|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(c) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(d) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
2. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(a) The sound of a lawn mower.
(c) Moonlight through the window.
(d) A cat meowing.
3. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the edge of a dark woods.
(b) At the convergence of three roads.
(c) Beside a deep pond.
(d) At a fork between two roads.
4. Africa's husband's name is ____.
5. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her first wedding anniversary.
(b) It is her second wedding anniversary.
(c) It is her baby's birthday.
(d) It is her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
2. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
3. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
4. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
5. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)