|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(b) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(c) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(d) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
2. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
(a) A silly girl.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A drama queen.
(d) A good mother.
3. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So ridiculous.
(b) So middle class.
(c) So boring.
(d) So naive.
4. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(c) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(d) Skip school and go to a concert.
5. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(b) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the eldest of the siblings in Tycho's family?
2. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
4. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
5. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)