|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He will see Angela again.
(d) He can leave home for good.
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
(b) The house is too small.
(c) Their parents are too old.
(d) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
4. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) Like a movie.
(b) Like a fairy tale.
(c) An accident.
5. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
(b) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
(c) Africa will never move back home.
(d) Africa won't move back home this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
2. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
3. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
4. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
5. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)