|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her first wedding anniversary.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) It is her baby's birthday.
(d) It is her second wedding anniversary.
2. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
3. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
(b) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(c) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(d) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
4. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
(a) Moonlight through the window.
(c) A cat meowing.
(d) The sound of a lawn mower.
5. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
(b) He wants to complain about their sister.
(c) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(d) He wants to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
2. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
3. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
4. Africa's husband's name is ____.
5. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)