|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Walking toward home.
(b) Looking for a telephone.
(c) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(d) Running away from the car accident.
2. As Chapter 15 ends, who turns up at Tycho's house?
(b) Africa's new boyfriend.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
3. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's careless driving.
(b) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
(c) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
(d) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
4. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) He has a great dislike of Dido.
(b) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(c) His real name isn't Roland.
(d) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
5. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
(b) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(c) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(d) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
6. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
(a) The car is totalled, but Dido has escaped with only minor injuries.
(b) Dido is badly hurt in the accident.
(c) Dido is not in the car.
(d) Dido's is trapped in the car, but she is unharmed.
7. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Jerry Cherry.
(b) Albert Cherry.
(c) Phil Cherry.
8. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
(a) Someone yelling for the police.
(b) A moan coming from the top of the bridge.
(c) An ambulance siren.
(d) A moan coming from inside the car.
9. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
(a) His mother has called Dido and told her to stop Angela from calling anymore.
(b) His mother has not passed on the message that Angela called.
(c) His mother has not passed on the message that Dido called.
(d) His mother has written Dido a letter asking her to keep Angela away from Tycho.
10. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
(a) To ask how things went with Roland.
(b) To see if he knew where Angela was.
(c) To tell him not to call Angela anymore.
(d) To ask him over for dinner.
11. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
(b) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
(c) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
(d) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
12. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
(a) Fixes her a drink.
(b) Fixes them a snack.
(c) Looks through her purse.
(d) Calls Dido.
13. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(a) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
(d) The police officer.
14. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
(a) What type of liquor they will take to the party later in the evening.
(b) Richard's refusal to go to the party.
(c) Who else will be at the party.
(d) Whether they will go to the party.
15. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(b) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
(c) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
(d) That he has a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
2. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
3. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
4. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
5. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)