|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
(a) Vodka twists.
(b) Fallen angels.
(c) Falling stars.
(d) Broken angels.
2. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
(a) They've been in an accident.
(b) His father has become ill, and the family stayed at Africa's overnight.
(c) They've gone shopping.
(d) They've gone on vacation.
3. How does Chapter 12 end?
(a) Angela and Tycho go to bed together.
(b) Angela falls asleep on the sofa.
(c) Tycho's mother comes home and finds Angela there.
(d) Tycho takes Angela home.
4. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry River Run.
(b) Dry Creek Road.
(c) Dry Street.
(d) Dry Bed Road.
5. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
(a) Fixes them a snack.
(b) Looks through her purse.
(c) Calls Dido.
(d) Fixes her a drink.
6. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
(b) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
(c) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
(d) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
7. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
(a) Afraid and nervous.
(b) Free of his family and happy.
(c) Uncomfortable with the silence in the house.
(d) Comfortable; he loves the solitude.
8. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
(a) Tycho's car is broken down.
(b) Richard refuses to let Tycho use the car.
(c) Angela's car is in the shop for servicing.
(d) It is Saturday morning, and there are no buses until later.
9. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(b) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(c) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(d) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
10. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) His real name isn't Roland.
(b) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(c) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
(d) He has a great dislike of Dido.
11. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(d) Africa's new boyfriend.
12. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
(a) Tycho dies.
(b) The car explodes and catches fire.
(c) The police arrive.
(d) Black fog rolls in off the river.
13. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
(a) She says Tycho is a hero.
(b) She faints.
(c) She says it is too late and pleads with him to stay clear of the car.
(d) She is angry at Tycho for playing hero.
14. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(a) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
(c) The police officer.
15. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
(a) His attitude.
(b) His posture.
(c) His hair style and clothing.
(d) His diction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
2. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
3. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
4. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
5. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)