|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the edge of a dark woods.
(b) At the convergence of three roads.
(c) Beside a deep pond.
(d) At a fork between two roads.
2. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
3. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is manipulative by nature.
(b) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(c) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
(d) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
4. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
(a) She wants to ask him for financial help for her and her mother.
(b) She wants to find out for sure if her father is dead.
(c) She senses her mother is not telling her the whole truth.
(d) She senses that her mother wants to reunite with her father.
5. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
(a) Roland Chase Agencies.
(b) Roland Cross Agency.
(c) Ronald Real Estate.
(d) Ronald Chase Agencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
2. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
3. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
4. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
5. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
2. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
3. In Chapter 2, what evidence does the author give that demonstrates the sibling rivalry between Tycho and his brother and sister?
4. Angela and Tycho come from entirely different worlds it seems. Compare the differences in their family lives.
5. It is clear, in the conversation Angela and Tycho have in the gully after their community service project, that Tycho has been affected by his father's disability. How do we know this?
6. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
7. What happens when Angela and Tycho come to a coffee bar on the street?
8. Angela is aware that Mrs. Potter does not like her. How is this demonstrated when she visits Tycho the day after Africa's phone call?
9. What is the significance of the quote, "Where do we go from here?" at the end of Chapter 4?
10. Although Tycho does not appear until Chapter 2, we learn a fair amount about him through being privy to Angela's thoughts. How is Tycho described in the first chapter?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)