Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
2. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
(a) Usual spot.
(c) Cafe near the school.
3. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother playing the harp.
(b) Her mother scything the grass.
(c) Her mother talking to herself.
(d) Her mother mowing the grass.
4. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) An accident.
(c) Like a fairy tale.
(d) Like a movie.
5. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
(a) "It's reasonable. But is it realistic?"
(b) "What's the use of being reasonable when no one else is?"
(c) "What's the point in being reasonable when it doesn't get you what you want?"
(d) "It's reasonable to want to know who your parents are. But that doesn't mean they'll want to know who you are."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
2. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
3. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
4. When Tycho points out that her father doesn't seem very happy to see Angela, how does she react?
5. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Angela asks for Tycho's help in carrying out her plan to confront her father in his office. What does her asking Tycho, rather than someone else or rather than going to the office alone, tell us?
2. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
3. While Tycho is outside on the porch, Richard calls from the party. What does Richard say, and what does this mean for the unfolding of the story?
4. In Chapter 2, what evidence does the author give that demonstrates the sibling rivalry between Tycho and his brother and sister?
5. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
6. Describe the conversation Tycho and Richard have about Africa and what that reveals about their distinct characters.
7. It is clear, in the conversation Angela and Tycho have in the gully after their community service project, that Tycho has been affected by his father's disability. How do we know this?
8. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
9. Angela is very upset by what Roland tells her in his office, and she decides to phone Dido and confront her. What does she tell Dido on the phone?
10. As Angela and Tycho walking toward her house, describe what occurs?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)