bridge.
(d) The car speeds up and passes by them.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) Back to the community service project site.
(b) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
(c) For a drive in the hills to think.
(d) For a walk by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
2. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
3. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
5. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
2. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
3. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
4. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
5. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
6. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
7. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
8. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
9. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
10. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)