|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A drama queen.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A silly girl.
(d) A good mother.
2. What was the story that Dido used to recount to Angela titled?
(a) "The Great Mystery."
(b) "Angela Roland."
(c) "The Mysterious Chase."
(d) "The Great Chase."
3. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(b) His father is disabled.
(c) Richard spread lies about him.
(d) His mother is mean.
4. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Phones him.
(b) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(c) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
(d) Goes to his house and stands outside.
5. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
(a) The broken-home gang.
(b) The broken-home fellowship.
(c) Nothing; she doesn't really think about it.
(d) The missing-parent group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
2. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
3. How does Angela rationalize her father's reaction to seeing her?
4. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)