|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
(a) Comfortable; he loves the solitude.
(b) Free of his family and happy.
(c) Afraid and nervous.
(d) Uncomfortable with the silence in the house.
2. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
(a) Afraid of cats.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) Too shy to make a pass at Angela.
(d) A virgin.
3. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
(b) She is a virgo.
(c) She has broken up with Robin.
(d) She is a virgin.
4. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(a) Ms. May.
(c) Dido May's daughter.
5. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
(a) Huge but ugly.
(b) A pink-and-cream structure.
(c) Boring and efficiently laid out.
(d) An elegant warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Angela's most personal fear is revealed. What is it she fears?
2. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
3. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
4. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
5. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
2. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
3. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
4. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
5. While Tycho is outside on the porch, Richard calls from the party. What does Richard say, and what does this mean for the unfolding of the story?
6. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
7. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
8. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
9. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
10. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)