|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(b) Too mature.
2. What is the purpose of the early-morning phone call in Chapter 2?
(a) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to come and get her.
(b) Africa has had an argument with her husband and wants her parents to call the police.
(c) Angela wants Tycho to help her find her father.
(d) Angela wants to tell Tycho about her conversation with her mother.
3. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Less anxious.
(c) Chosen and wanted.
4. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
(a) Tycho quotes this to Richard.
(b) Tycho's father is an atomic scientist.
(c) Tycho has pinned this quote over his bed.
(d) Angela has given Tycho a card with this quote on it.
5. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(b) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
2. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
3. What is Tycho's reaction to whom he and Angela encounter as they walk along the street?
4. Angela's mother's name is ____.
5. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)