|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Dragon's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela resort to threats in an attempt to get Tycho's support for her plan?
(a) She is manipulative by nature.
(b) She knows he will not allow her to go through the experience alone.
(c) She knows Tycho has a crush on her and can be forced to do whatever she asks of him.
(d) She is afraid he will succeed in talking her out of her plan.
2. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) She lives too far away.
(b) It's too early.
(c) She and her husband make up.
(d) She decides to go to a friend's house.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to disrupt her lifestyle.
(b) She likes living alone.
(c) She is too tired to pursue a relationship, and they've both changed too much.
(d) She doesn't want to get Angela's hopes up.
4. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
(a) At the convergence of three roads.
(b) At a fork between two roads.
(c) At the edge of a dark woods.
(d) Beside a deep pond.
5. Angela looks to Tycho to affirm that her curiosity about her father is natural. How does he respond?
(a) Tycho says that giving in to natural curiosity doesn't always bring about hoped-for results.
(b) Tycho says he doesn't understand why Angela doesn't just leave the past in the past.
(c) Tycho says Angela is being obsessive.
(d) Tycho says natural curiosity should be explored.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tycho points out that her father doesn't seem very happy to see Angela, how does she react?
2. When Angela calls Dido in Chapter 13, Angela is upset because _____.
3. IN Chapter 11, why did Dido call Tycho earlier in the day?
4. How does Roland initially act toward Angela in Chapter 9?
5. What is the significance of the slogan "The Ionions Rule!" in Chapter 12?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)