|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(c) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
2. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So naive.
(b) So boring.
(c) So ridiculous.
(d) So middle class.
3. Angela has indicated that she is taking Tycho to an unknown place but won't tell him where. Where is she taking him?
(a) To her house.
(b) To a coffee shop.
(c) To a cemetary.
(d) To a magazine store.
4. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
5. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was married.
(b) He was moving to Wales.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He didn't know she was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
2. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
3. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
4. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
5. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)