|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Road of Blood and Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip school and go to a concert.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(c) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(d) Write letters of protest to politicians.
2. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
(d) Good at sports.
3. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(b) Irresponsible but kind.
(c) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(d) Responsible but lazy.
4. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) He can leave home for good.
(d) He will see Angela again.
5. Dido tells Angela she would prefer Angela date Tycho rather than Robin. Why?
(a) Dido thinks Robin lacks imagination.
(b) Dido thinks Tycho is safer.
(c) Dido thinks Robin is stuck-up and selfish.
(d) Dido simply likes Tycho better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
3. Both Angela and Tycho think that Dido doesn't renovate the house because ____.
4. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
5. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)