|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
2. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
3. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) At the library.
(b) Walking on the street with a young woman.
(c) In his office.
(d) Walking on the street with his wife.
4. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
(b) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
(c) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(d) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
5. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
(a) Tycho says natural curiosity should be explored.
(b) Tycho says Angela is being obsessive.
(c) Tycho says he doesn't understand why Angela doesn't just leave the past in the past.
(d) Tycho says that giving in to natural curiosity doesn't always bring about hoped-for results.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
2. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
3. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
4. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
5. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Tycho puts forth an interesting idea about truth. Describe what he thinks about truth.
2. When Angela and Tycho wake up in the morning after having spent the night together, why does Angela become upset?
3. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
4. What happens when Angela and Tycho come to a coffee bar on the street?
5. Angela asks for Tycho's help in carrying out her plan to confront her father in his office. What does her asking Tycho, rather than someone else or rather than going to the office alone, tell us?
6. What is the significance of the quote, "Where do we go from here?" at the end of Chapter 4?
7. Describe the conversation Tycho and Richard have about Africa and what that reveals about their distinct characters.
8. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
9. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
10. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)