|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(c) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
2. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(c) Skip school and go to a concert.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
3. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to complain about their sister.
(b) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(c) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(d) He wants to borrow money.
4. Angela's best friend's name is ___.
5. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
(b) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(d) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
2. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
4. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
5. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)