|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Catalogue of the Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
(a) His mother has not passed on the message that Dido called.
(b) His mother has written Dido a letter asking her to keep Angela away from Tycho.
(c) His mother has called Dido and told her to stop Angela from calling anymore.
(d) His mother has not passed on the message that Angela called.
2. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother playing the harp.
(b) Her mother mowing the grass.
(c) Her mother scything the grass.
(d) Her mother talking to herself.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
(a) He thinks Robin will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(b) He thinks Angela's father is self-absorbed.
(c) He is afraid Angela's father will represent competition for her attention and affections.
(d) He thinks Dido will be upset with him for helping Angela.
5. Tycho's mother expresses her opinion of Angela. What does she say?
(a) Angela is from a broken home, so she is unstable.
(b) Angela is unfriendly and negative.
(c) Angela is just using Tycho.
(d) Angela is stuck-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
2. Who do Angela and Tycho discover sitting in the brush beside the car?
3. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
4. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
5. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)