|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angela rationalize her father's reaction to seeing her?
(a) She thinks perhaps she is mistaken and the man isn't really her father.
(b) She says it is understandable that he wouldn't acknowledge her in public.
(c) She convinces herself that her father didn't recognize her.
(d) She convinces herself that her father is just shocked to see her.
2. Tycho tells his mother he doesn't want to go to the party. What excuse does he first give?
(a) That he has a headache.
(b) There is an occultation of two of Jupiter's moons that he wants to see.
(c) There is a good movie on television that he doesn't want to miss.
(d) There is an eclipse that he wants to watch.
3. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(b) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(d) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
4. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
(a) Removes her sunglasses and stares at one of the men.
(b) Pretends she doesn't see the two men.
(c) Turns her back.
(d) Starts talking to Tycho and ignores the men.
5. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(b) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
(c) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(d) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa's husband's name is ____.
2. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
3. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
4. When her mother asks why Angela doesn't date Tycho instead of Robin, what reason does she give?
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)