|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Africa's husband's name is ____.
2. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
(a) Involved and interested.
(b) Hands off and noninterfering.
3. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
(b) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
(c) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
(d) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
4. When Tycho hears Angela's explanation of what she wants her plan to accomplish, what does he believe?
(a) Tycho believes Angela will not go through with the plan.
(b) Tycho believes Angela is kidding herself.
(c) Tycho thinks Angela's explanation makes sense.
(d) Tycho thinks Angela is lying to him.
5. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(b) They are triplets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
2. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
3. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
4. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
5. In Chapter 7, which character says, "I'm so used to it, I forget it can be changed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
2. In Chapter 10, Richard and Mr. Potter return from the liquor store, and is it clear they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about, and what does this scene tell us about Mr. Potter?
3. After their night together, Tycho is a changed man. Describe how Angela responds to the apparent changes in him?
4. Describe the difficulty Angela and Tycho are faced with in attempting to get to Angela's house.
5. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
6. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
7. What does Angela tell Tycho about the men they see in the coffee shop, and how does he respond?
8. What does Angela say and do that illustrates that she has changed her mind about Tycho and wants to change the nature of their relationship?
9. What happens to cut short Tycho's recounting of the accident to Richard?
10. Describe what happens when Angela first appears in Tycho's house at midnight.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)