|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry Creek Road.
(b) Dry Street.
(c) Dry Bed Road.
(d) Dry River Run.
2. In Chapter 13, it is clear that until now Tycho has been _______.
(a) Afraid of cats.
(b) Too shy to make a pass at Angela.
(c) A virgin.
(d) An intellectual.
3. When Angela hears the truth about the relationship between her mother and father, what does she realize?
(a) That Dido lied to her to protect her feelings.
(b) That Dido wanted to keep Roland away from her out of vengence.
(c) That it was her grandmother's fault that Dido and Roland were not together.
(d) That Roland's wife knew all along about Angela's existence.
4. As Tycho and Angela approach the car in Chapter 14, what do they hear?
(a) Someone yelling for the police.
(b) An ambulance siren.
(c) A moan coming from the top of the bridge.
(d) A moan coming from inside the car.
5. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(b) Looking for a telephone.
(c) Walking toward home.
(d) Running away from the car accident.
6. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
(a) He tells her he has tried to contact her through the years, but Dido refuses to let him see her.
(b) He tells her that he did love Dido at the time that Angela was conceived.
(c) He says he wouldn't have been an asset in her life, and she is better off with just Dido as a parent.
(d) He tells her that he is sorry for what has happened and asks her to forgive him.
7. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
(a) That Roland has not actually met Dido.
(b) That Angela was not born in the town.
(c) That Dido lied to Angela.
(d) That Dido was promiscuous.
8. Before the surprise phone call Angela receives, Dido has started to tell her about the past. What has she learned about the caller?
(a) Africa is having an affair.
(b) Her grandmother offered Dido money to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Angela.
(c) Roland disappeared to Australia when he found out Dido was pregnant.
(d) Roland is not actually her father.
9. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
(a) Black fog rolls in off the river.
(b) The police arrive.
(c) The car explodes and catches fire.
(d) Tycho dies.
10. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
(a) Albert Cherry.
(c) Jerry Cherry.
(d) Phil Cherry.
11. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
(a) Fixes them a snack.
(b) Fixes her a drink.
(c) Looks through her purse.
(d) Calls Dido.
12. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(b) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(c) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
(d) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
13. When she suddenly appears at his house, Angela asks Tycho if she can ____.
(a) Have a bath.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Borrow some money.
(d) Wash her hair.
14. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
(a) That Dido refused to take money from him for Angela.
(b) That he didn't even know she existed.
(c) That he doesn't really care about what she's experienced.
(d) That he never sent child support payments to Dido.
15. The person sitting beside the car is injured. What kind of injury does the person have?
(a) A leg injury.
(b) An arm injury.
(c) A cut face.
(d) A broken neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
2. While Angela was at the bar, what was she drinking?
3. Who keeps staring at Angela while she waits in Roland's office?
4. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
5. Dido explains why she didn't answer the phone the previous night. What does she say?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)