|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was moving to Wales.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(d) He was married.
2. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
(a) Mr. Potter is mentally ill.
(b) Mr. Potter is disabled because of an accident.
(c) Mr. Potter is rarely home.
(d) Mrs. Potter is overbearing and controlling, and no one will stand up to her, including Mr. Potter.
3. What does Angela know that she keeps from her mother?
(a) That her mother is lying.
(b) Her father's wife's name.
(c) That her father has contacted her.
(d) Her father's home address and place of business.
4. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
(a) Too mature.
5. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He will see Angela again.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He has to go to school.
(d) He can leave home for good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard tells his father that both he and Tycho feel _____ toward Africa.
2. Robin and Angela make plans to meet later at the ____.
3. Richard jokes that Africa's husband should have ____.
4. How is the man Angela believes to be her father described in Chapter 5?
5. Angela has indicated that she is taking Tycho to an unknown place but won't tell him where. Where is she taking him?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)