|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, A Leap into the Abyss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tycho wakes up the morning after the party, his family is not there. Why?
(a) They've gone shopping.
(b) They've been in an accident.
(c) His father has become ill, and the family stayed at Africa's overnight.
(d) They've gone on vacation.
2. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(b) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(c) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(d) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
3. How does Chapter 8 end?
(a) Tycho drives away and leaves Angela alone.
(b) Angela gets out of the car and walks toward her father's office.
(c) Angela gets out of the car, changes her mind, and gets back in.
(d) Tycho falls asleep while waiting for Angela to come back.
4. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
(a) Dido is painting the bathroom.
(b) Tony has a new pet.
(c) Richard is angry at him for not going to the party.
(d) Angela has not returned home yet.
5. While Tycho's family is at the party, who telephones the house near midnight?
(d) Tycho's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho's family is scheduled to go to a party. Who is the party for?
2. What traumatic event happens just after Tycho and Angela spot a car they think is Dido's as they walk toward her house?
3. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
4. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
5. When Tycho hears what has happened in Roland's office, how does he try to comfort Angela?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)