|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
(b) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(c) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(d) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
2. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Irresponsible but kind.
(b) Responsible but lazy.
(c) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(d) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
3. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
(a) "It's reasonable to want to know who your parents are. But that doesn't mean they'll want to know who you are."
(b) "What's the point in being reasonable when it doesn't get you what you want?"
(c) "It's reasonable. But is it realistic?"
(d) "What's the use of being reasonable when no one else is?"
4. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
(a) Removes her sunglasses and stares at one of the men.
(b) Turns her back.
(c) Starts talking to Tycho and ignores the men.
(d) Pretends she doesn't see the two men.
5. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) Africa will never move back home.
(b) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
(c) Africa won't move back home this time.
(d) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
2. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
3. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
4. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
5. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
2. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
3. It is clear, in the conversation Angela and Tycho have in the gully after their community service project, that Tycho has been affected by his father's disability. How do we know this?
4. In Chapter 8, Angela tells Tycho of her plan to go to her father's place of business and meet with him face to face. How does Tycho respond?
5. In Chapter 4, Tycho puts forth an interesting idea about truth. Describe what he thinks about truth.
6. What do Angela and Tycho find when they hurry to the scene of the accident?
7. Mr. Potter is portrayed as someone who is unsure of his position in the family. Describe how the author establishes this.
8. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
9. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
10. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)