|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Dragon's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
(a) It is the slogan of an advertisement Tycho hears on the radio.
(b) It is the slogan on the book Tycho is reading.
(c) It is the slogan of the drink Angela had at the bar.
(d) It is printed on the t-shirt Angela bought Tycho.
2. When Angela finds out where her father lives, what does she do?
(a) Nothing; she is afraid to actually face her father.
(b) Goes to his house and stands outside.
(c) Goes to his house and rings the bell.
(d) Phones him.
3. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
(b) Africa won't move back home this time.
(c) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
(d) Africa will never move back home.
4. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Rebellious but good-hearted.
(b) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(c) Lazy but kind.
(d) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
5. What does Tycho learn in the course of the phone call he makes?
(a) Richard is angry at him for not going to the party.
(b) Dido is painting the bathroom.
(c) Tony has a new pet.
(d) Angela has not returned home yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
2. When her mother asks why Angela doesn't date Tycho instead of Robin, what reason does she give?
3. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
4. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
5. What does Angela say that indicates she has romanticized the relationship between her mother and father?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)