|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
(b) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
2. Angela has indicated that she is taking Tycho to an unknown place but won't tell him where. Where is she taking him?
(a) To her house.
(b) To a cemetary.
(c) To a coffee shop.
(d) To a magazine store.
3. According to Tycho, what property does truth have?
(a) Truth is impossible.
(b) Truth is the opposite of imagination.
(c) Truth hurts.
(d) Truth wobbles.
4. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(b) Lazy but kind.
(c) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
(d) Rebellious but good-hearted.
5. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
(a) Usual spot.
(d) Cafe near the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
2. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
3. Chapter 4 reveals that, with respect to Robin, Tycho feels ____.
4. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
5. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)