|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(c) Tycho's mother.
2. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He is polite.
(c) He tells her he is glad to meet her.
(d) He is hostile and rude.
3. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
(a) Angela is standing behind him.
(b) The radio suddenly turns itself on.
(c) His mother is standing behind him.
(d) A noise in the attic.
4. Dido's usual style of parenting is described as ______.
(a) Hands off and noninterfering.
(d) Involved and interested.
5. In Chapter 9, how is Roland's office building described?
(a) A pink-and-cream structure.
(b) An elegant warehouse.
(c) Boring and efficiently laid out.
(d) Huge but ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roland finally agrees to speak with Angela, how does he refer to her?
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. What is Tycho's response to Angela's plan regarding her father?
4. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
5. Near the end of Chapter 8 Tycho agrees to ______.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)