|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(b) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
(c) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(d) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
2. What is Tycho's reaction to whom he and Angela encounter as they walk along the street?
(a) He makes a joke.
(b) He tries to start a conversation.
(c) He stares.
(d) He is afraid to make eye contact.
3. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
(b) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
(c) He is happy because he misses her.
(d) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
4. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
(a) Less anxious.
(b) Chosen and wanted.
5. Richard is groaning about the possibility that Africa will return home. What does Tycho tell him?
(a) If Africa moves back home, her husband will divorce her.
(b) Africa won't move back home this time.
(c) Africa will never move back home.
(d) If Africa moves back home, Tycho will move away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
2. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
3. Tycho is surprised when he watches Richard dressing. Why?
4. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
5. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)