|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela has indicated that she is taking Tycho to an unknown place but won't tell him where. Where is she taking him?
(a) To her house.
(b) To a coffee shop.
(c) To a cemetary.
(d) To a magazine store.
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(b) He wants to complain about their sister.
(c) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(d) He wants to borrow money.
3. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
(b) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
(c) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(d) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
4. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
(b) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
(c) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
(d) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
5. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her jogging suit.
(b) In her underwear.
(c) In her nightgown.
(d) In her car.
6. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
7. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
(b) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(c) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(d) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
8. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
9. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
(b) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(c) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
(d) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
10. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
11. How does Chapter 8 end?
(a) Angela gets out of the car and walks toward her father's office.
(b) Angela gets out of the car, changes her mind, and gets back in.
(c) Tycho drives away and leaves Angela alone.
(d) Tycho falls asleep while waiting for Angela to come back.
12. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
(a) He thinks Robin will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(b) He thinks Dido will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(c) He thinks Angela's father is self-absorbed.
(d) He is afraid Angela's father will represent competition for her attention and affections.
13. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
14. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
(a) Nothing; she doesn't really think about it.
(b) The missing-parent group.
(c) The broken-home gang.
(d) The broken-home fellowship.
15. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Phones him.
(b) Goes to his house and stands outside.
(c) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(d) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
2. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
3. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
4. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
5. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)