|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela tells Tycho that she first tried to find her father by ____.
(a) Consulting the phone book.
(b) Googling his name.
(c) Hiring a private investigator.
(d) Asking her mother for details.
2. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(c) Too mature.
3. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
(b) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(c) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(d) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
4. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
(b) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(c) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(d) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
5. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
6. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
(b) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(c) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(d) She is manipulative by nature.
7. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
(a) Roland Cross Agency.
(b) Roland Chase Agencies.
(c) Ronald Chase Agencies.
(d) Ronald Real Estate.
8. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
(a) She says that her father has always been a stranger and should remain so.
(b) She says she wants only to have him see her face to face.
(c) She says she is attempting to meet her father for her mother's sake.
(d) She says she wants only to hear him say her name.
9. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
(b) Goes to his house and stands outside.
(c) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(d) Phones him.
10. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their parents are too old.
(b) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
(c) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
(d) The house is too small.
11. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) His mother is mean.
(b) His father is disabled.
(c) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(d) Richard spread lies about him.
12. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
(c) Involved and interested.
(d) Hands off and noninterfering.
13. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A drama queen.
(c) A silly girl.
(d) A good mother.
14. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
(a) She senses that her mother wants to reunite with her father.
(b) She senses her mother is not telling her the whole truth.
(c) She wants to find out for sure if her father is dead.
(d) She wants to ask him for financial help for her and her mother.
15. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
(a) That the world is symmetrical.
(b) That the world is only an idea.
(c) That the earth revolves around the sun.
(d) That truth is only an idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
2. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
3. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
4. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
5. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)