|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A good mother.
(c) A silly girl.
(d) A drama queen.
2. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
(a) "What's the use of being reasonable when no one else is?"
(b) "It's reasonable to want to know who your parents are. But that doesn't mean they'll want to know who you are."
(c) "What's the point in being reasonable when it doesn't get you what you want?"
(d) "It's reasonable. But is it realistic?"
3. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
4. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She makes a joke to Tycho about how they resemble each other.
(c) She sighs a sigh of relief.
(d) She starts to cry.
5. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(a) A group of misfits on bicycles.
(b) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(c) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
6. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
7. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(b) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(c) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(d) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
8. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
(a) Truth wobbles.
(b) Truth is the opposite of imagination.
(c) Truth is impossible.
(d) Truth hurts.
9. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
(a) The missing-parent group.
(b) The broken-home gang.
(c) Nothing; she doesn't really think about it.
(d) The broken-home fellowship.
10. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
(a) The Gladheart.
(b) The Gladstone.
(c) The Gladiator.
(d) The Victoria Club.
11. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(a) Too mature.
12. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
(b) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(c) He is happy because he misses her.
(d) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
13. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her jogging suit.
(b) In her nightgown.
(c) In her underwear.
(d) In her car.
14. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
(a) "The Mysterious Chase."
(b) "The Great Mystery."
(c) "The Great Chase."
(d) "Angela Roland."
15. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
(a) Starts talking to Tycho and ignores the men.
(b) Turns her back.
(c) Pretends she doesn't see the two men.
(d) Removes her sunglasses and stares at one of the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
2. What is Tycho's reaction to whom he and Angela encounter as they walk along the street?
3. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
4. In Chapter 7, which character says, "I'm so used to it, I forget it can be changed"?
5. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)