|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tycho compares common sense and ______.
2. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
(a) That her father has contacted her.
(b) Her father's home address and place of business.
(c) Her father's wife's name.
(d) That her mother is lying.
3. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip school and go to a concert.
(b) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(c) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
4. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
5. When two men emerge from the building across the street, Angela seems to recognize them. Tycho asks who they are. What does Angel tell him?
(a) She says she is having an affair with a much older man.
(b) She says she doesn't know.
(c) She says one of the men is her uncle.
(d) She says one of the men is her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela likes to hear the story of the relationship between her mother and father because it makes her feel ____.
2. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
3. What does Angela do when the two men enter the building she and Tycho are in?
4. What is Richard's reaction to the news that Africa is coming home?
5. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)