|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho's family is scheduled to go to a party. Who is the party for?
(b) Africa and Hamish.
(c) Africa and Hudson.
2. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
(a) The receptionist.
(c) Roland's mother-in-law.
(d) Roland's mother.
3. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
(a) That Dido was promiscuous.
(b) That Dido lied to Angela.
(c) That Angela was not born in the town.
(d) That Roland has not actually met Dido.
4. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
5. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
(a) No one answers the phone.
(b) Dido grills her about where she's been.
(c) Dido refuses to speak to her.
(d) Dido yells at her.
6. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
(a) The radio suddenly turns itself on.
(b) A noise in the attic.
(c) Angela is standing behind him.
(d) His mother is standing behind him.
7. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
(a) The car is totalled, but Dido has escaped with only minor injuries.
(b) Dido is badly hurt in the accident.
(c) Dido's is trapped in the car, but she is unharmed.
(d) Dido is not in the car.
8. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
(a) The car explodes and catches fire.
(b) Black fog rolls in off the river.
(c) The police arrive.
(d) Tycho dies.
9. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
(a) He asks her to forget about Roland now that she knows the truth.
(b) He tells her that Roland is no good, anyway.
(c) He tells her that Dido loves her, and he is crazy about her.
(d) He hugs her and tells her that he understands.
10. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
11. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
12. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(b) She doesn't love him.
(c) She doesn't know his last name.
(d) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
13. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(b) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(c) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
(d) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
14. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(a) Tycho's mother.
15. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
(a) Her grandmother offered Dido money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Angela.
(b) Roland is not actually her father.
(c) Roland disappeared to Australia when he found out Dido was pregnant.
(d) Africa is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
2. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
3. Who keeps staring at Angela while she waits in Roland's office?
4. In Chapter 16, Angela receives a surprise telephone call from _____.
5. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)