|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) For a walk by the river.
(b) For a drive in the hills to think.
(c) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
(d) Back to the community service project site.
2. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
(a) Black fog rolls in off the river.
(b) Tycho dies.
(c) The police arrive.
(d) The car explodes and catches fire.
3. Dido finally tells Angela the truth about how she and Roland parted. What does she say?
(a) Roland promised to divorce his wife so he could marry Dido.
(b) Roland promised to marry her but then disappeared to Australia, and Dido has not seen him since.
(c) Dido broke up the relationship because she didn't love Roland.
(d) Roland joined the Army, and she didn't know where he was.
4. How does Chapter 12 end?
(a) Angela falls asleep on the sofa.
(b) Tycho's mother comes home and finds Angela there.
(c) Tycho takes Angela home.
(d) Angela and Tycho go to bed together.
5. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
(b) Tycho's father.
(d) Tycho's mother.
6. After the events of the night before, why does Tycho seem jubilant.
(a) He has has slept with Angela.
(b) He has had a haircut.
(c) He is relieved that Angela has not harmed herself.
(d) He has read the "The Catalogue of the Universe" all the way through.
7. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(c) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
(d) She doesn't know his last name.
8. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) A taxi ride to the bar.
(b) Drinks at the bar.
(c) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(d) A gift for him.
9. In Chapter 11, who does Tycho decide to make a phone call to?
10. When Tycho arrives home from his outing with Angela, he finds his family discussing ____.
(a) Who else will be at the party.
(b) Whether they will go to the party.
(c) Richard's refusal to go to the party.
(d) What type of liquor they will take to the party later in the evening.
11. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
(a) He tells her that he did love Dido at the time that Angela was conceived.
(b) He tells her that he is sorry for what has happened and asks her to forgive him.
(c) He says he wouldn't have been an asset in her life, and she is better off with just Dido as a parent.
(d) He tells her he has tried to contact her through the years, but Dido refuses to let him see her.
12. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
(b) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
(c) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
(d) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
13. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
14. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
(a) His mother is standing behind him.
(b) A noise in the attic.
(c) The radio suddenly turns itself on.
(d) Angela is standing behind him.
15. Angela tells Tycho about her evening. She says she has been at a bar called ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
2. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
3. In Chapter 16, Angela receives a surprise telephone call from _____.
4. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
5. Tycho's family is scheduled to go to a party. Who is the party for?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)