|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
2. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) His father is disabled.
(b) Richard spread lies about him.
(c) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(d) His mother is mean.
3. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(b) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
(c) He is happy because he misses her.
(d) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
4. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A silly girl.
(c) A good mother.
(d) A drama queen.
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(b) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(c) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(d) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
4. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
5. Angela's mother's name is ____.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)