|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
(b) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
(c) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
(d) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
2. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
(a) Wait in the car for Angela.
(b) Pick Angela up in an hour.
(c) Come back later with Angela.
(d) Come back later, alone, and speak to Roland.
3. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She makes a joke to Tycho about how they resemble each other.
(d) She sighs a sigh of relief.
4. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip school and go to a concert.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(c) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
5. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
(a) Removes her sunglasses and stares at one of the men.
(b) Starts talking to Tycho and ignores the men.
(c) Pretends she doesn't see the two men.
(d) Turns her back.
6. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
(a) Cafe near the school.
(b) Usual spot.
7. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
(a) She says she wants only to hear him say her name.
(b) She says that her father has always been a stranger and should remain so.
(c) She says she wants only to have him see her face to face.
(d) She says she is attempting to meet her father for her mother's sake.
8. Africa's husband's name is ____.
9. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
(b) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(c) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(d) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
10. When Tycho hears Angela's explanation of what she wants her plan to accomplish, what does he believe?
(a) Tycho believes Angela will not go through with the plan.
(b) Tycho thinks Angela is lying to him.
(c) Tycho believes Angela is kidding herself.
(d) Tycho thinks Angela's explanation makes sense.
11. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
12. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Goes to his house and stands outside.
(b) Phones him.
(c) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(d) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
13. While Angela and Dido are discussing whether being exposed to loud music is good or bad, what view does Dido take?
(a) It is a silly thing to do because it can damage someone's hearing.
(b) It is a test of stamina.
(c) It is fine as long as someone doesn't do it constantly.
(d) It is a test of intelligence.
14. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
(b) Hit her harder, to knock her out.
(c) Left her.
(d) Drove her to her parents himself.
15. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
(a) She wants to find out for sure if her father is dead.
(b) She senses her mother is not telling her the whole truth.
(c) She wants to ask him for financial help for her and her mother.
(d) She senses that her mother wants to reunite with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
2. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
3. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
4. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
5. Africa's son is named ____.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)