|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(b) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
(c) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
(d) He is happy because he misses her.
2. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(b) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(c) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(d) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
3. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So naive.
(b) So middle class.
(c) So ridiculous.
(d) So boring.
4. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
5. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
(b) She actually hit her husband.
(c) Her husband isn't even home.
(d) Her husband hit the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
2. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
5. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)