|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A good mother.
(b) A silly girl.
(c) An intellectual.
(d) A drama queen.
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
4. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(b) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
5. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He can leave home for good.
(d) He will see Angela again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
2. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
3. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
4. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)