|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(a) Ms. May.
(d) Dido May's daughter.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
(c) Africa's new boyfriend.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
3. When Angela wakes up after her evening in the bar, she realizes ____.
(a) She has a hangover.
(b) She has forgotten to call Tycho.
(c) She has forgotten to call her mother.
(d) She has left her purse at the bar.
4. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
(a) That Angela might harm herself.
(b) That Angela has run away.
(c) That Angela has been in an accident.
(d) That Angela will not forgive her for the mistruths she has told about Roland.
5. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
(a) They've been in an accident.
(b) They've gone on vacation.
(c) His father has become ill, and the family stayed at Africa's overnight.
(d) They've gone shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
2. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
3. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
4. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
5. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
2. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
3. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
4. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
5. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
6. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
7. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
8. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
9. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
10. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
This section contains 1,354 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)