|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
2. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He can leave home for good.
(c) He will see Angela again.
(d) He has to go to school.
3. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
(a) His posture.
(b) His diction.
(c) His hair style and clothing.
(d) His attitude.
4. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(b) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(c) That beauty is as beauty does.
(d) That that is more than deep enough.
5. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So naive.
(b) So ridiculous.
(c) So boring.
(d) So middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
2. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
3. During their phone call, Dido tells Tycho that she is worried. What is she worried about?
4. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
5. After the events of the night before, why does Tycho seem jubilant.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)