|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
(b) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
(c) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
(d) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
2. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
(a) Whether they will go to the party.
(b) What type of liquor they will take to the party later in the evening.
(c) Who else will be at the party.
(d) Richard's refusal to go to the party.
3. Tycho's mother expresses her opinion of Angela. What does she say?
(a) Angela is stuck-up.
(b) Angela is unfriendly and negative.
(c) Angela is from a broken home, so she is unstable.
(d) Angela is just using Tycho.
4. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
(a) That it was her grandmother's fault that Dido and Roland were not together.
(b) That Dido lied to her to protect her feelings.
(c) That Roland's wife knew all along about Angela's existence.
(d) That Dido wanted to keep Roland away from her out of vengence.
5. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
(a) Not to mention to Tycho's mother that they've talked.
(b) Not to mention to Angela that they've talked.
(c) To contact the other if they hear from Angela.
(d) To contact each other the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
2. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
3. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
4. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
5. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
2. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
3. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
4. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
5. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
6. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
7. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
8. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
9. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
10. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
This section contains 1,436 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)