|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Angela hear when she wakes up?
(a) Her mother playing the harp.
(b) Her mother scything the grass.
(c) Her mother talking to herself.
(d) Her mother mowing the grass.
2. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip school and go to a concert.
(b) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(c) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
3. Tycho counts the hours until _____.
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He can leave home for good.
(c) He will see Angela again.
(d) He has to go to school.
4. Tycho says people avoided him when he was younger because ___.
(a) They were afraid he would be rude to them.
(b) Richard spread lies about him.
(c) His mother is mean.
(d) His father is disabled.
5. Africa's parents do not pick her up because ____.
(a) She decides to go to a friend's house.
(b) It's too early.
(c) She lives too far away.
(d) She and her husband make up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tcyho and Angela park the car in Chapter 5, and as they are walking down the street, whom do they encounter?
2. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
3. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
4. Africa's husband's name is ____.
5. What philosophical idea does Tycho discuss with Angela?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)