|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(c) Skip school and go to a concert.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
2. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(a) Moonlight through the window.
(b) A cat meowing.
(c) The sound of a lawn mower.
3. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So ridiculous.
(b) So middle class.
(c) So naive.
(d) So boring.
4. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was married.
(b) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He was moving to Wales.
5. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(b) His mother is mean.
(c) His father is disabled.
(d) Richard spread lies about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
2. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
3. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
4. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
5. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)