|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to borrow money.
(b) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(c) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(d) He wants to complain about their sister.
2. Both Angela and Tycho think that Dido doesn't renovate the house because ____.
(a) She can't afford it.
(b) She isn't planning to stay there very much longer.
(c) She enjoys a lifestyle that is inefficient and prone to difficulty.
(d) She is too much of a cheapskate.
3. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) Africa will never move back home.
(b) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
(c) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
(d) Africa won't move back home this time.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
(b) For a walk by the river.
(c) Back to the community service project site.
(d) For a drive in the hills to think.
5. Before Tycho and Angela leave for her house in Chapter 13, what do they do?
(a) Sweep the floor and feed the cat.
(b) Call Tycho's parents.
(c) Tidy up and eat bagels.
(d) Tidy up and have tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
2. The morning after the party Angela makes suggestions about how Tycho could improve _____.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Once he gets off the phone with Dido, Tycho goes outside. What is he planning to do?
5. When Angela wakes up after her evening in the bar, she realizes ____.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)