|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her underwear.
(b) In her car.
(c) In her jogging suit.
(d) In her nightgown.
2. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
(a) Richard is wearing a tie.
(b) Richard puts on a pair of clean briefs and then a pair of old ones with holes over top.
(c) Richard puts on a pair of his father's socks.
(d) Richard is dressing in his best clothes.
3. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the convergence of three roads.
(b) Beside a deep pond.
(c) At the edge of a dark woods.
(d) At a fork between two roads.
4. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(b) Irresponsible but kind.
(c) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(d) Responsible but lazy.
5. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
(a) A rich, successful, well-dressed businessman.
(b) Well-groomed but unattractive.
(d) A gentle person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. Dido used to tell Angela a story about a young girl. What was the girl's name?
4. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
5. What motivates Angela to search for her father?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)