|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
2. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Albert Cherry.
(c) Phil Cherry.
(d) Jerry Cherry.
3. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
(a) Not to mention to Angela that they've talked.
(b) To contact the other if they hear from Angela.
(c) To contact each other the next day.
(d) Not to mention to Tycho's mother that they've talked.
4. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(a) The paramedics.
(b) Mrs. Cherry.
5. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(a) Dido May's daughter.
(c) Ms. May.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
2. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
3. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
4. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
5. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
2. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
3. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
4. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
5. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
6. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
7. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
8. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
9. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
10. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)