|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
(a) That Dido and Angela had an argument.
(b) About her idea that Roland is not really her father.
(c) That she is going to forget about trying to meet her father.
(d) About her plan to go to her father's office.
2. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(c) Skip school and go to a concert.
(d) Write letters of protest to politicians.
3. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
4. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(b) One of the men is his own uncle.
(c) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
(d) The men don't speak English.
5. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
6. Angela's mother's name is ____.
7. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Chosen and wanted.
(c) Less anxious.
8. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the edge of a dark woods.
(b) At the convergence of three roads.
(c) Beside a deep pond.
(d) At a fork between two roads.
9. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
(a) Good at sports.
10. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(a) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(b) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
(d) A group of misfits on bicycles.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 7, when Angela wakes up the morning after seeing her father, what does she decide to do?
(a) To go back to the venue where she saw him the day before.
(b) To ask her mother to tell her the whole story about the relationship between Dido and Roland.
(c) To write him a letter.
(d) To go to his office and confront him.
12. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
(a) Tycho says Angela is being obsessive.
(b) Tycho says he doesn't understand why Angela doesn't just leave the past in the past.
(c) Tycho says natural curiosity should be explored.
(d) Tycho says that giving in to natural curiosity doesn't always bring about hoped-for results.
13. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
(a) "Angela Roland."
(b) "The Great Chase."
(c) "The Great Mystery."
(d) "The Mysterious Chase."
14. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She likes living alone.
(b) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(c) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(d) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
15. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(c) Sense of humor.
(d) Attitudes toward life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
2. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
3. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
4. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
5. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)