|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She likes living alone.
(b) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(c) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(d) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
2. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So boring.
(b) So ridiculous.
(c) So naive.
(d) So middle class.
3. Angela's mother's name is ____.
4. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
5. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
3. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
4. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
5. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)