|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
(a) When Angela suggests he get rid of his jacket, he says it is not worn out yet.
(b) He takes an umbrella in case it starts to rain.
(c) He insists on making sure they have enough bus fare before they leave the house.
(d) He checks to make sure there is gas in the car before they drive off.
2. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) Back to the community service project site.
(b) For a drive in the hills to think.
(c) For a walk by the river.
(d) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
4. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is a virgo.
(b) She has broken up with Robin.
(c) She is a virgin.
(d) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
5. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
(a) "Black Holes and Other Mysteries."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Catalogue of the Universe."
(d) "Amalthea, the Red Moon of Jupiter."
6. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
(a) A cut face.
(b) A broken neck.
(c) A leg injury.
(d) An arm injury.
7. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
(b) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
(c) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(d) That he has a headache.
8. In Chapter 12, which character says, "Chance favors the prepared mind"?
9. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
(a) To see if he knew where Angela was.
(b) To tell him not to call Angela anymore.
(c) To ask him over for dinner.
(d) To ask how things went with Roland.
10. When Angela wakes up after her evening in the bar, she realizes ____.
(a) She has forgotten to call Tycho.
(b) She has left her purse at the bar.
(c) She has forgotten to call her mother.
(d) She has a hangover.
11. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
(a) Afraid and nervous.
(b) Comfortable; he loves the solitude.
(c) Uncomfortable with the silence in the house.
(d) Free of his family and happy.
12. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
(a) The car plummets off the bridge.
(b) The car crashes into one of the uprights on the bridge.
(c) The car speeds up and passes by them.
(d) The car catches fire.
13. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(a) Mrs. Cherry.
(d) The paramedics.
14. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
(a) Cuts his shirt off with a knife.
(b) Gives him CPR.
(c) Holds a wet cloth against his wounds.
(d) Calls the ambulance.
15. When Angela leaves the office building, what does she do?
(a) She goes for coffee with Tycho and tells him what has happened.
(b) She decides to call her mother and tell her she has seen Roland.
(c) She decides to try to see Roland again.
(d) She calls her mother and tells her she will be late getting home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela and Tycho arrive at the scene of the car accident, who asks for their help?
2. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
3. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
4. After the events of the night before, why does Tycho seem jubilant.
5. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)