|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard and Tycho's father arrives home, they are in the middle of an argument. What is the argument about?
(a) Richard's choice of liquor for the party.
(b) Richard's careless driving.
(c) Richard's way of dressing in old clothing.
(d) Richard's rudeness to the clerk in the liquor store.
2. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(b) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(c) She likes living alone.
(d) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
4. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
(b) Africa will never move back home.
(c) Africa won't move back home this time.
(d) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
5. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Lazy but kind.
(b) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
(c) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(d) Rebellious but good-hearted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho's family goes to the party, he is home alone and suddenly feels ____.
2. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
3. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
4. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
5. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)