|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her jogging suit.
(b) In her nightgown.
(c) In her underwear.
(d) In her car.
2. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
(a) Her husband didn't hit her; he threatened to hit her.
(b) Her husband isn't even home.
(c) She actually hit her husband.
(d) Her husband hit the baby.
3. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(b) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
(c) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(d) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
4. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
(a) Drove her to her parents himself.
(b) Hit her harder, to knock her out.
(d) Left her.
5. Tycho refers to his past attempts to impress people by making them think he was ____.
(d) Good at sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
2. Richard goads Tycho about the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void," saying he is ____.
3. Africa's son is named ____.
4. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
5. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)