|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(b) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(d) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
2. Africa's son is named ____.
3. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Rebellious but good-hearted.
(b) Lazy but kind.
(c) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(d) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
4. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) Walking on the street with his wife.
(b) At the library.
(c) Walking on the street with a young woman.
(d) In his office.
5. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(a) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(b) A group of misfits on bicycles.
(d) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
6. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
(c) Cafe near the school.
(d) Usual spot.
7. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
8. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
9. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
(a) Dido thinks Tycho is safer.
(b) Dido thinks Robin is stuck-up and selfish.
(c) Dido simply likes Tycho better.
(d) Dido thinks Robin lacks imagination.
10. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
(a) The broken-home gang.
(b) The missing-parent group.
(c) The broken-home fellowship.
(d) Nothing; she doesn't really think about it.
11. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(b) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
12. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother mowing the grass.
(b) Her mother playing the harp.
(c) Her mother scything the grass.
(d) Her mother talking to herself.
13. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
14. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) Like a movie.
(b) An accident.
(c) Like a fairy tale.
15. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
(a) Write him off and forget about him.
(b) Send him a letter.
(c) Ask her mother to set up a meeting.
(d) Telephone him and ask if the two can meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
2. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
3. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
4. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
5. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)