|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, A Road of Blood and Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
(b) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(c) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(d) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
2. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(b) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(c) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(d) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
3. When Tycho points out that her father doesn't seem very happy to see Angela, how does she react?
(a) Angela defends him.
(b) Angela says Tycho is being too negative.
(c) Angela gets angry with Tycho.
(d) Angela says he probably didn't recognize her.
4. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(a) They are triplets.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(c) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(d) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
2. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
4. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
5. Angela says she has also seen her father another time. Where?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)