|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Responsible but lazy.
(b) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(c) Irresponsible but kind.
(d) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
2. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A silly girl.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A good mother.
(d) A drama queen.
3. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
(b) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
(c) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
(d) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
4. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
(b) Africa will never move back home.
(c) Africa won't move back home this time.
(d) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
5. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He was married.
(c) He was moving to Wales.
(d) He didn't know she was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
2. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
3. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
4. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
5. In Chapter 7, which character says, "I'm so used to it, I forget it can be changed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Dido and Angela have a conversation about Dido's relationship with Angela's father. How does Dido portray the relationship?
2. The day after Angela sees Roland in the coffee shop, she wakes up with a new determination. What is she determined to do?
3. Although Tycho does not appear until Chapter 2, we learn a fair amount about him through being privy to Angela's thoughts. How is Tycho described in the first chapter?
4. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
5. Describe the scene in which Tycho and his family are introduced in the second chapter.
6. What is the significance of the quote, "Where do we go from here?" at the end of Chapter 4?
7. When Angela tentatively brings up the idea of a possible reunion between Dido and her father, how does Dido react?
8. While Tycho waits for Angela to return from her father's office, he reads a book. What is the book about, and how does it mirror the events in the novel itself?
9. What secret is Angela keeping from her mother in Chapter 1?
10. Angela is aware that Mrs. Potter does not like her. How is this demonstrated when she visits Tycho the day after Africa's phone call?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)