|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So middle class.
(b) So naive.
(c) So ridiculous.
(d) So boring.
2. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(b) She and her husband make up.
(c) It's too early.
(d) She lives too far away.
3. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
(a) Roland Chase Agencies.
(b) Ronald Chase Agencies.
(c) Roland Cross Agency.
(d) Ronald Real Estate.
4. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the edge of a dark woods.
(b) At a fork between two roads.
(c) At the convergence of three roads.
(d) Beside a deep pond.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tycho's reaction to whom he and Angela encounter as they walk along the street?
2. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
3. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
4. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
5. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)