|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dido suggests that she and Angela do something different this morning. What does she suggest?
(a) A picnic breakfast.
(b) Going to church.
(d) Going to a cafe for breakfast.
2. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
(a) Richard is wearing a tie.
(b) Richard puts on a pair of clean briefs and then a pair of old ones with holes over top.
(c) Richard is dressing in his best clothes.
(d) Richard puts on a pair of his father's socks.
3. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
(a) Her father's home address and place of business.
(b) That her mother is lying.
(c) Her father's wife's name.
(d) That her father has contacted her.
4. While Angela and Dido are discussing whether being exposed to loud music is good or bad, what view does Dido take?
(a) It is a silly thing to do because it can damage someone's hearing.
(b) It is a test of intelligence.
(c) It is a test of stamina.
(d) It is fine as long as someone doesn't do it constantly.
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(b) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(c) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(d) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
2. Both Angela and Tycho think that Dido doesn't renovate the house because ____.
3. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
4. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
5. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Angela and Tycho come to a coffee bar on the street?
2. In Chapter 7, Dido acts in a way that is out of character for her. Describe why.
3. In Chapter 1, Dido and Angela have a conversation about Dido's relationship with Angela's father. How does Dido portray the relationship?
4. In Chapter 4, Tycho puts forth an interesting idea about truth. Describe what he thinks about truth.
5. Angela asks Tycho to agree with her that her feeling of curiosity about Roland is natural and reasonable. How does Tycho respond?
6. Describe the scene in which Tycho and his family are introduced in the second chapter.
7. Angela tells Tycho about a story Dido used to tell her when she was a child. Describe the story and its significance.
8. While Dido and Angela are having a picnic breakfast, Angela becomes angry at her mother. Why? What does she accuse her mother of?
9. Describe Tycho's reaction when he and Angela encounter a group of men with motorcycles as they are on their way to the secret location.
10. Dido asks Angela, during the picnic breakfast, why she doesn't date Tycho rather than Robin. Why? How does Angela respond?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)