|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both Angela and Tycho think that Dido doesn't renovate the house because ____.
(a) She is too much of a cheapskate.
(b) She can't afford it.
(c) She isn't planning to stay there very much longer.
(d) She enjoys a lifestyle that is inefficient and prone to difficulty.
2. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
(b) Usual spot.
(c) Cafe near the school.
3. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
(b) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
(c) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(d) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
4. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
(a) "What's the point in being reasonable when it doesn't get you what you want?"
(b) "It's reasonable to want to know who your parents are. But that doesn't mean they'll want to know who you are."
(c) "It's reasonable. But is it realistic?"
(d) "What's the use of being reasonable when no one else is?"
5. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(b) He was married.
(c) He was moving to Wales.
(d) He didn't love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Angela and Dido are discussing whether being exposed to loud music is good or bad, what view does Dido take?
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
3. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
4. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
5. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mr. Potter is portrayed as someone who is unsure of his position in the family. Describe how the author establishes this.
2. The day after Angela sees Roland in the coffee shop, she wakes up with a new determination. What is she determined to do?
3. After Angela and Tycho drag Jerry from the car, what do they do?
4. When Tycho learns what has happened in Roland's office, he tries to comfort Angela. How? And how does Angela respond?
5. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
6. While Angela and Tycho are tending to Jerry's injuries, who arrives on the scene? Why is Angela relieved at this arrival?
7. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
8. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
9. Describe the conversation that takes place between Angela and her grandmother in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)