|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(b) Chosen and wanted.
(d) Less anxious.
2. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(b) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(c) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
3. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) It's too early.
(b) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(c) She and her husband make up.
(d) She lives too far away.
4. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her car.
(b) In her nightgown.
(c) In her jogging suit.
(d) In her underwear.
5. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He can leave home for good.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) He has to go to work.
(d) He will see Angela again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa's son is named ____.
2. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
3. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
4. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
5. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)