|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(d) They are triplets.
2. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
(a) Hit her harder, to knock her out.
(b) Drove her to her parents himself.
(c) Left her.
3. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
4. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She makes a joke to Tycho about how they resemble each other.
(d) She sighs a sigh of relief.
5. Africa's husband's name is ____.
6. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
7. While Angela and her mother are having breakfast, Dido interrogates Angela about ____.
(a) Why Angela is trying to meet her father.
(b) What Angela plans to do that day.
(c) Robin's character.
(d) What Angela did the night before.
8. While Angela and Dido are discussing whether being exposed to loud music is good or bad, what view does Dido take?
(a) It is fine as long as someone doesn't do it constantly.
(b) It is a test of stamina.
(c) It is a silly thing to do because it can damage someone's hearing.
(d) It is a test of intelligence.
9. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(b) He was married.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He was moving to Wales.
10. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
(a) At the library.
(b) In his office.
(c) Walking on the street with his wife.
(d) Walking on the street with a young woman.
11. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He will see Angela again.
(b) He can leave home for good.
(c) He has to go to school.
(d) He has to go to work.
12. How does Angela rationalize her father's reaction to seeing her?
(a) She convinces herself that her father didn't recognize her.
(b) She thinks perhaps she is mistaken and the man isn't really her father.
(c) She convinces herself that her father is just shocked to see her.
(d) She says it is understandable that he wouldn't acknowledge her in public.
13. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
(b) The house is too small.
(c) Their parents are too old.
(d) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
14. When her mother asks why Angela doesn't date Tycho instead of Robin, what reason does she give?
(a) Tycho is too serious.
(b) Tycho is too lighthearted.
(c) She isn't attracted to Tycho.
(d) Tycho is her best friend, and she doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
15. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) One of the men is his own uncle.
(b) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(c) The men don't speak English.
(d) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
2. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
3. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
4. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
5. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)