|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) In his office.
(b) At the library.
(c) Walking on the street with his wife.
(d) Walking on the street with a young woman.
2. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A drama queen.
(c) A silly girl.
(d) A good mother.
3. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) She and her husband make up.
(b) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(c) She lives too far away.
(d) It's too early.
4. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Phones him.
(b) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(c) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
(d) Goes to his house and stands outside.
5. Angela tells Tycho that she first tried to find her father by ____.
(a) Asking her mother for details.
(b) Hiring a private investigator.
(c) Consulting the phone book.
(d) Googling his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
2. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
3. When her mother asks why Angela doesn't date Tycho instead of Robin, what reason does she give?
4. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
5. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Angela asks for Tycho's help in carrying out her plan to confront her father in his office. What does her asking Tycho, rather than someone else or rather than going to the office alone, tell us?
2. In Chapter 7, how does the author make clear that Angela has a somewhat romanticized idea of Roland?
3. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
4. When Tycho attempts to talk Angela out of her plan to visit her father's office, Angela's response gives the reader an idea of how well she actually understands Tycho. How is this made clear?
5. While Dido and Angela are having a picnic breakfast, Angela becomes angry at her mother. Why? What does she accuse her mother of?
6. In Chapter 4, Tycho puts forth an interesting idea about truth. Describe what he thinks about truth.
7. What secret is Angela keeping from her mother in Chapter 1?
8. Angela asks Tycho to agree with her that her feeling of curiosity about Roland is natural and reasonable. How does Tycho respond?
9. Angela and Tycho come from entirely different worlds it seems. Compare the differences in their family lives.
10. What happens when Angela and Tycho come to a coffee bar on the street?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)