|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) The house is too small.
(b) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
(c) Their parents are too old.
(d) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
2. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother mowing the grass.
(b) Her mother playing the harp.
(c) Her mother scything the grass.
(d) Her mother talking to herself.
3. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(b) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(c) He wants to borrow money.
(d) He wants to complain about their sister.
4. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) She actually hit her husband.
(b) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
(c) Her husband isn't even home.
(d) Her husband hit the baby.
5. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(b) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(d) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
2. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
3. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
4. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
5. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)