|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(b) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
(c) He has a great dislike of Dido.
(d) His real name isn't Roland.
2. How does Chapter 12 end?
(a) Tycho's mother comes home and finds Angela there.
(b) Angela falls asleep on the sofa.
(c) Angela and Tycho go to bed together.
(d) Tycho takes Angela home.
3. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
(a) To pretend nothing has happened between them.
(b) To keep their new relationship a secret for a while.
(c) To tell Dido so she wouldn't worry about Robin's influence on Angela anymore.
(d) To see other people.
4. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(a) The paramedics.
(c) Mrs. Cherry.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) Back to the community service project site.
(b) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
(c) For a walk by the river.
(d) For a drive in the hills to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
2. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
3. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
4. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. During her confrontation with her father, Angela learns the extent to which Dido has fabricated the story of her birth and Roland's attitude. What does she learn?
2. During his conversation with Dido on the phone, Dido says she called Tycho earlier and left a message. How does Tycho react to this news?
3. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
4. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
5. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
6. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
7. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
8. Tycho asks his mother, while they are alone, where he got his name. What does his reaction to what she says tell you about him?
9. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
10. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)