|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her mother asks why Angela doesn't date Tycho instead of Robin, what reason does she give?
(a) She isn't attracted to Tycho.
(b) Tycho is her best friend, and she doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
(c) Tycho is too lighthearted.
(d) Tycho is too serious.
2. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) It's too early.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(d) She and her husband make up.
3. Dido used to tell Angela a story about a young girl. What was the girl's name?
(a) Roland Chase.
(b) Angela Foster.
(c) Angela Roland.
(d) Dido Roland.
4. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(b) A group of misfits on bicycles.
(c) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(d) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
5. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(b) Sense of humor.
(d) Attitudes toward life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
2. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
4. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
5. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the quote, "Where do we go from here?" at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
3. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
4. Angela and Tycho come from entirely different worlds it seems. Compare the differences in their family lives.
5. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
6. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
7. What happens when Angela and Tycho come to a coffee bar on the street?
8. When Tycho attempts to talk Angela out of her plan to visit her father's office, Angela's response gives the reader an idea of how well she actually understands Tycho. How is this made clear?
9. Angela asks for Tycho's help in carrying out her plan to confront her father in his office. What does her asking Tycho, rather than someone else or rather than going to the office alone, tell us?
10. In Chapter 7, how does the author make clear that Angela has a somewhat romanticized idea of Roland?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)