|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(b) She likes living alone.
(c) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(d) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
2. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(b) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(c) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
(d) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
3. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(b) They are triplets.
4. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the convergence of three roads.
(b) At the edge of a dark woods.
(c) Beside a deep pond.
(d) At a fork between two roads.
5. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(a) A group of misfits on bicycles.
(c) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(d) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
2. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
3. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
4. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
5. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Angela and Tycho react in very different ways to the accident. How does each react?
2. While Tycho is outside on the porch, Richard calls from the party. What does Richard say, and what does this mean for the unfolding of the story?
3. Dido finally tells Angela the whole story of the relationship between her and Roland. What does Angela find out?
4. What does Angela's sharing her secret with Tycho, rather than with Robin, indicate about her relationships with the two boys?
5. In Chapter 3, the author portrays Angela as somewhat of a rebel and a bit unconventional. How do we know this?
6. In Chapter 10, Mrs. Potter's character is seen in much more detail. Describe how she is portrayed.
7. In Chapter 4, Tycho puts forth an interesting idea about truth. Describe what he thinks about truth.
8. Once Tycho's family has gone to Africa's party, he decides to call Angela. Describe what happens when he does.
9. In Chapter 2, what evidence does the author give that demonstrates the sibling rivalry between Tycho and his brother and sister?
10. Mr. Potter is portrayed as someone who is unsure of his position in the family. Describe how the author establishes this.
This section contains 1,543 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)