|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(b) She is manipulative by nature.
(c) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(d) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
2. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
3. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
(a) The Gladstone.
(b) The Gladiator.
(c) The Victoria Club.
(d) The Gladheart.
4. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) The men don't speak English.
(b) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(c) One of the men is his own uncle.
(d) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
5. Africa's husband's name is ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, when Angela wakes up the morning after seeing her father, what does she decide to do?
2. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
3. Dido used to tell Angela a story about a young girl. What was the girl's name?
4. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
5. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Angela asks Tycho to agree with her that her feeling of curiosity about Roland is natural and reasonable. How does Tycho respond?
2. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
3. In Chapter 3, the author portrays Angela as somewhat of a rebel and a bit unconventional. How do we know this?
4. Although Tycho does not appear until Chapter 2, we learn a fair amount about him through being privy to Angela's thoughts. How is Tycho described in the first chapter?
5. When Angela tentatively brings up the idea of a possible reunion between Dido and her father, how does Dido react?
6. Describe the scene in which Tycho and his family are introduced in the second chapter.
7. Angela is aware that Mrs. Potter does not like her. How is this demonstrated when she visits Tycho the day after Africa's phone call?
8. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
9. Mr. Potter is portrayed as someone who is unsure of his position in the family. Describe how the author establishes this.
10. While Dido and Angela are having a picnic breakfast, Angela becomes angry at her mother. Why? What does she accuse her mother of?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)