|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother talking to herself.
(b) Her mother mowing the grass.
(c) Her mother scything the grass.
(d) Her mother playing the harp.
2. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
(a) Dido thinks Robin lacks imagination.
(b) Dido simply likes Tycho better.
(c) Dido thinks Tycho is safer.
(d) Dido thinks Robin is stuck-up and selfish.
3. Why does Tycho respond to Angela's plan regarding her father in the way he initially does?
(a) He suspects Roland is not her father, and he doesn't want her to be embarrassed.
(b) He thinks Angela is just being self-absorbed.
(c) He is afraid Angela will get hurt if her father rejects her again.
(d) He thinks Dido will be upset and not let him see Angela anymore.
4. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
(a) Tycho says that giving in to natural curiosity doesn't always bring about hoped-for results.
(b) Tycho says Angela is being obsessive.
(c) Tycho says natural curiosity should be explored.
(d) Tycho says he doesn't understand why Angela doesn't just leave the past in the past.
5. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Lazy but kind.
(b) Rebellious but good-hearted.
(c) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(d) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
6. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
(a) She makes a joke to Tycho about how they resemble each other.
(b) She sighs a sigh of relief.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She starts to cry.
7. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
(a) She wants to find out for sure if her father is dead.
(b) She wants to ask him for financial help for her and her mother.
(c) She senses that her mother wants to reunite with her father.
(d) She senses her mother is not telling her the whole truth.
8. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(a) The sound of a lawn mower.
(b) Moonlight through the window.
(d) A cat meowing.
9. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
(a) He is afraid Angela's father will represent competition for her attention and affections.
(b) He thinks Robin will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(c) He thinks Dido will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(d) He thinks Angela's father is self-absorbed.
10. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) Richard spread lies about him.
(b) His mother is mean.
(c) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(d) His father is disabled.
11. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
(a) "Angela Roland."
(b) "The Mysterious Chase."
(c) "The Great Chase."
(d) "The Great Mystery."
12. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
13. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(a) Attitudes toward life.
(c) Sense of humor.
14. While Angela and her mother are having breakfast, Dido interrogates Angela about ____.
(a) What Angela plans to do that day.
(b) Robin's character.
(c) Why Angela is trying to meet her father.
(d) What Angela did the night before.
15. Africa's husband's name is ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
2. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
3. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
4. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
5. Angela's mother's name is ____.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)