|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
(a) Starts talking to Tycho and ignores the men.
(b) Removes her sunglasses and stares at one of the men.
(c) Turns her back.
(d) Pretends she doesn't see the two men.
2. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her jogging suit.
(b) In her car.
(c) In her nightgown.
(d) In her underwear.
3. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
(a) About her idea that Roland is not really her father.
(b) About her plan to go to her father's office.
(c) That she is going to forget about trying to meet her father.
(d) That Dido and Angela had an argument.
4. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
(b) One of the men is his own uncle.
(c) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(d) The men don't speak English.
5. Dido suggests that she and Angela do something different this morning. What does she suggest?
(b) Going to a cafe for breakfast.
(c) Going to church.
(d) A picnic breakfast.
6. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her birthday.
(b) It is her second wedding anniversary.
(c) It is her baby's birthday.
(d) It is her first wedding anniversary.
7. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
(b) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(c) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
(d) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
8. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(a) They are triplets.
9. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(b) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(c) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(d) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
10. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
(a) That her father has contacted her.
(b) Her father's home address and place of business.
(c) Her father's wife's name.
(d) That her mother is lying.
11. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) Richard spread lies about him.
(b) His father is disabled.
(c) His mother is mean.
(d) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
12. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
(b) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(c) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(d) She is manipulative by nature.
13. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
14. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
15. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
(a) Dido thinks Tycho is safer.
(b) Dido thinks Robin lacks imagination.
(c) Dido thinks Robin is stuck-up and selfish.
(d) Dido simply likes Tycho better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
2. Angela tells Tycho that she first tried to find her father by ____.
3. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
4. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
5. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)