|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) It's too early.
(b) She and her husband make up.
(c) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(d) She lives too far away.
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(b) He wants to complain about their sister.
(c) He wants to borrow money.
(d) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(b) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
(c) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(d) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
5. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So middle class.
(b) So naive.
(c) So boring.
(d) So ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa's son is named ____.
2. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
3. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
4. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)