|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She likes living alone.
(b) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(c) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(d) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
2. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) Her husband hit the baby.
(b) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
(c) Her husband isn't even home.
(d) She actually hit her husband.
3. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A drama queen.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A silly girl.
(d) A good mother.
4. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(b) Like a movie.
(c) Like a fairy tale.
(d) An accident.
5. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Responsible but lazy.
(b) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(c) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(d) Irresponsible but kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
2. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
3. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
4. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)