|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
(a) Not to mention to Tycho's mother that they've talked.
(b) To contact the other if they hear from Angela.
(c) Not to mention to Angela that they've talked.
(d) To contact each other the next day.
2. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
(a) That they are married in every cell of Angela's body.
(b) That Roland is miserable without Dido but noble to have chosen to stay with his wife.
(c) That if Roland met Angela, he would remember how much he loved Dido.
(d) That her mother and father are in love, despite the passing of time.
3. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(a) They are triplets.
4. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
(b) He is happy because he misses her.
(c) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(d) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
5. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
(a) That she will spread gossip about Tycho if he doesn't go along with the plan.
(b) That the friendship will be over if Tycho doesn't support her plan.
(c) That if Tycho won't support her plan, she will just come back another day.
(d) That she respects his opinion, and if he wants to leave, she will still be his friend regardless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
2. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
3. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 12, when Angela suddenly appears at his house, Tycho thinks she looks ______.
5. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)