|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, which character says, "I'm so used to it, I forget it can be changed"?
2. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
(b) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(c) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
(d) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
3. When her mother asks why Angela doesn't date Tycho instead of Robin, what reason does she give?
(a) Tycho is too lighthearted.
(b) Tycho is her best friend, and she doesn't want to ruin their friendship.
(c) She isn't attracted to Tycho.
(d) Tycho is too serious.
4. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(b) She likes living alone.
(c) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(d) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
5. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
(a) That her mother is lying.
(b) Her father's wife's name.
(c) That her father has contacted her.
(d) Her father's home address and place of business.
6. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her birthday.
(b) It is her second wedding anniversary.
(c) It is her baby's birthday.
(d) It is her first wedding anniversary.
7. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
(a) That if Tycho won't support her plan, she will just come back another day.
(b) That she will spread gossip about Tycho if he doesn't go along with the plan.
(c) That she respects his opinion, and if he wants to leave, she will still be his friend regardless.
(d) That the friendship will be over if Tycho doesn't support her plan.
8. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
(a) The missing-parent group.
(b) The broken-home gang.
(c) Nothing; she doesn't really think about it.
(d) The broken-home fellowship.
9. Africa's son is named ____.
10. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
(b) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
(c) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(d) He is happy because he misses her.
11. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(b) Less anxious.
(d) Chosen and wanted.
12. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
(a) That she is going to forget about trying to meet her father.
(b) About her plan to go to her father's office.
(c) That Dido and Angela had an argument.
(d) About her idea that Roland is not really her father.
13. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
(a) Come back later, alone, and speak to Roland.
(b) Come back later with Angela.
(c) Wait in the car for Angela.
(d) Pick Angela up in an hour.
14. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
15. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) His father is disabled.
(b) Richard spread lies about him.
(c) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(d) His mother is mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
2. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
3. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
4. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
5. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)