|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) One of the men is his own uncle.
(b) The men don't speak English.
(c) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(d) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
2. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(b) Chosen and wanted.
(c) Less anxious.
3. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
(a) A group of misfits with motorcycles.
(b) A rough-looking man with a wheelbarrow.
(d) A group of misfits on bicycles.
4. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
(a) Richard puts on a pair of his father's socks.
(b) Richard puts on a pair of clean briefs and then a pair of old ones with holes over top.
(c) Richard is dressing in his best clothes.
(d) Richard is wearing a tie.
5. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(a) An accident.
(c) Like a movie.
(d) Like a fairy tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
3. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
4. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
5. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)