|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
(a) About her plan to go to her father's office.
(b) About her idea that Roland is not really her father.
(c) That Dido and Angela had an argument.
(d) That she is going to forget about trying to meet her father.
2. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
(a) She wants to ask him for financial help for her and her mother.
(b) She senses that her mother wants to reunite with her father.
(c) She wants to find out for sure if her father is dead.
(d) She senses her mother is not telling her the whole truth.
3. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
(b) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
(c) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
(d) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
4. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
(a) The Gladiator.
(b) The Gladheart.
(c) The Gladstone.
(d) The Victoria Club.
5. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, when Angela wakes up the morning after seeing her father, what does she decide to do?
2. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
3. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
4. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
5. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tycho attempts to talk Angela out of her plan to visit her father's office, Angela's response gives the reader an idea of how well she actually understands Tycho. How is this made clear?
2. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
3. In Chapter 8, Angela tells Tycho of her plan to go to her father's place of business and meet with him face to face. How does Tycho respond?
4. Describe the scene in which Tycho and his family are introduced in the second chapter.
5. What secret is Angela keeping from her mother in Chapter 1?
6. Although Tycho's brother Richard appears only a few times in the novel, in Chapter 2, he is described in some detail. How is Richard's character portrayed?
7. Angela is aware that Mrs. Potter does not like her. How is this demonstrated when she visits Tycho the day after Africa's phone call?
8. In Chapter 7, how does the author make clear that Angela has a somewhat romanticized idea of Roland?
9. Angela asks Tycho to agree with her that her feeling of curiosity about Roland is natural and reasonable. How does Tycho respond?
10. Although Tycho does not appear until Chapter 2, we learn a fair amount about him through being privy to Angela's thoughts. How is Tycho described in the first chapter?
This section contains 1,585 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)