|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
2. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
(b) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(c) Rebellious but good-hearted.
(d) Lazy but kind.
3. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
(a) Well-groomed but unattractive.
(c) A gentle person.
(d) A rich, successful, well-dressed businessman.
4. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
(a) That she respects his opinion, and if he wants to leave, she will still be his friend regardless.
(b) That if Tycho won't support her plan, she will just come back another day.
(c) That she will spread gossip about Tycho if he doesn't go along with the plan.
(d) That the friendship will be over if Tycho doesn't support her plan.
5. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
(a) Tycho says natural curiosity should be explored.
(b) Tycho says Angela is being obsessive.
(c) Tycho says he doesn't understand why Angela doesn't just leave the past in the past.
(d) Tycho says that giving in to natural curiosity doesn't always bring about hoped-for results.
6. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
(b) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
(c) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(d) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
7. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
(b) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(c) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
(d) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
8. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(d) Too mature.
9. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
(b) Their parents are too old.
(c) The house is too small.
(d) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
10. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
(a) Send him a letter.
(b) Telephone him and ask if the two can meet.
(c) Write him off and forget about him.
(d) Ask her mother to set up a meeting.
11. Both Angela and Tycho think that Dido doesn't renovate the house because ____.
(a) She isn't planning to stay there very much longer.
(b) She is too much of a cheapskate.
(c) She can't afford it.
(d) She enjoys a lifestyle that is inefficient and prone to difficulty.
12. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(b) Phones him.
(c) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
(d) Goes to his house and stands outside.
13. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(b) The sound of a lawn mower.
(c) A cat meowing.
(d) Moonlight through the window.
14. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother mowing the grass.
(b) Her mother scything the grass.
(c) Her mother talking to herself.
(d) Her mother playing the harp.
15. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
(a) The Gladiator.
(b) The Gladheart.
(c) The Victoria Club.
(d) The Gladstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
2. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
3. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
4. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
5. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)