|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
(b) Angela has never done that before.
(c) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
(d) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
2. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
(a) Tycho's car is broken down.
(b) Angela's car is in the shop for servicing.
(c) Richard refuses to let Tycho use the car.
(d) It is Saturday morning, and there are no buses until later.
3. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(d) Tycho's mother.
4. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
(a) Have a cigarette.
(b) Watch Jupiter.
(c) Go to look for Angela.
(d) Watch the street for any sign of Angela.
5. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
(b) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
(c) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
(d) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
2. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
3. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
4. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
5. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
2. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
3. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
4. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
5. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
6. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
7. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
8. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
9. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
10. When Tycho learns, during his conversation on the phone with Dido, that Angela has not returned home, what does his reaction tell us about his perception of Angela?
This section contains 1,404 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)