|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
(a) She says one of the men is her father.
(b) She says she is having an affair with a much older man.
(c) She says one of the men is her uncle.
(d) She says she doesn't know.
2. What is Angela's nickname for her best friend?
3. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Attitudes toward life.
4. Africa's husband's name is ____.
5. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
(a) He is angry because he doesn't want to share a room with Tycho.
(b) He is annoyed because she is noisy.
(c) He is happy because he misses her.
(d) He is anxious because he doesn't like her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
2. Angela points out a sign on a building to Tycho. What does the sign say?
3. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
4. When Robin offers to pick Angela up later in the day, she refuses. Why?
5. In Chapter 2, who makes an early-morning phone call?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)