|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
(a) Holds a wet cloth against his wounds.
(b) Gives him CPR.
(c) Calls the ambulance.
(d) Cuts his shirt off with a knife.
2. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Jerry Cherry.
(c) Albert Cherry.
(d) Phil Cherry.
3. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
(a) His attitude.
(b) His hair style and clothing.
(c) His diction.
(d) His posture.
4. Who keeps staring at Angela while she waits in Roland's office?
(a) No one; she is alone.
(b) Roland's business partner.
(c) The security guard.
(d) The receptionist.
5. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
(a) Roland is not actually her father.
(b) Africa is having an affair.
(c) Roland disappeared to Australia when he found out Dido was pregnant.
(d) Her grandmother offered Dido money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Angela.
6. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
7. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(d) Tycho's mother.
8. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
(a) "The Bible."
(b) "Amalthea, the Red Moon of Jupiter."
(c) "The Catalogue of the Universe."
(d) "Black Holes and Other Mysteries."
9. In Chapter 14, Angela's most personal fear is revealed. What is it she fears?
(a) That she will never see Robin again.
(b) That some harm will come to Roland.
(c) That some harm will come to Tycho.
(d) That some harm will come to Dido.
10. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
(c) He is hostile and rude.
(d) He is polite.
11. When Angela wakes up after her evening in the bar, she realizes ____.
(a) She has a hangover.
(b) She has forgotten to call her mother.
(c) She has forgotten to call Tycho.
(d) She has left her purse at the bar.
12. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
(a) His mother has written Dido a letter asking her to keep Angela away from Tycho.
(b) His mother has not passed on the message that Angela called.
(c) His mother has called Dido and told her to stop Angela from calling anymore.
(d) His mother has not passed on the message that Dido called.
13. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
(a) Huge but ugly.
(b) A pink-and-cream structure.
(c) Boring and efficiently laid out.
(d) An elegant warehouse.
14. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
(a) No one answers the phone.
(b) Dido yells at her.
(c) Dido grills her about where she's been.
(d) Dido refuses to speak to her.
15. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
(a) To contact the other if they hear from Angela.
(b) Not to mention to Angela that they've talked.
(c) Not to mention to Tycho's mother that they've talked.
(d) To contact each other the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
2. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
3. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
4. How does Chapter 12 end?
5. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)