|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
(a) He thinks Dido will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(b) He is afraid Angela's father will represent competition for her attention and affections.
(c) He thinks Robin will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(d) He thinks Angela's father is self-absorbed.
2. After Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, she and Tycho decide to walk to her house because _____.
(a) Angela's car is in the shop for servicing.
(b) Richard refuses to let Tycho use the car.
(c) Tycho's car is broken down.
(d) It is Saturday morning, and there are no buses until later.
3. Angela tells Tycho that she left the bar with a stranger but decided not to sleep with him. Why not?
(a) She thought he looked a bit insane.
(b) She doesn't love him.
(c) She doesn't know his last name.
(d) She doesn't want a bad reputation.
4. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
(b) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
5. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
(a) That beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
(b) That that is more than deep enough.
(c) That his mother is only spouting platitudes.
(d) That beauty is as beauty does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
2. Angela tells Dido that the night before, she and Robin went to hear a band at ____.
3. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
4. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
5. What does Tycho do while Angela is in the bathroom?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)