|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Catalogue of the Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the discussion between Angela and Roland?
(a) Roland's mother.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) Roland's mother-in-law.
2. Tycho's family is scheduled to go to a party. Who is the party for?
(a) Africa and Hudson.
(d) Africa and Hamish.
3. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her nightgown.
(b) In her underwear.
(c) In her jogging suit.
(d) In her car.
4. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
(a) He tells her that he is sorry for what has happened and asks her to forgive him.
(b) He tells her he has tried to contact her through the years, but Dido refuses to let him see her.
(c) He says he wouldn't have been an asset in her life, and she is better off with just Dido as a parent.
(d) He tells her that he did love Dido at the time that Angela was conceived.
5. When Tycho tells his mother that he gave Angela $10 rather than buy a gift for the party, how does his mother react?
(a) She understands why Tycho chose to do so, once she hears the whole story.
(b) She is angry and accuses him of never thinking of anyone but himself.
(c) She is upset because she doesn't like Angela.
(d) She tells Tycho that because he has no gift, he cannot go to the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho finally gets home at the end of the book, who does he meet as he is coming through the gate to his house?
2. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
3. In Chapter 15, what does Angela do to help one of the accident victims?
4. In Chapter 16, Angela receives a surprise telephone call from _____.
5. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)