|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Family Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(b) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
(c) Lazy but kind.
(d) Rebellious but good-hearted.
2. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) An accident.
(b) Like a fairy tale.
(c) Like a movie.
3. Africa's son is named ____.
4. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He can leave home for good.
(d) He will see Angela again.
5. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(b) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(c) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
3. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
4. Angela's mother's name is ____.
5. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)