|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
2. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He is polite.
(d) He is hostile and rude.
3. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
(a) Drinking tea and knitting.
(b) Rolling out pie dough.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Rolling a cigarette.
4. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
5. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) Roland's mother-in-law.
(d) Roland's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dido asks Tycho a pointed question during their telephone call. What does she ask?
2. How does Chapter 12 end?
3. Dido finally tells Angela the truth about how she and Roland parted. What does she say?
4. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
5. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
2. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
3. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
4. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
5. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
6. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
7. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
8. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
9. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
10. After Angela has taken a shower and borrowed some of Tycho's clean clothes, she tells him where she has been since they parted at Roland's office. What does she say?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)