|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
(a) Roland Cross Agency.
(b) Roland Chase Agencies.
(c) Ronald Real Estate.
(d) Ronald Chase Agencies.
2. Angela tells Tycho that she first tried to find her father by ____.
(a) Hiring a private investigator.
(b) Googling his name.
(c) Asking her mother for details.
(d) Consulting the phone book.
3. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
(b) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(d) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
4. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
(a) He knows she is serious, so he agrees to help.
(b) He is afraid that if he doesn't go along, the friendship will be ruined.
(c) He doesn't believe she will do what she says she will.
(d) He knows she is serious, but he won't help her because it goes against his conscience.
5. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(a) Too mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
2. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
3. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
4. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
5. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author make clear that Angela and the man in the coffee shop who resembles her are from entirely different worlds?
2. What happens when Angela and Tycho come to a coffee bar on the street?
3. In Chapter 1, Dido and Angela have a conversation about Dido's relationship with Angela's father. How does Dido portray the relationship?
4. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
5. After seeing Roland, Angela recounts how she went about finding out about him. What does she tell Tycho?
6. What does Angela's sharing her secret with Tycho, rather than with Robin, indicate about her relationships with the two boys?
7. While Dido and Angela are having a picnic breakfast, Angela becomes angry at her mother. Why? What does she accuse her mother of?
8. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
9. What does Angela tell Tycho about the men they see in the coffee shop, and how does he respond?
10. When Angela tentatively brings up the idea of a possible reunion between Dido and her father, how does Dido react?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)