|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(b) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(c) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(d) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
2. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
3. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
(b) The house is too small.
(c) Their parents are too old.
(d) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
4. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
(b) Africa won't move back home this time.
(c) Africa will never move back home.
(d) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
5. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
(c) Good at sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa's husband's name is ____.
2. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
3. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
4. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
5. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)