|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man Angela believes is her father react when he sees her?
(a) He gapes at her in disbelief and then turns his back.
(b) He gapes at her in disbelief and then asks her name.
(c) He smiles and then goes back out the door.
(d) Nothing; he doesn't see her.
2. When Angela asks her mother to tell her how her parents met, her mother says it was ____.
(b) Like a movie.
(c) An accident.
(d) Like a fairy tale.
3. Angela's boyfriend's name is ____.
4. Richard says it wouldn't be fair to their parents if Africa moves back home. Why?
(a) Their parents are too old.
(b) The house is too small.
(c) Their mother will end up being a built-in babysitter.
(d) Their parents can't afford to take care of her.
5. Angela has an idea of what she and Tycho can do for the day in Chapter 3. What does she propose?
(a) Skip their community-service project and go to the beach.
(b) Skip school and go to a concert.
(c) Write letters of protest to politicians.
(d) Skip their community-service project and go see a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela's mother's name is ____.
2. The morning after the middle-of-the-night phone call, why does Richard go into Tycho's room?
3. In Chapter 3, how is Richard described?
4. In Chapter 4, which character speaks the line: "Where do we go from here?"
5. Chapter 3 reveals that Tycho's mother is effectively the head of the household. Why?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)