|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(a) The sound of a lawn mower.
(b) Moonlight through the window.
(c) A cat meowing.
2. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
3. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip school and go to a concert.
(b) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(c) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
4. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(b) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(c) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(d) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
5. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(b) It's too early.
(c) She lives too far away.
(d) She and her husband make up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
2. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
3. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
4. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
5. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)