|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
(a) She says he should forget about Angela.
(b) She says Tycho should be happy just being friends because Angela does not return his feelings.
(c) Everyone falls for an unsuitable person at some point, but the feeling will pass.
(d) She says Tycho should tell Angela how he feels.
2. When Angela wakes up after her evening in the bar, she realizes ____.
(a) She has a hangover.
(b) She has forgotten to call her mother.
(c) She has left her purse at the bar.
(d) She has forgotten to call Tycho.
3. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
(a) An arm injury.
(b) A cut face.
(c) A broken neck.
(d) A leg injury.
4. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
(a) To ask him over for dinner.
(b) To see if he knew where Angela was.
(c) To ask how things went with Roland.
(d) To tell him not to call Angela anymore.
5. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Angela has never done that before.
(b) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
(c) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
(d) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
6. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
(a) His diction.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His posture.
(d) His hair style and clothing.
7. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) For a drive in the hills to think.
(b) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
(c) Back to the community service project site.
(d) For a walk by the river.
8. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
(a) Go to look for Angela.
(b) Watch Jupiter.
(c) Watch the street for any sign of Angela.
(d) Have a cigarette.
9. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
(a) To pretend nothing has happened between them.
(b) To keep their new relationship a secret for a while.
(c) To see other people.
(d) To tell Dido so she wouldn't worry about Robin's influence on Angela anymore.
10. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
(a) "Amalthea, the Red Moon of Jupiter."
(b) "Black Holes and Other Mysteries."
(c) "The Catalogue of the Universe."
(d) "The Bible."
11. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
(a) A stranger who has also stopped to help.
(b) The police officer.
12. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
13. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
(a) That Dido lied to Angela.
(b) That Roland has not actually met Dido.
(c) That Angela was not born in the town.
(d) That Dido was promiscuous.
14. When it is clear that Tycho is going to try to help the person trapped in the car, how does Angela initially react?
(a) She says Tycho is a hero.
(b) She says it is too late and pleads with him to stay clear of the car.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is angry at Tycho for playing hero.
15. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
(a) Want another girl.
(b) Drink as much as she has tonight.
(c) Ask questions about Roland.
(d) Tell Dido she has been drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
2. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
3. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
4. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
5. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)