|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
(a) Tycho's father.
(b) Tycho's mother.
2. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their parents are too old.
(b) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
(c) The house is too small.
(d) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She likes living alone.
(b) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(c) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(d) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
4. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
(b) Richard's careless driving.
(c) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
(d) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
5. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
2. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
3. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
4. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
5. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)