|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, The Catalogue of the Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(c) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
2. While Angela and Tcyho are walking to her house, they see what appears to be Dido's car on _________.
(a) Dry River Run.
(b) Dry Creek Road.
(c) Dry Street.
(d) Dry Bed Road.
3. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Angela doing?
(a) Running away from the car accident.
(b) Walking toward home.
(c) Running down the hill toward the car accident.
(d) Looking for a telephone.
4. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
(a) Rolling out pie dough.
(b) Rolling a cigarette.
(c) Drinking tea and knitting.
(d) Washing dishes.
5. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
(a) Removes her sunglasses and stares at one of the men.
(b) Pretends she doesn't see the two men.
(c) Turns her back.
(d) Starts talking to Tycho and ignores the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Angela and Tycho free the person trapped in the car, what happens?
2. When Tycho points out that her father doesn't seem very happy to see Angela, how does she react?
3. Who arrives just as Angela and Tycho are preparing to leave the accident scene in search of a phone?
4. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
5. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)