|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's mother's name is ____.
2. What has Tycho advised Angela to do about her father?
(a) Telephone him and ask if the two can meet.
(b) Send him a letter.
(c) Write him off and forget about him.
(d) Ask her mother to set up a meeting.
3. Chapter 8 makes clear that Tycho has another reason for responding to Angela's plan as he does. What is the other reason?
(a) He thinks Dido will be upset with him for helping Angela.
(b) He is afraid Angela's father will represent competition for her attention and affections.
(c) He thinks Angela's father is self-absorbed.
(d) He thinks Robin will be upset with him for helping Angela.
4. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
(a) That the world is symmetrical.
(b) That truth is only an idea.
(c) That the world is only an idea.
(d) That the earth revolves around the sun.
5. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(b) He wants to borrow money.
(c) He wants to complain about their sister.
(d) He wants to wake Tycho up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
2. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
3. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
4. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
5. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)