|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
(a) His mother has called Dido and told her to stop Angela from calling anymore.
(b) His mother has not passed on the message that Dido called.
(c) His mother has not passed on the message that Angela called.
(d) His mother has written Dido a letter asking her to keep Angela away from Tycho.
2. Tycho tries to tend to the accident victim's injuries. How?
(a) He puts an ice pack on the victim's arm.
(b) He gives the victim mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
(c) He uses the t-shirt Angela gave him as a tourniquet.
(d) He checks to see if the victim is coherent and lucid.
3. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She doesn't know his last name.
(b) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
(c) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(d) She doesn't love him.
4. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(c) Ms. May.
(d) Dido May's daughter.
5. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
(a) No one answers the phone.
(b) Dido refuses to speak to her.
(c) Dido grills her about where she's been.
(d) Dido yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
2. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
3. Dido asks Tycho a pointed question during their telephone call. What does she ask?
4. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
2. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
3. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
4. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
6. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
7. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
8. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
9. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
10. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
This section contains 1,575 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)