|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(b) One of the men is his own uncle.
(c) The men don't speak English.
(d) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(b) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
(d) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. In Chapter 3, how is Tycho portrayed?
(a) Funny but somewhat dim-witted.
(b) Responsible, serious, and trustworthy.
(c) Irresponsible but kind.
(d) Responsible but lazy.
5. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(b) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
(c) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(d) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Africa changes her story in the second phone call. What does she say?
2. In the first scene in the novel, Angela is awakened by ____.
3. When Angela brings up the idea of a reconciliation between her parents, her mother rejects the idea. Why?
4. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
5. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)