|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
2. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
(a) That Angela will not forgive her for the mistruths she has told about Roland.
(b) That Angela might harm herself.
(c) That Angela has been in an accident.
(d) That Angela has run away.
3. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
(a) She calls her mother and tells her she will be late getting home.
(b) She decides to try to see Roland again.
(c) She decides to call her mother and tell her she has seen Roland.
(d) She goes for coffee with Tycho and tells him what has happened.
4. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Running away from the car accident.
(b) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(c) Walking toward home.
(d) Looking for a telephone.
5. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(b) A gift for him.
(c) Drinks at the bar.
(d) A taxi ride to the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
2. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
3. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
4. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
5. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
2. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
3. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
4. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
5. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
6. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
7. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
8. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
9. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
10. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)