|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her birthday.
(b) It is her second wedding anniversary.
(c) It is her first wedding anniversary.
(d) It is her baby's birthday.
2. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(b) Irresponsible but kind.
(c) Responsible but lazy.
(d) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
3. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So naive.
(b) So boring.
(c) So middle class.
(d) So ridiculous.
4. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(b) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(d) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
2. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
3. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
4. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)