|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
(a) Tidy up and have tea.
(b) Call Tycho's parents.
(c) Sweep the floor and feed the cat.
(d) Tidy up and eat bagels.
2. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry Creek Road.
(b) Dry Street.
(c) Dry Bed Road.
(d) Dry River Run.
3. Who keeps staring at Angela while she waits in Roland's office?
(a) No one; she is alone.
(b) Roland's business partner.
(c) The security guard.
(d) The receptionist.
4. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
(a) Dido yells at her.
(b) Dido refuses to speak to her.
(c) No one answers the phone.
(d) Dido grills her about where she's been.
5. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
(a) Dido is badly hurt in the accident.
(b) Dido's is trapped in the car, but she is unharmed.
(c) Dido is not in the car.
(d) The car is totalled, but Dido has escaped with only minor injuries.
6. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
(a) "Black Holes and Other Mysteries."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Catalogue of the Universe."
(d) "Amalthea, the Red Moon of Jupiter."
7. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
(a) That Angela has run away.
(b) That Angela has been in an accident.
(c) That Angela might harm herself.
(d) That Angela will not forgive her for the mistruths she has told about Roland.
8. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
(a) Comfortable; he loves the solitude.
(b) Free of his family and happy.
(c) Uncomfortable with the silence in the house.
(d) Afraid and nervous.
9. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(b) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(c) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(d) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
10. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
(c) She doesn't know his last name.
(d) She thought he looked a bit insane.
11. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) His real name isn't Roland.
(b) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
(c) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(d) He has a great dislike of Dido.
12. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
(a) Rolling a cigarette.
(b) Drinking tea and knitting.
(c) Rolling out pie dough.
(d) Washing dishes.
13. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That beauty is as beauty does.
(b) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(c) That that is more than deep enough.
(d) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
14. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
(a) Tycho's mother.
(b) Tycho's father.
15. Tycho's mother expresses her opinion of Angela. What does she say?
(a) Angela is unfriendly and negative.
(b) Angela is just using Tycho.
(c) Angela is stuck-up.
(d) Angela is from a broken home, so she is unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
2. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
3. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
4. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
5. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)