|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was married.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(d) He was moving to Wales.
2. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(b) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(c) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
(d) She likes living alone.
3. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
(b) Good at sports.
4. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) She actually hit her husband.
(b) Her husband isn't even home.
(c) Her husband hit the baby.
(d) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(c) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
2. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
3. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
4. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
5. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)