|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Irresponsible but kind.
(b) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(c) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(d) Responsible but lazy.
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(b) Richard spread lies about him.
(c) His mother is mean.
(d) His father is disabled.
4. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(b) Skip school and go to a concert.
(c) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(d) Write letters of protest to politicians.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
2. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
3. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
4. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
5. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)