|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother talking to herself.
(b) Her mother mowing the grass.
(c) Her mother scything the grass.
(d) Her mother playing the harp.
2. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(b) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was married.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(d) He was moving to Wales.
5. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Less anxious.
(d) Chosen and wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
2. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
3. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
4. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
5. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)