|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
(a) Send him a letter.
(b) Write him off and forget about him.
(c) Ask her mother to set up a meeting.
(d) Telephone him and ask if the two can meet.
2. Roland's comment that he is not the only red-haired man in town is meant to imply what?
(a) That Dido lied to Angela.
(b) That Angela was not born in the town.
(c) That Dido was promiscuous.
(d) That Roland has not actually met Dido.
3. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
(a) Truth is impossible.
(b) Truth wobbles.
(c) Truth hurts.
(d) Truth is the opposite of imagination.
4. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
5. What does Angela reveal to Tycho that she spent the $10 he gave her on?
(a) A gift for him.
(b) A taxi ride to Tycho's house.
(c) A taxi ride to the bar.
(d) Drinks at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
2. Who drives the car in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
4. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
5. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)