|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
2. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
(a) The car plummets off the bridge.
(b) The car crashes into one of the uprights on the bridge.
(c) The car catches fire.
(d) The car speeds up and passes by them.
3. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) Like a movie.
(b) Like a fairy tale.
(c) An accident.
4. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
(a) Drink as much as she has tonight.
(b) Want another girl.
(c) Tell Dido she has been drinking.
(d) Ask questions about Roland.
5. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to borrow money.
(b) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(c) He wants to complain about their sister.
(d) He wants to wake Tycho up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
2. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
3. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
4. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
5. Although the midnight encounter with Angela has changed Tycho in some ways, Chapter 13 demonstrates that he is still his usual practical self. How?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)