|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He will see Angela again.
(b) He can leave home for good.
(c) He has to go to work.
(d) He has to go to school.
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(b) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(d) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
3. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) His mother is mean.
(b) His father is disabled.
(c) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(d) Richard spread lies about him.
4. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
(a) Truth is the opposite of imagination.
(b) Truth hurts.
(c) Truth is impossible.
(d) Truth wobbles.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
4. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
5. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)