|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(b) Skip school and go to a concert.
(c) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
2. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(b) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
(c) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
(d) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
3. Angela's mother's name is ____.
4. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(b) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
(c) One of the men is his own uncle.
(d) The men don't speak English.
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(b) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(c) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(d) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
2. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
3. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
4. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
5. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)