|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Dragon's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Tycho hangs up the phone after the late night call while his family is at the party, what startles him?
(a) Angela is standing behind him.
(b) A noise in the attic.
(c) His mother is standing behind him.
(d) The radio suddenly turns itself on.
2. Tycho asks his mother where his name originated. What does his mother tell him?
(a) She saw the name in an advertisement on television.
(b) Her great-great-grandfather was named Tycho.
(c) There is a star called Tycho, and his mother thought that was a romantic name.
(d) She saw the name in a magazine at a doctor's office.
3. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(b) Sense of humor.
(d) Attitudes toward life.
4. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) Her husband hit the baby.
(b) Her husband isn't even home.
(c) She actually hit her husband.
(d) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
5. Dido suggests that she and Angela do something different this morning. What does she suggest?
(a) Going to a cafe for breakfast.
(c) Going to church.
(d) A picnic breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho's conversation with Dido reveals his mother's feelings about Angela more clearly. Why?
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
3. Being from a single-parent family, Angela considers herself part of _____.
4. How does Tycho respond to Angela's threat regarding her plan?
5. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)