Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) Walking on the street with a young woman.
(b) Walking on the street with his wife.
(c) At the library.
(d) In his office.
2. When Tycho hears Angela's explanation of what she wants her plan to accomplish, what does he believe?
(a) Tycho thinks Angela is lying to him.
(b) Tycho believes Angela is kidding herself.
(c) Tycho thinks Angela's explanation makes sense.
(d) Tycho believes Angela will not go through with the plan.
3. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
(a) Wait in the car for Angela.
(b) Come back later with Angela.
(c) Pick Angela up in an hour.
(d) Come back later, alone, and speak to Roland.
4. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
(a) Drove her to her parents himself.
(c) Hit her harder, to knock her out.
(d) Left her.
5. Dido used to tell Angela a story about a young girl. What was the girl's name?
(a) Dido Roland.
(b) Angela Roland.
(c) Roland Chase.
(d) Angela Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
2. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
3. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
4. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
5. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Mrs. Potter is very traditional, it is also clear that she tries to be supportive of Tycho. With reference to Chapter 10, show how she does this.
2. Describe the scene in which Tycho and his family are introduced in the second chapter.
3. When Angela tentatively brings up the idea of a possible reunion between Dido and her father, how does Dido react?
4. When Tycho attempts to talk Angela out of her plan to visit her father's office, Angela's response gives the reader an idea of how well she actually understands Tycho. How is this made clear?
5. Angela is aware that Mrs. Potter does not like her. How is this demonstrated when she visits Tycho the day after Africa's phone call?
6. How does Angela demonstrate that she is aware of Tycho's attraction to her?
7. After the accident, Tycho returns home to find his family in an uproar. What has happened to upset the Potters?
8. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
9. Describe the conversation Tycho and Richard have about Africa and what that reveals about their distinct characters.
10. What is the significance of the quote, "Where do we go from here?" at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,532 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)