|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to borrow money.
(b) He wants to complain about their sister.
(c) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(d) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
2. Africa's husband's name is ____.
3. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
(b) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
(c) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(d) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
4. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
(a) So boring.
(b) So middle class.
(c) So ridiculous.
(d) So naive.
5. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
(b) Rebellious but good-hearted.
(c) Lazy but kind.
(d) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
2. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
3. Africa's son is named ____.
4. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
5. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)