|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
(a) She senses her mother is not telling her the whole truth.
(b) She wants to find out for sure if her father is dead.
(c) She wants to ask him for financial help for her and her mother.
(d) She senses that her mother wants to reunite with her father.
2. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
(a) He asks her to forget about Roland now that she knows the truth.
(b) He hugs her and tells her that he understands.
(c) He tells her that Roland is no good, anyway.
(d) He tells her that Dido loves her, and he is crazy about her.
3. In Chapter 11, what book is Tycho reading?
(a) "Black Holes and Other Mysteries."
(b) "The Bible."
(c) "The Catalogue of the Universe."
(d) "Amalthea, the Red Moon of Jupiter."
4. When Angela tells Roland she wants nothing from him, he hints that ______.
(a) There is no proof she is biologically related to him.
(b) He has a great dislike of Dido.
(c) There is no formal proof that she is Dido's actual daughter.
(d) His real name isn't Roland.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(c) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(d) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 8 end?
2. While Tycho and his mother are talking in the kitchen, what is his mother doing?
3. During their telephone call, Dido and Tycho promise each other ____.
4. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
5. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)