|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(b) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(c) He wants to borrow money.
(d) He wants to complain about their sister.
2. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(b) He is happy because he misses her.
(c) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
(d) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
(c) They are triplets.
5. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So middle class.
(b) So ridiculous.
(c) So boring.
(d) So naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
4. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)