|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dido suggests that she and Angela do something different this morning. What does she suggest?
(a) Going to a cafe for breakfast.
(b) Going to church.
(d) A picnic breakfast.
2. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(b) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(c) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
(d) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
3. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was married.
(b) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(c) He was moving to Wales.
(d) He didn't love her.
4. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(b) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
(c) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
(d) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
5. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(b) She is manipulative by nature.
(c) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
(d) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
6. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
7. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(b) She and her husband make up.
(c) It's too early.
(d) She lives too far away.
8. What is Tycho's reaction to whom he and Angela encounter as they walk along the street?
(a) He makes a joke.
(b) He stares.
(c) He is afraid to make eye contact.
(d) He tries to start a conversation.
9. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(b) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(c) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
(d) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
10. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Less anxious.
(b) Chosen and wanted.
11. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(b) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(c) He wants to complain about their sister.
(d) He wants to borrow money.
12. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(b) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(c) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
(d) A group of misfits on bicycles.
13. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) Walking on the street with his wife.
(b) At the library.
(c) Walking on the street with a young woman.
(d) In his office.
14. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
(a) Richard is wearing a tie.
(b) Richard is dressing in his best clothes.
(c) Richard puts on a pair of clean briefs and then a pair of old ones with holes over top.
(d) Richard puts on a pair of his father's socks.
15. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(c) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(d) Skip school and go to a concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
2. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
3. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
4. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
5. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)