|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(a) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
(d) The police officer.
2. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
(b) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
(c) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
(d) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
3. What do Angela and Tycho notice about the state of the car that was involved in the accident?
(a) It's in surprisingly good shape.
(b) It has no bumpers.
(c) It is smoldering.
(d) It is oozing gasoline.
4. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She has broken up with Robin.
(b) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
(c) She is a virgo.
(d) She is a virgin.
5. Who keeps staring at Angela while she waits in Roland's office?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) No one; she is alone.
(c) Roland's business partner.
(d) The security guard.
6. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
(a) His father has become ill, and the family stayed at Africa's overnight.
(b) They've gone shopping.
(c) They've been in an accident.
(d) They've gone on vacation.
7. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Albert Cherry.
(c) Jerry Cherry.
(d) Phil Cherry.
8. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
(b) Richard's careless driving.
(c) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
(d) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
9. In Chapter 16, Angela receives a surprise telephone call from _____.
(d) Her grandmother, Roland's mother.
10. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
(a) That Dido wanted to keep Roland away from her out of vengence.
(b) That it was her grandmother's fault that Dido and Roland were not together.
(c) That Dido lied to her to protect her feelings.
(d) That Roland's wife knew all along about Angela's existence.
11. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
(b) Tycho's mother.
(c) Tycho's father.
12. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
(a) She faints.
(b) She says it is too late and pleads with him to stay clear of the car.
(c) She says Tycho is a hero.
(d) She is angry at Tycho for playing hero.
13. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
(a) That Roland wasn't aware of her existence.
(b) That Roland's children are aware of Angela.
(c) That Roland is not married and has no children.
(d) That Dido has kept in contact with him all these years.
14. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
15. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That beauty is as beauty does.
(b) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(c) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(d) That that is more than deep enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
2. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
3. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
4. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
5. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)