|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) Her husband isn't even home.
(b) She actually hit her husband.
(c) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
(d) Her husband hit the baby.
2. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
(a) Truth is the opposite of imagination.
(b) Truth is impossible.
(c) Truth wobbles.
(d) Truth hurts.
3. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
(a) Richard is wearing a tie.
(b) Richard is dressing in his best clothes.
(c) Richard puts on a pair of his father's socks.
(d) Richard puts on a pair of clean briefs and then a pair of old ones with holes over top.
4. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He can leave home for good.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He has to go to school.
(d) He will see Angela again.
5. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
2. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
3. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
4. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
5. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)