|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(b) Too mature.
2. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
(a) The broken-home gang.
(b) The missing-parent group.
(c) The broken-home fellowship.
(d) Nothing; she doesn't really think about it.
3. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(b) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(c) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(d) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
4. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
(a) That she will spread gossip about Tycho if he doesn't go along with the plan.
(b) That the friendship will be over if Tycho doesn't support her plan.
(c) That she respects his opinion, and if he wants to leave, she will still be his friend regardless.
(d) That if Tycho won't support her plan, she will just come back another day.
5. When Tycho points out that her father doesn't seem very happy to see Angela, how does she react?
(a) Angela says he probably didn't recognize her.
(b) Angela gets angry with Tycho.
(c) Angela says Tycho is being too negative.
(d) Angela defends him.
6. When Tycho hears Angela's explanation of what she wants her plan to accomplish, what does he believe?
(a) Tycho thinks Angela's explanation makes sense.
(b) Tycho believes Angela is kidding herself.
(c) Tycho believes Angela will not go through with the plan.
(d) Tycho thinks Angela is lying to him.
7. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She likes living alone.
(b) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(c) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(d) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
8. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
(a) Come back later with Angela.
(b) Pick Angela up in an hour.
(c) Wait in the car for Angela.
(d) Come back later, alone, and speak to Roland.
9. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A silly girl.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A good mother.
(d) A drama queen.
10. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is manipulative by nature.
(b) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(c) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(d) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
11. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) The men don't speak English.
(b) One of the men is his own uncle.
(c) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(d) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
12. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(d) They are triplets.
13. In Chapter 7, which character says, "I'm so used to it, I forget it can be changed"?
14. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) He will see Angela again.
(d) He can leave home for good.
15. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Irresponsible but kind.
(b) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(c) Responsible but lazy.
(d) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
2. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
3. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
4. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
5. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)