|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
(a) She says she wants only to have him see her face to face.
(b) She says she is attempting to meet her father for her mother's sake.
(c) She says that her father has always been a stranger and should remain so.
(d) She says she wants only to hear him say her name.
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(b) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
(c) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(d) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
3. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
(a) She says Tycho should tell Angela how he feels.
(b) She says he should forget about Angela.
(c) She says Tycho should be happy just being friends because Angela does not return his feelings.
(d) Everyone falls for an unsuitable person at some point, but the feeling will pass.
4. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her baby's birthday.
(b) It is her second wedding anniversary.
(c) It is her first wedding anniversary.
(d) It is her birthday.
5. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) That he has a headache.
(b) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(c) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
(d) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela's mother's name is ____.
2. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
3. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
4. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
5. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)