|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Phones him.
(b) Goes to his house and stands outside.
(c) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
(d) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
2. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
(a) She sighs a sigh of relief.
(b) She makes a joke to Tycho about how they resemble each other.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She starts to cry.
3. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
4. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She likes living alone.
(b) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(c) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(d) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
5. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A silly girl.
(b) A drama queen.
(c) A good mother.
(d) An intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
2. Africa's son is named ____.
3. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
4. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
5. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seeing Roland, Angela recounts how she went about finding out about him. What does she tell Tycho?
2. What secret is Angela keeping from her mother in Chapter 1?
3. What does Angela's sharing her secret with Tycho, rather than with Robin, indicate about her relationships with the two boys?
4. In Chapter 3, the author portrays Angela as somewhat of a rebel and a bit unconventional. How do we know this?
5. What is the significance of the quote, "Where do we go from here?" at the end of Chapter 4?
6. While Dido and Angela are having a picnic breakfast, Angela becomes angry at her mother. Why? What does she accuse her mother of?
7. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
8. Although Tycho's brother Richard appears only a few times in the novel, in Chapter 2, he is described in some detail. How is Richard's character portrayed?
9. Angela asks Tycho to agree with her that her feeling of curiosity about Roland is natural and reasonable. How does Tycho respond?
10. What does Angela tell Tycho about the men they see in the coffee shop, and how does he respond?
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)