|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite her anger with Dido about Roland in Chapter 13, Angela bursts into tears when she finds out _____.
(a) The car is totalled, but Dido has escaped with only minor injuries.
(b) Dido is not in the car.
(c) Dido's is trapped in the car, but she is unharmed.
(d) Dido is badly hurt in the accident.
2. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(b) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
3. While Angela and her mother are having breakfast, Dido interrogates Angela about ____.
(a) Why Angela is trying to meet her father.
(b) What Angela plans to do that day.
(c) What Angela did the night before.
(d) Robin's character.
4. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's careless driving.
(b) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
(c) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
(d) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
5. During Angela's midnight visit to Tycho's, she tells him he must never _____.
(a) Want another girl.
(b) Ask questions about Roland.
(c) Drink as much as she has tonight.
(d) Tell Dido she has been drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
2. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
3. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
4. When Tycho points out that her father doesn't seem very happy to see Angela, how does she react?
5. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)