|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(a) Tycho's mother.
2. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
(a) To see other people.
(b) To keep their new relationship a secret for a while.
(c) To tell Dido so she wouldn't worry about Robin's influence on Angela anymore.
(d) To pretend nothing has happened between them.
3. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
(a) Dido is painting the bathroom.
(b) Tony has a new pet.
(c) Angela has not returned home yet.
(d) Richard is angry at him for not going to the party.
4. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(b) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
(c) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(d) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
5. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
(a) His hair style and clothing.
(b) His diction.
(c) His posture.
(d) His attitude.
6. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
(b) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
(c) That he has a headache.
(d) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
7. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
(a) To ask how things went with Roland.
(b) To ask him over for dinner.
(c) To tell him not to call Angela anymore.
(d) To see if he knew where Angela was.
8. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
(a) She faints.
(b) She says it is too late and pleads with him to stay clear of the car.
(c) She is angry at Tycho for playing hero.
(d) She says Tycho is a hero.
9. In Chapter 11, who does Tycho decide to make a phone call to?
10. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
(a) Dido yells at her.
(b) Dido refuses to speak to her.
(c) Dido grills her about where she's been.
(d) No one answers the phone.
11. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry Street.
(b) Dry Bed Road.
(c) Dry River Run.
(d) Dry Creek Road.
12. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
(a) He tells her that he did love Dido at the time that Angela was conceived.
(b) He tells her that he is sorry for what has happened and asks her to forgive him.
(c) He says he wouldn't have been an asset in her life, and she is better off with just Dido as a parent.
(d) He tells her he has tried to contact her through the years, but Dido refuses to let him see her.
13. After the events of the night before, why does Tycho seem jubilant.
(a) He has read the "The Catalogue of the Universe" all the way through.
(b) He has has slept with Angela.
(c) He is relieved that Angela has not harmed herself.
(d) He has had a haircut.
14. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
(a) The car speeds up and passes by them.
(b) The car catches fire.
(c) The car plummets off the bridge.
(d) The car crashes into one of the uprights on the bridge.
15. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He is hostile and rude.
(b) He is polite.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
2. Tycho's family is scheduled to go to a party. Who is the party for?
3. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
4. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
5. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)