|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(b) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(c) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(d) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
2. What do Angela and Tycho notice about the state of the car that was involved in the accident?
(a) It is oozing gasoline.
(b) It is smoldering.
(c) It has no bumpers.
(d) It's in surprisingly good shape.
3. Early in the novel, Tycho made a prediction, which he now learns has come true. What did he predict?
(a) Hudson would hit Africa.
(b) Africa would reunite with Hudson.
(c) Hamish would soon have a little brother or sister.
(d) Africa would move back home.
4. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
(b) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
(c) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
(d) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
5. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
(a) Richard's refusal to go to the party.
(b) Who else will be at the party.
(c) Whether they will go to the party.
(d) What type of liquor they will take to the party later in the evening.
6. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
7. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(d) Tycho's mother.
8. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(b) Mrs. Cherry.
(d) The paramedics.
9. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
(a) Dido yells at her.
(b) No one answers the phone.
(c) Dido refuses to speak to her.
(d) Dido grills her about where she's been.
10. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
(a) That Angela might harm herself.
(b) That Angela will not forgive her for the mistruths she has told about Roland.
(c) That Angela has run away.
(d) That Angela has been in an accident.
11. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
(a) Too shy to make a pass at Angela.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) Afraid of cats.
(d) A virgin.
12. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
(a) Not to mention to Tycho's mother that they've talked.
(b) To contact each other the next day.
(c) Not to mention to Angela that they've talked.
(d) To contact the other if they hear from Angela.
13. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Albert Cherry.
(c) Phil Cherry.
(d) Jerry Cherry.
14. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
(a) That Dido has kept in contact with him all these years.
(b) That Roland wasn't aware of her existence.
(c) That Roland's children are aware of Angela.
(d) That Roland is not married and has no children.
15. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Have a bath.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Wash her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
2. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
3. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
4. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
5. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)