|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
(a) Africa is having an affair.
(b) Her grandmother offered Dido money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Angela.
(c) Roland disappeared to Australia when he found out Dido was pregnant.
(d) Roland is not actually her father.
2. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
(b) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(c) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(d) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
3. Why is Dido suspicious when Angela goes out to meet Tycho as he drives up the hill toward her house?
(a) Dido doesn't like Tycho.
(b) Angela has told her that the friendship with Tycho is finished.
(c) Dido thinks Angela wants to ask Tycho to take her to Roland's.
(d) Angela has never done that before.
4. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
(a) Want another girl.
(b) Drink as much as she has tonight.
(c) Ask questions about Roland.
(d) Tell Dido she has been drinking.
5. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
(b) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
(c) Richard's careless driving.
(d) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
6. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She has broken up with Robin.
(c) She is a virgo.
(d) She is in love with someone other than Robin.
7. Angela realizes that Dido has lied to her. What does Roland tell her that reveals the lie?
(a) That Roland's children are aware of Angela.
(b) That Dido has kept in contact with him all these years.
(c) That Roland is not married and has no children.
(d) That Roland wasn't aware of her existence.
8. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
(a) Falling stars.
(b) Fallen angels.
(c) Vodka twists.
(d) Broken angels.
9. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
(a) Fixes them a snack.
(b) Calls Dido.
(c) Fixes her a drink.
(d) Looks through her purse.
10. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) His real name isn't Roland.
(b) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(c) He has a great dislike of Dido.
(d) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
11. In Chapter 14, Angela's most personal fear is revealed. What is it she fears?
(a) That some harm will come to Roland.
(b) That she will never see Robin again.
(c) That some harm will come to Tycho.
(d) That some harm will come to Dido.
12. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
(a) Have a cigarette.
(b) Watch Jupiter.
(c) Watch the street for any sign of Angela.
(d) Go to look for Angela.
13. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
(c) Tycho's father.
(d) Tycho's mother.
14. As Tycho and Angela talk over the events of the last few days, they make a decision about their relationship. What do they decide?
(a) To see other people.
(b) To pretend nothing has happened between them.
(c) To tell Dido so she wouldn't worry about Robin's influence on Angela anymore.
(d) To keep their new relationship a secret for a while.
15. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
(a) The paramedics.
(b) Mrs. Cherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
2. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
3. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
4. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
5. Who is trapped inside the car that has tumbled off the bridge?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)