|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho's mother knows Tycho has a crush on Angela. What does she tell him?
(a) She says Tycho should tell Angela how he feels.
(b) She says Tycho should be happy just being friends because Angela does not return his feelings.
(c) She says he should forget about Angela.
(d) Everyone falls for an unsuitable person at some point, but the feeling will pass.
2. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(a) Attitudes toward life.
(c) Sense of humor.
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "Life's a real old puzzle, isn't it?"
(b) Tycho's father.
(d) Tycho's mother.
4. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
(a) A rich, successful, well-dressed businessman.
(c) A gentle person.
(d) Well-groomed but unattractive.
5. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
(a) Tycho says that the plan is just plain silly.
(b) Tycho doesn't like the idea and refuses to help.
(c) Tycho thinks Angela will not be satisfied until she finds out the truth, so he supports her plan.
(d) Tycho doesn't like the idea at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
2. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
3. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
4. Roland seems to know that Angela is shocked by what he has told her. What does he say to try to make her feel better?
5. Tycho believes Angela is out of his league because she is beautiful, and he doesn't think he is very attractive. His mother tells him that beauty is only skin deep. What is Tycho's response?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)