|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
(a) That the earth revolves around the sun.
(b) That truth is only an idea.
(c) That the world is only an idea.
(d) That the world is symmetrical.
2. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
3. Dido used to tell Angela a story about a young girl. What was the girl's name?
(a) Dido Roland.
(b) Angela Foster.
(c) Roland Chase.
(d) Angela Roland.
4. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So ridiculous.
(b) So naive.
(c) So middle class.
(d) So boring.
5. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
2. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
3. While Angela and Dido are discussing whether being exposed to loud music is good or bad, what view does Dido take?
4. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
5. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
Short Essay Questions
1. After seeing Roland, Angela recounts how she went about finding out about him. What does she tell Tycho?
2. What does Angela's sharing her secret with Tycho, rather than with Robin, indicate about her relationships with the two boys?
3. Describe the conversation Tycho and Richard have about Africa and what that reveals about their distinct characters.
4. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
5. How does the author make clear that Angela and the man in the coffee shop who resembles her are from entirely different worlds?
6. It is clear, in the conversation Angela and Tycho have in the gully after their community service project, that Tycho has been affected by his father's disability. How do we know this?
7. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
8. Describe the scene in which Tycho and his family are introduced in the second chapter.
9. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
10. The day after Angela sees Roland in the coffee shop, she wakes up with a new determination. What is she determined to do?
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)