|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
(a) Have a bath.
(b) Borrow some money.
(c) Wash her hair.
(d) Take a shower.
2. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
(b) Roland's mother-in-law.
(c) The receptionist.
(d) Roland's mother.
3. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(b) That he has a headache.
(c) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
(d) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
4. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
(a) Fixes her a drink.
(b) Looks through her purse.
(c) Fixes them a snack.
(d) Calls Dido.
5. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
(a) The police arrive.
(b) The car explodes and catches fire.
(c) Tycho dies.
(d) Black fog rolls in off the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dido asks Tycho a pointed question during their telephone call. What does she ask?
2. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
4. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
5. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
2. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
3. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
4. Chapter 9 is a pivotal one, in that Angela finally has a chance to meet with Roland. Describe Roland's reaction to the meeting.
5. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
6. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
7. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
8. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
9. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
10. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)