|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Angela and Tycho are leaving the house, his mother reminds him to buy a present for Africa. Why?
(a) It is her first wedding anniversary.
(b) It is her baby's birthday.
(c) It is her second wedding anniversary.
(d) It is her birthday.
2. How does Tycho know that Angela's explanation about the two men who came out of the building is a lie?
(a) One of the men is his own uncle.
(b) One of the men bears a striking resemblance to Angela.
(c) The men don't speak English.
(d) The men are Robin's father and his brother.
3. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
(a) Dido won't let her have the car if Robin picks her up.
(b) She is not going home after she and Tycho part.
(c) She is afraid Dido will insult Robin.
(d) She is afraid Robin will insult Dido.
4. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
(a) Rebellious, irresponsible, and selfish.
(b) Lazy but kind.
(c) Rebellious but good-hearted.
(d) Easygoing with an ironic sense of humor.
5. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
(a) In her jogging suit.
(b) In her car.
(c) In her nightgown.
(d) In her underwear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the building the two men emerge from?
2. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
3. What is Angela's response when the man she believes is her father reacts the way he does?
4. What is the significance, in Chapter 3, of the quote, "Nothing exists but atoms and the void."
5. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)