Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Midnight Appointments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
(a) Richard is angry at him for not going to the party.
(b) Angela has not returned home yet.
(c) Tony has a new pet.
(d) Dido is painting the bathroom.
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
(a) He wants to wake Tycho up.
(b) He wants to complain about their sister.
(c) He wants to borrow money.
(d) Richard's clothes are still in Tycho's room.
3. What reason does Dido give for being worried about Angela driving the car on the winding road home?
(a) Dido thinks Angela is not a very careful driver.
(b) The car is not insured, and she is worried it will break down.
(c) The road is too dark, and Dido is worried that Angela will get lost.
(d) The road is dangerous, with a lot of traffic.
4. When Angela tells Roland about growing up poor, what does he disclose to her?
(a) That Dido refused to take money from him for Angela.
(b) That he never sent child support payments to Dido.
(c) That he doesn't really care about what she's experienced.
(d) That he didn't even know she existed.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, Angela refuses to take a ride home with Tycho. He gives her $10 and leaves. Where does he go?
(a) For a walk by the river.
(b) Back to the community service project site.
(c) For a drive in the hills to think.
(d) For a coffee at the nearby cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
2. In Chapter 11, who does Tycho decide to make a phone call to?
3. In Chapter 8, Angela meets up with Tycho again, and tells him ____.
4. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
5. What does Angela threaten when she hears what Tycho has to say about her plan?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)