|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Wobble in the Cemetery of the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
2. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Responsible but lazy.
(b) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(c) Irresponsible but kind.
(d) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
3. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(b) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(c) Skip school and go to a concert.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
4. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(a) Too mature.
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(b) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(c) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(d) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
2. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
3. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
4. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
5. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)