|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Encounters in a Changing Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's mother says she couldn't stay with Angela's father because ____.
(a) He was moving to Wales.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He didn't know she was pregnant.
(d) He was married.
2. Angela sense that Tycho's mother doesn't approve of her. What does she do?
(a) Angela ignores Mrs. Potter.
(b) Angela is excessively polite to Mrs. Potter.
(c) Angela pretends Mrs. Potter is invisible.
(d) Angela flirts with Mr. Potter.
3. What is Tycho's reaction to whom he and Angela encounter as they walk along the street?
(a) He is afraid to make eye contact.
(b) He tries to start a conversation.
(c) He stares.
(d) He makes a joke.
4. Angela's mother says she values two things in her life, _____ and Angela.
5. Chapter 5 highlights the huge difference between Angela's and Roland's ____.
(b) Sense of humor.
(d) Attitudes toward life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Richard and Tycho describe Africa?
2. Tycho confides to Angela that when he was younger he had a reputation as ____.
3. When Angela looks out the window at the beginning of the book, she sees her mother ___.
4. Africa's husband's name is ____.
5. What philosopher does Tycho mention in Chapter 4?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)