|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
(a) Richard's refusal to go to the party.
(b) What type of liquor they will take to the party later in the evening.
(c) Who else will be at the party.
(d) Whether they will go to the party.
2. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She doesn't know his last name.
(c) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(d) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
3. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
(a) Roland is not actually her father.
(b) Her grandmother offered Dido money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Angela.
(c) Africa is having an affair.
(d) Roland disappeared to Australia when he found out Dido was pregnant.
4. How does Chapter 12 end?
(a) Tycho takes Angela home.
(b) Tycho's mother comes home and finds Angela there.
(c) Angela and Tycho go to bed together.
(d) Angela falls asleep on the sofa.
5. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
(a) He tells her that Roland is no good, anyway.
(b) He asks her to forget about Roland now that she knows the truth.
(c) He tells her that Dido loves her, and he is crazy about her.
(d) He hugs her and tells her that he understands.
6. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(c) That that is more than deep enough.
(d) That beauty is as beauty does.
7. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
(a) Gives him CPR.
(b) Cuts his shirt off with a knife.
(c) Calls the ambulance.
(d) Holds a wet cloth against his wounds.
8. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) Africa's new boyfriend.
9. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
(a) Angela is standing behind him.
(b) His mother is standing behind him.
(c) The radio suddenly turns itself on.
(d) A noise in the attic.
10. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
(a) Vodka twists.
(b) Falling stars.
(c) Broken angels.
(d) Fallen angels.
11. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(a) Mrs. Cherry.
(d) The paramedics.
12. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) A gift for him.
(b) A taxi ride to the bar.
(c) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(d) Drinks at the bar.
13. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
(a) She says Tycho should be happy just being friends because Angela does not return his feelings.
(b) She says he should forget about Angela.
(c) She says Tycho should tell Angela how he feels.
(d) Everyone falls for an unsuitable person at some point, but the feeling will pass.
14. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
(a) Dido is painting the bathroom.
(b) Angela has not returned home yet.
(c) Tony has a new pet.
(d) Richard is angry at him for not going to the party.
15. Dido asks Tycho a pointed question during their telephone call. What does she ask?
(a) She asks if Tycho had given Angela the idea of trying to meet Roland.
(b) She asks if Tycho thinks Robin is a suitable match for Angela.
(c) She asks if Tycho has a crush on Angela.
(d) She asks whether Tycho was aware of Angela's plan to meet Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
2. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
4. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
5. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)