|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(b) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(c) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
(d) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
2. In Chapter 7, which character says, "I'm so used to it, I forget it can be changed"?
3. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
(a) That Dido and Angela had an argument.
(b) About her idea that Roland is not really her father.
(c) That she is going to forget about trying to meet her father.
(d) About her plan to go to her father's office.
4. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He was married.
(c) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(d) He was moving to Wales.
5. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
(a) "It's reasonable. But is it realistic?"
(b) "It's reasonable to want to know who your parents are. But that doesn't mean they'll want to know who you are."
(c) "What's the point in being reasonable when it doesn't get you what you want?"
(d) "What's the use of being reasonable when no one else is?"
6. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(b) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(c) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(d) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
7. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
8. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Less anxious.
(c) Chosen and wanted.
9. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the convergence of three roads.
(b) At a fork between two roads.
(c) Beside a deep pond.
(d) At the edge of a dark woods.
10. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(b) Too mature.
11. Africa's husband's name is ____.
12. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip school and go to a concert.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(c) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
13. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to complain about their sister.
(b) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(c) He wants to borrow money.
(d) He wants to wake Tycho up.
14. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
(a) Richard puts on a pair of his father's socks.
(b) Richard is dressing in his best clothes.
(c) Richard puts on a pair of clean briefs and then a pair of old ones with holes over top.
(d) Richard is wearing a tie.
15. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
(a) Dido simply likes Tycho better.
(b) Dido thinks Robin is stuck-up and selfish.
(c) Dido thinks Tycho is safer.
(d) Dido thinks Robin lacks imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
2. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
3. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
4. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
5. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)