|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasoning does Angela initially give Tycho about her plan regarding her father?
(a) She says she is attempting to meet her father for her mother's sake.
(b) She says she wants only to have him see her face to face.
(c) She says that her father has always been a stranger and should remain so.
(d) She says she wants only to hear him say her name.
2. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her jogging suit.
(b) In her nightgown.
(c) In her underwear.
(d) In her car.
3. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
(a) She says she is having an affair with a much older man.
(b) She says she doesn't know.
(c) She says one of the men is her uncle.
(d) She says one of the men is her father.
4. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
(a) That Dido lied to Angela.
(b) That Roland has not actually met Dido.
(c) That Dido was promiscuous.
(d) That Angela was not born in the town.
5. Angela's mother's name is ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
2. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
3. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
4. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 12, what revelation does Angela make to Tycho that surprises him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)