|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's careless driving.
(b) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
(c) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
(d) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
2. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry Creek Road.
(b) Dry Bed Road.
(c) Dry River Run.
(d) Dry Street.
3. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(b) His real name isn't Roland.
(c) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
(d) He has a great dislike of Dido.
4. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
(a) The car catches fire.
(b) The car crashes into one of the uprights on the bridge.
(c) The car plummets off the bridge.
(d) The car speeds up and passes by them.
5. In Chapter 16, Angela receives a surprise telephone call from _____.
(a) Her grandmother, Roland's mother.
6. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
(a) Dido is painting the bathroom.
(b) Tony has a new pet.
(c) Angela has not returned home yet.
(d) Richard is angry at him for not going to the party.
7. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(b) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(c) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(d) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
8. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
(b) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
(c) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
(d) Angela has never done that before.
9. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(b) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(c) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
(d) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
10. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
(a) That Angela was not born in the town.
(b) That Roland has not actually met Dido.
(c) That Dido lied to Angela.
(d) That Dido was promiscuous.
11. Tycho's mother expresses her opinion of Angela. What does she say?
(a) Angela is just using Tycho.
(b) Angela is stuck-up.
(c) Angela is from a broken home, so she is unstable.
(d) Angela is unfriendly and negative.
12. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
(b) Africa's new boyfriend.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
13. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
(b) Dido May's daughter.
(d) Ms. May.
14. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
(a) She says Tycho should be happy just being friends because Angela does not return his feelings.
(b) Everyone falls for an unsuitable person at some point, but the feeling will pass.
(c) She says Tycho should tell Angela how he feels.
(d) She says he should forget about Angela.
15. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She is a virgo.
(c) She has broken up with Robin.
(d) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
2. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
4. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
5. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)