|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela wakes up after her evening in the bar, she realizes ____.
(a) She has a hangover.
(b) She has forgotten to call her mother.
(c) She has left her purse at the bar.
(d) She has forgotten to call Tycho.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
(a) Africa's new boyfriend.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
3. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
(b) Angela has never done that before.
(c) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
(d) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
4. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
(a) Tidy up and eat bagels.
(b) Call Tycho's parents.
(c) Tidy up and have tea.
(d) Sweep the floor and feed the cat.
5. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
(a) A cut face.
(b) A leg injury.
(c) A broken neck.
(d) An arm injury.
6. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
(a) That Roland's wife knew all along about Angela's existence.
(b) That it was her grandmother's fault that Dido and Roland were not together.
(c) That Dido wanted to keep Roland away from her out of vengence.
(d) That Dido lied to her to protect her feelings.
7. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
(a) The radio suddenly turns itself on.
(b) Angela is standing behind him.
(c) His mother is standing behind him.
(d) A noise in the attic.
8. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
9. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
(a) He tells her that Dido loves her, and he is crazy about her.
(b) He tells her that Roland is no good, anyway.
(c) He hugs her and tells her that he understands.
(d) He asks her to forget about Roland now that she knows the truth.
10. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
(a) Black fog rolls in off the river.
(b) Tycho dies.
(c) The police arrive.
(d) The car explodes and catches fire.
11. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
(a) Africa is having an affair.
(b) Her grandmother offered Dido money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Angela.
(c) Roland disappeared to Australia when he found out Dido was pregnant.
(d) Roland is not actually her father.
12. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
(a) She says he should forget about Angela.
(b) Everyone falls for an unsuitable person at some point, but the feeling will pass.
(c) She says Tycho should tell Angela how he feels.
(d) She says Tycho should be happy just being friends because Angela does not return his feelings.
13. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(b) That that is more than deep enough.
(c) That beauty is as beauty does.
(d) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
14. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
15. Dido finally tells Angela the truth about how she and Roland parted. What does she say?
(a) Roland promised to divorce his wife so he could marry Dido.
(b) Roland promised to marry her but then disappeared to Australia, and Dido has not seen him since.
(c) Roland joined the Army, and she didn't know where he was.
(d) Dido broke up the relationship because she didn't love Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
2. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
3. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
4. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
5. What do Angela and Tycho notice about the state of the car that was involved in the accident?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)