|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(a) Mrs. Cherry.
(c) The paramedics.
2. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
(a) Not to mention to Tycho's mother that they've talked.
(b) To contact the other if they hear from Angela.
(c) To contact each other the next day.
(d) Not to mention to Angela that they've talked.
3. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She is a virgo.
(c) She has broken up with Robin.
(d) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
4. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
(a) That Dido refused to take money from him for Angela.
(b) That he never sent child support payments to Dido.
(c) That he doesn't really care about what she's experienced.
(d) That he didn't even know she existed.
5. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(c) Tycho's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela sees Dido after the accident, she is described as overcome with emotion. Why?
2. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
3. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
4. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
5. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. While Tycho is outside on the porch, Richard calls from the party. What does Richard say, and what does this mean for the unfolding of the story?
2. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
3. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
4. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
5. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
6. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
7. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
8. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
9. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
10. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)