|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(a) The police officer.
(b) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
2. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Phil Cherry.
(b) Jerry Cherry.
(c) Albert Cherry.
3. Dido explains why she didn't answer the phone the previous night. What does she say?
(a) She took the phone off the hook so she could sleep.
(b) Angela must have dialed a wrong number.
(c) She was angry at Angela and didn't want to speak with her.
(d) She was out for a walk and missed the call.
4. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
(a) That Dido wanted to keep Roland away from her out of vengence.
(b) That it was her grandmother's fault that Dido and Roland were not together.
(c) That Roland's wife knew all along about Angela's existence.
(d) That Dido lied to her to protect her feelings.
5. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry Creek Road.
(b) Dry Street.
(c) Dry Bed Road.
(d) Dry River Run.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
2. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
3. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
4. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
5. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
2. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
3. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
4. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
5. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
6. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
7. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
8. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
9. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
10. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)