|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
(a) Afraid of cats.
(b) A virgin.
(c) Too shy to make a pass at Angela.
(d) An intellectual.
2. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That beauty is as beauty does.
(b) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(c) That that is more than deep enough.
(d) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
3. Dido asks Tycho a pointed question during their telephone call. What does she ask?
(a) She asks if Tycho has a crush on Angela.
(b) She asks whether Tycho was aware of Angela's plan to meet Roland.
(c) She asks if Tycho had given Angela the idea of trying to meet Roland.
(d) She asks if Tycho thinks Robin is a suitable match for Angela.
4. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
(a) Want another girl.
(b) Ask questions about Roland.
(c) Drink as much as she has tonight.
(d) Tell Dido she has been drinking.
5. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
(a) Angela's car is in the shop for servicing.
(b) It is Saturday morning, and there are no buses until later.
(c) Tycho's car is broken down.
(d) Richard refuses to let Tycho use the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
2. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
3. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
4. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
5. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
2. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
3. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
4. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
5. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
6. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
7. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
8. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
9. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
10. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
This section contains 1,608 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)