|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
(b) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
(c) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
(d) Angela has never done that before.
2. How does Chapter 12 end?
(a) Tycho's mother comes home and finds Angela there.
(b) Angela and Tycho go to bed together.
(c) Tycho takes Angela home.
(d) Angela falls asleep on the sofa.
3. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Phil Cherry.
(b) Albert Cherry.
(d) Jerry Cherry.
4. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
(a) "Amalthea, the Red Moon of Jupiter."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Catalogue of the Universe."
(d) "Black Holes and Other Mysteries."
5. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
(a) It is Saturday morning, and there are no buses until later.
(b) Angela's car is in the shop for servicing.
(c) Richard refuses to let Tycho use the car.
(d) Tycho's car is broken down.
6. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
(b) He is hostile and rude.
(c) He is polite.
(d) He smiles.
7. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
(a) To keep their new relationship a secret for a while.
(b) To see other people.
(c) To pretend nothing has happened between them.
(d) To tell Dido so she wouldn't worry about Robin's influence on Angela anymore.
8. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
(b) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
(c) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(d) That he has a headache.
9. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
(a) Too shy to make a pass at Angela.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) Afraid of cats.
(d) A virgin.
10. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
11. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
(a) That Angela has been in an accident.
(b) That Angela might harm herself.
(c) That Angela will not forgive her for the mistruths she has told about Roland.
(d) That Angela has run away.
12. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) Drinks at the bar.
(b) A gift for him.
(c) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(d) A taxi ride to the bar.
13. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
(c) She is a virgo.
(d) She has broken up with Robin.
14. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
(b) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
(c) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
(d) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
15. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
(b) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
(c) Richard's careless driving.
(d) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
2. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
3. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
4. Dido finally tells Angela the truth about how she and Roland parted. What does she say?
5. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)