|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being a Child of Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
2. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Lazy but kind.
(b) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
(c) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(d) Rebellious but good-hearted.
3. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(b) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
4. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was married.
(b) He was moving to Wales.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He didn't know she was pregnant.
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(b) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(c) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(d) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
2. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
3. Angela wants Tycho to agree that wanting to meet her father is reasonable. What does Tycho say in response?
4. Africa's son is named ____.
5. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)