|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He can leave home for good.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) He will see Angela again.
(d) He has to go to work.
2. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Less anxious.
(d) Chosen and wanted.
3. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
(a) A rich, successful, well-dressed businessman.
(c) A gentle person.
(d) Well-groomed but unattractive.
4. Dido used to tell Angela a story about a young girl. What was the girl's name?
(a) Angela Foster.
(b) Roland Chase.
(c) Dido Roland.
(d) Angela Roland.
5. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
(a) Involved and interested.
(b) Hands off and noninterfering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
2. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
3. Both Angela and Tycho think that Dido doesn't renovate the house because ____.
4. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
5. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
Short Essay Questions
1. While Dido and Angela are having a picnic breakfast, Angela becomes angry at her mother. Why? What does she accuse her mother of?
2. It is clear, in the conversation Angela and Tycho have in the gully after their community service project, that Tycho has been affected by his father's disability. How do we know this?
3. In Chapter 4, Tycho puts forth an interesting idea about truth. Describe what he thinks about truth.
4. What does Angela's sharing her secret with Tycho, rather than with Robin, indicate about her relationships with the two boys?
5. The day after Angela sees Roland in the coffee shop, she wakes up with a new determination. What is she determined to do?
6. Mr. Potter is portrayed as someone who is unsure of his position in the family. Describe how the author establishes this.
7. Angela and Tycho come from entirely different worlds it seems. Compare the differences in their family lives.
8. After seeing Roland, Angela recounts how she went about finding out about him. What does she tell Tycho?
9. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
10. In Chapter 3, the author portrays Angela as somewhat of a rebel and a bit unconventional. How do we know this?
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)